Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Z-Ro Asked About Leaving Rap-A-Lot Records, Confirms More Mya Collaborations

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
65 viewing
 Video inside McConaughey keeps it all the way 100, talks about almost getting jumped..
11 comments
most viewed right now
52 viewing
 Image inside Diddy wished 50 a happy birthday :mjlol:
65 comments

top in section
22 viewing
 Video inside URGENT:Something is Affecting the Entire Solar System Ė Sunís Magnetic ..
top in wild'ish
top in section
18 viewing
Video inside Most unintentionally hilarious scene in a movie ever
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Ľ Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Z-Ro Asked About Leaving Rap-A-Lot Records, Confirms More Mya Collaborations
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - on now - #1
648 pageviews
6 comments

TheThreadLord 1757 heat pts1757 space
All You Need Is LUCK!
space
$6,550 | POWERFUL
Exclusive: The former Rap-A-Lot artist was tight-lipped about his departure, but talks about his career progression and also announces new collaborative project with Chris Ward.

2013 marks the 15-year anniversary of Z-Roís debut album, Look What You Did To Me and since then, the Houston native has gone on to release 15 more projects.

ďI keep it moving all the time,Ē Z-Ro told HipHopDX this month.

Hustle doesnít begin to describe his work ethic and 2013 wonít be any different as Z-Ro plans to drop a mixtape first, then an album followed by a collaborative project with onetime Boss Hogg Outlawz member Chris Ward.

ďIím about to release another mixtape by the name of Luther Vandross Sings The Blues,Ē he says. ďMe and Chris Ward got a record scheduled to come out entitled Way Too Fly and Way Too High so thereís a lot of stuff going on for 2013 so I think all of my fans will be satisfied.Ē

If that wasnít enough, Z-Ro said heís working on a record with Mya that may be included in one of his upcoming projects. The pair previously worked together on Ro's 2008 album, Crack.

Also making news recently with the Guerrilla Maab member was the ending of his contract under his longtime label, Rap-A-Lot Records - as formally confirmed by Ro's publicist, Lisa Jackson. When asked about why he ended his stint with the legendary record label, Z-Ro wouldnít go into specifics. J. Prince's imprint released Angel Dust under Z-Ro's name on October 2 of this year, an album that appeared on the Top 200 of the Soundscan charts. Between 2004 and 2012, Z-Ro released eight albums on the label famous for releases by Geto Boys, Bun B and Scarface.

Also asked about his relationship with longtime partner, former label-mate and Maab member Trae tha Truth, Z-Ro refused to speak in detail.

ďIíve got a relationship with Z-Ro right now, Iíve got a relationship with me and Iím doing my thing right now so thatís about that.Ē

Consistency has always been a trademark of the veteran Southern rapper and heíll keep it going until the demand for his records runs out.

ďReally itís just the same thing, itís just Iím continuing to do what I did from day one, which is feeding my fans the music that they want to hear so ainít nothing really change but the time in music and the year,Ē he said. ďIím exactly where I want to be. Iím living my life and Iím having fun and still do what I got to do to live a leisurely lifestyle.Ē

Z-Ro Asked About Leaving Rap-A-Lot Records, Confirms More Mya Collaborations | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

6 comments for "Z-Ro Asked About Leaving Rap-A-Lot Records, Confirms More Mya Collaborations"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #2
NBA Brawler 92 heat pts92 space
Al Saheem
space
$14,464 | POWERFUL
I need another ABN album.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #3
Player 1 19 heat pts19 space
Capo Status
space
$21,473 | POWERFUL
Rap super hero
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #4
SE Texas713 1 heat pts space
p-i-m-p ology
space
$341 | 2218621
Player 1 said:
Rap super hero
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #5
OG Killa 155 heat pts155 space
You A bi*ch
space
$15,568 | POWERFUL
One of the greatest.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - on now - #6
RubbahBandMayn 2 heat pts space
FREE Mumia Abu Jamal
space
$8,155 | POWERFUL
Z-Ro The Crooked

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
10 viewing
Jul 4 - Scientist claims immortality within reach :ohnoes:
108 comments
@news
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside W#!te People Outfit on the 4th... LOL
97 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Audio inside Dr Dre's the Pharmacy debut in 5 minutes on Beats 1 radio
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Image inside On Set Of Lil Wayne's "Glory" Video Shoot
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside Rewind Live was taking shots at 2k?
53 comments
@games
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside Chris Brown Calls Out His Daughterís Grandmother on Instagram
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Some Redditor Put A Small Magnet In Their Finger.
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Video inside Final Fantasy 7 remake - the scenes we probably won't see
27 comments
@games
most viewed right now
4 viewing
NBA Okafor meets Embiid
83 comments
@sports

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time