This is BX @ Boxden.com

Z-Ro Asked About Leaving Rap-A-Lot Records, Confirms More Mya Collaborations

Z-Ro Asked About Leaving Rap-A-Lot Records, Confirms More Mya Collaborations
topic by TheThreadLord - 12-31-2012, 12:17 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

Exclusive: The former Rap-A-Lot artist was tight-lipped about his departure, but talks about his career progression and also announces new collaborative project with Chris Ward.

2013 marks the 15-year anniversary of Z-Roís debut album, Look What You Did To Me and since then, the Houston native has gone on to release 15 more projects.

ďI keep it moving all the time,Ē Z-Ro told HipHopDX this month.

Hustle doesnít begin to describe his work ethic and 2013 wonít be any different as Z-Ro plans to drop a mixtape first, then an album followed by a collaborative project with onetime Boss Hogg Outlawz member Chris Ward.

ďIím about to release another mixtape by the name of Luther Vandross Sings The Blues,Ē he says. ďMe and Chris Ward got a record scheduled to come out entitled Way Too Fly and Way Too High so thereís a lot of stuff going on for 2013 so I think all of my fans will be satisfied.Ē

If that wasnít enough, Z-Ro said heís working on a record with Mya that may be included in one of his upcoming projects. The pair previously worked together on Ro's 2008 album, Crack.

Also making news recently with the Guerrilla Maab member was the ending of his contract under his longtime label, Rap-A-Lot Records - as formally confirmed by Ro's publicist, Lisa Jackson. When asked about why he ended his stint with the legendary record label, Z-Ro wouldnít go into specifics. J. Prince's imprint released Angel Dust under Z-Ro's name on October 2 of this year, an album that appeared on the Top 200 of the Soundscan charts. Between 2004 and 2012, Z-Ro released eight albums on the label famous for releases by Geto Boys, Bun B and Scarface.

Also asked about his relationship with longtime partner, former label-mate and Maab member Trae tha Truth, Z-Ro refused to speak in detail.

ďIíve got a relationship with Z-Ro right now, Iíve got a relationship with me and Iím doing my thing right now so thatís about that.Ē

Consistency has always been a trademark of the veteran Southern rapper and heíll keep it going until the demand for his records runs out.

ďReally itís just the same thing, itís just Iím continuing to do what I did from day one, which is feeding my fans the music that they want to hear so ainít nothing really change but the time in music and the year,Ē he said. ďIím exactly where I want to be. Iím living my life and Iím having fun and still do what I got to do to live a leisurely lifestyle.Ē

Z-Ro Asked About Leaving Rap-A-Lot Records, Confirms More Mya Collaborations | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics Ľ   share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

6 comments for "Z-Ro Asked About Leaving Rap-A-Lot Records, Confirms More Mya Collaborations"

12-31-2012, 12:23 PMaway - #2
NBA Brawler 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$11,427 | POWERFUL
I need another ABN album.
 12-31-2012, 07:57 PMaway - #3
Player 1 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$19,135 | POWERFUL
Rap super hero
 01-01-2013, 04:49 AMaway - #4
SE Texas713 1 heat pts

d 
space
$307 | 1845279
Originally Posted by Player 1
Rap super hero
 01-01-2013, 06:44 AMaway - #5
OG Killa 137 heat pts137

d 
space
$11,698 | POWERFUL
One of the greatest.
 01-01-2013, 09:15 AMaway - #6
RubbahBandMayn 

d 
space
$5,901 | POWERFUL
Z-Ro The Crooked

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
122 comments
Image inside  Thick Vietnamese chick named Kandy...
74 comments
Image inside  Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
80 comments
 Image(s) inside Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'most Beautiful'
New reply 4 minutes ago - 111 comments - by SM
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 7 minutes ago - 327 comments - by JordanWest86
 Article inside Lil Boosie Will Be Releasing His Next Album July 15th,...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 71 comments - by SM
 NBA Bradley Beal Says Fu-k Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
New reply 8 minutes ago - 132 comments - by bridouble
 Image(s) inside This Girls Dad Came Out Of Nowhere (gif)
New reply 6 minutes ago - 68 comments - by Aleandroid
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 10 minutes ago - 110 comments - by tre0624
 Video inside Video Of Bleached Up Dancehall Dj Vybz Kartelís Allege...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 60 comments - by ajeana
  Top 10 Wealthiest Pro Wrestlers Of All Time
New reply 10 minutes ago - 72 comments - by bridouble

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX | none new today 4,651 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.