This is BX @ Boxden.com

Whats wrong with people nowadays(real discussions only)

Whats wrong with people nowadays(real discussions only)
topic by ddash - 09-17-2007, 01:55 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

I dont get people on here or in the world with music nowadays.The music has to be at an all time low.Not money wise but as far as putting out a good product,mainly rap music.I see so many dipset fans and downsouth fans and i wonder wtf,they have to be the worst rappers,real talk.They talk about the same things and lyrically just a waste of time.I understand that beats help but cmon.I miss the 90's hiphop and rap.I know people have their own preference buy cmon now.

do people really like dipset
do people really like snap music
do people really believe that wayne or joe buddens is better than jayz or pac
would people rather listen to downsouth music than hiphop
what ever happen to hip hop
what ever happen to lyrics
plz add ur own input.I want this to be a real discussion.

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

39 comments for "Whats wrong with people nowadays(real discussions only)"

09-17-2007, 02:10 AMaway - #2
YusufSaad 

d 
space
$1,491 | 0
having a real discussion on BX is like NEVER going to happen
i been saying this for years as have thousands of other people.
but then you get good artists really shining ever year too, and MOST people really know whats up. look at gnarls barkley last year, and common last year, and lupe
this year we got kanye,common,lupe a bunch of other really good artists
since 1991 there were #### rappers, and people know the difference, they really do.
but honestly ever since eminem came in the game rap has been horrible
 09-17-2007, 02:15 AMaway - #3
JaeWil 

d 
space
$5,578 | 18107759
dont put joe budden in the same breath as lil wayne....
 09-17-2007, 02:16 AMaway - #4
ddash 1 heat pts

d 
space
$14,224 | POWERFUL
i agree with u.I like em tho,he changed up things a lil.plus he was lyrical.but after that yea its been downhill,and its gettin worse every year.Lupe flopped and talib aint never going platinum.real artist have to be fake just to sell its seems.its sad.Its seems like its all or nothin now.cant have both nowadays.Plus white buy 80% of rap music and concert tickets so it seems as if these companies are just PIMPING ARTISTS TO MAKE THAT MUSIC AND THESE ARTIST ARE LETTING THEMSLEVES BE PUPPETS.Money aint everything Bamboozled was a good movie and u can see it in todays music
 09-17-2007, 02:18 AMaway - #5
ddash 1 heat pts

d 
space
$14,224 | POWERFUL
i like joe buddens,I use to like wayne,but they should never be put in a top 10 or even considered.
 09-17-2007, 02:50 AMaway - #6
King Juels 

d 
space
$5,168 | POWERFUL
When AZ, Ali Vegas, and Bizzy Bone are not appreciated and 2Pac gets compared to low class swag thiefs and d*ckriders, when that day comes then you know the rap game sucks! Damn my bad, I forgot it was September 17th, 2007, I meant to type this in March 10th, 1997.
 09-17-2007, 03:24 AMaway - #7
Tha_D 

d 
space
$822 | 1856317
Originally Posted by YusufSaad
but honestly ever since eminem came in the game rap has been horrible
Nah man. During the Shady/Aftermath eara we saw some damn fine musical efforts. As far as I'm concerned that era ended after the 'Math/Inc feud fizzled over. Since then we've seen the Dirty South/Kanye jump, the former producing some club-happy tracks which have sparked big mainstream hits, crossing over to pop artists (Stefani, Fergie, Xtina etc) and their damned 'urban' sounds. I'm not saying Eminem isn't contributing to the garbage with his Post-Encore ####, but he definately didnt cause it.

Now, its seems like a lot of rappers are just riding the commercial wave, n bringing out records which sell.

Hip-Hop needs to lift its socks up. I remember reciting tracks word for word, getting pumped about every LP that was being dropped by *insert artist*. Now, you're holding your breathe, waiting for it to flop. Cats saturating the market with 3 LPs and one group every 2 years.
 09-17-2007, 07:28 AMaway - #8
macadon83 

d 
space
$10,709 | 16479403
Still crying?

There is great music still dropping all year. You may not hear it on the radio much, or see the videos, but you can find it if you care to.

No "intelligent" discussions on my watch.
 09-17-2007, 07:39 AMaway - #9
collegeboy58 1 heat pts

d 
space
$9,029 | 15771355
Originally Posted by macadon83
Still crying?

There is great music still dropping all year. You may not hear it on the radio much, or see the videos, but you can find it if you care to.

No "intelligent" discussions on my watch.

If you base the state of hip hop on what you hear on the radio or see on the TV, then you are the problem...
 09-17-2007, 07:44 AMaway - #10
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,149 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ddash
I dont get people on here or in the world with music nowadays.The music has to be at an all time low.Not money wise but as far as putting out a good product,mainly rap music.I see so many dipset fans and downsouth fans and i wonder wtf,they have to be the worst rappers,real talk.They talk about the same things and lyrically just a waste of time.I understand that beats help but cmon.I miss the 90's hiphop and rap.I know people have their own preference buy cmon now.

do people really like dipset...yes
do people really like snap music...yes
do people really believe that wayne or joe buddens is better than jayz or pac...yes
would people rather listen to downsouth music than hiphop...yes
what ever happen to hip hop...its in a transtion right now just like its done before
what ever happen to lyrics...Lupe, Common
plz add ur own input.I want this to be a real discussion.
people like what they like fam...if a dude wants to crank dat soulja boy while ay bay bayin and doin the cupid shuffle on top of the BET building let em...its what THEY want fam
 09-17-2007, 07:45 AMaway - #11
Face3Stacks 

d 
space
$929 | 3992669
.Plus white buy 80% of rap music and concert tickets
where's your source for that statement??

if this is true
why don't black ppl support their culture? why aren' people like Kweli and Pharoah Monche sellin??? I'm white and have both of them. I cop all the #### that flops.Redman,Kieth Murray,Methodman,Planet Asia,Jedi Mind,Obie,Styles P,Joell Ortiz,Common,Nas,Sean Price,Lupe,Fab.

so I'm just wonderin where you got that 80% from. cause all the white ppl I know hate mainstream ####.
now i listen to everything from 50 to Jedi Mind. so I'm guilty of supportin some mainstream rappers but I support 90% underground.
 09-17-2007, 07:46 AMaway - #12
TheChamp86 

d 
space
$842 | 2042092
here we go blaming the white man again.smh
 09-17-2007, 08:04 AMaway - #13
Don Peru 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,630 | 0
Originally Posted by Face3Stacks
where's your source for that statement??

if this is true
why don't black ppl support their culture? why aren' people like Kweli and Pharoah Monche sellin??? I'm white and have both of them. I cop all the #### that flops.Redman,Kieth Murray,Methodman,Planet Asia,Jedi Mind,Obie,Styles P,Joell Ortiz,Common,Nas,Sean Price,Lupe,Fab.

so I'm just wonderin where you got that 80% from. cause all the white ppl I know hate mainstream ####.
now i listen to everything from 50 to Jedi Mind. so I'm guilty of supportin some mainstream rappers but I support 90% underground.

First of all, IDIOT, hip-hop isn't black culture.....Hip-hop is a culture within itself....just because your'e black doesnt mean that Hip-hop is part of your culture.....stop being ignorant....Oprah and Bill Cosby would slap the #### out of you for saying something as shallow as what you just said
 09-17-2007, 08:06 AMaway - #14
LYTE 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$10,548 | POWERFUL
FUCC THE RAP GAME. i havent LISTENED to an entire album since F&L b4 that it prolly was some cormega sh1t, maybe the TESTAMENT.

you know the rap game fucced when a mixtape, Mood Musik 2 was damn near better than most albums.

Last edited by LYTE; 09-17-2007 at 08:11 AM..
 09-17-2007, 08:11 AMaway - #15
TheChamp86 

d 
space
$842 | 2042092
Originally Posted by Don Peru
First of all, IDIOT, hip-hop isn't black culture.....Hip-hop is a culture within itself....just because your'e black doesnt mean that Hip-hop is part of your culture.....stop being ignorant....Oprah and Bill Cosby would slap the #### out of you for saying something as shallow as what you just said
real talk.but lmao @ once someone says something about blacks a respond comes back faster then u can say yuuuo
 09-17-2007, 08:13 AMaway - #16
GOD999 126 heat pts126

d 
space
$21,593 | POWERFUL
Dogg, theres plenty of dope music still being made today, you just have to dig for it.....Raw music dont come to you, you have to come to IT, ya understand?
 09-17-2007, 09:22 AMaway - #17
ddash 1 heat pts

d 
space
$14,224 | POWERFUL
Ive heard that alot times on news in magazines and other programs I was watching where its said that 80% of rap cds and tickets are bought by white people.It makes since because alot of us,just bootleg them.real talk.and yes the game is in bad shape.I would have never thought that there would be some many copycats and lack of originality like there is 2day.
 09-17-2007, 09:53 AMaway - #18
youngbrady 

d 
space
$778 | 3491335
some dipset members are raw. real talk muh####as sleepin on JR. Writer, and he's got lyrics too. but i feel ya, rap is just empty lyrics and snappy beats.
 09-17-2007, 10:00 AMaway - #19
Face3Stacks 

d 
space
$929 | 3992669
Originally Posted by Don Peru
I'm the idiot ?? I clearly said I was white.if i said i was white and I listen to hiphop I'm guessin I know it's nt a black culture :banghead: and when I said it was a black culture i was being sarcastic towards the dude who was blamin it on the white ppl because apparently he thinks they buy 80% of the music..

you got your period huh you delusional scumbag:D

Last edited by Face3Stacks; 09-17-2007 at 10:04 AM..
 09-17-2007, 10:02 AMaway - #20
Face3Stacks 

d 
space
$929 | 3992669
Ive heard that alot times on news in magazines and other programs I was watching where its said that 80% of rap cds and tickets are bought by white people.It makes since because alot of us,just bootleg them.real talk.and yes the game is in bad shape.I would have never thought that there would be some many copycats and lack of originality like there is 2day.
don't believe the media.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Aug 31 - Breaking: Celebrity Nude Leak
77 comments
Whats the worst movie you've ever watched?
87 comments
So, yeah.. a little worried about "The Order: 1886"
53 comments
 Image(s) inside Dj Mustard Says West Coast Hip Hop Was Dead Before He,...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
  11 Year Old Rapper Releases Spaceghostpurrp Diss After...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 104 comments - by hayday12
 Image(s) inside Remember When Wale Was On The Jamie Foxx Show.....
New reply 6 minutes ago - 90 comments - by BasedonMars
 Video inside Aug 30 - Family Verbally And Physically Assaults Son F...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Littlefinger1
 NCAAF Jameis Winston Amazing 28 Yard Td Run. (video)
New reply 8 minutes ago - 61 comments - by FreeBigga
 NBA Breaking News: Houston Rockets Make A Power Move With ...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 73 comments - by Eazy123
  Lil Bibby- Free Crack 2 (out)
New reply 10 minutes ago - 96 comments - by JewsusChrist
 Video inside Iggy Azalea...b*tch Was With Him Shooting In The Gym
New reply 34 minutes ago - 75 comments - by local celebrity

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.