"What's poppin slime? Nothin five"

"What's poppin slime? Nothin five"
 02-25-2011, 09:22 AMaway - #21
regularjoe 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$20,687 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by China Man
Ever since Lil Wayne said this !! everybody on it.

What do "five" mean tho?
In the streets--it sounds like gang lingo.

On the internet--its a bunch of wannabe's mimicking gang lingo.
 02-25-2011, 09:45 AMaway - #22
2TopFlite 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$12,697 | POWERFUL
Lol.... !! a Slime and a 5 Gangbangin dumb as !! and wayne aint no real blood got niccaz around here screaming soo woo like its a fad i be on campus seeing niccas with red bandanas some with blue i be wanting to snatch dat !! off like cut that !! out with this wayne wanna be !!.. no god damn well they aint in no gang mark a$s niccas make me mad bruh..... Wanna be's
YouTube - Wanna B's- Snoop & da Snowman
 02-25-2011, 09:46 AMaway - #23
Chief Dee 5 heat pts

d 
space
$10,025 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Smooth Brother
When somebody says "5," after something, it's usually blood lingo.
The five really stands for L, T, P, F, J. When the Lords and GDz started expanding outside of Chicago, the outter town Crips and Bloods tried to get on the 5 and 6 like us and took Chicago gang style and added it with some LA !!. BPSN took that "5 poppin, 6 droppin" !! outside of the CHI too but it had more to do with the Lords and Kings since they're the ones who expanded the furthest. Bloods from Down South were on the Lords' and Stones' !!s during the 90's and early 2000's. But to be honest, Black P. Stones from Chicago dont care, dont acknowledge, or give no !! about Bloods. Same for Lords.
 02-25-2011, 09:54 AMaway - #24
Chief Dee 5 heat pts

d 
space
$10,025 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by agony8
74 >>>
"74" is some GD !!. Since when did Boston have 74's?
 02-25-2011, 09:57 AMaway - #25
Crookz 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$10,325 | POWERFUL
!! a gang
 02-25-2011, 10:00 AMonline - #26
Agentzer0oo0 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$43,398 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DoctorJ
No dis..., but neither do the actual 'real' gang-members either. While I was in college I did a 16-page dissertation on 'The American Gang Culture', and among other topics, I interviewed 4 higher-ranking members of each gang, had pictures of actual tattoos & hand-signs, and the whole 9. And 'both' Blood & Crip higher-ups especially, explained how all of the expansion to the southeast & northeast are from people not even affliated with the gang (nor the understanding behind it) and therefore at least in their eyes, aren't official members. They also praise their historic peace treaty ALOT (like 6-7 times in every conversation)...and how they are angered by the "new age" fake members in places like New Orleans, Miami, Connecticutt, & New York who don't fully the clauses of the treaty; and make up their own slangs and hand-signs. I'm personally not saying Wayne is fake...but when ACTUAL higher-up historical members say they never 'personally' expanded to New Orleans, never OK'd it, and that they don't recognize them as real Blood...it makes you think. Plus the way it's promoted in our pop culture, it's like an awesome club...not secretative like it used to be. Pretty interesting stuff.
You still got that college paper or it was a long time ago, cuz i would like to read it. Seems interesting & i just like reading lol.
 02-25-2011, 10:01 AMaway - #27
coolbeans 65 heat pts65

d 
space
$11,185 | POWERFUL
how u gonna say "ever since Wayne said" niccas been saying that since Vado came out
 02-25-2011, 10:06 AMaway - #28
Fresh Whyte|B 618 heat pts618

d 
space
$37,675 | POWERFUL
:dead; @ niccas Mixing Chicago and LA Lingo....Fake a$s Bangers,

Stomp A Blood Yellin 5 and Dropkick A Crip Screaming 6....That !! Don't Fly.
 02-25-2011, 12:02 PMaway - #29
Grind Hard 1 heat pts

d 
space
$906 | 2410907
AVLN
 02-25-2011, 12:04 PMaway - #30
notic99 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$7,580 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by EscoNore
No disrespect, but just cause u a regular white nicca from the burbs don't mean everyone else is too. Pretty much everyone uses the internet now.
98% of boxden is white we est@blished this already in the streetz
 02-25-2011, 12:28 PMaway - #31
DoctorJ|m 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$4,871 | POWERFUL
@Chino

...thats all good n all but some are really put on n u know there aint no laws to starting a gang...who did the og crips n bloods go to...who did the jacobins or italian mafia or russian mob go to...so !! them !!ass whiny [!]s...
You're right that there's definitely no law or street law about this...BUT at least they were innovative, calling their own !! what it was, and literally made their own documented rules/ideals/etc - and they definitely looked to DIFFER from the early 1900's mafias/orgs. Likewise, all 7 of the major 'american core gangs' ALL started in prison as protection groups and grew from that. What these 'wanna-be' gangs from NY, NO, Jersey, Mia, etc did was literally steal the name for street cred, and didn't "create" anything. What pisses off the older 'gang' generation too is that they actually had a meaning/ideals back then that they were trying to do - and have forged alliances/treaties with each other. These new gangs are just made to add to your rep, and talk ish - nothing more than that.

And @Jbreeze...
YES, I actually DO still have a draft of the college dissertation paper, with pics and all that at home (the professor has/kept the original final longer version). I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll look for it for you.
 02-25-2011, 12:38 PMaway - #32
ChiCity Fingaz 109 heat pts109

d 
space
$42,251 | POWERFUL
Gangbanging is retarded.

Noreaga started the slime !!. Vado revived it. Vado said in an interview that slime is the same thing as saying nicca, homie, dog, but most people think it's strictly blood lingo. 5 means blood. Wayne started none of this.
 02-25-2011, 12:46 PMaway - #33
aka ReeSe 3 heat pts

d 
space
$11,837 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by EscoNore
No disrespect, but just cause u a regular white nicca from the burbs don't mean everyone else is too. Pretty much everyone uses the internet now.
 02-25-2011, 12:55 PMaway - #34
aka ReeSe 3 heat pts

d 
space
$11,837 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Chief Dee
5 poppin 6 droppin dont come from no lame a$s Bloods and Crips, 5 poppin 6 droppin is a phrase that started in Chicago. Stupid out of town Bloods mixed up LA and Chicago gangbanging and stole that !!. New York is famous for jacking gang lingo. The 5 poppin is when Lords, Kings, Moes etc drop a GD, BD or any other Folks mob. That stupid Blood !! aint poppin no 5 but some fake !! they made up. On top of that, 5 poppin 6 droppin is older Chicago lingo that I was saying as a teenager.

Most nyggas in the CHI nolonger even say this. So New York is years behind in gang lingo just like their year's behind in every single gang trend. 5 alive, 6 must die is the newer version said in Chicago, but no doubt it'd be jacked by the Bloods eventually. "Blessed in", "violated", and "lit" is other words those corny NY Bloods stole from us.
Glad someone caught that.
 02-25-2011, 12:56 PMonline - #35
RAZAH CUTS 1520 heat pts1520

d 
space
$36,751 | POWERFUL
he's frontin on being a blood real bad....

where I'm from (out west) that's the typa !! that can get a silly mutha!!a k!lled...
 02-25-2011, 01:09 PMonline - #36
JimDinO77 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,179 | POWERFUL
either way...9/10 of niccas now-a-days are "gangsta" by choice not circumstance, so all of them are wonnabees, regardless if they really do !! or not, cuz they only intend to do gangsta !! for sake of being acknowledged as one
 02-25-2011, 01:14 PMaway - #37
Cheeze 453 heat pts453

d 
space
$28,753 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheDirector217
Yeah, mayne. Blood !!. 5 poppin, 6 droppin', etc.

But that lingo ain't for none of us regardless. 99.8% of these cats on BX are regular/suburban niccas anyway (myself included).
Originally Posted by TheDirector217
No disrespect but I'm FAR from white. And I ain't from the 'burbs, fam.
 02-25-2011, 01:21 PMaway - #38
Blah 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$18,289 | POWERFUL
Nore started the Slime thing
and Five is been Blood slang for years
 02-25-2011, 01:28 PMaway - #39
GoldynChyld421 

d 
space
$7,363 | POWERFUL
Dumb niccas following dumb niccas... The role models of today's generation are the most unproductive ignorant niccas of all time...

Let's lead our fans down the path of ignorance why don't we... Get little kids who know nothing of gangbanging interested in the life, just as it had started dying down... That's why labels hire and promote these clowns...

Wayne my nicca though, he can rap :)
 02-25-2011, 01:30 PMaway - #40
youngfreshgc 

d 
space
$641 | 2224267
Originally Posted by ..AMARU..
what does slime mean??
street life intelligence where money is everything if im not mistaken

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Apr 22 - Christie vows not to legalize pot: New Jersey..
66 comments
Image inside  New Call of Duty info
50 comments
BOX Stephen A.: "Floyd Mayweather Will Destroy Pacquiao" ..
88 comments
 Image(s) inside The Real Nike Re Stock In The Next 10 Days
New reply 2 minutes ago - 93 comments - by donmagic901
 NBA Laker Fans Take Pictures With Lakers Cheerleaders (pics)
New reply 12 minutes ago - 177 comments - by Chrisdunk
  Rappers That Never Took Off.
New reply 2 minutes ago - 197 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Video inside Big Sean Makes History Doing Something Jay, Ye, Wayne ...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 71 comments - by PrimeLamboJr.
  Young Roddy X 'route The Ruler' Mixtape Discussion
New reply 4 minutes ago - 53 comments - by PvrpIITrill HTX
 Image(s) inside Just Blaze React's To Jay-z Alleged Extortion Plot
New reply 17 minutes ago - 92 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside Eatab0otygang?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 60 comments - by VSVP
 NFL Raiders Trade Terrelle Pryor To Seahawks
New reply 35 minutes ago - 65 comments - by presto

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,650 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.