This is BX @ Boxden.com

Teyana Taylor Wants Her Credit For Bringing Back The Tomboy Look

Teyana Taylor Wants Her Credit For Bringing Back The Tomboy Look
topic by Steve - 08-23-2012, 12:11 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

Snap-backs, baggy pants and Jordans are very in-style on women these days, even for the girliest of girls. Singer Teyana Taylor came on the scene back in 2006 rocking that tomboy look (reminiscent of 90′s stars like Aaliyah and TLC) and years later, celebs like Rihanna and Rita Ora would eventually adopt that same style. The G.O.O.D. Music artist wants her due credit, and after receiving some backlash from a recent Complex interview when she said she helped bring this trend back, she’s clarifying her statements, since some thought she meant she invented it all together. According to Necole ####ie, she actually got into a sub war with Rihanna on Twitter a couple weeks back, so it’s likely what she’s REALLY saying with all of this is “Rihanna didn’t start this ####”. LOL. In my opinion, I totally agree with her. NO one was rocking that look when she brought it out in 2006. I actually thought she was into women (seriously, not trying to be funny), because no girls dressed like that! I’m witcha, Tey Tey! Check out her statement below.

Yes, I know about the late Aaliyah, TLC, Missy Elliot, Queen Latifah, Lady Of Rage, SWV, and X-Scape. Yes, they are women who dressed like tomboys who were in this game long before me I salute and look up to them. When I stated that I started this tomboy wave, I meant it in terms of my era on & bringing it back. When I hit the scene back in 2005′/2006′ it was I, and only I, dressing in that style when it came to FEMALE ARTISTS in this game and that’s a fact.

CLEARLY NO DEBATING. I was doing the BBC cargo’s with the dunks, big hair under that 59/50 new era fitted. Rocking Jordans all crazy, I made that #### cool again. No female in this game was going near it unless it was them being styled at a photo shoot, or a treatment in their video. Between my time and now, when you seen a young girl with that “s3xy Boyish” look she wasn’t thinking too much about the ladies before me, she was channeling the kid. Not to sound c#cky, but like come on, let’s keep it a buck out here.

People were calling me a dike because of this tomboy ####. These other girls you see ain’t have to go through that, the REAL tomboys were being called d-kes. Just look at some of these people before they got signed, look at them in their high school days. Look at pictures of them when they first got signed, then do the same thing with me. The proof is in the pudding, and that pudding tasting real good right now. I’m not mad that people use an idea because I too may use an idea. I just do things in my own way, and I also do original things.

Just don’t give credit to that person for starting a trend because they’re more famous, or have more records out. Those are the people who take from the people who haven’t yet reached their level of success and we all know that its been going on before I was thought of. I love my style, I love to dress, its fun to me and I just wanna be respected like any other person who started something or brought something back to life when people were too iffy to do it.
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2012/08...e-tomboy-look/

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

14 comments for "Teyana Taylor Wants Her Credit For Bringing Back The Tomboy Look"

08-23-2012, 12:31 PMaway - #2
Arson 82 heat pts82

d 
space
$28,221 | POWERFUL
props for dressing like a dyke
 08-23-2012, 12:35 PMaway - #3
hood135 2 heat pts

d 
space
$8,607 | POWERFUL
Thanks but no thanks. Now bring this look back...

08-23-2012, 12:39 PMaway - #4
SmoothTay 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$16,598 | POWERFUL
This #### think ni##as like that ####
 08-23-2012, 12:42 PMonline - #5
CM Punk 90 heat pts90

d 
space
$5,166 | POWERFUL
$he can suck my di#k then i'll give her credit.
 08-23-2012, 12:55 PMaway - #6
ZlatanDrogba 

d 
space
$1,366 | 4056892
What credit? This girl is a perfect example of waste of life, people getting famous for doing nothing
 08-23-2012, 12:59 PMaway - #7
MemphBleek05 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$6,882 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ZlatanDrogba
What credit? This girl is a perfect example of waste of life, people getting famous for doing nothing
I swear, I have no clue what this chick actually does.....
 08-23-2012, 01:01 PMaway - #8
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$16,143 | POWERFUL
:datface:
 08-23-2012, 01:15 PMaway - #9
BaconGod 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,194 | 8281234
What does she do?
 08-23-2012, 01:28 PMonline - #10
MarcusF87 

d 
space
$3,596 | 4973470
Originally Posted by hood135
Thanks but no thanks. Now bring this look back...

that body thou

but that face
 08-23-2012, 01:34 PMaway - #11
TeddiGramz 1 heat pts

d 
space
$7,430 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BaconGod
What does she do?
Didn't she have a song out a few years ago?

You know that is a good question..

What the #### has she been doing since then?
 08-23-2012, 01:47 PMaway - #12
BaconGod 4 heat pts

d 
space
$2,194 | 8281234
Originally Posted by TeddiGramz
Didn't she have a song out a few years ago?

You know that is a good question..

What the #### has she been doing since then?
damn she's a rapper I don't even wanna look into her music something tells me she's a worthless individual just by seeing her pit bull looking face
 08-23-2012, 01:49 PMonline - #13
Root Of Evil 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$11,300 | POWERFUL
she been a problem

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Brandon Marshall calmly Ethers ESPN
56 comments
BOX Floyd mayweather making major changes to his team
67 comments
NBA D wade the years you might have missed
60 comments
  Name A Comic Book Character You'd Wanna See A Movie Ma...
New reply 34 seconds ago - 70 comments - by DominationCM
 Image(s) inside :kanyewhatisthis: ???
New reply 3 minutes ago - 62 comments - by Solitary Genius
 Image(s) inside Sep 17 - White Guy Taunts Immigrant Family By Plasteri...
New reply 1 minute ago - 73 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Video inside Jennifer Lopez Booty(remix) Ft. Iggy Azalea
New reply 7 minutes ago - 58 comments - by TheBoss2012
 NFL Who Is The Most Overrated Quarterback In The Nfl?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 131 comments - by prettyklever
 NFL Goodell News Conference 3 Et
New reply 11 minutes ago - 165 comments - by King MT
  Rappers That You Used To Bump Heavy But Then Completel...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 109 comments - by Slickems
 Video inside Young Thug Still Plans To Carry On "tha Carter&qu...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Danny M

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.