This is BX @ Boxden.com

Teddy Riley & Chauncey Black File Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Against Blackstreet Ent, Inc.,...

Teddy Riley & Chauncey Black File Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Against Blackstreet Ent, Inc.,...
Post topic by Avon_Barksdale - 12-27-2011, 12:32 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

Blackstreet Entertainment, Inc., Files Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Against Two Former Work for Hire Singers with the Grammy Award Winning Group Blackstreet

December 5th, 2011 Hollywood, CA – There is nothing more valuable to any world renowned recording artist than legally protecting rights to their brand. “My clients icons Teddy Riley and Chauncey Black d/b/a Blackstreet Entertainment Inc., have retained attorney Duncan G. Byers of the Byers Law Group in Norfolk, Virginia to file a Trademark and Copyright Infringement Lawsuit. The “Blackstreet” brand must be protected from misuse by two former work for hire artists,” says Monica Anders PR/Media Strategist. A lawsuit was filed on December 1st, 2011 in the United States District Court in the State of Virginia.

Throughout the UK, Europe and among other noted places, the former two work for hire singers Mark Middleton & Eric Williams booked and performed an amateur style karaoke track concert under the famed Billboard chart topping group name of “Blackstreet” at various venues using the trademark brand and past group photos to encourage ticket sales. Fans across the globe have been deceived into believing that they were buying tickets for Blackstreet by unauthorized photo promotion hype from two past work for hire singers.

“Make no mistake. The brand “Blackstreet” has been intact for over a decade with a flawless reputation of providing quality music excellence, only state of the art live band performances, sellout concerts and a memorable stage presence that has been created by the founders of the group, Teddy Riley and Chauncey Black, not hopeful stand ins” says PR/Media Strategist Monica Anders. “Furthermore, there has been unreliable and disparaging information printed by various social sites and media sources which have no merit to this particular situation about my clients. It is apparent that massive media distortion for the sake of making headlines weighs in verses mirroring facts to create a story board with the truth.”

Universally promoters must be far more investigative, cautious and proactive in securing the real deal and careful not to cut corners for the sake of making a few dollars more. It should be suspect when founding members Chauncey Black and Teddy Riley are not on tour with their group. With numerous high profile social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook and the like, it is not that hard in today’s music industry to reach directly for the stars.

Source:
Teddy Riley & Chauncey Black Lawsuit News - Hip Hop Press

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

10 comments for "Teddy Riley & Chauncey Black File Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Against Blackstreet Ent, Inc.,..."

12-27-2011, 01:34 AMaway - #2
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,241 | 10086807
So two guys that subbed into the group in place of Dave Hollister and another guy for the "Another Level" album are going around doing bootleg a$s karaoke shows calling themselves "Blackstreet".

I can see why Riley and Black wanna sue to stop that ####.
 12-27-2011, 02:37 AMonline - #3
Avon_Barksdale 1456 heat pts1456

d 
space
$14,982 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by omglolwtfbbq
So two guys that subbed into the group in place of Dave Hollister and another guy for the "Another Level" album are going around doing bootleg a$s karaoke shows calling themselves "Blackstreet".

12-27-2011, 02:42 AMaway - #4
marcusaka50 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$20,419 | POWERFUL

yea it makes sense to do this its only right but them other ni##az gotta eat too #### it.
 12-27-2011, 02:48 AMaway - #5
Dangerously 203 heat pts203

d 
space
$43,990 | POWERFUL
My Mom used to love that ni##a Chauncey. Still does.
 12-27-2011, 02:55 AMaway - #6
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,241 | 10086807
Originally Posted by marcusaka50
yea it makes sense to do this its only right but them other ni##az gotta eat too #### it.
They shouldve been using "person and person from Blackstreet" or something on their promos, I guess. Technically they were group members for a short while, and the album they were on did go multi platinum and have their best-known hits with No Diggity and with Don't Leave

But imagine buying tix to see "Blackstreet" and it's these two guys singing to a Blackstreet CD playing in the background.
 12-27-2011, 03:00 AMaway - #7
marcusaka50 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$20,419 | POWERFUL
They shouldve been using "person and person from Blackstreet" or something on their promos, I guess. Technically they were group members for a short while, and the album they were on did go multi platinum and have their best-known hits with No Diggity and with Don't Leave

But imagine buying tix to see "Blackstreet" and it's these two guys singing to a Blackstreet CD playing in the background.
i never said it was right they wrong as hell but im just saying if the shoe was on the other foot i could see them saying #### it because they probably need the money.
 12-27-2011, 03:07 AMaway - #8
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,241 | 10086807
Originally Posted by marcusaka50
i never said it was right they wrong as hell but im just saying if the shoe was on the other foot i could see them saying #### it because they probably need the money.
Yea, was kinda saying the same thing. that they were in the group on an album that sold millions, felt they deserved to earn off the name, they just weren't smart about it. Now the only ones getting paid are the lawyers
 12-27-2011, 05:43 AMaway - #9
majormedicalboI 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,374 | 9730922
Originally Posted by Dangerously
chauncey smashed ur moms brah. he might b ur pops
 12-27-2011, 07:19 AMonline - #10
Avon_Barksdale 1456 heat pts1456

d 
space
$14,982 | POWERFUL

Originally Posted by Dangerously
 12-27-2011, 12:37 PMaway - #11
kevante 3 heat pts

d 
space
$4,247 | 13611585
Originally Posted by majormedicalboI
chauncey smashed ur moms brah. he might b ur pops

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Xbox One Games Store New Releases 9/02/14
64 comments
NFL JJ Watt earns a 6 year-$100 Million Dollar extension wit..
51 comments
NBA Remember back when Boston was projected to beat Miami in..
66 comments
 Video inside Kevin Gates Real Talk On The Breakfast Club: Prison Li...
New reply 1 minute ago - 97 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Video inside This Just In: Hitman Holla Was In A Bad Car Accident
New reply 4 minutes ago - 108 comments - by Guvnor
 Image(s) inside The Real 50 Cent Junior Celebrates His 2nd Birthday
New reply 2 minutes ago - 71 comments - by Mutant Boy
 Video inside Snoop Dogg Responds To Star (shots Fired)
New reply 7 minutes ago - 130 comments - by bkid
  Pc: Star Citizen Arena Commander Demo (free Download 1...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 63 comments - by mainevent4u88
  Sep 1 - Exclusive: Man Who Leaked All Jennifer Lawren...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 60 comments - by messy marv stan
 NBA Kobe Bryant The Greatest Offensive Player Ever?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 102 comments - by TheeMrMarvel
 Image(s) inside Apparently Dude "tried" To Snatch Quavo (mig...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 222 comments - by Just Jimmy

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.