Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Teddy Riley & Chauncey Black File Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Against Blackstreet Ent, Inc.,...

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
155 viewing
 Sep 2 - 10 Worst Places To Live In America
45 comments
@news
most viewed right now
106 viewing
 Video inside UFO Miami Airport Florida September 01, 2015
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
92 viewing
 Video inside People Loving The New Drug Flakka
67 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
87 viewing
 Video inside Damon Dash: Jay Z Was Known As The Ghost Writer
27 comments
@hiphop
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Teddy Riley & Chauncey Black File Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Against Blackstreet Ent, Inc.,...
Unread 4 years agoclass of '07 - away - #1
1630 pageviews
10 comments

Avon_Barksdale 2723 heat pts2723 space
"Omar's Coming Yo!"
space
$23,623 | POWERFUL

Blackstreet Entertainment, Inc., Files Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Against Two Former Work for Hire Singers with the Grammy Award Winning Group Blackstreet

December 5th, 2011 Hollywood, CA – There is nothing more valuable to any world renowned recording artist than legally protecting rights to their brand. “My clients icons Teddy Riley and Chauncey Black d/b/a Blackstreet Entertainment Inc., have retained attorney Duncan G. Byers of the Byers Law Group in Norfolk, Virginia to file a Trademark and Copyright Infringement Lawsuit. The “Blackstreet” brand must be protected from misuse by two former work for hire artists,” says Monica Anders PR/Media Strategist. A lawsuit was filed on December 1st, 2011 in the United States District Court in the State of Virginia.

Throughout the UK, Europe and among other noted places, the former two work for hire singers Mark Middleton & Eric Williams booked and performed an amateur style karaoke track concert under the famed Billboard chart topping group name of “Blackstreet” at various venues using the trademark brand and past group photos to encourage ticket sales. Fans across the globe have been deceived into believing that they were buying tickets for Blackstreet by unauthorized photo promotion hype from two past work for hire singers.

“Make no mistake. The brand “Blackstreet” has been intact for over a decade with a flawless reputation of providing quality music excellence, only state of the art live band performances, sellout concerts and a memorable stage presence that has been created by the founders of the group, Teddy Riley and Chauncey Black, not hopeful stand ins” says PR/Media Strategist Monica Anders. “Furthermore, there has been unreliable and disparaging information printed by various social sites and media sources which have no merit to this particular situation about my clients. It is apparent that massive media distortion for the sake of making headlines weighs in verses mirroring facts to create a story board with the truth.”

Universally promoters must be far more investigative, cautious and proactive in securing the real deal and careful not to cut corners for the sake of making a few dollars more. It should be suspect when founding members Chauncey Black and Teddy Riley are not on tour with their group. With numerous high profile social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook and the like, it is not that hard in today’s music industry to reach directly for the stars.

Source:
Teddy Riley & Chauncey Black Lawsuit News - Hip Hop Press
Props given to Avon_Barksdale hot topic  (12-27-2011)

top in section
64 viewing
 Image inside Suge would have never allowed this, look at ya boy Tyga!
8 comments
top in hiphop/24hrs
top in section
29 viewing
 Video inside NBA 2K16 Gameplay Improvements Video
72 comments
top in games/24hrs

Unread 4 years agoclass of '07 - away - #2
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts space
Spoiler Alert
space
$2,241 | 10086807
So two guys that subbed into the group in place of Dave Hollister and another guy for the "Another Level" album are going around doing bootleg a.ss karaoke shows calling themselves "Blackstreet".

I can see why Riley and Black wanna sue to stop that sh*t.
Unread 4 years agoclass of '07 - away - #3
"Omar's Coming Yo!"
space
$23,623 | POWERFUL
omglolwtfbbq said:
So two guys that subbed into the group in place of Dave Hollister and another guy for the "Another Level" album are going around doing bootleg a.ss karaoke shows calling themselves "Blackstreet".

Unread 4 years agoclass of '06 - away - #4
marcusaka50 33 heat pts33 space
110% D$$P NI$$A
space
$22,984 | POWERFUL
omglolwtfbbq said:

yea it makes sense to do this its only right but them other n*ggaz gotta eat too fu*k it.
Unread 4 years agoclass of '08 - away - #5
Dangerously 215 heat pts215 space
Nets Up, Knicks Lost.
space
$50,094 | POWERFUL
My Mom used to love that n*gga Chauncey. Still does.
Unread 4 years agoclass of '07 - away - #6
Spoiler Alert
space
$2,241 | 10086807
marcusaka50 said:
yea it makes sense to do this its only right but them other n*ggaz gotta eat too fu*k it.
They shouldve been using "person and person from Blackstreet" or something on their promos, I guess. Technically they were group members for a short while, and the album they were on did go multi platinum and have their best-known hits with No Diggity and with Don't Leave

But imagine buying tix to see "Blackstreet" and it's these two guys singing to a Blackstreet CD playing in the background.
Unread 4 years agoclass of '06 - away - #7
marcusaka50 33 heat pts33 space
110% D$$P NI$$A
space
$22,984 | POWERFUL
omglolwtfbbq said:
They shouldve been using "person and person from Blackstreet" or something on their promos, I guess. Technically they were group members for a short while, and the album they were on did go multi platinum and have their best-known hits with No Diggity and with Don't Leave

But imagine buying tix to see "Blackstreet" and it's these two guys singing to a Blackstreet CD playing in the background.
i never said it was right they wrong as hell but im just saying if the shoe was on the other foot i could see them saying fu*k it because they probably need the money.
Unread 4 years agoclass of '07 - away - #8
Spoiler Alert
space
$2,241 | 10086807
marcusaka50 said:
i never said it was right they wrong as hell but im just saying if the shoe was on the other foot i could see them saying fu*k it because they probably need the money.
Yea, was kinda saying the same thing. that they were in the group on an album that sold millions, felt they deserved to earn off the name, they just weren't smart about it. Now the only ones getting paid are the lawyers
Unread 4 years agoclass of '11 - away - #9
majormedicalboI 2 heat pts space
space
$2,374 | 9730922
Dangerously said:
chauncey smashed ur moms brah. he might b ur pops
Unread 4 years agoclass of '07 - away - #10
"Omar's Coming Yo!"
space
$23,623 | POWERFUL

Dangerously said:
Unread 4 years agoclass of '10 - away - #11
kevante 3 heat pts space
Critical Thinker
space
$4,247 | 13611585
majormedicalboI said:
chauncey smashed ur moms brah. he might b ur pops

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
45 viewing
Image inside HBCU Confessions Twitter Page :DeadThots:
159 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
29 viewing
Video inside Ex-Couple sit down for an honest face-to-face talk 2 years after their ..
87 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Video inside 18-Year-Old Victim Kicked By Rapper Kevin Gates Shares Frightening Orde..
224 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Image inside Returning In 2016
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
16 viewing
NBA SI.com's Top 100 NBA Players of 2016
115 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Aug 31 - Rise of the bizarre 'cannabis vomiting syndrome
77 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Article inside Oscar Isaac Says Portraying X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Villain Is "Basically P..
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside 30 Most Anticipated Films of the 2015-2016 Oscar Season, Is It Finally..
39 comments
2 days ago
@movies
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time