This is BX @ Boxden.com

Soundclick Producers Are Ruinin' The Game

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Soundclick Producers Are Ruinin' The Game
 01-27-2013, 02:51 PMaway - #41
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$8,385 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Gouki
That problem will never go away. TOo many wack a$s ni##as got access to Fruity Loops demo wit that Lex Luger kit. That will never go away. ni##as out here copying what they hear on the radio and ####, and then turn around and sell their #### for $5 lease. WTF. They messin the game up and it will never be changed. I aint gon lie, i send beats to BIG NAME ni##as, only the ones i like. But most of the time im sellin these ####s.

I got alot of lease and plenty of exclusive sales. Some producers are scared to sell them for more than $20 out of fear of no one buying them. I value my beats by how much i like them and how much work i put into it, also taking into face how much publicity you will be getting off of them, so naw i aint sellin my #### for no $10.

But its too late now, rappers got the advantage in this ####, cuz if he wants yo beat, but dont like the price, he'll go find something else for less or free.
See as a dj i had to do that... Thats how i got a following, got a buzz cause in college no one is trying to pay 100 dollars for a dj... (im not no laptop dj, i got turntables and pa system)
So what i did, i had my ni##az who threw parties, used his crib as the venue and wired his crib and we threw parties every friday and saturday night... Females free, ni##as 2 for 5 and it rised through the night. So i got payed for djing and my ni##az got paid for the increase in the light bill. After these people saw how i was as a dj, and throwing free parties for a few people, i got my name out there and people was willing to pay for my services cause they knew what they was getting... If you product is good, its going to sell they self

As a producer:

Even when i was a producer i started off with bootleg fruity loops, but i used it as a learning tool. I got what i could get and get the most out of it and moved to the next. I learn how to organize beats by playing my keyboard and then clicking in the beats after i get the melody. i would drum the beat on my keyboard (piano keyboard not type keyboard) and then click it in and use velocity change for accents... I learn how to eq, automation, compression, delay, filtering, time stretch, time delay, sampling, and countless, priceless knowledge that i still use tell today... Actually thats when i believe i was the most hungriest because ill go pass all these hurdles to make something crazy. Then after i got my midi controller and actually started recording and using quantintize... it was over... Then i started using vsts and vstxs instead of just sampling and using one sound and changing the pitch to get different notes, i had actual sound for every actual note... after i mastered the FL, i moved to reasons...

As a DJ:
Started on bootleg virtual dj and use to match songs together by using automix and saw that the songs with the closes bpms mixed better... I learn the fundamental theory of djing, beat matching. Then i started seeing some songs bpms were off so i had to edit it by listening to it and doing the bpm's manually learning the basic theory of all music, beat, the tempo, timing. Then i started mixing songs together ect and playing with it, learn how to chop and screw on virtual dj (the real chop and not the double take push a button thing) and started doing small parties... Doing the small parties i learn the taste in music, what to play and when to play it and learn how to feel the crowd... after learning different theories by going a way most people shun, i put what i knew to actual hardware and bought turntables and learn how to scratch ol records... learn how to beat match by ear and then i got serato and put 2 and 2 together and it was history...

If soundclick wasnt here, hip hop would be dead

Last edited by datVAkid; 01-27-2013 at 05:28 PM..
 01-27-2013, 03:06 PMaway - #42
Gouki 8 heat pts

d 
space
$3,764 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by datVAkid
See as a dj i had to do that... Thats how i got a following, got a buzz cause in college no one is trying to pay 100 dollars for a dj... (im not no laptop dj, i got turntables and pa system)
So what i did, i had my ni##az who threw parties, used his crib as the venue and wired his crib and we threw parties every friday and saturday night... Females free, ni##as 2 for 5 and it rised through the night. So i got payed for djing and my ni##az got paid for the increase in the light bill. After these people saw how i was as a dj, and throwing free parties for a few people, i got my name out there and people was willing to pay for my services cause they knew what they was getting... If you product is good, its going to sell they self

As a producer:

Even when i was a producer i started off with bootleg fruity loops, but i used it as a learning tool. I got what i could get and get the most out of it and moved to the next. I learn how to organize beats by playing my keyboard and then clicking in the beats after i get the melody. i would drum the beat on my keyboard (piano keyboard not type keyboard) and then click it in and use velocity change for accents... I learn how to eq, automation, compression, delay, filtering, time stretch, time delay, sampling, and countless, priceless knowledge that i still use tell today... Actually thats when i believe i was the most hungriest because ill go pass all these hurdles to make something crazy. Then after i got my midi controller and actually started recording and using quantintize... it was over... Then i started using vsts and vstxs instead of just sampling and using one sound and changing the pitch to get different notes, i had actual sound for every actual note... after i mastered the FL, i moved to reasons...

As a DJ:
Started on bootleg virtual dj and use to match songs together by using automix and saw that the songs with the closes bpms mixed better... I learn the fundamental theory of djing, beat matching. Then i started seeing some songs bpms were off so i had to edit it by listening to it and doing the bpm's manually learning the basic theory of all music, beat, the tempo, timing. Then i started mixing songs together ect and playing with it, learn how to chop and screw on virtual dj (the real chop and the double take push a button thing) and started doing small parties... Doing the small parties i learn the taste in music, what to play and when to play it and learn how to feel the crowd... after learning different theories by going a way most people shun, i put what i knew to actual hardware and bought turntables and learn how to scratch ol records... learn how to beat match by ear and then i got serato and put 2 and 2 together and it was history...

If soundclick wasnt here, hip hop would be dead
Thats talent and dedication right there bro, salute.
 01-27-2013, 03:17 PMaway - #43
pa_general 82 heat pts82

d 
space
$6,206 | POWERFUL
Soundclick is a gift AND a curse...

There are some producers making crazy money from it i.e. Vybe, Superstar O & Johnny...and they probably make just as much if not more money than the hottest "urban" producers out right now.

It depends on you as a person...Soundclick will bring you consistent money year after year and you won't have to worry about a dip in your earnings if you don't get placements...

but you sacrifice notoriety and MAJOR industry connects which can be CRUCIAL to possibly making "MILLIONS" as opposed to "THOUSANDS" via soundclick...

the game is changing...the days of the "Timbalands" & "Neptunes" in the urban music game are on their de@th bed due to the easy accessibility of quality beats online...

So if you ARE a Young Chop or Lex Luger...your span as the "IT" producer is very brief...

The internet has made it easy to copy anyone so that's ####ed up the game too.

lol it's a BAD time for urban music producers...

now those Pop mutha####az and Urban producers who have crossed over...

Stargate
Timbaland
Dr. Luke
DJ Frank-E
Polow Da Don
Darkchild
Pharrell
JR Rotem

are making CRAAAAZZZZYYYY money...because labels are WILLING to pay for their beats due to the damn near guarantee'd "HIT FACTOR"...

plus POP & MAJOR URBAN artist have the budgets to pay for such production...

THIS is what Soundclick Producers miss out on...that exclusivity factor.

So what is it?...make thousands of dollars of consistent money on line and live a comfortable life style?

or start out as URBAN...then cross over (if a versatile producer) to MILLIONS of possible dollars with Pop Music?

That decision lies with the producer.
 01-27-2013, 05:13 PMaway - #44
Menelek 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,853 | 10249233
First all let me state I am not a whack rapper. But Ill be damned if I buy every beat I rap on from soundclick Just so a ni##a can dl that #### free. #### out of here.

And if these rappers are so whack why do u even care its not like your gonna listen to them or dl their music right?

I hate when ppl over Generalize ####.
 01-27-2013, 05:22 PMonline - #45
Trilluminati GA 338 heat pts338

d 
space
$29,423 | POWERFUL
"do it all for the love never always for the cheese"

Dungeon Family - Even In Darkness - 08 - 6 Minutes - YouTube
 01-27-2013, 05:22 PMaway - #46
Gouki 8 heat pts

d 
space
$3,764 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Menelek
First all let me state I am not a whack rapper. But Ill be damned if I buy every beat I rap on from soundclick Just so a ni##a can dl that #### free. #### out of here.

And if these rappers are so whack why do u even care its not like your gonna listen to them or dl their music right?

I hate when ppl over Generalize ####.
$20 to lease a beat? Thats too much for you, fam?

Is rapping just your hobby, if so, i understand.
 01-27-2013, 05:29 PMaway - #47
Menelek 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,853 | 10249233
I mean if it's an artist you wanna work with by all means. I just don't understand why you'd let ANYBODY download it and rock to it though.

These ni##as are eating. I dont understand your post. You feel the SC producers are short changing themselves?

1. Alot of these ni##as have gotten placements from people in the game.
2. Their Exclusives go for a like 1,000 a pop.
3. They make a k!lling leasing the same beat multiple times for around 20-30 a pop for a standard lease which is a wav file or mp3. 60 -75 per tracked out Lease.

These ni##as are eating.
4. I think it would be cool to work with artist I give you that.
But You make it seem like every ni##a who takes their beat from the net is a ####ty rapper.
 01-27-2013, 05:35 PMaway - #48
Menelek 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,853 | 10249233
$20 to lease a beat? Thats too much for you, fam?

Is rapping just your hobby, if so, i understand.

ni##a I made over a 100 Songs last year Im suppose to spend 2,000
To release free music?

The only time I lease a beat is when I put out an album for sale which Ive done before

Think about artist in the game when they put out them mixtapes and free songs are they paying for the beat.

Nah, Most of them get it for free.

Im sorry call me what u want but I dont have the budget to buy every beat I rap on.
I make too many songs.

I have leased like 50 beats tho but I have released way more songs than that.

Last edited by Menelek; 01-27-2013 at 05:41 PM..
 01-27-2013, 06:25 PMaway - #49
Gouki 8 heat pts

d 
space
$3,764 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Menelek
ni##a I made over a 100 Songs last year Im suppose to spend 2,000
To release free music?

The only time I lease a beat is when I put out an album for sale which Ive done before

Think about artist in the game when they put out them mixtapes and free songs are they paying for the beat.

Nah, Most of them get it for free.

Im sorry call me what u want but I dont have the budget to buy every beat I rap on.
I make too many songs.

I have leased like 50 beats tho but I have released way more songs than that.
I feel you, rapping is ya hobby, I understand. No hate.
 04-13-2013, 09:16 AMaway - #50
wmsproductions 4 heat pts

d 
space
$531 | 3020454
Interesting read
 04-13-2013, 10:00 AMonline - #51
SOD RG 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$7,142 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Martel
and what's even worse are these same wack rappers runnin around here performing with "Johnny Juliano DOT COM!" goin all the way through the beat
People do the same #### here, it's sickening to me when I hear a dude who really takes himself serious as a rapper and then plays me one of his songs and he has tags running all the way thru his ####, like "Johnny Juliano" and a few others I cant name off top, but to me it's like why rap over that ####, you can find a tagless of a different beat Im sure.
 04-13-2013, 10:38 AMaway - #52
lil antman 

d 
space
$424 | 1266475
real life relationships > internet relationships in this music game...you either build with an artist and or get to the right city and grind...not saying you cant progress your career through the web or soundclick or that it doesn't help im just saying it can't compare to real life

04-13-2013, 11:06 AMaway - #53
THEINFAMOUS 7 heat pts

d 
space
$34,402 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Martel
he did not find the beat on soundclick. Scott Boogie found it on soundclick. Put it on a beat CD and gave it to G-Unit records claiming he made the beat.
So did Apex get paid for it?
 04-13-2013, 11:13 AMaway - #54
THEINFAMOUS 7 heat pts

d 
space
$34,402 | POWERFUL
I aint gon lie, i send beats to BIG NAME ni##as, only the ones i like.
Have you ever got a placement from that?
 04-13-2013, 11:22 AMaway - #55
TheGift 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,305 | POWERFUL
I think the sound click grind is necessary. It's cool to send ya music to big names but, y wait till they call u back to get money? U might be waiting forever. But, when u gotta SC page thats popular u make money while u wait for the big names. Also, ya beat on SC could be used by a no name ni##a and blow the #### up! Then the big names start lookin for u instead of u lookin for them. Im workin wit a SC/BX producer right now on a EP. Im sure some of the beats I'm using has been used by other artist but, Ima k!ll them on some other #### so it doesn't matter if someone hopped on it before me IMO. Were helping each other get our names out there by gaining new fans through our fan base.

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Ayo Chris Smoove girl is bad as sh-t
52 comments
Twitter Reacts to DOTA2 broadcast on ESPN2.
63 comments
Image inside  World of Warcraft Brings In Over $1 Billion Annually,..
55 comments
 NBA Most Unathletic Player In The League?
New reply 3 minutes ago - 100 comments - by lilbeast
 Video inside August Alsina Plays Fu-k Marry Kill (khloe K, Jhene Ai...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 54 comments - by trill jackson
 NBA Russell Westbrook Got Married Snowbunnies Out Here Wre...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 111 comments - by ChickBoss414
 Video inside Destiny's First-ever 1080p Xbox One Footage – Ign First
New reply 36 minutes ago - 72 comments - by LaRy BLanco
 Article inside Jay Z & Beyoncé Reportedly Trying To Split Without...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 151 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
 Image(s) inside Kendrick Lamar Covers Complex Magazine
New reply 59 minutes ago - 57 comments - by Fwxvgo
 Image(s) inside Jul 20 - Teacher Danielle Watkins Threatened To Fail S...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 132 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Every Time!!!!!!!!
New reply 1 hour ago - 65 comments - by tokinjohn

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.