Soundclick Producers Are Ruinin' The Game

Soundclick Producers Are Ruinin' The Game
 01-27-2013, 12:20 AMaway - #21
Martel 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$11,825 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by revinue2244
Very great post. That guy knows what he's talking about. Stop selling yourselves short producers

Originally Posted by YungPrinceNY
OP sounds like a hater
Whom am I exactly hating on? I'm telling producers they are too talented to let #### go for free

Originally Posted by BluCupShawty
I feel ya folk. #### low ranking yourself and that short change
I mean if it's an artist you wanna work with by all means. I just don't understand why you'd let ANYBODY download it and rock to it though.

Originally Posted by justinjones
about 90% of my music connects came through the internet

i live in a city where most rappers are content on being a name just in the city...i ain't having that
i feel you I'm definitely not knocking internet networking, I do it myself. I heard the stuff you did for Le$ and I am not badmouthing you at all. You got those beats to the right artist. IDK you but I'm a$suming you didn't throw the beats you did for him on soundclick for free and waited for anybody to download them and it happened to be him. IF that is how it happened then maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.
 01-27-2013, 12:59 AMaway - #22
OG Killa 148 heat pts148

d 
space
$14,042 | POWERFUL
Perhaps I got it confused then cause I wasn't going at the whole 'depending on soundclick"....Cause the people i'm thinking about didn't do that...And yeah ChasenCashe did do that at one point...Hell I rapped over a few ChasenCashe beats back in '03, '04', and 05...they had the electronic male voiced tag that had the really deep baritone vocals....saying 'chase n cashe productions'...then a high pitched one after it...lol...A lot of the ni##as posting on sites like Futureproducers also were on soundclick...and were also on iuma(which pre-dated soundclick...don't know how old you are but anyone who remembers the early SC days...and before SC remember iuma....Reverbnations whole format is literally iuma)

I do more #### locally than I do on the internet....I never did the premium soundclick thing with all the designs and ####...never did Roc Beats....never did much of any of that...#### I got my start producing in the streets and the studios here...was on a lot of local ni##as Gangsta Grillz and DJ Holiday tapes at one point...Even now I'm producing joints that have anyone from Big Sean, Mac Miller, 2 Chainz, Gibbs, Fiend, Devin The Dude, 8Ball & MJG and so on/so forth....One of the crazy things I've done with the local talent is I've been able to not only produce for them...I've also been able to get them featured on/working with majors....

....Thats a local artist I support and produce for.....

I can list others I helped do things and built with and such...but I also understand how the internet can help me spread throughout an area...Pittsburg for instance...We did the Mac joint...and that lead to joints with Boaz, Chevy Woods and so on...hell the Chevy Woods work made its way back to the A and got a joint with Chevy/Scrappy on it...

.....so on and so forth ya know....

Member of my production team is born/raised/lives in Birmingham....So this makes sense

That local hustle + the internet hustle makes it all make sense

We got a soundclick...just never pushed that #### tho lol

Oh yeah no free beats though LOL. #### all that ####...only time we do the free tracks #### is if we drop a beat cd....and those usually add up to something...We dropped a beat tape once and a canadian company made Drum Gang shirts for free and we had giveaways an such...blogs sponsored the #### and everything.

And this aint k!lla lol....Killa wouldn't dare say that word...lmaoooooo

Last edited by OG Killa; 01-27-2013 at 01:09 AM..
 01-27-2013, 01:11 AMaway - #23
Adwerdz 96 heat pts96

d 
space
$20,132 | POWERFUL
powerful thread
 01-27-2013, 01:42 AMaway - #24
Peterparker 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$14,703 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Martel
all these wack ni##as rappin on free beats with tags all through them and ####. can y'all stop giving these lame a$s rappers a platform? Beats soundin all professionally mixed and here this ni##a come on a three dollar mic rapping in autotune. Some of y'all way too talented to be doin this ####. and what's even worse are these same wack rappers runnin around here performing with "Johnny Juliano DOT COM!" goin all the way through the beat

I hate hearing that JOHNNY JULIANO DOT COM thruout the song...#### irritating and I see what you're saying. It does #### up the exclusiveness of a song when you hear 20,000 ni##as already ripped the beat with that tag riden thru the whole song. And like you stated alot of times it be rappers w/ the worst quality which messes up the feel of the beat and doesn't really give it it's full potential.

Not to mention the production game just like the rap game is so watered down now. And that's just because now anybody can make a track or produce a beat so you gotta skim thru all the bull#### to get to tha gold mind.

That's why I was kinda blown away when Trinidad James said he found all his beats on his mixtape for free on the net. I'm like you mean to tell me he found "All Gold Everything" just browsing the net?? The beat alone is amazing in the simplest of ways.
 01-27-2013, 03:11 AMaway - #25
Gouki 8 heat pts

d 
space
$4,071 | POWERFUL
I just typed hella #### then accidentally pressed back.

oh well, this topic is the truth. Subscribed.
 01-27-2013, 03:14 AMaway - #26
Gouki 8 heat pts

d 
space
$4,071 | POWERFUL
Lol, i was readin ya'll replies like
 01-27-2013, 12:12 PMaway - #27
OG Killa 148 heat pts148

d 
space
$14,042 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Peterparker

I hate hearing that JOHNNY JULIANO DOT COM thruout the song...#### irritating and I see what you're saying. It does #### up the exclusiveness of a song when you hear 20,000 ni##as already ripped the beat with that tag riden thru the whole song. And like you stated alot of times it be rappers w/ the worst quality which messes up the feel of the beat and doesn't really give it it's full potential.
See this is exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly what im talking about.....I dont understand how y'all are blaming the producers for this?!

You know the only reason this happens is cause broke rap ni##as target the free downloads and DON'T buy exclusives with the tag removed right???? I can show you tons of local/indie ni##as who have bought Juliano beats without the tags in em.
 01-27-2013, 12:22 PMonline - #28
Arson 82 heat pts82

d 
space
$29,042 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ALLEEK
See this is exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly what im talking about.....I dont understand how y'all are blaming the producers for this?!

You know the only reason this happens is cause broke rap ni##as target the free downloads and DON'T buy exclusives with the tag removed right???? I can show you tons of local/indie ni##as who have bought Juliano beats without the tags in em.
I'm surprised them type of ni##as even got mics to record vocals. #### is $20 for the untagged version
 01-27-2013, 12:34 PMaway - #29
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$8,996 | POWERFUL
never heard of this ####... iono what game u playing but u need to get a console and stop playing them bowling alley arcade games... talking about unsigned soundclick producers is ####ing up the game (the game = the industry = being signed or some what marketable)

Thats like saying flag football is k!lling the nfl
 01-27-2013, 12:49 PMaway - #30
OG Killa 148 heat pts148

d 
space
$14,042 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Arson
I'm surprised them type of ni##as even got mics to record vocals. #### is $20 for the untagged version
exactly lol...Only reason yall hearing tags in beats is cause ni##as are to cheap to invest in they career.

Also you know A LOT of rappers record tagged beats off soundclick and then rap over them without producers permission...thats one of the reasons I never got into soundclick heavy lol
 01-27-2013, 12:53 PMaway - #31
CartelFamill 6 heat pts

d 
space
$2,763 | 8833744
MOST OF THESE NEW PRODUCERS GOT ON BECUZ OF THE INTERNET....They made their connections thru the Internet....

When you hear beats with TAGS all thru them....That is suppose to be used for DEMO VERSIONS...When you LEASE them you get a Non-Tagged version but for that $20-50 you paid for lease....It might be 50 people with the same beat.....You buy exclusive you talkin' $200-$1000

There is some ni##as who is making ALOT OF MONEY ####in' with soundclick.....and Damn near every producer you named has had soundclick wheather they pushed it or not......

Young Chop had/has had Soundclick,Jahlil beats,Kane Beatz,Flawless Production,etc

50 Cents "I Get Money" was on Soundclick....Uncle Murda's Warning etc
 01-27-2013, 12:57 PMaway - #32
OG Killa 148 heat pts148

d 
space
$14,042 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CartelFamill
MOST OF THESE NEW PRODUCERS GOT ON BECUZ OF THE INTERNET....They made their connections thru the Internet....

When you hear beats with TAGS all thru them....That is suppose to be used for DEMO VERSIONS...When you LEASE them you get a Non-Tagged version but for that $20-50 you paid for lease....It might be 50 people with the same beat.....You buy exclusive you talkin' $200-$1000

There is some ni##as who is making ALOT OF MONEY ####in' with soundclick.....and Damn near every producer you named has had soundclick wheather they pushed it or not......

Young Chop had/has had Soundclick,Jahlil beats,Kane Beatz,Flawless Production,etc

50 Cents "I Get Money" was on Soundclick....Uncle Murda's Warning etc
Bingo. We are even seeing a lot of rappers get on thru the net to....Cause I swear Cyhi had to blow up off the net...he literally has NO support here in atl...I been listenin to dude since before his G.O.O.D deal(used to get his old work off facebook when a homie of mine who went to Redan with him would post it) but he barely get shows/press here...The internet put him on a higher pedestal lol
 01-27-2013, 12:59 PMaway - #33
WordOnThaStreet 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$1,598 | POWERFUL
50 cent found the beat for i get money on soundclick and it was the FIRST beat dude ever sold. stfu and quit bytching, u jus come down off a molly boy?
 01-27-2013, 01:01 PMaway - #34
Martel 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$11,825 | POWERFUL
rappers gonna be rappers. they will rap to anything. sure I can blame them but they have been rapping on beats without permission for years and that'll never change. producers should know that offbat and try and get them to the right artist. yea it's sad rappers are cheap and don't wanna spend money on their dream. i can't tell you how many ni##as would cop liquor and weed but would flip out like I am asking for the world when I told them they had to pay for studio time. That's life. It would make no sense to move backwards and lower my prices by a lot or make it free when there are so many passionate and committed artists who WILL pay the fee. i would simply keep the prices and target the serious musicians.

the video revenue posted is a very good example of what im talking about.
 01-27-2013, 01:02 PMaway - #35
Martel 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$11,825 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by datVAkid
never heard of this ####... iono what game u playing but u need to get a console and stop playing them bowling alley arcade games... talking about unsigned soundclick producers is ####ing up the game (the game = the industry = being signed or some what marketable)

Thats like saying flag football is k!lling the nfl
the unsigned and indie game are huge players nowadays what you talkin about. mike will is unsigned.
 01-27-2013, 01:07 PMaway - #36
Martel 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$11,825 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by WordOnThaStreet
50 cent found the beat for i get money on soundclick and it was the FIRST beat dude ever sold. stfu and quit bytching, u jus come down off a molly boy?
he did not find the beat on soundclick. Scott Boogie found it on soundclick. Put it on a beat CD and gave it to G-Unit records claiming he made the beat. The beat would have never gotten to 50 if it sat on soundclick. You're missing the whole point of the thread. If it was just another free beat with tags through it, we wouldn't have the track. It took someone who had the people skills to GET the record to the right hands. Which goes to show you just grinding on SC isn't the best thing to do. Unless you're praying that somebody steals your beat and gets it to Drake or someone.

edit: Again I am NOT KNOCKING soundclick or having one. I am simply knocking the producers who are selling their art for dirt cheap or giving it out for free to everyone and anyone.

Last edited by Martel; 01-27-2013 at 01:10 PM..
 01-27-2013, 01:20 PMaway - #37
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$8,996 | POWERFUL
the unsigned and indie game are huge players nowadays what you talkin about. mike will is unsigned.
Because he has his own production team (air drummers)
and he is marketable...
When i think of "THE GAME" i think of people that are known outside they region and ####... When is the last time you got a mixtape, a real mix tape from a reputable artist, that has tags all through it?
You can be part of the game (Sunday night football/college football), or you can just play the game (backyard football)
 01-27-2013, 01:40 PMaway - #38
Martel 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$11,825 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by datVAkid
Because he has his own production team (air drummers)
and he is marketable...
When i think of "THE GAME" i think of people that are known outside they region and ####... When is the last time you got a mixtape, a real mix tape from a reputable artist, that has tags all through it?
You can be part of the game (Sunday night football/college football), or you can just play the game (backyard football)
those football analogies are bad because nobody is scouting flag or backyard football players. you should have used college football because it is by far more comparable and you should see how important unsigned artists are for the industry like college players are for the NFL. if there is a problem with unsigned acts it affects the whole game. i personally do not check mixtapes anymore and if i do its gucci or future, two rappers who have their own producers + they have money. but how could you forget "All The Way Turnt Up" ? Vybez tag was all through that and Ke had to reproduce the track and it was wack as #### when he did it.
 01-27-2013, 02:04 PMaway - #39
datVAkid 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$8,996 | POWERFUL
those football analogies are bad because nobody is scouting flag or backyard football players. you should have used college football because it is by far more comparable and you should see how important unsigned artists are for the industry like college players are for the NFL. if there is a problem with unsigned acts it affects the whole game. i personally do not check mixtapes anymore and if i do its gucci or future, two rappers who have their own producers + they have money. but how could you forget "All The Way Turnt Up" ? Vybez tag was all through that and Ke had to reproduce the track and it was wack as #### when he did it.
My whole point is there are people that are serious, and study this game and do what ever they can to reach different channels by focusing on their music, marketability, relations and ect (thats comparable playing ball in high school (bedroom studio setup), college (building a brand for yourself, getting out there, using the #### u learned in high school to stand out), and then finally the professional (being signed to a major)...

Then their are some artist who just street ball and is seen by a school, or a team and they add em to their D league team or practice squad to mold them (i.e. trinidad james, soulja boy, and ect), and then they hit the pros

what im trying to get at, the ratio for signed to unsigned is like 1:100,000
and out of that, the amount of unsigned hype that has any type of influence on the game is 2:100,000
and to think about it, alot of these "unsigned/indie" rappers ni##a talk about are actually not unsigned or indiependent... they have some type of crew, production label, engineer or something that puts them in the know... they just dont have a major deal...
Wiz Khalifa (rostrum records)
Big Krit (Cinematic (sp?), DJ wallie Sparks)
Curren$y (Young Money, Cinematic)
Joey Basa$$ (cinematic)
Wale (Studio 43)
Mac Miller (rostrum records)
 01-27-2013, 03:13 PMaway - #40
Gouki 8 heat pts

d 
space
$4,071 | POWERFUL
I am simply knocking the producers who are selling their art for dirt cheap or giving it out for free to everyone and anyone.
That problem will never go away. TOo many wack a$s ni##as got access to Fruity Loops demo wit that Lex Luger kit. That will never go away. ni##as out here copying what they hear on the radio and ####, and then turn around and sell their #### for $5 lease. WTF. They messin the game up and it will never be changed. I aint gon lie, i send beats to BIG NAME ni##as, only the ones i like. But most of the time im sellin these ####s.

I got alot of lease and plenty of exclusive sales. Some producers are scared to sell them for more than $20 out of fear of no one buying them. I value my beats by how much i like them and how much work i put into it, also taking into face how much publicity you will be getting off of them, so naw i aint sellin my #### for no $10.

But its too late now, rappers got the advantage in this ####, cuz if he wants yo beat, but dont like the price, he'll go find something else for less or free.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Bale Admits Envy of Affleck, Wanted to Be Batman Again
68 comments
NBA Dwight Howard out indefinitely
55 comments
NFL Odell Beckham Jr. with one of the greatest catches in NF..
136 comments
 Video inside Iggy Azalea Wins Best "rap / Hip-hop Album" ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 68 comments - by Shadyunit
 Image(s) inside Nov 22 - Newtown Massacre Shooter Adam Lanza Indulged ...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 107 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Waves Literally On Another Level
New reply 4 minutes ago - 64 comments - by JamaicanDon92
 Video inside Rihanna Extreme Twerking In Barbados
New reply 21 minutes ago - 79 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Image(s) inside Nov 22 - Cleveland Police Shoot 12-year-old Boy Holdin...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 136 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Harden Flops Then Hides Behind Teammate To Retaliate
New reply 23 minutes ago - 63 comments - by The Boat
 Video inside Nov 23 - Astronomers Find Evidence Of Two Undiscovered...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 64 comments - by metatr0n
 Video inside Nov 22 - Agree Or Disagree? Police Chief Went In On Af...
New reply 39 minutes ago - 192 comments - by slee

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,860 fans of BX | none new today 4,811 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.