This is BX @ Boxden.com


Soundclick Producers Are Ruinin' The Game


 Soundclick Producers Are Ruinin' The Game
topic by Martel - 01-26-2013, 06:21 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot


> Soundclick Producers Are Ruinin' The Game - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below! all these wack ni##as rappin on free beats with tags all through them and ####. can y'all stop giving these lame a$s rappers a platform? Beats soundin all professionally mixed and here this ni##a come on a three dollar mic rapping in autotune. Some of y'all way too talented to be doin this ####. and what's even worse are these same wack rappers runnin around here performing with "Johnny Juliano DOT COM!" goin all the way through the beat > Soundclick Producers Are Ruinin' The Game - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!


Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

55 comments for "Soundclick Producers Are Ruinin' The Game"


 01-26-2013, 06:22 PMaway - #2
DreamChasers 67 heat pts67

  d 
space
$5,154 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Martel
all these wack ni##as rappin on free beats with tags all through them and ####. can y'all stop giving these lame a$s rappers a platform? Beats soundin all professionally mixed and here this ni##a come on a three dollar mic rapping in autotune. Some of y'all way too talented to be doin this ####. and what's even worse are these same wack rappers runnin around here performing with "Johnny Juliano DOT COM!" goin all the way through the beat
its called passion. they have a product to show for.
 01-26-2013, 06:29 PMonline - #3
justinjones 226 heat pts226

  d 
space
$42,031 | POWERFUL
how the hell else are they supposed to promote their beats though?

johnny,superstar o,vybe be getting most of their money off soundclick and presets. big names don't come to them that much for whatever reason. if they did then they would delete their accounts like lex luger,jahlil beats and cardo did.

people do be stealing em but the ones that actually want to lease em be paying em so

my thing is that the rappers we do know of want beats with no tags and free....they flat out say free on twitter and these producing hoes be lettin em

people was sending rappers like chopper beats
 01-26-2013, 06:38 PMaway - #4
OG Killa 139 heat pts139

  d 
space
$12,572 | POWERFUL
Ehhhhh bro it sounds like broke rappers who can't afford to buy the beat without the tag is who you have an issue with.
 01-26-2013, 06:45 PMaway - #5
Ca$h Out 33 heat pts33

  d 
space
$24,439 | POWERFUL
doesn't bother me....

 01-26-2013, 07:03 PMaway - #6
Martel 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$11,257 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DreamChasers
its called passion. they have a product to show for.
huh? im not saying they can't upload a beat. but give them out for free aint about passion. it makes zero sense to me.

Originally Posted by justinjones
how the hell else are they supposed to promote their beats though?

johnny,superstar o,vybe be getting most of their money off soundclick and presets. big names don't come to them that much for whatever reason. if they did then they would delete their accounts like lex luger,jahlil beats and cardo did.

people do be stealing em but the ones that actually want to lease em be paying em so

my thing is that the rappers we do know of want beats with no tags and free....they flat out say free on twitter and these producing hoes be lettin em

people was sending rappers like chopper beats
i think a by far smarter approach would be to actually PRODUCE the product. don't just make beats and throw them on the net. find a local artist or artists to build or work with. record/produce their project. mix it if you have the skill and get a local name. i have so much respect for producers who are actually producing whole projects for their local artists than these guys throwing out free beats for everyone to DL. if you do want to do that at least get them to the right artists. i'd rather give chopper a free beat than somebody who's gonna make a song and not even promote it. SC producers should give themselves more control than they do smh #### them free beats.
 01-26-2013, 07:09 PMaway - #7
Rique 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$25,400 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Martel
huh? im not saying they can't upload a beat. but give them out for free aint about passion. it makes zero sense to me.



i think a by far smarter approach would be to actually PRODUCE the product. don't just make beats and throw them on the net. find a local artist or artists to build or work with. record/produce their project. mix it if you have the skill and get a local name. i have so much respect for producers who are actually producing whole projects for their local artists than these guys throwing out free beats for everyone to DL. if you do want to do that at least get them to the right artists. i'd rather give chopper a free beat than somebody who's gonna make a song and not even promote it. SC producers should give themselves more control than they do smh #### them free beats.
No way internet is a way bigger platform and is why some of them are eating now. They got discovered because of soundclick
 01-26-2013, 07:15 PMaway - #8
Martel 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$11,257 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rique
No way internet is a way bigger platform and is why some of them are eating now. They got discovered because of soundclick
i highly doubt that anybody is getting bigger opportunities on the internet than real life connections. i wanna see more timbo/missy, mannie fresh/cash money, shawty redd/jeezy, dj premier/guru type of ####. the only person i remember eating off the net like that was lex luger and he hit up the right person who needed it at the time (waka). all the hot big name producers are working with local artists ie mike will, jahlil beats, dj spinz, dj mustard, etc. why not network and build something from scratch instead of letting these unknowns rap to your beats
 01-26-2013, 07:23 PMaway - #9
OG Killa 139 heat pts139

  d 
space
$12,572 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Martel
i highly doubt that anybody is getting bigger opportunities on the internet than real life connections. i wanna see more timbo/missy, mannie fresh/cash money, shawty redd/jeezy, dj premier/guru type of ####. the only person i remember eating off the net like that was lex luger and he hit up the right person who needed it at the time (waka). all the hot big name producers are working with local artists ie mike will, jahlil beats, dj spinz, dj mustard, etc. why not network and build something from scratch instead of letting these unknowns rap to your beats
You should look up people like Kane Beatz...who was pretty much the Soundclick King at one point...Chase/Cash(Lil Wayne and Eminems Drop The World record), Hit Boy, Big Krit, Lil Lodi, Cardo, Sledgren, and so on that started on Soundclick. A lot of them made considerable dough before even getting with anyone really major....Hell Johnny Juliano once showed what he averages a week on soundclick and I'm pretty sure hes earning better than about 99.9% of this forum lmao

Like I said though fam...I think you just tired of the broke rappers who can't afford the producers
 01-26-2013, 07:39 PMaway - #10
Martel 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$11,257 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ALLEEK
You should look up people like Kane Beatz...who was pretty much the Soundclick King at one point...Chase/Cash(Lil Wayne and Eminems Drop The World record), Hit Boy, Big Krit, Lil Lodi, Cardo, Sledgren, and so on that started on Soundclick. A lot of them made considerable dough before even getting with anyone really major....Hell Johnny Juliano once showed what he averages a week on soundclick and I'm pretty sure hes earning better than about 99.9% of this forum lmao

Like I said though fam...I think you just tired of the broke rappers who can't afford the producers
a lot of those producers started locally and built their name up. i personally dont know too much about kane beats but i know chasencashe networks a lot which is how he got in touch with polow. i have never seen a soundclick of his. chasencashe did reach hit boy via the internet (myspace) i believe but that was because hit boi was doin local #### for people.

i am not ####ting on people who started on soundclick. but using soundclick as your only means to get your beats out is ridiculous and I don't see any real success stories coming from it (aside from a small few) not to mention any classic worthy material. cardo and sledgro biggest clients aren't on SC so they aren't on that #### heavy.

all im saying is we saw what young chop did. He has/had a SC but he found a little ni##a from around the way to produce for instead. Chief Keef isn't some rare talent. I guarantee JJ would have been making WAY more of he had an artist instead of spending time on Soundclick. Not knocking what he's doing because he's actually doing good and making a name of it but I honestly believe that's a harder and LONGER process. Look at how many big named artists are contacting Young Chop vs. JJ. I'd much rather be in Young Chop's position but that's me

I just feel like it's such a waste of music to let EVERYBODY Rap on ya ####. Until there are little ni##as makin Pharrell money off Soundclick I don't get it. Find an artist to produce for and stop ####in around
 01-26-2013, 07:58 PMaway - #11
Arson 82 heat pts82

  d 
space
$27,761 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Martel
a lot of those producers started locally and built their name up. i personally dont know too much about kane beats but i know chasencashe networks a lot which is how he got in touch with polow. i have never seen a soundclick of his. chasencashe did reach hit boy via the internet (myspace) i believe but that was because hit boi was doin local #### for people.

i am not ####ting on people who started on soundclick. but using soundclick as your only means to get your beats out is ridiculous and I don't see any real success stories coming from it (aside from a small few) not to mention any classic worthy material. cardo and sledgro biggest clients aren't on SC so they aren't on that #### heavy.

all im saying is we saw what young chop did. He has/had a SC but he found a little ni##a from around the way to produce for instead. Chief Keef isn't some rare talent. I guarantee JJ would have been making WAY more of he had an artist instead of spending time on Soundclick. Not knocking what he's doing because he's actually doing good and making a name of it but I honestly believe that's a harder and LONGER process. Look at how many big named artists are contacting Young Chop vs. JJ. I'd much rather be in Young Chop's position but that's me

I just feel like it's such a waste of music to let EVERYBODY Rap on ya ####. Until there are little ni##as makin Pharrell money off Soundclick I don't get it. Find an artist to produce for and stop ####in around
eh. Chop just has that name advantage. He's still a mixtape producer outside of Finally Rich. I don't know of many artist that's putting a real budget towards mixtapes like that, especially the type of artists that Chop's sound caters to so JJ probably ends up with more bread overall at the end of a year.
 01-26-2013, 08:00 PMaway - #12
fame614 212 heat pts212

  d 
space
$5,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Martel
i highly doubt that anybody is getting bigger opportunities on the internet than real life connections. i wanna see more timbo/missy, mannie fresh/cash money, shawty redd/jeezy, dj premier/guru type of ####. the only person i remember eating off the net like that was lex luger and he hit up the right person who needed it at the time (waka). all the hot big name producers are working with local artists ie mike will, jahlil beats, dj spinz, dj mustard, etc. why not network and build something from scratch instead of letting these unknowns rap to your beats
#### u buggin superstar o making dough he got a nice bmw and audi and a nice crib out west and in back and he ####s with vbye hits
 01-26-2013, 08:04 PMaway - #13
BBhiphop 245 heat pts245

  d 
space
$6,402 | POWERFUL
you must be listening to ####ty a$s rappers

since september I posted over a 1000 songs on HHF and I don't think one of all those songs had beats with tags..
 01-26-2013, 08:32 PMaway - #14
Martel 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$11,257 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Arson
eh. Chop just has that name advantage. He's still a mixtape producer outside of Finally Rich. I don't know of many artist that's putting a real budget towards mixtapes like that, especially the type of artists that Chop's sound caters to so JJ probably ends up with more bread overall at the end of a year.
aint no way. JJ ain't gettin royalty checks off beat leases and free beats. i dont wanna pocket watch but chop gets paid every time his songs get played in the club/radio/tv and he makin money off of album sales. not to mention he's signed to warner. if his business is correct he should be making a lot more than johnny juliano as of right now and it took him a lot less time. it's all a$sumptions though

Originally Posted by fame614
#### u buggin superstar o making dough he got a nice bmw and audi and a nice crib out west and in back and he ####s with vbye hits
i dont even know who that is to be honest. i heard his name before but i aint ever paid attention to him. if he did make all that off soundclick (which I doubt) again he's one of the few exceptions.

Originally Posted by BBhiphop
you must be listening to ####ty a$s rappers

since september I posted over a 1000 songs on HHF and I don't think one of all those songs had beats with tags..
i am talking unsigned artists/local artists. but even sort of known rappers b doin that #### too

King Louie - The Val Venis Song (Hello Ladies) [CDQ] - YouTube

Slim Dunkin-Tune Up Man 2 - YouTube

but #### it i just wanted more artist/producer relations but everything is impersonal with the internet nowadays. ima just do what i do.
 01-26-2013, 10:14 PMaway - #15
OG Killa 139 heat pts139

  d 
space
$12,572 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Martel
a lot of those producers started locally and built their name up. i personally dont know too much about kane beats but i know chasencashe networks a lot which is how he got in touch with polow. i have never seen a soundclick of his. chasencashe did reach hit boy via the internet (myspace) i believe but that was because hit boi was doin local #### for people.

i am not ####ting on people who started on soundclick. but using soundclick as your only means to get your beats out is ridiculous and I don't see any real success stories coming from it (aside from a small few) not to mention any classic worthy material. cardo and sledgro biggest clients aren't on SC so they aren't on that #### heavy.

all im saying is we saw what young chop did. He has/had a SC but he found a little ni##a from around the way to produce for instead. Chief Keef isn't some rare talent. I guarantee JJ would have been making WAY more of he had an artist instead of spending time on Soundclick. Not knocking what he's doing because he's actually doing good and making a name of it but I honestly believe that's a harder and LONGER process. Look at how many big named artists are contacting Young Chop vs. JJ. I'd much rather be in Young Chop's position but that's me

I just feel like it's such a waste of music to let EVERYBODY Rap on ya ####. Until there are little ni##as makin Pharrell money off Soundclick I don't get it. Find an artist to produce for and stop ####in around
I can pretty much guarantee you that about 97% of the people who have heard ChasenCashe heard em first on Soundclick....and thats not a knock on them...thats a prop...cause them, along with Kane Beatz pretty much made Soundclick a lane homie.

Im pretty sure you heard about Kane Beatz fam...I seen you talk about his music before not even knowing you were lmao



You bring up working local and such.....all the people on soundclick are doing that...I'm not to sure you really are 100 on what you're talking about here...nobody is dependent upon the internet ONLY for their production...nobody doing it even on the level you're talking about doing it rather. It's just that now with the internet...the kid who will never get to go to New York in his life...thats in Des Moines Iowa???? Now he can leave a beat in a Def Jam email or A&Rs twitter page...He can't sit outside Jay-Zs studio like someone would have done in 98...but he can reach the people he needs to reach....Quite a few people Made Mega hits that are 'Soundclick' Producers...about 90% of the producers that have 'came up' since about 07 have had soundclicks, iuma, or hell reverbnation pages....I really feel like you might not be in the best position to talk about this one. I respect your opinion though, wholeheartedly


But if it weren't for Soundclick this song wouldn't have been made....lets look at the plaques it got tho


The Soundclick Producer is just the kid in the basement with a MPC and a dream....just that kid with an outlet.

50 Cent - I Get Money - YouTube
 01-26-2013, 10:20 PMaway - #16
Radio Raheem 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$4,864 | 19562680
Selling (Non-Exclusive) Beats For MORE Than $10-25 - YouTube
 01-26-2013, 10:40 PMonline - #17
YungPrinceNY 401 heat pts401

  d 
space
$5,589 | POWERFUL
OP sounds like a hater
 01-26-2013, 10:44 PMonline - #18
Trilluminati GA 338 heat pts338

  d 
space
$29,478 | POWERFUL
I feel ya folk. #### low ranking yourself and that short change
 01-26-2013, 10:59 PMonline - #19
justinjones 226 heat pts226

  d 
space
$42,031 | POWERFUL
about 90% of my music connects came through the internet

i live in a city where most rappers are content on being a name just in the city...i ain't having that
 01-26-2013, 11:15 PMaway - #20
Martel 11 heat pts11

  d 
space
$11,257 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ALLEEK
I can pretty much guarantee you that about 97% of the people who have heard ChasenCashe heard em first on Soundclick....and thats not a knock on them...thats a prop...cause them, along with Kane Beatz pretty much made Soundclick a lane homie.

Im pretty sure you heard about Kane Beatz fam...I seen you talk about his music before not even knowing you were lmao



You bring up working local and such.....all the people on soundclick are doing that...I'm not to sure you really are 100 on what you're talking about here...nobody is dependent upon the internet ONLY for their production...nobody doing it even on the level you're talking about doing it rather. It's just that now with the internet...the kid who will never get to go to New York in his life...thats in Des Moines Iowa???? Now he can leave a beat in a Def Jam email or A&Rs twitter page...He can't sit outside Jay-Zs studio like someone would have done in 98...but he can reach the people he needs to reach....Quite a few people Made Mega hits that are 'Soundclick' Producers...about 90% of the producers that have 'came up' since about 07 have had soundclicks, iuma, or hell reverbnation pages....I really feel like you might not be in the best position to talk about this one. I respect your opinion though, wholeheartedly


But if it weren't for Soundclick this song wouldn't have been made....lets look at the plaques it got tho


The Soundclick Producer is just the kid in the basement with a MPC and a dream....just that kid with an outlet.

I have never heard of Chase n Cashe being on soundclick. He used to post on futureproducers heavy but not once do I remember seeing him on soundclick at all. If he was he wasn't heavy on there. He wasn't one of these producers who gave out free beats with his tags all through it. He found an artist and tried to build him (Chilly Chil) and ended up focusing on being an artist himself. This is not knocking anybody who has a soundclick. Hell I had a soundclick. The fact is to get on the charts producers on SC give out free beats. Not to mention to stay on the charts they make the same generic a$s beats over and over again.

Not all of those producers are working the local thing or at least working it as hard as they're doing the soundclick thing. Again I don't want to pick apart Johnny Juliano because I know people who have worked with him but he has not taken the local approach I was talking about to that extent. In fact I know people from Pittsburgh who have said he has had a hard time with placements with bigger named artists because of his SC persona. He did try with Wiz but he should have kept on after the falling out, I'm sure that was the most money he's seen and he was actually landing placements. He has the talent. While somebody like Harry Fraud who samples ####in everything is more known because he isn't too focused on soundclick and he found his local rapper to produce for.

NOBODY IS knocking using the internet homie. Hell if you don't use the internet you're an idiot. But relying on SC and it's chart system to the point you're selling beats for $5 and giving them away for free is sad. Just imagine if Kanye was a SC producer and he let that "Heart of a City" beat go for free. Before you finally hear Jay rap on it you done heard all these wack a$s rappers with bad quality mics spitting rubbish over it. When you do hear it, you already heard it before so it lacks the exclusiveness and it ruins the listening experience. #### letting everybody and they mom download it for free and get it in the hands of the RIGHT people. Which Kanye did and now we have a classic song.

You can argue it all you want but most successful producers are not relying on SC. They found their artist to produce for. Harry Fraud found French Montana, Lex found Waka, Zay found Gucci, Timbo had Missy, The Neptunes had Clipse/Teddy Riley, Young Chop has Chief Keef, Mike Will ####in wit Future, etc. If you find your artist through SC that is great.

That I Get Money is a great example of a ####ed up situation. If it would have just stayed on soundclick it ALSO wouldn't have been a big record so don't forget that. It took someone (Scott Boogie) to get that in 50 Cent's hands, which should tell you something about relying mostly on Soundclick.

I know who Kane Beatz is but I don't know his story, which is what I meant.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Jul 22 - World’s Second-Richest Man Calls For Three-D..
53 comments
Article inside  Philip Seymour Hoffman didn't want to leave any mone..
51 comments
Image inside  Ridley Scott's Exodus: Gods and Kings, Has the Most B..
154 comments
 Image(s) inside Solve This Math Problem.....the Sequel
New reply 5 minutes ago - 54 comments - by MGz
 NFL Robert Griffin Iii Gives Himself New Nickname
New reply 25 minutes ago - 109 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside Best "bounce Back" Album
New reply 7 minutes ago - 101 comments - by AC SLATER
 NBA Roy Hibbert "i Will Be The Best Center In The Lea...
New reply 32 minutes ago - 59 comments - by italiansteve
 Video inside Ayo Chris Smoove Girl Is Bad As Sh-t
New reply 8 minutes ago - 63 comments - by HeatMafia410
 NFL Jaws Top 30 Qb List
New reply 33 minutes ago - 225 comments - by tre0624
 Image(s) inside Kim K's Brother Admits To Being Aroused By Her....kany...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 104 comments - by HipHopFactz
 NBA Power Rankings ... In July?
New reply 38 minutes ago - 71 comments - by Hovi Bryant

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.