Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

So Cam Is Lyrical But Kanye Isnt?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
156 viewing
 So we gon act like the VMA's wasn't pushing the agenda tonight
244 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
107 viewing
Video inside When you support your girl even when she wont even look at you...
184 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
89 viewing
 Kanye West gives mad akward but legendary speech
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
86 viewing
 BOX Sugar Shane puts Mayorga to sleep
11 comments
@sports
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 So Cam Is Lyrical But Kanye Isnt?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #1
1379 pageviews
54 comments


kiddrocay 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
fu*k Lupe, Boycott Lupe
space
$18,242 | POWERFUL
cam'ron is the most overrated rapper on boxden

I dont understand why hes called the goat and sometimes people say the number one rapper from ny image

imo cam is borderline garbage

Kanye may not be the most lyrical but back in the day he was cool with it, very different.

on top of that he knew how to make songs that stuck out.
Reply With Quote

top in section
24 viewing
 Article inside Tila Tequila Booted From ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ Over Hitler Views
40 comments
top in movies/24hrs
top in section
27 viewing
 Image inside Jessica Alba In A Bkini At The Beach In Cancun
2 comments
top in eyecandy/24hrs

Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #2
Nasty Neighbor 153 heat pts153 space
avatar space
I Got Knocked Da Fu*k Out!
space
$21,482 | POWERFUL
i disagree but recognize your right to an opinion
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - on now - #3
5E8FW  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,810 | 12827170
Cam chalked it up and put style over substance a long time ago.

There were a lot of "followers" that just rode the movement and he rolled with that from my perspective.

Listen to the very first and last songs of k!lla Season, fairly lyrical:

"He Tried To Play Me"
"Love My Life"

Everything in between those two cuts is up in the air.

Cam been chasing dollars.

Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #4
Curtisimo 2 heat pts space
avatar space
GOAT
space
$11,843 | POWERFUL
Well Cam write his own rhymes and has wrote for others Kanye doesn't write own rhymes 40% of the time

And even if that wasnt the case yes Cam is more lyrical than Kanye from a technical standpoint.

But ya know Cam's motto

"I'm a buisness man I ain't trying to be lyrical"
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #5
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
fu*k Lupe, Boycott Lupe
space
$18,242 | POWERFUL
Curtisimo said:
Well Cam write his own rhymes and has wrote for others Kanye doesn't write own rhymes 40% of the time

And even if that wasnt the case yes Cam is more lyrical than Kanye from a technical standpoint.

But ya know Cam's motto

"I'm a buisness man I ain't trying to be lyrical"
so whoa if doesnt write 40% of his rhymes his first 3 albums were mainly ghost written?
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #6
Curtisimo 2 heat pts space
avatar space
GOAT
space
$11,843 | POWERFUL
Rhymefest wrote Jesus's walks

Consequence name is actually on the song credits he has written for Kanye from College dropout to 808's

But I would a.ssume there are Some records he ain't get credit for

Point blank I can't point out which song Kanye has exclusively written the lyrics by himself

So really it's hard for me to call him lyrical when he has songs where he had people wrote all the lyrics for ie;

Everything I am is the most lyrical track IMO on Graduation but consequence wrote all of the lyrics to that
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #7
Ant McQueen 10 heat pts10 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$9,334 | POWERFUL
kiddrocay said:
so whoa if doesnt write 40% of his rhymes his first 3 albums were mainly ghost written?
Not true at all. Cats have taken a statement that Consequence made and turned it into something bigger than what it actually is.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #8
Norcal 77 heat pts77 space
avatar space
Can I Live?
space
$11,172 | POWERFUL
kiddrocay said:
cam'ron is the most overrated rapper on boxden

I dont understand why hes called the goat and sometimes people say the number one rapper from ny

imo cam is borderline garbage

Kanye may not be the most lyrical but back in the day he was cool with it, very different.

on top of that he knew how to make songs that stuck out.
I agree with everything except the bolded
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - on now - #9
Root Of Evil 54 heat pts54 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$11,649 | POWERFUL
both are top 10 now delete this wack thread
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #10
Curtisimo 2 heat pts space
avatar space
GOAT
space
$11,843 | POWERFUL
Ant McQueen said:
Not true at all. Cats have taken a statement that Consequence made and turned it into something bigger than what it actually is.
Umm no its a fact Kanye has has people write songs for him and even made beats for him


Maybe 40% is an exaguration and Kanye does write most of his rhymes and sometimes he just use writer for "help" but its a fact that he has had songs like Jesus Walks, Everything I am, paranoid,etc totally written by somebody else
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #11
Ant McQueen 10 heat pts10 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$9,334 | POWERFUL
Curtisimo said:
Umm no its a fact Kanye has has people write songs for him and even made beats for him


Maybe 40% is an exaguration and Kanye does write most of his rhymes and sometimes he just use writer for "help" but its a fact that he has had songs like Jesus Walks, Everything I am, paranoid,etc totally written by somebody else
Jesus Walks wasn't entirely written by someone else. Rhymefest was on the original version of the song with Kanye. Even though he's not featured on the album version Kanye still credited him as a writer.

Everything I Am wasn't written by someone else... it's actually a mix and match of old Kanye songs. One of the songs being Is That Your Car.

Cudi wrote the hook (and performed it on the album version) for Paranoid, but he didn't write the verses.

I have physical copies of all of his albums with the credits and what not.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #12
Playa 70 heat pts70 space
avatar space
The One
space
$22,640 | POWERFUL
As a fan, I must admit that Camron gets overrated as a str8 up spitter. Other rappers that deserve the recognition don't get it becaase people are biased.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #13
Gm0ney85 8 heat pts space
avatar space
Am I My Brothers Keeper
space
$12,909 | POWERFUL
cam was nice during those horse and carriage days..

but then in those early 2000's he was str8 a.ss...

and he remains a.ss.. not lyrical one bit.. repeats his self too much..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '13 - away - #14
HipHopFactz 239 heat pts239 space
avatar space
fu*k Boy NO1
space
$20,890 | POWERFUL
Cam writes his own lyrics

Also Cam invented a style of rappin which everyone jacked at some point
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #15
Kreemy 5 heat pts space
avatar space
Yeezus
space
$1,377 | 12643098
Curtisimo said:
Rhymefest wrote Jesus's walks

Consequence name is actually on the song credits he has written for Kanye from College dropout to 808's

But I would a.ssume there are Some records he ain't get credit for

Point blank I can't point out which song Kanye has exclusively written the lyrics by himself

So really it's hard for me to call him lyrical when he has songs where he had people wrote all the lyrics for ie;

Everything I am is the most lyrical track IMO on Graduation but consequence wrote all of the lyrics to that
Jesus Walks was a RF song until Kanye bought it from him, Kanye rewrote the first and third verses and kept Fest's second verse.

Cons wasn't anywhere on Graduation, Kanye had Big Sean (as a new signee) help co-write certain tracks like Champion. Kanye writes the majority of his lyrics.

Don't speak on topics you aren't educated on.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #16
KING JAYY 364 heat pts364 space
avatar space
2001,2003,2004,2014......
space
$38,023 | POWERFUL
kiddrocay said:
cam'ron is the most overrated rapper on boxden

I dont understand why hes called the goat and sometimes people say the number one rapper from ny

imo cam is borderline garbage

Kanye may not be the most lyrical but back in the day he was cool with it, very different.

on top of that he knew how to make songs that stuck out.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #17
Curtisimo 2 heat pts space
avatar space
GOAT
space
$11,843 | POWERFUL
Kreemy said:
Jesus Walks was a RF song until Kanye bought it from him, Kanye rewrote the first and third verses and kept Fest's second verse.

Cons wasn't anywhere on Graduation, Kanye had Big Sean (as a new signee) help co-write certain tracks like Champion. Kanye writes the majority of his lyrics.

Don't speak on topics you aren't educated on.
Ok I went overboard with ghost writing to make a point but how does that change that Kanye still has had and lyrics and verses written for him

Cam ghost wrote for people while Kanye had "ghost" writers

Yet Kanye's more lyrical?
Ok
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #18
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,314 | 10590172
Cam sh*ts on Kanye as an MC.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #19
Kreemy 5 heat pts space
avatar space
Yeezus
space
$1,377 | 12643098
Curtisimo said:
Ok I went overboard with ghost writing to make a point but how does that change that Kanye still has had and lyrics and verses written for him

Cam ghost wrote for people while Kanye had "ghost" writers

Yet Kanye's more lyrical?
Ok
I'm not agreeing with the TS, just that people take Kanye not writing his lyrics too far.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #20
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32 space
avatar space
Realist n*gga On Here ^
space
$5,164 | POWERFUL
Kanye is lyrical but I wouldnt consider him a lyricist cuz a lyricist would never have anyone write an entire verse for them.



N Cam is the greatest rapper to ever come out of Harlem not NY as a whole but then again who's really there to argue against him?!?
Reply With Quote
 
Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot
  
    
          join bx

 


that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
53 viewing
Image inside When Asking Internet Forum Photoshop Guru's For Help Goes Wrong (BX Gu..
78 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
36 viewing
Video inside Well Damn! Real Evidence Virginia Shooting Was A HOAX!!!
443 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
30 viewing
Video inside 50 Cent Threatens To Break French Montana's Jaw
169 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
NFL Redskins plan to name Kirk Cousins week1 starter
138 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Video inside Bruh that Howard Stern and Eazy interview was out of control
96 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Article inside Zac Efron's We Are Your Friends Worst Opening Of All Time In 2,000+ T..
39 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Video inside Aug 29 - Black Woman in Psych Ward 8 Days - Couldn’t Believe She’s Busi..
45 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
12 viewing
OT Jamaica womens 4x400m team upsets Team USA
91 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time