This is BX @ Boxden.com

Slim Thug vs Lil Flip

Poll results - Who is better than the other (Not meaning they good)
Slim Thug 13 59.09%
Lil Flip 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only) [Click here to become a member]

Slim Thug vs Lil Flip
Arrow topic by logicalkid - 05-27-2005, 07:23 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

They both kinda wack imo but Lil Flip is dissing Slim in a recently recorded track.

www.sohh.com

After buzzing Down South, Slim Thug is ready to take his hype nationwide. In this SOHH.com exclusive, Slim speaks on setbacks, G-Unit comparisons and Lil Flip's hoe tendencies.
Slim Thug's national buzz began after dropping the Neptunes-produced "Like A Boss" earlier this year. Just when the single began climbing video countdowns, the Houston rapper's buzz heightened courtesy of his appearance alongside Paul Wall on Mike Jones' "Still Tippin." Yet, several months later, Slim's debut has yet to drop and has been pushed back numerous times.
"We had to go in the studio to re-do sh!t. It [the album] got bootlegged, so we ain't wanna put out the same record. The fourth quarter got in the way then. I'm over at Interscope, so Game was coming out in January and 50 [Cent] was supposed to come in February, so I ain't wanna drop when Game and 50 drop," Slim told SOHH.com. "50 even told me out of his own mouth he feel like the people at Interscope can only focus on one project at one time. 50 cent's sh!t got pushed back to March, so I had to wait on that sh!t. Then Star Trak and Geffen, they go back and forth on decisions they wanna make. It's just a failure to communicate. Now we finally sat down and got everything together and we're set for July 12th."
Upon hearing the title of his debut, Already Platinum, heads quickly labeled Slim as pretentious. Though the self-proclaimed boss says he amassed wealth with independent sales, he felt a major label would allow him to take his music pass the South.
"I was k!lling it down here, but being an artist you want the TV look too. You gotta look at it; my market was Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Louisiana and I'm going to seven, eight motherf#@$in' cities every weekend. Eventually the sh!t gon get old to a point where the price is gon have to go cheaper or something like that," Slim explained. "The only way I saw myself k!lling it for so long was to expand my career and go different places and take it to a further level. So I got with a major label and I still can do all the independent sh!t I was doing before. I'm just putting out my solo record out through [Geffen]."
Since inking with Star Trak/Geffen, Interscope Chairman Jimmy Iovine has repeatedly called Slim and his Boss Hogg Outlaws the G-Unit of the South --a comparison Slim welcomes with open arms.
"It's appreciated; 50 k!lling them and sh!t. We came up the same way. 50 was doing the mixtape sh!t then he got a deal. I was doing the mixtape sh!t and got a deal," Slim offered. "I got a gang of ni99as with me who [are] known too and who [are] hot. It's the same thing, but in a different region."
Besides G-Unit, Slim has also drawn comparisons to Lil Flip, mainly because the two share braids, height, a light complexion and the same hometown of Houston. Yet, according to Slim, the two are "nothing alike." In fact, Slim claims Flip took shots at him on Z-Ro's recently released "From The South," which also features Paul Wall.
"I don't f#@$ with Flip. Him and this dude named Z-Ro [got a song] and he shooting a slug at me on the song saying, ni99as thinking they made it before they album dropped/ When they album flop/ They might be signed to Koch.' Somebody had said that I had a CD out saying, f#@$ Flip,'" Slim revealed to SOHH.com. "I ain't never do that sh!t, but now it's in the streets. It's too late. I ain't really trying to talk about it. I ain't trying to hear no, my fault, my bad.' I'm a fa sho come back. A lot of people are saying that Flip shooting slugs at Paul Wall too. He was mad at Paul Wall cause he was cool with T.I. when their whole little beef sh!t was going on. He on some real gay sh!t. He a cake for real. He a hoe a$s ni99a."
Slim Thug's Already Platinum featuring production by The Neptunes, Sha Money XL, Cool and Dre and Jazze Pha is set to hit stores July 12th.

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

10 comments for "Slim Thug vs Lil Flip"

05-27-2005, 09:17 AMaway - #2
MainEv3nt|M 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$20,908 | POWERFUL
is this battle of whos worse or wha
 05-27-2005, 09:22 AMaway - #3
gngstr357 

d 
space
$1,348 | 136291
id still rather listen to flip then slim thug
flip simple
slim boring
 05-27-2005, 09:33 AMaway - #4
YoungAbstract34 

d 
space
$61 | 60
I don't really give a fu#k about these two, their both wack as hell, but with that saying, Lil flip made that wack a$s song sunshine, so slim must be better than that sh#t.
 05-27-2005, 11:37 AMaway - #5
markus1127 

d 
space
$2,421 | 2153852
houston wack period minus- scarface
 05-27-2005, 11:51 AMaway - #6
htown 

d 
space
$2,373 | 7015399
Originally Posted by markus1127

we don't have half the talent as pontiac
 05-27-2005, 12:07 PMaway - #7
tru_gangsta 

d 
space
$337 | 2556
lil flip is wack. the only thing he spit is nursery rhymes.
 05-27-2005, 12:14 PMaway - #8
Da Truth Spitta 

d 
space
$1,410 | 335473
I'm going to go with Slim Thug, just because the Neptunes are producing for him and I love hearing him screwed & chopped. (Listen to "Still Tippin'" (S&C))
 05-27-2005, 12:14 PMaway - #9
inthought 

d 
space
$3,198 | 2020579

What bout Chamillionare, Paul Wall, Z-Ro? They not no Jigga or Eminem or nutin, but they is most def. no wack homie....
 05-27-2005, 01:38 PMaway - #10
Ant810 

d 
space
$160 | 109014
They both wack but Flip is better.
 05-27-2005, 01:46 PMaway - #11
Mysonne 1 heat pts

d 
space
$14,815 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by htown
we don't have half the talent as pontiac
Bahahahahahah

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Wow...homegirl really does look like Beyonce
56 comments
Image inside  Rosie Perez on Soul Train 1980s
54 comments
Video inside  Dragon Ball Z coming back to TV, first promo trailer
52 comments
 Video inside Baby Comes Out Of The Closet In Front Of Live Audience...
New reply 2 seconds ago - 145 comments - by polorsport2345
  Rank These Five With No Bias Just Pure Music And Skill
New reply 2 minutes ago - 216 comments - by Chalky
  Encounters With Rappers / Did A Rapper Grow Up In You...
New reply 27 seconds ago - 169 comments - by Supreme90
 Image(s) inside Oct 19 - Ga Teen Forced To Ground At Gunpoint For Seat...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 51 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NFL So Rg3 Just Lost His Job...
New reply 38 seconds ago - 53 comments - by Sphynx
 Image(s) inside Tyga,24 & Kylie Jenner ,17 Spotted In France
New reply 4 minutes ago - 154 comments - by Carlton Black
  Dumbest Hip-hop Related Article In History: Rappers Re...
New reply 1 minute ago - 76 comments - by KleanKutt100
 NBA Will Kobe Finally Make It Out The First Round W/o Havi...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 109 comments - by TalonPayne921

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,828 fans of BX | none new today 4,790 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.