This is BX @ Boxden.com

Sep 9 - Voletta Wallace Says Puffy & Lil Kim Used Biggie To Further Their Own Careers

Sep 9 - Voletta Wallace Says Puffy & Lil Kim Used Biggie To Further Their Own Careers
topic by 8 OFF - 09-09-2005, 02:56 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

The mother of murd3red hip-hop star Notorious B.I.G. - gunned down in 1997, presumably by rival rappers - savages Sean (Diddy) Combs and Lil' Kim in a soon-to-be-published memoir.

In "Biggie: Voletta Wallace Remembers Her Son," due out Oct. 25 from Simon & Schuster's Atria books, Wallace alleges that Combs - who signed Biggie to his Bad Boy record label in the 1990s - and Kim, Biggie's sometime lover, both used him to further their own careers.

"I'm glad my son does not have to witness that the very people that he thought he could ride and die with wouldn't think twice about using his mother," Wallace writes about her late son Christopher, Combs and Kimberly Jones. "I am glad that he's not here to see how they have used his image and his name."

She adds: "I believe Sean loved my son - after he was dead. I used to tell Christopher all the time not to trust Sean."

Ever since Biggie's de@th, Combs has regularly invoked his memory, as he did weeks ago when he performed an elaborate tribute at the MTV Video Music Awards in Miami.

Wallace accuses Lil' Kim of pilfering her New Jersey home after she let her use it for a magazine interview.

When the magazine hit the stands, "The first picture I saw was Kim wearing my son's mink coat, holding his chain and wearing his hat. I was in shock," Wallace writes. "I felt violated."

Wallace continues: "I read the entire article and learned that not only was Kim wearing things belonging to my son, but she claimed that the home belonged to her as well. This experience helped me draw my own opinions about Kim. And they weren't good."

PR reps for both Diddy and Kim were mum yesterday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-294285c.html

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

62 comments for "Sep 9 - Voletta Wallace Says Puffy & Lil Kim Used Biggie To Further Their Own Careers"

09-09-2005, 03:01 PMaway - #2
Profitcy 7 heat pts

d 
space
$3,111 | 14488046
are u f*ckin kiding me....n e 1 who think p.diddy got famous because of his 'talent' needa shoot they self in tha head right now...
 09-09-2005, 03:02 PMaway - #3
Professa 

d 
space
$1,910 | 1110341
yes i agree to an extent...i truly think Puffy and Biggie were friends but they were more business partners than close friends..as for Lil Kim she definately used him.
 09-09-2005, 03:03 PMaway - #4
R. Joven 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$5,060 | POWERFUL
BIG lived in the town next to me in Jersey...
 09-09-2005, 03:06 PMaway - #5
BpWally 

d 
space
$884 | 2661368
Originally Posted by R. Joven
BIG lived in the town next to me in Jersey...

See if you can use that to advance your career :)
 09-09-2005, 03:07 PMaway - #6
JYoungworld1203 

d 
space
$492 | 424910
understatement of the decade
 09-09-2005, 04:11 PMaway - #7
aplus|M 

d 
space
$4,347 | 4651617
uh, duh.
 09-09-2005, 04:19 PM - #8
bigdut1213 

d 
space
$n/a |
Originally Posted by aplus
uh, duh.
 09-09-2005, 04:27 PMaway - #9
youngTRACE817 

d 
space
$465 | 858491
somewhat of that is true,but remember diddy was the force behind some of the biggest hits in hip hop......he did produce mary j's first album....which was a smash.
 09-09-2005, 04:31 PMaway - #10
PaineBishop 

d 
space
$1,172 | 1041988
I always thought this was obvious
 09-09-2005, 04:43 PM - #11
IZZO 

d 
space
$n/a |
ya this was clear as day....
 09-09-2005, 04:45 PMaway - #12
OG T Gutta N|M 6 heat pts

d 
space
$6,251 | POWERFUL
Diddy was know before Big, Kim was part of Bigs crew he de@th just made them more known, nothing they did to make that happen.
 09-09-2005, 04:47 PMaway - #13
XxTuRb04xX 

d 
space
$806 | 109692
Originally Posted by BpWally
See if you can use that to advance your career :)
ahahahahahahahahaha
 09-09-2005, 04:52 PMaway - #14
Kingbee1979 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,353 | 2255272
This is so Dumb Ms. Wallace is sooo Unhappy Since BIG Died.... Lashing Out at Everyone.... She should have gained control of BIG's legacy like 2Pacs Mom Did.... and she mad cuz Puffy "exploited" BIG.... She should have done it herself.... She Let PUFF so Why Cry Now????

And tha fact that she mad Cuz KIM was wearin one of Bigz Furs and His Hat in a magazine......BIG DEAL?? it was an Article. WTF he was the EXECUTIVE Producer of her Album and Tha B!TCh cant Mourn him too?? Ms Wallace need sum Help Seriously. K.I.M. just tryin to keep his name alive... She was His QUEEN bi#ch... The Big MAMA Lieutenant of JM.
 09-09-2005, 04:54 PMaway - #15
thegod 

d 
space
$1,310 | 906225
^^Yeah, the sh#t has been obvious, i think this is just the first time that someone is speaking on it who is close to the situation.

I was watching the VMA's and was like, WTF is up with Puff and this BIG tribute. It was like it came out of know where. It wasnt his B-Day, or the anniversary of his de@th or anything like that so i aint understand what the point was. Puff stay doing stuff like that, and its hard to tell for whose benefit. Nothing wrong with remembering BIG, but Diddy is starting to overdue it. Just saying some words would mean more than the big a$s theatrical sh#t he did at the VMA's. Bad Boy aint bout sh#t nowadays so he has to keep his most succesful artist in his mouth all the time like he's promoting B.I.G instead of remembering him.

Puff is all about the money. He uses you and then kicks you to the curb when u aint making him any money. Look at how many of his artist dropped 1 album and then are never heard from again, atleast on bad boy. He is all about himself.

If that sh#t about Kim is true, her going to her house and putting on her sons clothes, then fronting like the crib is hers, thats some fu#ked up sh#t right there. Dude is dead, and they just keep using him as their personal stepping stone. Jay was closer to him than those two fools and he shouts him out on records here and there, and thats enough.

sh#t is funny. Puff is one of the most famous ni##as in the hip-hop game, and for what. ni##a has no talent and pretty much admits that he dont write his own rhymes, like we needed him to tell us anyway. He is who he is b/c of Biggie and sharing the spotlight wit him by always being in his videos like he does today. He keeps using B.I.G's name to further his career now that B.I.G is past. I cant really blame Ms. Wallace for speaking out on this, sh#t is obvious.
 09-09-2005, 05:02 PMaway - #16
Franchize 

d 
space
$90 | 1235
I think it's straight bull$hit. It's the industry! Everyone uses everyone. Diddy is keeping BIG alive! He never let's Big's reign die. You don't see anybody doing that for Pac and you don't see Joe doing it for Pun. It's possible that he was using BIG, but so what. This is what happens in the entertainment industry. People use each other to get where they're going. She needs to stop frontin' and standing next to Diddy whenever he's biggin' up Biggie.

Whatever man.
 09-09-2005, 05:08 PMaway - #17
thegod 

d 
space
$1,310 | 906225
Originally Posted by Franchize
I think it's straight bull$hit. It's the industry! Everyone uses everyone. Diddy is keeping BIG alive! He never let's Big's reign die. You don't see anybody doing that for Pac and you don't see Joe doing it for Pun. It's possible that he was using BIG, but so what. This is what happens in the entertainment industry. People use each other to get where they're going. She needs to stop frontin' and standing next to Diddy whenever he's biggin' up Biggie.

Whatever man.
Actually, i cant count how many artist pay respect to Pac in a verse in the songs. From jay, to nas, to dipset, Foxy Brown, etc. Plenty of ppl. Nobody over does it super big at award shows like Diddy. If thats what you mean by keeping someone alive, then yeah, no one does that for Pac. They dont have to. Mad artists paying him respect on their songs or in an interview calling him an inspiration means more than ONE person shouting him out on stage with be theatrical sh#t like Diddy always does for BIG.
 09-09-2005, 05:09 PMaway - #18
SuNsHiNe_BLuE 

d 
space
$5,406 | 2234522
It's a well-known fact that diddy & kim AND ceas all been capitalizing on BIG's de@th from jump...and it's di$gusting...there should come a point in hiphop where MONEY ends and MORALITY begins...they need to try and find that line and not cross it - regardless, he was still a person and still someone's father, son, cousin, etc...sh#t's just fu#ked up to me
 09-09-2005, 05:10 PMaway - #19
1gor 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,358 | 2326322

puffy d. daddy diddy k!lled BIG...

i always hated that rat fu#k...(p)
Big's whole catalogue would be better if puff wouldn't be yapping in the background....
 09-09-2005, 05:27 PMaway - #20
wcusteve120 

d 
space
$880 | 88895
Yo Puffy is keeping Bigs name in the streets and jay z does the same sh#t. I look at it like its showin love for there brother. Granted Puffy's sucess in part was because of biggies de@th. But people need to stop hatin on puff. He really aint makin money off his tributes. Everybody should keep reppin Biggies name.

B.I.G. forever

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  J.Coles fiancĂ©e
101 comments
Image inside  Walmart's pre-Black Friday sale kicks off tomorrow
54 comments
Article inside  PSN Hacked Again
52 comments
 Image(s) inside Nov 20 - Florida Nurse Says Bill Cosby Drugged And Rap...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 76 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Kobe Humiliates, Disrespects, And Sons 😂james ...
New reply 46 minutes ago - 80 comments - by lefthookright
 Image(s) inside Quavo Got Two Brand New Yrn Chains
New reply 4 minutes ago - 136 comments - by JNumbaNC
  Chief Keef Defends Bill Cosby Amid Rape Allegations: ‘...
New reply 1 hour ago - 60 comments - by La Flare
 NFL [throwback] T.o. Celebrates On The Reverse Cowgirls St...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 68 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
  Wendy Day (industry Insider) Say Birdman Was Forced To...
New reply 1 hour ago - 89 comments - by CheebaHawk21
 NFL Adrian Peterson On The Vikings: 'maybe It’s Best For M...
New reply 41 minutes ago - 94 comments - by Michael 1987
 Video inside Murda Mook And Dame Dash Call Out Drake For 15 Million
New reply 1 hour ago - 70 comments - by trill jackson

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,858 fans of BX | none new today 4,808 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.