Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
117 viewing
 They saying Drake brought out AR-AB, Cassidy, Will Smith wearing rip meek mi..
40 comments
most viewed right now
111 viewing
 Image inside Meek On Stage With Nicki Simpin' He Def Doesn't Have The Same Arroganc..
48 comments

top in section
89 viewing
 This dude Drake dubbed his hometown "the 6" when QM was talking about Atlanta
top in hiphop
top in section
64 viewing
 MMA Brazilian Guy hits on Ronda Rousey and asks if she's ever been with a Blac..
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor
Unread 10 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
2246 pageviews
1 comments

Bloodline213  space
The Champ Is Here
space
$1,438 | 911051
Hip-Hop veteran Roxanne Shante is all about the ice, but not the diamonds that are draping a lot of emcees necks; she's all about the ice cream and has opened “Hip-Hop Ices,” a new ice cream parlor in Jamaica, Queens.

Hip Hop Ices located at 153-33 Hillside Avenue, will serve as the flagship location for the business, which will open shop in Atlanta as well as on the West coast.

"A lot of artists are talking about keeping it real and what they are going to do in the community, well I am doing it with Hip-Hop Ices," Shante told AllHipHop.com " I have made sure that Hip-Hop Ices not only serves as a place where kids come to relax, but also receive knowledge from various the workshops we hold."

Shante, who runs a psychology practice in New York, explained that she shows kids the value of hard work.

“I only employ high school students,” Shante said. “I want to make sure that this is not only a job, but that they learn how to enterprise. The students that work for me play a role in scheduling, budgeting and ordering."

Hip-Hop Ices is also lined up with support from corporate sponsors that help with giveaways and contests.

“We are located near the largest high schools in each city, so students who are in high school can receive Ice Cream sneakers, clothes and stuff through a raffle they get for getting good grades,” Shante revealed.

And because Hip-Hop is so popular, the parlors also hold workshops and seminars that help hopefuls avoid the pitfalls of the music industry.

Shante, who started in the music business at the age of 14 as a member of Marley Marl’s legendary Juice Crew, quit the music business due to industry politics.

“They learn about royalties and contracts; because who better to teach them about royalties and recouping than me.," Shante said. " I could have started a clothing line or a jewelry line, but I chose to do this because it's not about making money to me, it's about making a difference."

1 comments for "Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #2
Aquariuzzz  space
Ordinary Negro
space
$203 | 269
Positive thing, ill note this and hopefully, next time im in new york, ill def. hit up queens and visit this joint.

I hope this shop last a long times, other rappers have done this before but some sh*t always happens.

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
63 viewing
Well damn, Potent dj drama/meek/drake tea via lipstickalley
444 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
18 viewing
NBA RIP to Stanley Johnson mom
73 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Image inside OVOFest The Official Potential Meek Mill Burial Anticipation Thread 8/..
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
15 viewing
JT Bigga Figga Coming at Birdman Niggas Neck
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Article inside ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Reviews Are In, ’The Avengers’ Of Rap Biopics
129 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside What would you choose for life?.... Choose wisely
164 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Video inside She Went Off: Mom Catches Her 14 Year Old Daughter With A 21 Year Old!
99 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Real Talk If Meek The Realst One In The Beef , Why He Catching So Much Hate....
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside Aug 1 - CEO who set firm's minimum wage at $70,000 hits hard times
86 comments
@news

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time