Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
164 viewing
 Warning I am a very basic female..But what is your first thought.
58 comments
most viewed right now
156 viewing
 BOX Floyd Manny size comparison
36 comments

top in section
38 viewing
 Image inside Boxden I need this smiley ASAP
top in wild'ish
top in section
18 viewing
 NBA Diehard warrior fan falls asleep??
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor
Unread 10 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
2201 pageviews
1 comments

Bloodline213  space
The Champ Is Here
space
$1,438 | 911051
Hip-Hop veteran Roxanne Shante is all about the ice, but not the diamonds that are draping a lot of emcees necks; she's all about the ice cream and has opened “Hip-Hop Ices,” a new ice cream parlor in Jamaica, Queens.

Hip Hop Ices located at 153-33 Hillside Avenue, will serve as the flagship location for the business, which will open shop in Atlanta as well as on the West coast.

"A lot of artists are talking about keeping it real and what they are going to do in the community, well I am doing it with Hip-Hop Ices," Shante told AllHipHop.com " I have made sure that Hip-Hop Ices not only serves as a place where kids come to relax, but also receive knowledge from various the workshops we hold."

Shante, who runs a psychology practice in New York, explained that she shows kids the value of hard work.

“I only employ high school students,” Shante said. “I want to make sure that this is not only a job, but that they learn how to enterprise. The students that work for me play a role in scheduling, budgeting and ordering."

Hip-Hop Ices is also lined up with support from corporate sponsors that help with giveaways and contests.

“We are located near the largest high schools in each city, so students who are in high school can receive Ice Cream sneakers, clothes and stuff through a raffle they get for getting good grades,” Shante revealed.

And because Hip-Hop is so popular, the parlors also hold workshops and seminars that help hopefuls avoid the pitfalls of the music industry.

Shante, who started in the music business at the age of 14 as a member of Marley Marl’s legendary Juice Crew, quit the music business due to industry politics.

“They learn about royalties and contracts; because who better to teach them about royalties and recouping than me.," Shante said. " I could have started a clothing line or a jewelry line, but I chose to do this because it's not about making money to me, it's about making a difference."

1 comments for "Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #2
Aquariuzzz  space
Ordinary Negro
space
$203 | 269
Positive thing, ill note this and hopefully, next time im in new york, ill def. hit up queens and visit this joint.

I hope this shop last a long times, other rappers have done this before but some sh*t always happens.

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
34 viewing
Image inside Meek Mill Really Out Here Cuffin' Literally, I Cant Blame Him Tho' :cr..
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Video inside Katt Williams - Newest Show 2015 FULL
56 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Image inside 50 Cent's baby mama Daphne Joy in Miami
94 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Stan Lee: 'DC, of course, is trying to catch up to Marvel'
132 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Image inside Mom Was Walking Up The Stairs... P0RNHUB decided to freeze!
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Image inside KyLIE JeNNER ROCKS StRING Bikini BEFORE COACHELLA HANGOUT
91 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
15 viewing
NBA Wiz Legend Gilbert Arenas Reacts To Playoff Win
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Video inside Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Trailer
221 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside I'll give the sun The rain The moon The stars and the mountains...
77 comments
@eyecandy

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time