Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
91 viewing
NBA Steph Curry Drops CP3  
125 comments
most viewed right now
71 viewing
Image inside Malaysians shot down a real life DRAGON!!!
32 comments

top in section
43 viewing
 Image inside Godfather Girth shows off amazing physique (Rare Quee..
top in hiphop
top in section
37 viewing
 Mar 31 - The Rich Don't Work Anymore—Working Is for Poor People
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor
Unread 05-01-2005, 07:03 AMJoined Jul 2004 - away - #1
2195 pageviews
1 comments

Bloodline213  space
The Champ Is Here
space
$1,438 | 911051
Hip-Hop veteran Roxanne Shante is all about the ice, but not the diamonds that are draping a lot of emcees necks; she's all about the ice cream and has opened “Hip-Hop Ices,” a new ice cream parlor in Jamaica, Queens.

Hip Hop Ices located at 153-33 Hillside Avenue, will serve as the flagship location for the business, which will open shop in Atlanta as well as on the West coast.

"A lot of artists are talking about keeping it real and what they are going to do in the community, well I am doing it with Hip-Hop Ices," Shante told AllHipHop.com " I have made sure that Hip-Hop Ices not only serves as a place where kids come to relax, but also receive knowledge from various the workshops we hold."

Shante, who runs a psychology practice in New York, explained that she shows kids the value of hard work.

“I only employ high school students,” Shante said. “I want to make sure that this is not only a job, but that they learn how to enterprise. The students that work for me play a role in scheduling, budgeting and ordering."

Hip-Hop Ices is also lined up with support from corporate sponsors that help with giveaways and contests.

“We are located near the largest high schools in each city, so students who are in high school can receive Ice Cream sneakers, clothes and stuff through a raffle they get for getting good grades,” Shante revealed.

And because Hip-Hop is so popular, the parlors also hold workshops and seminars that help hopefuls avoid the pitfalls of the music industry.

Shante, who started in the music business at the age of 14 as a member of Marley Marl’s legendary Juice Crew, quit the music business due to industry politics.

“They learn about royalties and contracts; because who better to teach them about royalties and recouping than me.," Shante said. " I could have started a clothing line or a jewelry line, but I chose to do this because it's not about making money to me, it's about making a difference."

1 comments for "Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 05-01-2005, 03:21 PMJoined Mar 2005 - away - #2
Aquariuzzz  space
Ordinary Negro
space
$203 | 269
Positive thing, ill note this and hopefully, next time im in new york, ill def. hit up queens and visit this joint.

I hope this shop last a long times, other rappers have done this before but some sh*t always happens.

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
210 viewing
Image inside The Clinton Body Count  
76 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
43 viewing
Image inside Augusta native Cortez Berry is NOT enjoying his st..
109 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Image inside Afro Perm: Asian People With Kinky Hairstyles
100 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
16 viewing
BOX Ms. Parker from Friday: "I Like Floyd Mayweather Jr."
115 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside Mar 30 - Idiot Frat Dude Celebrates Spring Break By..
32 comments
@news
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Article inside Katy Perry asked that the trash be removed from t..
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Image inside how you feel bout Dej Loaf?  
97 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Image inside Troy ave speaks on these instagram thots
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Look What Fab Done Started... Proud Employees
144 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time