Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
195 viewing
 NBA Baron Davis out here giving no fu-ks
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
151 viewing
 Image inside Jae Millz Begging Smack For A Battle On URL, Smack Tells Him He's Not ..
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
141 viewing
Rick Ross Admits That Meek Mill Lost To Drake On "Foreclosures"
139 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
118 viewing
Image inside Damn Drizzy, The Hood Aint fu-king With That Back 2 Back Record
502 comments
@hiphop
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Roxanne Shante Opening 'Hip-Hop Ices' Ice Cream Parlor
Unread 10 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
2251 pageviews
1 comments

Bloodline213  space
The Champ Is Here
space
$1,438 | 911051
Hip-Hop veteran Roxanne Shante is all about the ice, but not the diamonds that are draping a lot of emcees necks; she's all about the ice cream and has opened “Hip-Hop Ices,” a new ice cream parlor in Jamaica, Queens.

Hip Hop Ices located at 153-33 Hillside Avenue, will serve as the flagship location for the business, which will open shop in Atlanta as well as on the West coast.

"A lot of artists are talking about keeping it real and what they are going to do in the community, well I am doing it with Hip-Hop Ices," Shante told AllHipHop.com " I have made sure that Hip-Hop Ices not only serves as a place where kids come to relax, but also receive knowledge from various the workshops we hold."

Shante, who runs a psychology practice in New York, explained that she shows kids the value of hard work.

“I only employ high school students,” Shante said. “I want to make sure that this is not only a job, but that they learn how to enterprise. The students that work for me play a role in scheduling, budgeting and ordering."

Hip-Hop Ices is also lined up with support from corporate sponsors that help with giveaways and contests.

“We are located near the largest high schools in each city, so students who are in high school can receive Ice Cream sneakers, clothes and stuff through a raffle they get for getting good grades,” Shante revealed.

And because Hip-Hop is so popular, the parlors also hold workshops and seminars that help hopefuls avoid the pitfalls of the music industry.

Shante, who started in the music business at the age of 14 as a member of Marley Marl’s legendary Juice Crew, quit the music business due to industry politics.

“They learn about royalties and contracts; because who better to teach them about royalties and recouping than me.," Shante said. " I could have started a clothing line or a jewelry line, but I chose to do this because it's not about making money to me, it's about making a difference."

top in section
34 viewing
 Video inside BREAKING! Another Massive Chemical Explosion in China
39 comments
top in wild'ish/24hrs
top in section
61 viewing
 Image inside Aug 31 - Lonely life of Roberto Esquivel Cabrera, the man with the world’s longest pen1s
33 comments
top in news/24hrs

Unread 10 years agoclass of '05 - away - #2
Aquariuzzz  space
Ordinary Negro
space
$203 | 269
Positive thing, ill note this and hopefully, next time im in new york, ill def. hit up queens and visit this joint.

I hope this shop last a long times, other rappers have done this before but some sh*t always happens.

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
45 viewing
Image inside I wanna go home with two or three girls!
12 comments
1 day ago
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
43 viewing
Video inside EAZY-E SONNING DAZ N KURUPT & mich'ele :mjlol:
50 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
39 viewing
Video inside When you support your girl even when she wont even look at you...
266 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Aug 30 - Scienctists Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death
306 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Video inside Well Damn! Real Evidence Virginia Shooting Was A HOAX!!!
667 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Kanye West gives mad akward but legendary speech
213 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
24 viewing
So we gon act like the VMA's wasn't pushing the agenda tonight
412 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
18 viewing
BOX Sugar Shane puts Mayorga to sleep
48 comments
1 day ago
@sports
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time