This is BX @ Boxden.com


Riff Raff Responds to ‘Spring Breakers’ Controversy


 Riff Raff Responds to ‘Spring Breakers’ Controversy
topic by SM - 01-22-2013, 09:14 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot



Last week, XXL interviewed Gucci Mane about his role in the upcoming film ‘Spring Breakers.’ When asked to speak on rumors that James Franco’s character in the film was based on Houston rapper Riff Raff, Gucci shot down the claim, a$serting ‘That’s absolutely false.” Franco issued similar statements in an interview with GQ last May, stating that the character’s biggest influence came from a Florida rapper named Dangerous. To make the situation even more unclear, Riff has been seen with the film’s director, Harmony Korine, on several occasions since the rumors began circulating, even recently appearing together on the cover of SNEEZE magazine. Over the weekend, we reached out to Riff Raff to get his thoughts on Gucci’s recent remarks. He responded via text with the following statement and photographs:
“YOU CANT BE A WHiTE RAPPER WiTH TATTOOS AND HAVE BRAiDS AND COLORED BEADS WiTH COLORFUL CLOTHES & BE SURROUNDED BY WHiTE GiRLS iN NEON BiKiNis & AN ALiEN TATTOO ON YOUR ARM & GOLD JEWERLY & GOLD GRiLL iN YOUR MOUTH AND NOT EXPECT PEOPLE TO RECOGNiZE RiFF RAFF ……….. THATS LiKE SAYiNG iF YOU SEEN A THiN LiGHT SKiNNED DUDE WiTH A PERFECT JERRY CURL iN A RED & BLACK LEATHER JACKET, A WHiTE GLOVE, AND PATENT LEATHER SHOES MOONWALKiNG BACKWARDS BUT NOT EXPECT FOLKS TO RECOGNiZE MiCHAEL JACKSON HAHAHAHAHA.

*Court Adjourned…Closes Versace Briefcase and rides Segway to the parking lot with 15 tan golden bronze white girls in bikinis and gets in the Hologram Benz with Harmony Korine”

Riff Raff Responds to ‘Spring Breakers’ Controversy | XXL


Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

18 comments for "Riff Raff Responds to ‘Spring Breakers’ Controversy"


 01-22-2013, 09:19 AMaway - #2
Carib Breeze 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$3,980 | POWERFUL
She just want me for my gear

 01-22-2013, 09:22 AMonline - #3
pocketchange 24 heat pts24

  d 
space
$3,575 | 19790748
Real talk.
 01-22-2013, 09:25 AMonline - #4
pocketchange 24 heat pts24

  d 
space
$3,575 | 19790748


This has to be from the movie?
 01-22-2013, 09:33 AMaway - #5
Minister 104 heat pts104

  d 
space
$19,737 | POWERFUL
SPRiNG BREAKERS MOViE DiRECTOR HARMONY KORiNE & RiFF RaFF 43 iNCH VERTiCAL JUMP ! - YouTube

director of sbreakers


this might all be just pub for the movie.


these kids are the biggest disney stars bad as !! nekkid and doing drugs with an oscar winning acclaimed actor
 01-22-2013, 09:34 AMaway - #6
Minister 104 heat pts104

  d 
space
$19,737 | POWERFUL
im still gonna see it n jack off next to my !!


aint vanessa hudgens bieber's !! or suttin?
 01-22-2013, 10:32 AMaway - #7
ice wolf 273 heat pts273

  d 
space
$5,080 | POWERFUL
Gucci's a fool for tryin to play this down
 01-22-2013, 10:42 AMaway - #8
ondareal 

  d 
space
$1,912 | 5026364
It seem pretty obvious to me. Why deny it? Is he askin for a check?
 01-22-2013, 10:55 AMaway - #9
drillmatic 76 heat pts76

  d 
space
$14,300 | POWERFUL
gucci must want to die riff raff aint no macon crip
 01-22-2013, 10:55 AMonline - #10
pocketchange 24 heat pts24

  d 
space
$3,575 | 19790748
Originally Posted by Minister


director of sbreakers


this might all be just pub for the movie.


these kids are the biggest disney stars bad as !! nekkid and doing drugs with an oscar winning acclaimed actor
You're right. There's no telling what deals are on the table behind the scenes.
 01-22-2013, 11:00 AMaway - #11
S0ap 19 heat pts19

  d 
space
$2,165 | POWERFUL
i remember either watching or reading an interview saying that Riff Raff was suppose to be in the movie playing himself, but scheduling conflicts made it fall through.
 01-22-2013, 11:04 AMaway - #12
Mr_GooD_NeWs 25 heat pts25

  d 
space
$8,302 | POWERFUL
"basketball not even needed"



 01-22-2013, 11:12 AMaway - #13
Player 1 19 heat pts19

  d 
space
$19,135 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Carib Breeze
She just want me for my gear

she just want me for m ear
 01-22-2013, 11:16 AMaway - #14
Player 1 19 heat pts19

  d 
space
$19,135 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by S0ap
i remember either watching or reading an interview saying that Riff Raff was suppose to be in the movie playing himself, but scheduling conflicts made it fall through.
Yeah saw the same thing

gucci just a hater
 01-22-2013, 05:54 PMaway - #15
drochild 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,794 | 5106216



Heavy weight, Heart Burn............... Mylanta
 01-22-2013, 06:39 PMaway - #16
GUNIT-FINEST 

  d 
space
$16,245 | POWERFUL
this dude is the truth but when i 1st saw the preview i thought of him
 01-22-2013, 07:27 PMaway - #17
BALLONHOES 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,838 | 8172092
Originally Posted by pocketchange


This has to be from the movie?
lmao why these !! a$s actors pointing guns at each other? !! looks corny as !!...
 01-22-2013, 07:48 PMaway - #18
BALLONHOES 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,838 | 8172092
From a James Franco interview with GQ:

GQ Eye: With regards to your character in the movie, the rapper Riff Raff has said the role you are playing was originally meant for him. Is that true?
James Franco: None of that's true. I'll tell you why he could have never been offered the role. Harmony (Korine, the movie's writer and director) and I were talking about doing a movie together before Spring Breakers was even conceived. I had been a fan of his work and he wanted to do something and I said, "I'll do anything with you." We started discussing ideas and one day he sent me a treatment, which he said he's never done before, just to run it by me. And it was this idea of these girls going on spring break and then they meet up with this guy who leads them into the dark side. And then he wrote the script. So there's no chance Riff Raff could have been offered the role. Of course Harmony and I looked at some of Riff Raff's videos as inspiration, but he was one of a number of people we looked at. I would say the biggest influence on the role was this local Florida rapper named Dangerous. He's fairly unknown, but he was down there in the place, living the life, and he became the biggest model for me and he's in the movie.

GQ Eye: So Riff Raff never sent you some of his clothes to wear like he said?
James Franco: No, never. But if he still wants to send me clothes, he can.

Read More

Riff Raff just talks out of his a$s, can't take anything he says seriously...
 01-22-2013, 08:13 PMaway - #19
Slickems 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,844 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BALLONHOES
From a James Franco interview with GQ:

GQ Eye: With regards to your character in the movie, the rapper Riff Raff has said the role you are playing was originally meant for him. Is that true?
James Franco: None of that's true. I'll tell you why he could have never been offered the role. Harmony (Korine, the movie's writer and director) and I were talking about doing a movie together before Spring Breakers was even conceived. I had been a fan of his work and he wanted to do something and I said, "I'll do anything with you." We started discussing ideas and one day he sent me a treatment, which he said he's never done before, just to run it by me. And it was this idea of these girls going on spring break and then they meet up with this guy who leads them into the dark side. And then he wrote the script. So there's no chance Riff Raff could have been offered the role. Of course Harmony and I looked at some of Riff Raff's videos as inspiration, but he was one of a number of people we looked at. I would say the biggest influence on the role was this local Florida rapper named Dangerous. He's fairly unknown, but he was down there in the place, living the life, and he became the biggest model for me and he's in the movie.

GQ Eye: So Riff Raff never sent you some of his clothes to wear like he said?
James Franco: No, never. But if he still wants to send me clothes, he can.

Read More

Riff Raff just talks out of his a$s, can't take anything he says seriously...
or, James Franco is a hipster douchebag who has to pretend he copied a more obscure rapper, because Riff Raff is too mainstream, even though the character looks, sounds, and acts exactly like Riff Raff.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
MLB Breaking: Yankees Pitcher Michael Pineda Gets Caught for..
59 comments
NBA One Year Ago Today Carmelo Scored 37 Points... (video)
56 comments
NBA James Harden's Last 3 Series
61 comments
 NBA Did The Rocket Trade Kevin Martin For A Younger... Kev...
New reply 9 seconds ago - 81 comments - by TRILL SH1T
 NBA 4x Nba Champion, 3x Finals Mvp, 2x Mvp And A 14x Nba A...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 119 comments - by DominationCM
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 338 comments - by JordanWest86
 NBA Lebron James Gets Throat Chopped :dead: (video)
New reply 15 minutes ago - 81 comments - by italiansteve
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 12 minutes ago - 129 comments - by tre0624
 NFL Merril Hoge: Jadeveon Clowney Is An 'atrocious' Footba...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 67 comments - by all3rd
 NFL Russell Wilson And Wife Divorce
New reply 12 minutes ago - 98 comments - by SeattleWon
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 33 minutes ago - 89 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX | none new today 4,651 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.