This is BX @ Boxden.com

Rappers youd rather make compilations for then listen to their albums?

Rappers youd rather make compilations for then listen to their albums?
topic by MegaTON - 12-28-2012, 02:01 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

I'm kinda picky, but these come to mind off top

1. pac - just not a huge fan of his albums, but overall he has a ton of great songs that i can put on mixes

2. nas - same as with pac, except he probably has less good songs, his production is just terrible in a lot of cases (also has some of the best beats of all time as well > Rappers youd rather make compilations for then listen to their albums? - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below! )

3. jay-z - i like probably 3 or 4 of his albums but bad production, real jiggy commercial tracks and weird guest features kinda plagued his earlier albums, with the exception of rd

4. eminem - his beats are wack as ####, i like his early music/freestyles and a few random songs here and their after eminem show, but overall not a big fan of his albums

5. dmx - his albums are damn near suicidal... that dark depressing, negative music just ain't for me... but a compilation works nicely for dude cuz he's a beast, that damien #### and the religious skits... not for me man...

honorable mentions:
busta rhymes, ras kass, lil wayne, canibus, snoop dogg, kanye west (yall might be mad at me for this but #### it, graduation is his only album i like all the way through and those corny a$s skits on the first 2 albums really #### the vibe up for me)

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

18 comments for "Rappers youd rather make compilations for then listen to their albums?"

12-28-2012, 02:10 AMonline - #2
Thunder035 2 heat pts

d 
space
$215 | 2170145

First!!!! Lol had to do it. Anyways for me 2 chains, tyga, and t-pain. I can only listen to there songs for a lil before they start getting mad annoying

Last edited by Thunder035; 12-28-2012 at 02:12 AM..
 12-28-2012, 02:16 AMaway - #3
WCIB 95 heat pts95

d 
space
$14,503 | POWERFUL
easiest one is LL Cool J. in fact, i made a compilation of his and pretty much got rid of his albums out of itunes. even had my dude make a cover for it.

another one i've dealt with is Ludacris. i like 2 or 3 of his albums, Chicken-N-Beer, Back For The First Time & Word OF Mouf come to mind, but his best of is probably on par with the best rappers of all time in terms of fantastic tracks that he's made IMO. it's quite possible he doesn't have any classic albums...

KRS-One comes to mind... i could listen to a best of by him, but never his albums.

if someone were to make a Scarface best of, i think i could definitely be down for that. i really have to be in a fantastic mood to put on some Scarface even though i love quite a few of his albums.

that's all i can think of. the rest of the artists i listen to, i can hear their albums in their entirety.
 12-28-2012, 10:47 AMaway - #4
MegaTON 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$23,584 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by WCIB
easiest one is LL Cool J. in fact, i made a compilation of his and pretty much got rid of his albums out of itunes. even had my dude make a cover for it.

another one i've dealt with is Ludacris. i like 2 or 3 of his albums, Chicken-N-Beer, Back For The First Time & Word OF Mouf come to mind, but his best of is probably on par with the best rappers of all time in terms of fantastic tracks that he's made IMO. it's quite possible he doesn't have any classic albums...

KRS-One comes to mind... i could listen to a best of by him, but never his albums.

if someone were to make a Scarface best of, i think i could definitely be down for that. i really have to be in a fantastic mood to put on some Scarface even though i love quite a few of his albums.

that's all i can think of. the rest of the artists i listen to, i can hear their albums in their entirety.
oh man, i agree with most of these too - i like krs first 2-3 solo's but after that he got pretty repetitive, his bdp stuff is dope too

agree on the scarface

ludacris - everything u said was on point

ll cool j - i like the mr. smith/14 shots to the dome albums but other than that, a mix works best

i don't listen to 2chainz or tyga, but t-pain has enough bangers out that a mix would work for him as well, his albums are usually really long
 12-28-2012, 12:20 PMaway - #5
Barge 

d 
space
$1,617 | 4995732
Originally Posted by WCIB

WCIB you my ni##a, but I thought I already told you Back For The First Time was his classic
 12-28-2012, 12:22 PMaway - #6
Satire 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,197 | POWERFUL
Luda instantly came to mind
 12-28-2012, 12:27 PMaway - #7
WCIB 95 heat pts95

d 
space
$14,503 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Barge
WCIB you my ni##a, but I thought I already told you Back For The First Time was his classic
Oh #### I do remember that. That's still up in the air for me. I'm on the side still.
 12-28-2012, 12:41 PMaway - #8
RageSupreme 

d 
space
$14 | 15594
Doom, Snoop, Cole, Outkast, Budden, Clipse, Jeezy, 50, Wiz, Drake, Ye, TIP, Ross, Lupe, Wayne, Skyzoo, Kendrick, Game, Em, Curren$y, Big Sean....

just some that come to mind..
 12-28-2012, 12:48 PMaway - #9
TheMob 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RageSupreme
Doom, Snoop, Cole, Outkast, Budden, Clipse, Jeezy, 50, Wiz, Drake, Ye, TIP, Ross, Lupe, Wayne, Skyzoo, Kendrick, Game, Em, Curren$y, Big Sean....

just some that come to mind..

You cannot be serious with that.

Ross is the direct opposite of this thread.

Must be pretty much every rapper for you
 12-28-2012, 12:50 PMaway - #10
WCIB 95 heat pts95

d 
space
$14,503 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMob

I was gonna say the same thing. A majority of the rappers he named have quality albums worth listening to in their entirety...
 12-28-2012, 12:54 PMaway - #11
the synthesis 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$4,104 | POWERFUL
Pac, Jay, Nas, Dmx?

I can at least listen 2 two albums from each of them without skipping a song, cant say the same for any other rappers though, minus BIG

Last edited by the synthesis; 12-28-2012 at 12:56 PM..
 12-28-2012, 12:58 PMaway - #12
RageSupreme 

d 
space
$14 | 15594
Originally Posted by TheMob

Bruh, that's your opinion and that's coo...

Ross has decent albums imo, just like a lot of the dudes I named, but a compilation of their best work is what I'd rather listen to.

and yeah, pretty much every rapper for me
 12-28-2012, 01:37 PMaway - #13
Playa 68 heat pts68

d 
space
$22,223 | POWERFUL
Eminem - He has those standout songs but he needs better direcction when making albums.

Busta Rhymes

Meek Mill - I can already tell that screaming over trap beats is gon get annoying and make a lot of his songs sound cheap. He can k!ll a storytelling song tho.

Wayne(post 2007)- His music has been hit or miss ever since he went pop.

Jay-Z - Half of his albums are ####ty. The other half are great but I rarely listen all the way thru em.

Nas - Same as Jay except for Illmatic

Bow Wow - I don't think I'll ever sit through an entire Bow Wow album but he has a few bangers from those mixtapes

Cheif Keef - He good for maybe 5 songs; the rest are garbage

C-murd3r - C-murd3r has some really good standouts that I prefer
 12-28-2012, 01:42 PMaway - #14
Hotboy1982 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,524 | 0
I like compilations for the most part but I always had a slight gripe as to why certain don't put out the unreleased or remixed songs that they know most fans want, kinda like how Nas had the Lost Tapes series.
 12-28-2012, 01:45 PMaway - #15
Retro 78 heat pts78

d 
space
$19,760 | POWERFUL
I [spoiler - register to view] catalogs just to keep my collection going but I rarely spin every album front to back. I guess I'm a victim of the playlist generation because I pick and choose everything I listen to. The difference between me & you is I don't delete everything I don't listen to...
 12-28-2012, 02:07 PMaway - #16
MagicOnTheTire 5 heat pts

d 
space
$1,537 | 7807011
Originally Posted by Retro
I [spoiler - register to view] catalogs just to keep my collection going but I rarely spin every album front to back. I guess I'm a victim of the playlist generation because I pick and choose everything I listen to. The difference between me & you is I don't delete everything I don't listen to...
Same here.
 12-28-2012, 04:08 PMaway - #17
MegaTON 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$23,584 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by the synthesis
Pac, Jay, Nas, Dmx?

I can at least listen 2 two albums from each of them without skipping a song, cant say the same for any other rappers though, minus BIG
no need to freak out "bruh"

albums i listen to by the following

nas - illmatic/stillmatic (will play gods son/it was written sometimes)
jay - reasonable doubt/american gangster (will play bp/black album sometimes but i heard em too much)
pac - thug life/me against the world (will play all eyez on me rarely, if it was 1 disc it'd be an all time classic)
dmx - i don't play none of his albums

but some of their best songs come on some of their worst albums
 12-28-2012, 05:09 PMaway - #18
Philly B 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$5,326 | POWERFUL
@ people listing Pac, Jay, Nas, DMX, Outkast, etc. No one would expect someone to listen to every album from those dudes front to back, but if you can't find a couple albums to listen to front to back from any of those dudes then that's on you because they all got em. I constantly spin whole albums, although I may skip a track or two here and there.

But yeah obviously they got some good songs on some of their worst albums

Last edited by Philly B; 12-28-2012 at 05:12 PM..
 12-28-2012, 05:19 PMaway - #19
MegaTON 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$23,584 | POWERFUL
how come when i make a thread no one actually responds to the question, they just get mad at other peoples opinions?

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Redskins QB Colt McCoy to start on Sunday vs Indianapolis
170 comments
NBA Hornets coach says Hot N*gga Lance is not a "star player"
59 comments
NFL Gobble Gobble bi-ch.. Philadelphia Eagles (8-3) @ Dallas..
366 comments
  Chief Keef "mansion Musik" (artwork +trackli...
New reply 43 seconds ago - 68 comments - by Aztronautz
 NBA Rose Basically Admits He Sat Out Just Because He Was T...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 78 comments - by MikeJones212
  How Is Dej Loaf Famous? (might Be The Worst Performanc...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 141 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
 NFL 'robert Griffin Is Done In Washington'
New reply 18 minutes ago - 58 comments - by Frasier
 Image(s) inside Chiwire: Lil Reese Calls Out P. Rico For Fake Jordans
New reply 8 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Nasty Neighbor
 Image(s) inside Dam Bx , Tay600 Really Mad At Me!
New reply 21 minutes ago - 108 comments - by SlimDunkin
 Image(s) inside Adolf Bieber Crippin'?
New reply 8 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Pharrell Williams: Why Aren’t We Talking About Michael...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 268 comments - by Carlton Black

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,864 fans of BX | none new today 4,814 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.