This is BX @ Boxden.com

OFFICIAL Report: Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats WCNC-TV

OFFICIAL Report: Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats WCNC-TV
topic by crenshaw90008 - 12-06-2012, 03:40 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats | CharlotteObserver.com > OFFICIAL Report: Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats WCNC-TV - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!
Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats
WCNC-TV

Posted: Thursday, Dec. 06, 2012
One of the most popular Hip Hop artists in the country has canceled concert stops in Charlotte and Greensboro for this weekend. The cancellation comes on the heels of de@th threats but no specific reason was given for the cancellations.
A Maybach Music Group concert tour headlining Rick Ross was scheduled to appear Friday in Greensboro and Saturday at the Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte. Rappers Wale and Meek Mill were scheduled to appear as well.
The threats came from the Gangster Disciples, who have a beef with Ross. The North Carolina Chapter recently put out a YouTube video warning him to stay out of Charlotte.
Tickets can be refunded starting Friday, Live Nation Entertainment group said in a statement.
In the YouTube rap video, the Disciples are upset because Ross mentions the name of the founder of the street gang and uses the Star of David to promote himself. That symbol is used by the gang.
“I think fans should be concerned. I think the parents should be concerned because you never know,” said Paul Scott on Wednesday. Scott is a minister from Durham who is also a Hip Hop journalist.
Scott has been highly critical of the violence sparked by rap artists.
“Hip Hop does not represent the real street. The commercial Hip Hop that Rick Ross promotes represents Wall Street and Wall Street cares nothing about the loss of human life if they can make a dollar.”
Deon Cole is a friend of Ross and is also the a$sistant programming director for Power 98 Radio in Charlotte. He didn’t believe that fans had anything to worry about.
Cole believes that one day Ross and the Disciples will work out their problems.
Scott says he wouldn’t take the chance and if his kids asked to go he would say no.
“No one took the Tupac-Notorious BIG beef seriously until they were both dead,” he said, referring to rappers Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls, both slain in 1996.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police released a statement Wednesday before the cancellation, saying officers would remain vigilant to ensure safety.

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

35 comments for "OFFICIAL Report: Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats WCNC-TV"

12-06-2012, 03:49 PMonline - #2
cheenz 62 heat pts62

d 
space
$3,222 | POWERFUL
SMFh where are all the Clowns on here that was saying the GD's wont do #### to Ross??
Ross can go where every he want still/Do show when and wherever he want?
this is like the 3rd Canceled Date!! Venue Owners and Promoters are Shook...
 12-06-2012, 04:26 PMaway - #3
murdamurda 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$4,871 | POWERFUL
Rick Ross more scared of G-Unit giving his crew another L
 12-06-2012, 04:37 PMaway - #4
Peterparker 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$13,859 | POWERFUL

Now c'mon he cancelling all of these shows for what??? Don't say low ticket sales.. one of the hottest ni##as in the rap game has low ticket sales???

And don't say it's fake cuz Charlotte Observer is as credible as they come.
 12-06-2012, 04:43 PMaway - #5
YARKONE 3 heat pts

d 
space
$10,637 | 15645612
 12-06-2012, 04:44 PMaway - #6
WCIB 94 heat pts94

d 
space
$13,583 | POWERFUL

Why did you create this thread when you replied to this ^^^ original post you're reposting? i don't understand how that works.
 12-06-2012, 04:45 PMaway - #7

d 
space
$13,859 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by FoShizzle8

rick ross been garbage ever since he got exposed as being a ex cop.hottest ni##a in the rap game?

it dont matter though,concert or not the gd's probably dont give a ####.he'll still end up dead
C'mon i'm not a fan of Rick Ross at all but I'm just saying he's one of the most popular rap artist right now so can't nobody say he is cancelling shows because of low ticket sales. That's all I was saying. CHILL HOMEY
 12-06-2012, 04:47 PMaway - #8
Chief Dee 6 heat pts

d 
space
$10,209 | POWERFUL
The problem is, too many people are online threatening Rick Ross so if he does get hurt or injured there are obvious suspects. They need to about 6 months like Cali waited on Biggie. I propose that they wait till June 23rd, 2013 6 AM and 42 seconds to get him!!!!!

12-06-2012, 04:48 PMaway - #9
WCIB 94 heat pts94

d 
space
$13,583 | POWERFUL
if you ni##as read, the most important part is this:

The cancellation comes on the heels of de@th threats but no specific reason was given for the cancellations.

...anything else is speculation.
 12-06-2012, 04:49 PMaway - #10
cjiscash 7 heat pts

d 
space
$1,389 | 9415246
Originally Posted by Chief Dee
The problem is, too many people are online threatening Rick Ross so if he does get hurt or injured there are obvious suspects. They need to about 6 months like Cali waited on Biggie. I propose that they wait till June 23rd, 2013 6 AM and 42 seconds to get him!!!!!

12-06-2012, 04:49 PMaway - #11
crenshaw90008 5 heat pts

d 
space
$124 | 2634304
Posted this before did the post on the other thread check the time. Didnt see the other that was posted before me apologies

Last edited by crenshaw90008; 12-06-2012 at 04:55 PM..
 12-06-2012, 04:51 PMaway - #12
A.Dot789 599 heat pts599

d 
space
$9,237 | POWERFUL
U posted this over 1 hour after i did dumbass.
 12-06-2012, 04:51 PMaway - #13

d 
space
$13,859 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by WCIB
if you ni##as read, the most important part is this:

The cancellation comes on the heels of de@th threats but no specific reason was given for the cancellations.

...anything else is speculation.
Guess you didn't realize the de@th threats are coming from the GD's and there making de@th threats towards Rick Ross.

The threats came from the Gangster Disciples, who have a beef with Ross. The North Carolina Chapter recently put out a YouTube video warning him to stay out of Charlotte.
I guess we fail to read that
 12-06-2012, 04:55 PMaway - #14
crenshaw90008 5 heat pts

d 
space
$124 | 2634304
Originally Posted by Athavan 789
U posted this over 1 hour after i did dumbass.

You misread my quote
 12-06-2012, 04:56 PMaway - #15
tupacnasfan 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$10,635 | POWERFUL
Ross needs to give the royalty checks to GD's and start focusing on originality for good.
 12-06-2012, 05:20 PMaway - #16
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$5,102 | POWERFUL
If ni##as is making videos they don't care, #### allat they gon get indicted ####. I jus feel bad a real ni##a like Meek might get caught up in all this ####.

But ROSS?!?.....

#### that ni##a IDGAF If he died the world would be a better place deadass. But its gon be one GD ni##a who gon take one for the team, ni##as be acting shocked. ni##as is willing to die 4 they respect. Somebody gon take that life sentence like #### it. #### be like that!
 12-06-2012, 05:24 PMaway - #17
WCIB 94 heat pts94

d 
space
$13,583 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Peterparker
Guess you didn't realize the de@th threats are coming from the GD's and there making de@th threats towards Rick Ross.

I guess we fail to read that
no retard, the speculation is that he cancelled the show BECAUSE of the de@th threats. from who, it doesn't really matter at this point.
 12-06-2012, 05:27 PMaway - #18

d 
space
$10,635 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by FreshBeatzBx
If ni##as is making videos they don't care, #### allat they gon get indicted ####. I jus feel bad a real ni##a like Meek might get caught up in all this ####.

But ROSS?!?.....

#### that ni##a IDGAF If he died the world would be a better place deadass. But its gon be one GD ni##a who gon take one for the team, ni##as be acting shocked. ni##as is willing to die 4 they respect. Somebody gon take that life sentence like #### it. #### be like that!

Ross needs to give the royalty checks to The GD's and focus on getting them off the streets.
 12-06-2012, 05:29 PMaway - #19
crenshaw90008 5 heat pts

d 
space
$124 | 2634304

12-06-2012, 05:36 PMaway - #20

d 
space
$10,635 | POWERFUL
Ricky Fake rozay will end up dead if he doesn't straighten out with the GD's like he did with BMF.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Bills center Eric Wood says NFL teams are avoiding signi..
68 comments
NFL Alex Smith got paid
54 comments
NFL Rams will NOT add Michael Sam to practice squad
72 comments
 Article inside Drake Signs Ilovemakonnen To Ovo
New reply 6 seconds ago - 129 comments - by PotheadFocker
  Aug 31 - Breaking: Celebrity Nude Leak
New reply 52 minutes ago - 371 comments - by AlienGod
 Image(s) inside Apparently Dude "tried" To Snatch Quavo (mig...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 187 comments - by Just Jimmy
 Image(s) inside Saw This Sh-t On The News Today...i Went To High Schoo...
New reply 1 hour ago - 67 comments - by bunnz17
  Whats The Worst Movie You've Ever Watched?
New reply 4 minutes ago - 140 comments - by DominationCM
 Video inside This Just In: Hitman Holla Was In A Bad Car Accident
New reply 1 hour ago - 60 comments - by Guvnor
 Article inside Floyd Mayweather Sr: 50 Cent Should Fight My Son, That...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 224 comments - by yo0123yo
 NFL Rank The Qbs In Your Teams Division
New reply 2 hours ago - 58 comments - by TalonPayne921

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.