Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

OFFICIAL Report: Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats WCNC-TV

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
82 viewing
 BOX Manny Pacquiao the sore loser, The real Manny is revealed…
32 comments
most viewed right now
48 viewing
 BOX Oscar De La Hoya strong words for Mayweather
69 comments

top in section
23 viewing
 Video inside Young Thug Previews New HiTunes Track "Digits" Stunting On Lil Wayne
top in hiphop
top in section
38 viewing
 Image inside I'm staring at that girl's a$$ like
top in eyecandy

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 OFFICIAL Report: Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats WCNC-TV
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #1
2661 pageviews
35 comments

crenshaw90008 5 heat pts space
space
$124 | 2634304
Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats | CharlotteObserver.com image
Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats
WCNC-TV

[pic - click to view]

Posted: Thursday, Dec. 06, 2012
One of the most popular Hip Hop artists in the country has canceled concert stops in Charlotte and Greensboro for this weekend. The cancellation comes on the heels of death threats but no specific reason was given for the cancellations.
A Maybach Music Group concert tour headlining Rick Ross was scheduled to appear Friday in Greensboro and Saturday at the Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte. Rappers Wale and Meek Mill were scheduled to appear as well.
The threats came from the Gangster Disciples, who have a beef with Ross. The North Carolina Chapter recently put out a YouTube video warning him to stay out of Charlotte.
Tickets can be refunded starting Friday, Live Nation Entertainment group said in a statement.
In the YouTube rap video, the Disciples are upset because Ross mentions the name of the founder of the street gang and uses the Star of David to promote himself. That symbol is used by the gang.
“I think fans should be concerned. I think the parents should be concerned because you never know,” said Paul Scott on Wednesday. Scott is a minister from Durham who is also a Hip Hop journalist.
Scott has been highly critical of the violence sparked by rap artists.
“Hip Hop does not represent the real street. The commercial Hip Hop that Rick Ross promotes represents Wall Street and Wall Street cares nothing about the loss of human life if they can make a dollar.”
Deon Cole is a friend of Ross and is also the a.ssistant programming director for Power 98 Radio in Charlotte. He didn’t believe that fans had anything to worry about.
Cole believes that one day Ross and the Disciples will work out their problems.
Scott says he wouldn’t take the chance and if his kids asked to go he would say no.
“No one took the Tupac-Notorious BIG beef seriously until they were both dead,” he said, referring to rappers Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls, both slain in 1996.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police released a statement Wednesday before the cancellation, saying officers would remain vigilant to ensure safety.

35 comments for "OFFICIAL Report: Rapper Rick Ross cancels Charlotte concert after gang threats WCNC-TV"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #2
cheenz 82 heat pts82 space
Dolla Menu
space
$3,952 | POWERFUL
SMFh where are all the Clowns on here that was saying the GD's wont do sh*t to Ross??
Ross can go where every he want still/Do show when and wherever he want?
this is like the 3rd Canceled Date!! Venue Owners and Promoters are Shook...
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #3
murdamurda 28 heat pts28 space
space
$5,591 | POWERFUL
Rick Ross more scared of G-Unit giving his crew another L
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #4
Peterparker 21 heat pts21 space
space
$16,108 | POWERFUL

Now c'mon he cancelling all of these shows for what??? Don't say low ticket sales.. one of the hottest n*ggas in the rap game has low ticket sales???

And don't say it's fake cuz Charlotte Observer is as credible as they come.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #5
YARKONE 4 heat pts space
FREE SNEEKS
space
$10,930 | 16929961

Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #6
WCIB 96 heat pts96 space
What's Drugs My Deala?
space
$16,251 | POWERFUL

Why did you create this thread when you replied to this ^^^ original post you're reposting? i don't understand how that works.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #7
space
$16,108 | POWERFUL
FoShizzle8 said:

rick ross been garbage ever since he got exposed as being a ex cop.hottest n*gga in the rap game?

it dont matter though,concert or not the gd's probably dont give a fu*k.he'll still end up dead
C'mon i'm not a fan of Rick Ross at all but I'm just saying he's one of the most popular rap artist right now so can't nobody say he is cancelling shows because of low ticket sales. That's all I was saying. CHILL HOMEY
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #8
Chief Dee 6 heat pts space
Chicago Bred
space
$10,363 | POWERFUL
The problem is, too many people are online threatening Rick Ross so if he does get hurt or injured there are obvious suspects. They need to about 6 months like Cali waited on Biggie. I propose that they wait till June 23rd, 2013 6 AM and 42 seconds to get him!!!!!

Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #9
WCIB 96 heat pts96 space
What's Drugs My Deala?
space
$16,251 | POWERFUL
if you n*ggas read, the most important part is this:

The cancellation comes on the heels of death threats but no specific reason was given for the cancellations.

...anything else is speculation.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #10
cjiscash 7 heat pts space
n*gga What???
space
$1,586 | 10234906
Chief Dee said:
The problem is, too many people are online threatening Rick Ross so if he does get hurt or injured there are obvious suspects. They need to about 6 months like Cali waited on Biggie. I propose that they wait till June 23rd, 2013 6 AM and 42 seconds to get him!!!!!

Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #11
space
$124 | 2634304
Posted this before did the post on the other thread check the time. Didnt see the other that was posted before me apologies

Last edited by crenshaw90008; 12-06-2012 at 04:55 PM..
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #12
A.Dot789 794 heat pts794 space
space
$11,049 | POWERFUL
U posted this over 1 hour after i did dumbass.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #13
space
$16,108 | POWERFUL
WCIB said:
if you n*ggas read, the most important part is this:

The cancellation comes on the heels of death threats but no specific reason was given for the cancellations.

...anything else is speculation.
Guess you didn't realize the death threats are coming from the GD's and there making death threats towards Rick Ross.

The threats came from the Gangster Disciples, who have a beef with Ross. The North Carolina Chapter recently put out a YouTube video warning him to stay out of Charlotte.
I guess we fail to read that
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #14
space
$124 | 2634304
Athavan 789 said:
U posted this over 1 hour after i did dumbass.

You misread my quote
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #15
tupacnasfan 35 heat pts35 space
space
$11,679 | POWERFUL
Ross needs to give the royalty checks to GD's and start focusing on originality for good.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #16
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32 space
Realist n*gga On Here ^
space
$5,135 | POWERFUL
If n*ggas is making videos they don't care, fu*k allat they gon get indicted sh*t. I jus feel bad a real n*gga like Meek might get caught up in all this sh*t.

But ROSS?!?.....

fu*k that n*gga IDGAF If he died the world would be a better place deadass. But its gon be one GD n*gga who gon take one for the team, n*ggas be acting shocked. n*ggas is willing to die 4 they respect. Somebody gon take that life sentence like fu*k it. sh*t be like that!
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #17
WCIB 96 heat pts96 space
What's Drugs My Deala?
space
$16,251 | POWERFUL
Peterparker said:
Guess you didn't realize the death threats are coming from the GD's and there making death threats towards Rick Ross.

I guess we fail to read that
no retard, the speculation is that he cancelled the show BECAUSE of the death threats. from who, it doesn't really matter at this point.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #18
space
$11,679 | POWERFUL
FreshBeatzBx said:
If n*ggas is making videos they don't care, fu*k allat they gon get indicted sh*t. I jus feel bad a real n*gga like Meek might get caught up in all this sh*t.

But ROSS?!?.....

fu*k that n*gga IDGAF If he died the world would be a better place deadass. But its gon be one GD n*gga who gon take one for the team, n*ggas be acting shocked. n*ggas is willing to die 4 they respect. Somebody gon take that life sentence like fu*k it. sh*t be like that!

Ross needs to give the royalty checks to The GD's and focus on getting them off the streets.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #19
space
$124 | 2634304
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #20
space
$11,679 | POWERFUL
Ricky Fake rozay will end up dead if he doesn't straighten out with the GD's like he did with BMF.

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
17 viewing
Image inside 5 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Mortal Kombat
3 comments
@games
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Video inside 50 got the club going ham!! (tyga,yo gotti,flex,buck,stephen a smith an..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
13 viewing
May 2 - Scientists warn internet heading towards 'capacity crunch' :mjcry:
8 comments
@news
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Video inside "Kevin Gates gave me the stale face"...:dead:
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
BOX Mike Tyson Expresses His Feelings About The #MayPac Fight On Twitter
207 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Life As We Knew It in 1999 :mjcry:
109 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
11 viewing
BOX Real Boxing Fans Lets Do Some Analysis
235 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside Just when I thought the Meek and Nicki fu-kery couldn't get worse
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
BOX Steven A Smith Vs Robert Flores Heated Argument!
121 comments
@sports

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time