ni##as pretending that Kanye can rap.
 01-27-2013, 06:42 AMaway - #81
TheMob 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by norcal925
Dude's a ####
Norcal with absolutely no opinion again. di#kriding another poster.

####
 01-27-2013, 06:47 AMaway - #82
J-Dogg 

d 
space
$3,608 | 4605273
Kanye was a borderline terrible lyricist on his first few albums, he loved to use the same lines over and over and over. I remember him saying using the "Miracle Whip" line on at least 3 tracks. Now, he's a upper echelon (who can approach greatness when he's on) rapper, which also has to do with the bar being lowered a bit. He had a pretty good run a few years back when he was k!lling all the guest spots on songs like Kinda Like A Big Deal & Put On. But, even Kanye at his best would have struggled as a rapper (I'm talking strictly as a rapper, not a producer) back in the more competitive era of hip-hop. And lately, his bars have been lacking, Cruel Summer didn't have any quotable bars from Kanye, New God Flow was the closest he came.
 01-27-2013, 07:01 AMaway - #83
Jaymalls 57 heat pts57

d 
space
$3,553 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Slickems
Big
Pac
Pun
Kool G Rap
Rakim
UGK
Scarface
8 Ball + MJG
Gangstarr
Outkast
Camron
etc.
I dont think you know what discography means! Either way, the only artist(s) you named with a better "discography" than Kanye's is Outkat! Ye has three classic albums, 2 non-debatable! Ye has 1 "Critically Acclaimed" album (MBDTF) that spanned all genres. Ye has 1 album (808s & Heartbreaks) that birthed a new way rap was approached and accepted. It also ushered in a whole new group of artist (i.e. Drake, Cudi, Wale, etc.) And as time passes, people are appreciating "Watch The Throne" more and more, which was a great album IMO! The only rappers with as big of an impact on MUSIC is the GOATS (BIG, Pac, Jay-Z, Eminem, and Nas)
 01-27-2013, 07:05 AMaway - #84
dblock187s 8 heat pts

d 
space
$6,652 | 17855661
kanye is ok i just dont know when its his or ghost written....
 01-27-2013, 07:06 AMaway - #85
Moyo420 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$1,281 | 16748619
Originally Posted by TheMindOf
Whoever Kanye was a top notch technical rapper?

ni##as have never said that.

BUT he's easily the most talented/versatile ARTIST in hip hop, and has one of them most undeniable discographies..

Cant deny him that.

ni##as sayin kanye cant rap, are people who think they are going to be famous and think they can #### on kanye, or ni##as who are just so sure they hate him, they cant even listen to his music, coldest winter was fire, and the pinocchio story

thats lyrical

the blame game

that whole production, even if legend played piano, was still fire.

through the wire, come on son

if u think hes so thrash release some music, that doesn't sound like it was recorded out side on your phone, cause most those new tracks in the unsigned section all sound like a$s, and the lyrics are ####ty, just cause yall ni##as say messiah and universe doesnt mean you guys are lyrical. kanye will sell more then you ni##as, even if u had the same limelight or come-up,
not too much cause of the lyrics, but for the sonic part of his music, 808's sounds more pleasant then ####, , and i didnt even listen to it yet, and i prob wont
 01-27-2013, 07:46 AMaway - #86
TheMob 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Moyo420

ni##as sayin kanye cant rap, are people who think they are going to be famous and think they can #### on kanye, or ni##as who are just so sure they hate him, they cant even listen to his music, coldest winter was fire, and the pinocchio story

if u think hes so thrash release some music, that doesn't sound like it was recorded out side on your phone, cause most those new tracks in the unsigned section all sound like a$s, and the lyrics are ####ty, just cause yall ni##as say messiah and universe doesnt mean you guys are lyrical. kanye will sell more then you ni##as, even if u had the same limelight or come-up,
not too much cause of the lyrics, but for the sonic part of his music, 808's sounds more pleasant then ####, , and i didnt even listen to it yet, and i prob wont

01-27-2013, 07:49 AMaway - #87
J-Dogg 

d 
space
$3,608 | 4605273
Not sure how 808s & Heartbreak had anything to do with Wale, he doesn't sing, plus it dropped in 2008. Wale was already 4 mixtapes deep at that point.
 01-27-2013, 08:35 AMaway - #88
Slickems 6 heat pts

d 
space
$6,225 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jaymalls
I dont think you know what discography means! Either way, the only artist(s) you named with a better "discography" than Kanye's is Outkat! Ye has three classic albums, 2 non-debatable! Ye has 1 "Critically Acclaimed" album (MBDTF) that spanned all genres. Ye has 1 album (808s & Heartbreaks) that birthed a new way rap was approached and accepted. It also ushered in a whole new group of artist (i.e. Drake, Cudi, Wale, etc.) And as time passes, people are appreciating "Watch The Throne" more and more, which was a great album IMO! The only rappers with as big of an impact on MUSIC is the GOATS (BIG, Pac, Jay-Z, Eminem, and Nas)
each one of the artist i named has at least 2 non-debatable classic albums, and most have more

also, Fat Joe has as many non-debatable classic albums at Kanye
 01-27-2013, 08:39 AMaway - #89
Slickems 6 heat pts

d 
space
$6,225 | POWERFUL
also, Z-Ro has a much better discography than Kanye, if you actually like rap music
 01-27-2013, 12:04 PMaway - #90
Retro 78 heat pts78

d 
space
$19,758 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMob
This is easily your dumbest post man.

The starting post clearly implies my opinion on him lyrically. His verses are forced.

It's in the first post.

All I am saying is, the dude is not a lyricist. Pac wasn't a lyricist but his #### was real, not forced and just plain honest.

You cannot be serious with that BS post.

ni##a please. You don't even have any explanations for the "forced" #### you're talking about, you just keep repeating it like a broken record. Nobody has ever called Ye a lyricist & you've got to be incredibly dim to call his lyrics, especially in his earlier days, disingenuous.

Wanna talk about dumb posts but you're parading around here saying #### with no evidence to support it. Sit the #### down somewhere boy
 01-27-2013, 12:15 PMaway - #91
Two Pistols 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$1,631 | 15358670
i think ppl more or less give the most credit to Kanye for being versatile with his beats/sound....lyrically he's come a long way but i wouldn't say they are anything 2 write home about. he has a nice verse every now and then though
 01-27-2013, 01:12 PMaway - #92
TheMob 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Retro

ni##a please. You don't even have any explanations for the "forced" #### you're talking about, you just keep repeating it like a broken record.
Explanations? For his forced ####? You gotta be kidding. That doesn't need any explanations, #### is very obvious. But since ni##as too slow in here I might as well clarify in simple terms.

Cause we can't get along, no resolution
Till we drown all these haters, rest in peace to Whitney Houston
Did Moses not part the water with the cane?
Did strippers not make an ark when I made it rain?
Did Yeezy not get signed by Hov and Dame?
And ran to Jacob and made the new Jesus chains?
In Jesus' name, let the choir say
"I'm on fire, ay," that's what Richard Pryor say
And we'll annihilate anybody that violate
Ask any dope boy you know, they admire 'Ye
Let the $uicide doors up
I threw $uicides on the tour bus
I threw $uicides on the private jet
You know what that mean, I'm fly to de@th
Don't do no press but I get the most press, kid
Plus, yo my #### make your #### look like Precious
You gotta be ####ing kidding me if you say you can't see the forced bars in there. I don't need to push deep into MBDTF.

Nobody has ever called Ye a lyricist . . .
That's my point. No need for the pointless verbiage.

& you've got to be incredibly dim to call his lyrics, especially in his earlier days, disingenuous.
I never called them disingenuous. He had good verses here and there. Besides must of his verses from his earlier days were ghost-written, from Con to Rhyme. Dude even said he didn't write his lyrics for his first 4 albums.

It looks like Kanye West took a cue from Jay-Z by not writing down his lyrics for his first four albums.

"I didn't write my raps down for my first four albums - like all, I did it from the head straight to the booth," he said. "But on this last album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, I wrote it because I really put myself in the zone that my life was dependent on the success of this album. With that being the case, I said, 'You know what? No matter what anybody says about me, I can write something that can make someone that hates me the most have to really respect or love the song.' So even a song like 'Power,' I spent 5,000 hours writing it, and it's really the psychology behind the lyrics; it's not just blatantly, 'I've got all the powers' - [it's] 'No one man should have all that power.' It's word[ed] it in a really sensitive way that opens it up for everyone."

Wanna talk about dumb posts but you're parading around here saying #### with no evidence to support it. Sit the #### down somewhere boy

Some #### are pretty much common knowledge. I don't see why a well-versed hip-hop listener would need evidence on Kanye's forced bars and sub-par lyricism.

Don't push it, ni##a.
 01-27-2013, 01:14 PMaway - #93
Jaymalls 57 heat pts57

d 
space
$3,553 | POWERFUL
also, Z-Ro has a much better discography than Kanye, if you actually like rap music
I come to realize you're talking out ya a$s... so i will no longer entertain this! It was fun while it lasted though!
 01-27-2013, 01:38 PMaway - #94
Ash10 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$26,527 | POWERFUL
Big
Pac
Kool G Rap
Rakim
UGK
Scarface
8 Ball + MJG
Gangstarr
Outkast
etc.
U forgot to mention Ghostface k!llah, DJ Quik & Devin The Dude as-well
 01-27-2013, 02:57 PMaway - #95
Retro 78 heat pts78

d 
space
$19,758 | POWERFUL
Explanations? For his forced ####? You gotta be kidding. That doesn't need any explanations, #### is very obvious. But since ni##as too slow in here I might as well clarify in simple terms.
Negro you done lost yo mind huh?

To all of the quotes you listed you did #### but highlight lines out of context. But but but yo I SWEAR something about them is forced! I don't know what it is, I can't really go into explicit detail I just want to highlight random bars like I'm Hotboy

You gotta be ####ing kidding me if you say you can't see the forced bars in there. I don't need to push deep into MBDTF.
I didn't see #### but a p#ss poor effort to illustrate your weak point. Yeah, let me show you how Kanye being a millionaire & bragging about all of the fortunes that has come his way is mad forced. Let me show you how even though he's got SO many average verses I just want to highlight the Mercy verse because again his bragging was mad forced. How dare he rap about Lambos & ####es? How dare he compare Kim K to your ####? My god Ye tries ridiculously hard

That's my point. No need for the pointless verbiage.
No, first your point was that he couldn't rap. Then it was that he's an "average" lyricist but ni##a...you're arguing against something nobody even said in the first place. You havin a menstrual bleed for no reason (oh & put the thesaurus down kid)

I never called them disingenuous. He had good verses here and there. Besides must of his verses from his earlier days were ghost-written, from Con to Rhyme. Dude even said he didn't write his lyrics for his first 4 albums.
"Most" of them huh? Give me every single verse that was ghost written with confirmed sources since you're so sure. Like Kreemy said Cons couldn't even say who ghostwrote for Ye as if it were that many people to begin with so why should I believe you?

It looks like Kanye West took a cue from Jay-Z by not writing down his lyrics for his first four albums.

Oh so because HHSE said it it MUST be true? I mean word, they've been the mecca for reliable hip-hop information since I don't know how long. #### outta here. You want to take Ye's comments about not writing lyrics and twist it into having someone else write for him? Like he is the first rapper ever to rap straight off the dome huh? This is pathetic dude...

Some #### are pretty much common knowledge. I don't see why a well-versed hip-hop listener would need evidence on Kanye's forced bars and sub-par lyricism.

Don't push it, ni##a.
Your "evidence" is contorted, contrived and doesn't prove jack ####, nor does the 2 lines from another verse and half of his mercy verse you quoted.

And to the highlighted tell me again who the #### you're supposed to be
 01-27-2013, 03:04 PMaway - #96
Norcal 77 heat pts77

d 
space
$10,477 | POWERFUL
Norcal with absolutely no opinion again. di#kriding another poster.

####
Why even respond to this dumbass thread?
You're lit if you think Kanye can't rap.

You've been sounding real mad on here since GKMC dropped
 01-27-2013, 03:12 PMaway - #97
Kreemy 5 heat pts

d 
space
$1,377 | 12643098
each one of the artist i named has at least 2 non-debatable classic albums, and most have more

also, Fat Joe has as many non-debatable classic albums at Kanye
Pun's second album is trash, stop that noise.
 01-27-2013, 03:27 PMaway - #98
TheMob 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Negro you done lost yo mind huh?

To all of the quotes you listed you did #### but highlight lines out of context. But but but yo I SWEAR something about them is forced! I don't know what it is, I can't really go into explicit detail I just want to highlight random bars like I'm Hotboy

I didn't see #### but a p#ss poor effort to illustrate your weak point. Yeah, let me show you how Kanye being a millionaire & bragging about all of the fortunes that has come his way is mad forced. Let me show you how even though he's got SO many average verses I just want to highlight the Mercy verse because again his bragging was mad forced. How dare he rap about Lambos & ####es? How dare he compare Kim K to your ####? My god Ye tries ridiculously hard

No, first your point was that he couldn't rap. Then it was that he's an "average" lyricist but ni##a...you're arguing against something nobody even said in the first place. You havin a menstrual bleed for no reason (oh & put the thesaurus down kid)

"Most" of them huh? Give me every single verse that was ghost written with confirmed sources since you're so sure. Like Kreemy said Cons couldn't even say who ghostwrote for Ye as if it were that many people to begin with so why should I believe you?

Oh so because HHSE said it it MUST be true? I mean word, they've been the mecca for reliable hip-hop information since I don't know how long. #### outta here. You want to take Ye's comments about not writing lyrics and twist it into having someone else write for him? Like he is the first rapper ever to rap straight off the dome huh? This is pathetic dude...

Your "evidence" is contorted, contrived and doesn't prove jack ####, nor does the 2 lines from another verse and half of his mercy verse you quoted.

And to the highlighted tell me again who the #### you're supposed to be

Boxden ni##as now wanna be pedantic.
Too verbose again, if you ask me.
My point is Kanye is not lyrical, he's just average. Thread title was probably a reach yeah, but what I imply simply stands. Dude isn't in top 70 of rappers, imo. This dude now acting like Kanye didn't flood "Mercy" and "New God Flow" with forced bull####, oh that's fine ni##a, can't force anyone to see the light.
What the #### is HHSE? The quote is taken from a video that was posted on HHDX. This ni##a now questioning the credibility of a source rather than addressing the Kanye quote.

You gotta be out of your mind if you think I'm using a "thesaurus" for them simple a$s words . #### outta here with that "thesaurus" bull####.

And no, the "evidence" is not "contorted, contrived" . . . in defence of Kanye ni##as now feigning ignorance of forced rap lines.

01-27-2013, 03:28 PMaway - #99
TheMob 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by norcal925
Why even respond to this dumbass thread?
You're lit if you think Kanye can't rap.

You've been sounding real mad on here since GKMC dropped
ni##as still refusing to see the light.

LIG > GKMC
 01-27-2013, 03:30 PMaway - #100
Dmart617 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,279 | 7722415
kanye cant rap they have to change the beat up for him mercy and clique every one knows cons used to write his ####

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Nov 26 - Michael Brown's Mom: Darren Wilson Testimony Adds 'Ins..
63 comments
NFL What should RG3 upcoming 30 for 30 be called?
51 comments
NFL Richard Sherman & Doug Baldwin sh-tting On The League!
69 comments
 Image(s) inside Rza Expects To Lose $500,000 On Wu-tang Clan's New Alb...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 75 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Pharrell Williams: Why Arenít We Talking About Michael...
New reply 47 minutes ago - 212 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Charles Hamilton Deletes Blog And All Social Media Acc...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 66 comments - by rasheedwallace
  Chief Keef Weighs In On Mike Brown Case
New reply 59 minutes ago - 106 comments - by NoLastName
 Image(s) inside :minimestopit:
New reply 19 minutes ago - 165 comments - by Ari Gold
 Image(s) inside Would You Smash Lil Jay00 Momma Or Keef Momma?
New reply 1 hour ago - 56 comments - by Bighurt
 BOX Floyd "can I Remind You What Jmm Did To Pacman&qu...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 78 comments - by Ash10
 BOX Mayweather $100m, Pacquiao $80m
New reply 2 hours ago - 62 comments - by elferoz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,864 fans of BX | none new today 4,813 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.