niccas pretending that Kanye can rap.

niccas pretending that Kanye can rap.
 01-26-2013, 01:39 PMonline - #61
Ant McQueen 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$8,221 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kreemy
You're putting him in the same box as Dr. Dre, just cause Cons said he wrote some !! for him doesn't mean he doesn't write his own lyrics in general. Cons doesn't know who's written for Kanye, he couldn't even answer that at the Breakfast club when he got put on the spot. Kanye credits his co-writers regardless so there's no secrets that Cons and Rhymefest have helped him pen verses. It's just now that it's coming out of Cons angry mouth that people want to pretend Kanye don't do !!.

I don't know how many people on here have actually bought Kanye's albums (physical copies), but that's something Kanye has always done - given credit. No matter how big or small the contribution they were credited. Somebody could have shook the tambourine or did hand claps and they still received credit. There was nothing " ghost " about any of the contributions.

To me, what it sounds like is... at one point they were all in the trenches together and took advice from one another. People coaching you and flat out writing for you are two different things.
 01-26-2013, 02:08 PMonline - #62
Retro 69 heat pts69

d 
space
$17,754 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMob
Nah. Address the post. Kanye is average.
Average how? Lyrically? Because he raps the same way Pac does just with less emotion. Every rapper doesn't need to be some metaphorical genius spitting double entendres.

Technically? Right because Ye has had a below average flow his entire career. I've never heard this nicca ride a beat before, he's almost as bad as Lil B.

This !! is just stupid dude. If you don't like him fine, I couldn't care less. But just because you don't like him doesn't mean he can't rap...
 01-26-2013, 02:14 PMonline - #63
damien1928 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$2,946 | 13523511
Yeezy can rap.
 01-26-2013, 02:18 PMaway - #64
TheMindOf 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$13,413 | POWERFUL
Whoever Kanye was a top notch technical rapper?

niccas have never said that.

BUT he's easily the most talented/versatile ARTIST in hip hop, and has one of them most undeniable discographies..

Cant deny him that.
 01-26-2013, 02:34 PMonline - #65
dlettern 2 heat pts

d 
space
$8,293 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by kk504
!! does having pride in seeing a brother make it gotta do with him being able to rap?

nicca afroman went platinum too, and that nicca was top 10 worst rappers dead or alive.

wack is wack, point blank.
Afro man didn't have half the success Kanye has. Like I said before, millions disagree with your opinion. Funny how its always the midgets who throw rocks at the giants.....go figure
 01-26-2013, 02:36 PMaway - #66
Young Hov 2 heat pts

d 
space
$5,473 | 18812061
if we're not talking about jay and nas... kanye is the king of hip hop and you fukkboys gotta deal wit it
 01-26-2013, 02:43 PMonline - #67
HipHopFactz 85 heat pts85

d 
space
$9,924 | POWERFUL
Ye can rap

he is very very basic though with his monotone voice

Also he just raps other mens words, we all now know he doesnt write his own music, doubt he even writes a single word.

Although Ye as a rapper>Diddy

I'd still put Dr Dre over Yeezy in terms of flowing and delivery

top 5 rappers who dont write

1. Dre
2. Eazy
3. Kanye
4. Diddy
5. open slot

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 01-26-2013 at 02:45 PM..
 01-26-2013, 03:19 PMonline - #68
Dicemoney6 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$652 | 8805693

Last edited by Dicemoney6; 01-26-2013 at 03:21 PM..
 01-26-2013, 03:23 PMonline - #69
Dicemoney6 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$652 | 8805693
you're confusing being a great rapper with being a great artist.

kanye is an incredible artist... but that has more to do with his production, the guests he features on his tracks, the ghostwriters he employs for his better verses, the visuals he picks for videos, the way he markets his stuff.

but kanye, as strictly a rapper (he he writes his own !!) is not very good.
i mean, even when his verse is trash he finds a way to include an incredible guest artist who either steals the show, or provides an amazing hook that completely distracts from whatever corny !! he spit.

that, or he employs someone like common or pusha to write him an incredible verse and everything just comes together perfectly.

either way, kanye as an artist doesn't miss the mark much. i'll never take that away from him. his production and guests are ALWAYS on point. i'ma fan of his albums.... i'm just not a fan of his self written verses.

They don't understand the !!. Every time I heard dude on a new track !! is wack. I don't understand how everybody gives this nicca some much credit when you really listen the !! he is saying. Plus all the other !!, the homo dressing that he brought into the game and just how he acts as a person. Rappers get to much credit for what they did before, dude was decent when he first came out but everything I hear now is wack to me.
 01-26-2013, 03:57 PMaway - #70
Hokis 

d 
space
$5,756 | 13101796
Originally Posted by dlettern
Kanye can't rap yet he has outsold all those rappers you have mentioned. That being the case, why should he have stopped? Because you are tired of seeing him win?.....Quit the hate dude, homeboy is obviously doing something right
Did you just bring up record sells to argue a rappers skill set?

01-26-2013, 03:59 PMaway - #71
Hokis 

d 
space
$5,756 | 13101796
Originally Posted by Retro
Average how? Lyrically? Because he raps the same way Pac does just with less emotion. Every rapper doesn't need to be some metaphorical genius spitting double entendres.

Technically? Right because Ye has had a below average flow his entire career. I've never heard this nicca ride a beat before, he's almost as bad as Lil B.

This !! is just stupid dude. If you don't like him fine, I couldn't care less. But just because you don't like him doesn't mean he can't rap...
This. Can't. Be. Life.
 01-26-2013, 04:46 PMonline - #72
Retro 69 heat pts69

d 
space
$17,754 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hokis
This. Can't. Be. Life.
Best counter argument I've ever seen in my life
 01-26-2013, 05:49 PMaway - #73
Norcal 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$9,948 | POWERFUL
You're making it real hard to !! with you dude...
Dude's a !!
 01-26-2013, 05:53 PMaway - #74
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
he is no Jay Z, but he gets the job done, Personally I think Power and Go Hard is his best songs written to date....he spazzed on both of those !!s........
 01-26-2013, 06:02 PMaway - #75
Walmart 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,940 | 7156690
To me Kanye is an average rapper, but he's very talented at overseeing projects.

To me Kanye is more like a Dr. Dre, but actually writes some (if not a lot of his own material).

When people say Kanye is top 5 in the game, I disagree, but I will say he is a hiphop legend.
 01-26-2013, 06:24 PMaway - #76
Jaymalls 57 heat pts57

d 
space
$3,302 | POWERFUL
other than Nas and Jay, which rapper got a better discography than kanye... riddle me that!
 01-26-2013, 06:31 PMaway - #77
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$18,104 | POWERFUL
kanye is lyrical in his own way the old one anyway

man maybe yall need to go back and listen to him, Im not saying hes no nas or lupe but the dude was different lyrically
 01-26-2013, 07:22 PMonline - #78
dlettern 2 heat pts

d 
space
$8,293 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hokis
Did you just bring up record sells to argue a rappers skill set?

Ha, only on Boxden is success not a true measure of success. The original post stated he should have stopped rapping? Would you especially while you're still on top?

All these two dollar A&Rs on here talk all this mess yet are doing nothing with all of this so called knowledge
 01-26-2013, 10:22 PMaway - #79
Slickems 4 heat pts

d 
space
$5,844 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jaymalls
other than Nas and Jay, which rapper got a better discography than kanye... riddle me that!

Big
Pac
Pun
Kool G Rap
Rakim
UGK
Scarface
8 Ball + MJG
Gangstarr
Outkast
Camron
etc.
 01-27-2013, 05:41 AMaway - #80
TheMob 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$7,934 | POWERFUL

This is easily your dumbest post man.

The starting post clearly implies my opinion on him lyrically. His verses are forced.

It's in the first post.

All I am saying is, the dude is not a lyricist. Pac wasn't a lyricist but his !! was real, not forced and just plain honest.

You cannot be serious with that BS post.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
122 comments
Image inside  Thick Vietnamese chick named Kandy...
74 comments
Image inside  Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
80 comments
 Image(s) inside Lupita Nyong'o Named People Magazine's 'most Beautiful'
New reply 4 minutes ago - 111 comments - by SM
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 7 minutes ago - 327 comments - by JordanWest86
 Article inside Lil Boosie Will Be Releasing His Next Album July 15th,...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 71 comments - by SM
 NBA Bradley Beal Says Fu-k Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
New reply 8 minutes ago - 132 comments - by bridouble
 Image(s) inside This Girls Dad Came Out Of Nowhere (gif)
New reply 6 minutes ago - 68 comments - by Aleandroid
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 10 minutes ago - 110 comments - by tre0624
 Video inside Video Of Bleached Up Dancehall Dj Vybz Kartelís Allege...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 60 comments - by ajeana
  Top 10 Wealthiest Pro Wrestlers Of All Time
New reply 10 minutes ago - 72 comments - by bridouble

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX | none new today 4,651 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.