Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

n*ggas pretending that Kanye can rap.

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
224 viewing
Image inside The Clinton Body Count  
46 comments
most viewed right now
60 viewing
 Article inside Katy Perry asked that the trash be removed from t..
62 comments

top in section
18 viewing
 Image inside Trap God Gucci Mane releases artwork for next five pr..
top in hiphop
top in section
20 viewing
 Image inside Afro Perm: Asian People With Kinky Hairstyles
top in wild'ish

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 n*ggas pretending that Kanye can rap.
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:39 PMJoined May 2010 - away - #61
Ant McQueen 10 heat pts10 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$8,930 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kreemy
You're putting him in the same box as Dr. Dre, just cause Cons said he wrote some sh*t for him doesn't mean he doesn't write his own lyrics in general. Cons doesn't know who's written for Kanye, he couldn't even answer that at the Breakfast club when he got put on the spot. Kanye credits his co-writers regardless so there's no secrets that Cons and Rhymefest have helped him pen verses. It's just now that it's coming out of Cons angry mouth that people want to pretend Kanye don't do sh*t.


I don't know how many people on here have actually bought Kanye's albums (physical copies), but that's something Kanye has always done - given credit. No matter how big or small the contribution they were credited. Somebody could have shook the tambourine or did hand claps and they still received credit. There was nothing " ghost " about any of the contributions.

To me, what it sounds like is... at one point they were all in the trenches together and took advice from one another. People coaching you and flat out writing for you are two different things.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:08 PMJoined May 2011 - away - #62
Retro 78 heat pts78 space
avatar space
Til Next Time...
space
$20,057 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMob
Nah. Address the post. Kanye is average.
Average how? Lyrically? Because he raps the same way Pac does just with less emotion. Every rapper doesn't need to be some metaphorical genius spitting double entendres.

Technically? Right because Ye has had a below average flow his entire career. I've never heard this n*gga ride a beat before, he's almost as bad as Lil B.

This sh*t is just stupid dude. If you don't like him fine, I couldn't care less. But just because you don't like him doesn't mean he can't rap...
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:14 PMJoined Aug 2005 - away - #63
damien1928 31 heat pts31 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,411 | POWERFUL
Yeezy can rap.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:18 PMJoined Jul 2010 - away - #64
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21 space
avatar space
The new Razor Ramon
space
$18,808 | POWERFUL
Whoever Kanye was a top notch technical rapper?

n*ggas have never said that.

BUT he's easily the most talented/versatile ARTIST in hip hop, and has one of them most undeniable discographies..

Cant deny him that.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:34 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #65
dlettern 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Registered User
space
$8,834 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by kk504
fu*k does having pride in seeing a brother make it gotta do with him being able to rap?

n*gga afroman went platinum too, and that n*gga was top 10 worst rappers dead or alive.

wack is wack, point blank.
Afro man didn't have half the success Kanye has. Like I said before, millions disagree with your opinion. Funny how its always the midgets who throw rocks at the giants.....go figure
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:36 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #66
Young Hov 2 heat pts space
avatar space
Michael Jordan Rings
space
$5,473 | 18812061
if we're not talking about jay and nas... kanye is the king of hip hop and you fukkboys gotta deal wit it
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:43 PMJoined Jan 2013 - away - #67
HipHopFactz 176 heat pts176 space
avatar space
fu*k Boy NO1
space
$17,085 | POWERFUL
Ye can rap

he is very very basic though with his monotone voice

Also he just raps other mens words, we all now know he doesnt write his own music, doubt he even writes a single word.

Although Ye as a rapper>Diddy

I'd still put Dr Dre over Yeezy in terms of flowing and delivery

top 5 rappers who dont write

1. Dre
2. Eazy
3. Kanye
4. Diddy
5. open slot

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 01-26-2013 at 02:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 03:19 PMJoined Dec 2007 - away - #68
Dicemoney6 15 heat pts15 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$749 | 9120799

Last edited by Dicemoney6; 01-26-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 03:23 PMJoined Dec 2007 - away - #69
Dicemoney6 15 heat pts15 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$749 | 9120799
Originally Posted by kk504
you're confusing being a great rapper with being a great artist.

kanye is an incredible artist... but that has more to do with his production, the guests he features on his tracks, the ghostwriters he employs for his better verses, the visuals he picks for videos, the way he markets his stuff.

but kanye, as strictly a rapper (he he writes his own sh*t) is not very good.
Originally Posted by kk504
i mean, even when his verse is trash he finds a way to include an incredible guest artist who either steals the show, or provides an amazing hook that completely distracts from whatever corny sh*t he spit.

that, or he employs someone like common or pusha to write him an incredible verse and everything just comes together perfectly.

either way, kanye as an artist doesn't miss the mark much. i'll never take that away from him. his production and guests are ALWAYS on point. i'ma fan of his albums.... i'm just not a fan of his self written verses.



They don't understand the sh*t. Every time I heard dude on a new track sh*t is wack. I don't understand how everybody gives this n*gga some much credit when you really listen the sh*t he is saying. Plus all the other sh*t, the homo dressing that he brought into the game and just how he acts as a person. Rappers get to much credit for what they did before, dude was decent when he first came out but everything I hear now is wack to me.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 03:57 PMJoined Dec 2012 - away - #70
DoMieD 3 heat pts space
avatar space
Tha God
space
$44,238 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dlettern
Kanye can't rap yet he has outsold all those rappers you have mentioned. That being the case, why should he have stopped? Because you are tired of seeing him win?.....Quit the hate dude, homeboy is obviously doing something right
Did you just bring up record sells to argue a rappers skill set?


Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 03:59 PMJoined Dec 2012 - away - #71
DoMieD 3 heat pts space
avatar space
Tha God
space
$44,238 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Retro
Average how? Lyrically? Because he raps the same way Pac does just with less emotion. Every rapper doesn't need to be some metaphorical genius spitting double entendres.

Technically? Right because Ye has had a below average flow his entire career. I've never heard this n*gga ride a beat before, he's almost as bad as Lil B.

This sh*t is just stupid dude. If you don't like him fine, I couldn't care less. But just because you don't like him doesn't mean he can't rap...
This. Can't. Be. Life.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 04:46 PMJoined May 2011 - away - #72
Retro 78 heat pts78 space
avatar space
Til Next Time...
space
$20,057 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hokis
This. Can't. Be. Life.
Best counter argument I've ever seen in my life
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:49 PMJoined Sep 2011 - away - #73
Norcal 77 heat pts77 space
avatar space
Can I Live?
space
$10,924 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Retro
You're making it real hard to fu*k with you dude...
Dude's a bi*ch
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:53 PMJoined Mar 2004 - away - #74
Dos-effect 20 heat pts20 space
avatar space
REVOLUTION DE GRATE
space
$14,677 | POWERFUL
he is no Jay Z, but he gets the job done, Personally I think Power and Go Hard is his best songs written to date....he spazzed on both of those sh*ts........
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:02 PMJoined Oct 2010 - away - #75
Walmart 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$4,750 | 11377558
To me Kanye is an average rapper, but he's very talented at overseeing projects.

To me Kanye is more like a Dr. Dre, but actually writes some (if not a lot of his own material).

When people say Kanye is top 5 in the game, I disagree, but I will say he is a hiphop legend.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:24 PMJoined Dec 2011 - away - #76
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,636 | POWERFUL
other than Nas and Jay, which rapper got a better discography than kanye... riddle me that!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:31 PMJoined Oct 2010 - away - #77
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
fu*k Lupe, Boycott Lupe
space
$18,233 | POWERFUL
kanye is lyrical in his own way the old one anyway

man maybe yall need to go back and listen to him, Im not saying hes no nas or lupe but the dude was different lyrically
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:22 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #78
dlettern 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Registered User
space
$8,834 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hokis
Did you just bring up record sells to argue a rappers skill set?


Ha, only on Boxden is success not a true measure of success. The original post stated he should have stopped rapping? Would you especially while you're still on top?

All these two dollar A&Rs on here talk all this mess yet are doing nothing with all of this so called knowledge
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:22 PMJoined Jan 2011 - away - #79
Slickems 6 heat pts space
avatar space
mo game than a lil bit
space
$6,312 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jaymalls
other than Nas and Jay, which rapper got a better discography than kanye... riddle me that!

Big
Pac
Pun
Kool G Rap
Rakim
UGK
Scarface
8 Ball + MJG
Gangstarr
Outkast
Camron
etc.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:41 AMJoined Aug 2011 - away - #80
TheMob 80 heat pts80 space
avatar space
Infinite
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Retro
Average how? Lyrically? Because he raps the same way Pac does just with less emotion. Every rapper doesn't need to be some metaphorical genius spitting double entendres.

Technically? Right because Ye has had a below average flow his entire career. I've never heard this n*gga ride a beat before, he's almost as bad as Lil B.

This sh*t is just stupid dude. If you don't like him fine, I couldn't care less. But just because you don't like him doesn't mean he can't rap...
This is easily your dumbest post man.

The starting post clearly implies my opinion on him lyrically. His verses are forced.

It's in the first post.

All I am saying is, the dude is not a lyricist. Pac wasn't a lyricist but his sh*t was real, not forced and just plain honest.

You cannot be serious with that BS post.
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
11 viewing
Video inside The most classic Rap City freestyle ever
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Video inside Tamar Braxton crying cuz Chris Brown gave her light..
144 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside Hov making history again  
541 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Image inside any of you seen dame dash's movie?  
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Mar 29 - March to martial law? Undercover Special Forces t..
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
4 viewing
100: Could you could survive in prison?  
176 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Image inside Moroccan Prince French Montana Responds To Godfath..
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Beats that changed the sound of mainstream hip-hop
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Video inside Passed Out in the Middle of the Freeway
82 comments
@wild'ish

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time