Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

n*ggas pretending that Kanye can rap.

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
167 viewing
 NBA Melo gettin that late night Twitter roasting
52 comments
most viewed right now
121 viewing
 Video inside A$AP Rocky goes in on Rita Ora, Calls Makonnen fat buddha and Rihanna
11 comments

top in section
66 viewing
 Video inside Step mom gives Her 12 Year Old Step Son A Fresh George Jefferson Cut F..
top in wild'ish
top in section
31 viewing
 Article inside Johnny Depp could face 10 years in prison for taking his dogs to Aust..
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 n*ggas pretending that Kanye can rap.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #41
kk504  space
space
$2,125 | 8404922
Kreemy said:
name a GREAT Pusha verse since So Appalled

first two that came to mind....

fu*k it, pusha t's verse on mercy, second only to 2chainz imo.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #42
kk504  space
space
$2,125 | 8404922
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #43
kk504  space
space
$2,125 | 8404922
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #44
CaliSteppin 28 heat pts28 space
space
$7,458 | POWERFUL
Kanye on New God Flow>Pusha
And I fu*ks with Pusha but come on how are you going to say Kanye cant rap
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #45
kk504  space
space
$2,125 | 8404922
CaliSteppin said:
lol n*gga pusha probably WROTE ye's verse on new god flow since he was featured on the same record.

kanye's ghostwriters >>>>>>>>>>>> kanye
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #46
kk504  space
space
$2,125 | 8404922
it's 2013 and n*ggas clearly cannot tell the difference between a dope and wack kanye verse.

wack kanye verse=self-written

dope kanye verse=written by someone else
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #47
AK2  space
space
$750 | 3824840
Kanye is great at what he does. He is not the most technically adept rapper. He knows how to put a high quality hip hop album together. I believe that is the most important ability a rapper should have and he has it.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #48
highcalibermusi 1 heat pts space
Thats my team...n*gga
space
$893 | 4736112
AK2 said:
Kanye is great at what he does. He is not the most technically adept rapper. He knows how to put a high quality hip hop album together. I believe that is the most important ability a rapper should have and he has it.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #49
FreshBoideuce 3 heat pts space
Young Barkley
space
$621 | 4819174
AK2 said:
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #50
kk504  space
space
$2,125 | 8404922
AK2 said:
you're confusing being a great rapper with being a great artist.

kanye is an incredible artist... but that has more to do with his production, the guests he features on his tracks, the ghostwriters he employs for his better verses, the visuals he picks for videos, the way he markets his stuff.

but kanye, as strictly a rapper (he he writes his own sh*t) is not very good.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #51
Denise4975 28 heat pts28 space
space
$732 | 15524366
Where is the logic here? Some of you are saying he can rap but acknowledge he has ghost writers?

I haven't fu*ked with Kanye since College Dropout. Truth be told he ISN'T a good rapper. He needs to stick to making beats. Not only that, his antics make me dislike him even further.

But.... I will give credit where credit is due. He is a monster on making beats, but I've never liked him behind the mic.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #52
Denise4975 28 heat pts28 space
space
$732 | 15524366
CaliSteppin said:
Anyone with an unlimited promotional budget and ghost writers can come off as if they can rap. The argument would be much closer if he wrote his own sh*t.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #53
Retro 82 heat pts82 space
#NightCall
space
$20,338 | POWERFUL
Denise4975 said:
Where is the logic here? Some of you are saying he can rap but acknowledge he has ghost writers?

I haven't fu*ked with Kanye since College Dropout. Truth be told he ISN'T a good rapper. He needs to stick to making beats. Not only that, his antics make me dislike him even further.

But.... I will give credit where credit is due. He is a monster on making beats, but I've never liked him behind the mic.

Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #54
Kreemy 5 heat pts space
Yeezus
space
$1,377 | 12643098
Denise4975 said:
Anyone with an unlimited promotional budget and ghost writers can come off as if they can rap. The argument would be much closer if he wrote his own sh*t.
You're putting him in the same box as Dr. Dre, just cause Cons said he wrote some sh*t for him doesn't mean he doesn't write his own lyrics in general. Cons doesn't know who's written for Kanye, he couldn't even answer that at the Breakfast club when he got put on the spot. Kanye credits his co-writers regardless so there's no secrets that Cons and Rhymefest have helped him pen verses. It's just now that it's coming out of Cons angry mouth that people want to pretend Kanye don't do sh*t.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #55
AK2  space
space
$750 | 3824840
kk504 said:
you're confusing being a great rapper with being a great artist.

kanye is an incredible artist... but that has more to do with his production, the guests he features on his tracks, the ghostwriters he employs for his better verses, the visuals he picks for videos, the way he markets his stuff.

but kanye, as strictly a rapper (he he writes his own sh*t) is not very good.
yeah. as I said in my post I know he isn't the best when it comes to technical skill. but there a lot of rappers with good technical skills that can't make good albums. I was just stating his strength as a rapper and artist. More rappers/emcees should focus on that. That is the skill that will make a rapper memorable in the annals of music history.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #56
VeX  space
Positive Vibration
space
$3,522 | 5231929
he can definitely rap only an idiot would deny that whether you're a fan or not.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #57
kk504  space
space
$2,125 | 8404922
Kreemy said:
You're putting him in the same box as Dr. Dre, just cause Cons said he wrote some sh*t for him doesn't mean he doesn't write his own lyrics in general. Cons doesn't know who's written for Kanye, he couldn't even answer that at the Breakfast club when he got put on the spot. Kanye credits his co-writers regardless so there's no secrets that Cons and Rhymefest have helped him pen verses. It's just now that it's coming out of Cons angry mouth that people want to pretend Kanye don't do sh*t.
nobody's saying ye doesn't write his own verses.... but clearly one can tell the difference between what kanye does and doesn't write.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #58
TheMob 80 heat pts80 space
Infinite
space
$7,933 | POWERFUL
Retro said:
You're making it real hard to fu*k with you dude...

Nah. Address the post. Kanye is average.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #59
kk504  space
space
$2,125 | 8404922
AK2 said:
yeah. as I said in my post I know he isn't the best when it comes to technical skill. but there a lot of rappers with good technical skills that can't make good albums. I was just stating his strength as a rapper and artist. More rappers/emcees should focus on that. That is the skill that will make a rapper memorable in the annals of music history.
i mean, even when his verse is trash he finds a way to include an incredible guest artist who either steals the show, or provides an amazing hook that completely distracts from whatever corny sh*t he spit.

that, or he employs someone like common or pusha to write him an incredible verse and everything just comes together perfectly.

either way, kanye as an artist doesn't miss the mark much. i'll never take that away from him. his production and guests are ALWAYS on point. i'ma fan of his albums.... i'm just not a fan of his self written verses.

Last edited by kk504; 01-26-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #60
Ant McQueen 10 heat pts10 space
space
$9,000 | POWERFUL
Kreemy said:

I don't know how many people on here have actually bought Kanye's albums (physical copies), but that's something Kanye has always done - given credit. No matter how big or small the contribution they were credited. Somebody could have shook the tambourine or did hand claps and they still received credit. There was nothing " ghost " about any of the contributions.

To me, what it sounds like is... at one point they were all in the trenches together and took advice from one another. People coaching you and flat out writing for you are two different things.

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
33 viewing
Image inside More Pics From Lionel "Chinx" Pickens Funeral [Instagram]
162 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
30 viewing
Image inside That Body....Kamaren Cole
49 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside Jay-Z and Beyonce at the headquarters of Tidal. Not one black employee
155 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Video inside Tinashe talks getting her pu**y slammed for the first time while watchi..
187 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Video inside Taraji P. Henson Twerks In A Bikini
33 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
18 viewing
Video inside Nicki Minaj (See-through Dress) - The Night is Still Young
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
17 viewing
May 26 - US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or ‘war will be inevitable’
114 comments
@news
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Got Em
30 comments
@gear
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Image inside Creshunda Miller Thick As Fvck
43 comments
@eyecandy

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time