This is BX @ Boxden.com

New 50 Cent thread courtesy of MTV this time...

New 50 Cent thread courtesy of MTV this time...
topic by Bobby's World - 02-05-2008, 09:05 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

50 Cent is working as if he were broke and partying like a billionaire. And while, for the record, he didn't dis Paris Hilton at her own birthday party, as far as some of his peers go, the G-Unit general isn't being as generous.

"There's no way they gonna survive me," 50 said Monday (February 4) at his G-Unit offices.

50 is back in New York after taking care of a full palette of activities outside the city: He was at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah a couple of weeks ago and at Super Bowl festivities — he was betting on his hometown team, who wound up becoming the champs — over the weekend in Arizona. On Monday, he and G-Unit released their mixtape Return of the Body Snatchers Vol. 1 via Fif's new networking Web site, ThisIs50.com. (There's no way you could have missed him wearing his "ThisIs50" T-shirts.) The Web site acts as part blog and part social-networking outlet, where you'll find all things 50 and G-Unit, as well as news and music concerning other artists.

"You should always expect me to be better than the guys you consider to be average artists," 50 — who is on the next cover of Vibe with Robert De Niro promoting his next film, "Righteous k!ll" — said about his Web site, comparing it to others. "I don't think there's nothing average about me as far as the opportunities or how far I would go. You see when I do G-Unit sneakers, I don't wear anything but G-Unit sneakers. When I do G-Unit clothes, I don't wear anything but G-Unit clothes. [With] VitaminWater, I don't commit to anything that's not a part of my lifestyle. I practice what I preach. That's not just my style. Trust me, I've had opportunities to do business ventures that I have turned down. I'm averaging 10,000 a people a week [on my Web site]."

50 is especially excited about the prospect of people across the globe getting his mixtapes as soon as his U.S. fans do, via ThisIs50.com.

"I gotta be able to come up with something contextually that's bigger and better as far as distributing the mixtape for marketing and promotional purposes," he said. "ThisIs50 was the perfect outlet for that. The traditional way of releasing a mixtape has been great. Whoo Kid is the biggest mixtape DJ in existence. But to reinvent it and to get [the fans' mouths] wet by [having] them downloading it, is Web news. People receive it. In Germany, Kosovo, based on our last tour, they became members of the social network, so they had the opportunity or option to download it immediately. It makes it a lot more effective. It gives me the world instead of just America."

While Body Snatchers is a prelude of what's to come on such future releases as 50's solo LP Before I Self Destruct and the G-Unit family album Lock and Load, it also has a throwback feel to the very first G-Unit mixtapes, because it only features the first three Unit members: Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo and 50.

"The G-Unit album is gonna be a lot better than that," 50 said of the older mixtapes. The General wasn't interested in speaking about the rumored friction between him and Young Buck, who has been focusing on building up his Cashville Records the past few months. "I already know what I'm doing. I'm back, I got my finger on the pulse. You see how they responded to just a mixtape."

"He's getting back to hunger mode," 50's show DJ, Whoo Kid, added. "He told everybody in the crew, 'We're gonna act like we ain't got no deal.' We're getting more creative with the original beats. The covers [of the mixtapes] are getting more creative. We're changing the whole aspect. It's marketing. Some people hate 50's success so bad, they don't wanna give him his props. I guess he's a$suming now he has to bust his a$s in 2008 to get it cracking. A lot of these rappers better get their dis raps ready. On the next mixtape, he's going in. I'm telling you right now, I'm moving to Hawaii."

"Some people do this because they actually make money off it," 50 said about making music. "I did this when I didn't have any money. It makes me feel better. I love what I do."

Over the weekend, rumors broke that during one of 50's Super Bowl weekend performances, he had shouted out Paris Hilton — who was at the show as part of her birthday celebration — and then promptly told her to "get the f--- off the stage" when she jumped up under the spotlight with the Unit. As rumor had it, the incident caused Hilton to burst into tears, and a photo of the heiress crying at a 50 Cent show on PageSix.com seemed to support the claim. 50 and Whoo Kid scoffed at the idea, though, saying the only part of the story that was factual was that they did give Paris a birthday shout-out onstage.

"It's no way we would kick Paris Hilton off the stage on her birthday," Whoo Kid said. "We ain't that heartless. I know 50 hates Ja Rule and Fat Joe, but he ain't that heartless to throw Paris Hilton ... off the stage. ... Somebody called me and asked me if Paris got kicked off. I was like, 'Huh?' She was dancing the whole time. She was having a good time. We hung with her afterwards. ... We kick her off her own stage and she's hanging with us? I guess people wanna hear, '50 threw Paris Hilton off the stage.' "

On Monday, footage of 50 kicking somebody — it's not clear who — offstage during one of his shows surfaced. The footage also shows a woman who appears to be Hilton in the front row of the concert partying at the time somebody is supposed to have gotten rudely dismissed.

Whoo Kid explained that the footage was actually taken during the Sundance Film Festival, not Super Bowl weekend, and that 50 did boot someone from the stage: a security guard.

"Paris was there too," Whoo Kid explained. "She was at the front of the stage also. But nah, we kicked a security n---a off. That's some security guy that kept jumping on the stage, picking sh-- up off the stage, pushing people back while we're performing. This di--head, we didn't even know him. Either he's security or works for the club, he keeps getting on the stage. ... But the video looks so generic, you can't tell. He got on the stage three, four times while we were performing. 50 got so pissed off, he said, 'Get the f--- off my stage.' Then I played 'Wanksta.' The guys was acting like a di---head."

"They are infatuated with me so much," 50 said about some of the false rumors and misreporting concerning him. "Whether I'm there or not or did it or not, they make it me to make it news.

"I'm in Croatia sniffing cocaine, did you hear?" he added sarcastically about a recent international headline. "I deal with this so often it doesn't make sense in me responding. Just like they go, 'Hip-Hop Scandals: Steroids.' The sh-- lasts for two days. Why? They put 50 Cent, who's the hottest [artist] in rap. They picked Mary J. Blige, who's the hottest [artist] in R&B. Tyler Perry, who's hot as hell in Hollywood right now. Timbaland, one of the hottest producers, and Wyclef, who's international, worldwide. Everybody they picked is somebody who has an international draw. You've seen all kinds of negative press on me that wasn't effective, that came and went because people know 'that ain't him.' "

As for the rumors that don't deal with the personal side of things, there's talk of 50 doing a U.S. tour sometime in the spring, but next on his itinerary is a run of Canada and Australia. There are no release dates on his or the G-Unit's next official projects, but expect constant mixtape material.

"Look at it right now: If you owned a publication, who would you put on the cover?" 50 asked. "Everybody's album is pushed back, [the people] need new music, they need new energy. We're giving it to them."

Source: MTV

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

27 comments for "New 50 Cent thread courtesy of MTV this time..."

02-05-2008, 09:10 AMaway - #2
illathruz 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$5,177 | POWERFUL
blah blah blah
 02-05-2008, 09:17 AMaway - #3
Young Bastard 

d 
space
$2,249 | 6225861
50 is dat nicca
 02-05-2008, 09:37 AMaway - #4
illathruz 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$5,177 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Young Bastard
50 is dat nicca
blah blah blah. isn't the gimmick getting old?
 02-05-2008, 09:41 AMaway - #5
DJKromeX 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$1,285 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by illathruz
damn why the hate? congratulate the ni##a for being smarter then you
 02-05-2008, 09:52 AMaway - #6
Young Bastard 

d 
space
$2,249 | 6225861
what the #### you talking bout ni##a, aint nobody with a ####ing gimmic but yo hating a$s negative net emo gimmic.
 02-05-2008, 09:53 AMonline - #7
youngmic 145 heat pts145

d 
space
$13,554 | POWERFUL
blah blah blah
lol...word!

50 smart and all but his bull#### gimmcks are hella old and played out. formula aint workin like it used to. humble up. in my opinion if dude humbled up. he would be a more appreciated artist from fans and non fans. no hate just sayin
 02-05-2008, 10:10 AMaway - #8
Bobby's World 5 heat pts

d 
space
$8,367 | POWERFUL
blah blah blah
Why check for him or even enter the thread?
Smells like jealousy and hatred.
Its entertainment just seeing you type ni##az react. I hope he does some more #### to make ya'll mad.

Damn 50 Cent is definitely better than your favorite. The only other ni##a that gets that much "I don't #### wit him, but I check for him all the time" attention is Jay-z.

Last edited by Bobby's World; 02-05-2008 at 10:38 AM..
 02-05-2008, 10:23 AMaway - #9
ICanDoIt 

d 
space
$2,036 | 5107142
I don't get it, ni##as wanted him to go back to his old ways, back to his Power of the Dollar type hungry...he's trying to do that...and ni##as still hate...some of them cats need more #### in they lives...
 02-05-2008, 10:33 AMaway - #10
slimwillie 

d 
space
$19,771 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ICanDoIt
I don't get it, ni##as wanted him to go back to his old ways, back to his Power of the Dollar type hungry...he's trying to do that...and ni##as still hate...some of them cats need more #### in they lives...
them same cats wouldn't know what to do with that ####
 02-05-2008, 10:45 AMaway - #11
young carl 

d 
space
$408 | 343352
Dis my man and all but will somebody please tell him to shut the #### up!!!
 02-05-2008, 11:07 AMonline - #12
youngmic 145 heat pts145

d 
space
$13,554 | POWERFUL
^Lol exactly..lol @ cats catchin feelings in here...aint that serious
 02-05-2008, 11:39 AMaway - #13
Nugen2384 

d 
space
$3,574 | 13617837
Originally Posted by youngmic
lol...word!

50 smart and all but his bull#### gimmcks are hella old and played out. formula aint workin like it used to. humble up. in my opinion if dude humbled up. he would be a more appreciated artist from fans and non fans. no hate just sayin
STFU, ni##a. You logon to this site and run to any thread with 50's name on it and give your vague insight. "No hate, just saying".....your contradicting yourself and you know it. I'm not even a big fan of this ni##a but the way some of you ni##as find the most insignificant, meaningless, irrelevant, etc (you get my point) #### to hate on the ni##a about is just sickening. "Humble up"??? Humble up??? Ask anyone who do business with 50 if he's humble or not. On a side note, other than Dipset, G-unit is only major crew I see that ####s with unknown producers, alot big names and est@blished artist won't do that.
 02-05-2008, 01:08 PMonline - #14
youngmic 145 heat pts145

d 
space
$13,554 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Nugen2384
STFU, ni##a. You logon to this site and run to any thread with 50's name on it and give your vague insight. "No hate, just saying".....your contradicting yourself and you know it. I'm not even a big fan of this ni##a but the way some of you ni##as find the most insignificant, meaningless, irrelevant, etc (you get my point) #### to hate on the ni##a about is just sickening. "Humble up"??? Humble up??? Ask anyone who do business with 50 if he's humble or not. On a side note, other than Dipset, G-unit is only major crew I see that ####s with unknown producers, alot big names and est@blished artist won't do that.
damn lolsomeone gettin hella emotional! lol another day at BX... if i was a hater u crybaby i wouldnt be bumpin his ####, as a person i dont like him but he makes good ####. yeah i said humble up....i will say it again..he needs to humble up. only respond to 50 threads? are u kiddin me? if u onmy d*ck that much then do your homework before u talk. i respond to almost all the threads in here so the #### u sayin is goin out the window. yeah i said humble up, i am talkin beef wise and negativity. read before u talk out your with your teaful replies. have a good oneamazin only at BX
 02-05-2008, 01:39 PMaway - #15
Nugen2384 

d 
space
$3,574 | 13617837
damn lolsomeone gettin hella emotional! lol another day at BX... if i was a hater u crybaby i wouldnt be bumpin his ####, as a person i dont like him but he makes good ####. yeah i said humble up....i will say it again..he needs to humble up. only respond to 50 threads? are u kiddin me? if u onmy d*ck that much then do your homework before u talk. i respond to almost all the threads in here so the #### u sayin is goin out the window. yeah i said humble up, i am talkin beef wise and negativity. read before u talk out your with your teaful replies. have a good oneamazin only at BX
Emotional???? Crybaby??? I'm not even gonna respond to that. I'll just let you stay ignorant.
 02-05-2008, 01:49 PMaway - #16
slimwillie 

d 
space
$19,771 | POWERFUL
i ain't sure about all that #### talkin you doin to this ni##a on BX but I agree 100% what you sayin bout 50. that ni##a do need to humble up before he's strugglin for gold.
 02-05-2008, 03:20 PMonline - #17
youngmic 145 heat pts145

d 
space
$13,554 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Nugen2384
Emotional???? Crybaby??? I'm not even gonna respond to that. I'll just let you stay ignorant.
yeah smart move
lol @ ignorant, just mad i got u on that....its cool, im not touchy , only the internet potna, and 50 aint nothing to get all serious over....
next time read before u try call me out as a hater or bull#### that i respond to every 50 thread. there are about 10 gunit appreciation song threads and even a str8 up hate thread on the man, and i aint even up in it. so read before u talk. aint nothin personal to u made it that way. peace:rolleyes:.
 02-05-2008, 03:22 PMonline - #18
youngmic 145 heat pts145

d 
space
$13,554 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by slimwillie
i ain't sure about all that #### talkin you doin to this ni##a on BX but I agree 100% what you sayin bout 50. that ni##a do need to humble up before he's strugglin for gold.
yeah homie thats all i am sayin, i am not knocing the man for wat hes done for himself with his success and business ventures. but he can easily k!ll all that bull#### hes caused with some of the beefs he pulled out his a$s. but i still salute dude and will play his ####.
 02-05-2008, 03:25 PMaway - #19
A-L-P 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,224 | 11703944
Go head 50.
 02-05-2008, 04:37 PMaway - #20
[BMAN] 

d 
space
$2,354 | 0
Props On The Read

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Titanfall teases 'biggest update' details for tomorr..
67 comments
NBA 4thQtrKobe with 3 consecutive baskets in the clutch
81 comments
NBA Sixers Won..Plans for Lottery Reform Fall Apart
64 comments
 Video inside Honey Cocaine - Curveball...exposing Thirsty Men And O...
New reply 33 seconds ago - 219 comments - by blafy
 Video inside Smack/url Presents- Shotgun Suge Vs Charron [discussio...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 142 comments - by ZeusSlaps
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spanky’s Gay Acc...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 78 comments - by ajeana
 NFL Brett Favre : "rams Austin Davis Can Be The Next ...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 59 comments - by theFREAK
  Tyga Praises Lil Wayne, Kanye, Jay-z & Em, Says Dr...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 106 comments - by mdemaz
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Speaks On Eminem And Jay-z (:truth:)
New reply 23 minutes ago - 156 comments - by BasedonMars
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Don’t Think Russell Wi...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 129 comments - by st21
 Article inside Apple Winning...ios 8.1 Is Out - Apple Pay Is Live (ev...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 60 comments - by mrfreak76

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.