b o x d e n     |     hiphop     sports     wild'ish     games     movies     news     eyecandy     tech     gear     rides  
trending now     hot topics today     all sections     videos     pics     tracks     headlines  


Nelly: Chief Keef Made Mistake With Record Deal

 Nelly: Chief Keef Made Mistake With Record Deal
topic by Dashawn38 - 03-12-2013, 06:05 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot







Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

41 comments for "Nelly: Chief Keef Made Mistake With Record Deal"


 03-12-2013, 06:28 PMaway - #2
mcmechmaster 

  d 
space
$654 | 1366082
Popeye
 03-12-2013, 06:39 PMaway - #3
240ka 23 heat pts23

  d 
space
$12,166 | POWERFUL
 03-12-2013, 06:47 PMaway - #4
CIDF 31 heat pts31

  d 
space
$8,548 | POWERFUL
damnn he just dropped GAME. nelly u needa stop it w all your music tho why dont u start a label and be a real ni##a
 03-12-2013, 06:50 PMaway - #5
Free Trotty 99 heat pts99

  d 
space
$5,958 | POWERFUL
 03-12-2013, 06:54 PMaway - #6
skillahmang 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$17,422 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CIDF
damnn he just dropped GAME. nelly u needa stop it w all your music tho why dont u start a label and be a real ni##a
most these rappers should be positioning themselves to do this ####. the thing is people blow up and then start labels. instead of studying the game and then starting a label and just putting full emphasis into it and leave the solo career alone.


 03-12-2013, 07:08 PMaway - #7
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$16,967 | POWERFUL
I don't think ni##as understand how smart a kid like Mac Miller is..

Keef not smart enough to go independent.

Plus he already proved he don't got the work ethic..

He don't even go to his own shows when the label setting them up for him. Now imagine you independent and gotta coordinate your own tour

For a ni##a like Keef he's better off just doing the label deal. Getting his little loan money from the label to floss with, then paying it back after the album flops

Better to have it and lost it, than never to have had it at all
 03-12-2013, 07:23 PMaway - #8
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$16,967 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Marcy Projects
ni##a you dont even know mac miller lol
Boy stop..

I've met Mac Miller on a couple of occasions (not that it's anything to brag about). I interned at Clear Channel Broadcasting when I was in college.

#### ima lie about that for?

Aint like I said I be chillin at Jay-Z crib


Keef a dummy. Get over it
 03-12-2013, 07:37 PMaway - #9
Free Trotty 99 heat pts99

  d 
space
$5,958 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMindOf
I don't think ni##as understand how smart a kid like Mac Miller is..

Keef not smart enough to go independent.

Plus he already proved he don't got the work ethic..

He don't even go to his own shows when the label setting them up for him. Now imagine you independent and gotta coordinate your own tour

For a ni##a like Keef he's better off just doing the label deal. Getting his little loan money from the label to floss with, then paying it back after the album flops

Better to have it and lost it, than never to have had it at all


You come in here saying this wild #### homie and not breaking it down

Keef aint even get to go on tour while Mac already been on 4 or 5 tours now, 3 of them was with Wiz as an opening act which built up most of the fanbase who supports his indy material

Mac already had a deal through a successful indy label in Rostrum before all of that and they made a smart business decision to throw him on a ticket with Wiz as an opening act for 20-30 shows off Kush & OJ hype, then the college tour, and then the Rolling Papers tour

All Keef shows was still in the midwest where he was getting show money for an appearance at a club and that was all last summer off the strength of his mixtape tracks/Youtube...Dont Like aint pop off nationally until Interscope signed him and pushed it...He aint never have a chance to do anything indy related because when 3hunna & later Dont Like first popped off he was sitting home on house arrest

So how he miss shows other than shows he done missed now while in a jail cell?

Lil ni##a got a problem staying in and out of jail and ####in up the show money

He missed a video shoot for what coulda been a hit single tho
 03-12-2013, 07:44 PMaway - #10
Nasty Neighbor 121 heat pts121

  d 
space
$17,335 | POWERFUL
would be true if keef didnt get a ####ing record deal which allows him his own label, headphones, and movie
 03-12-2013, 07:51 PMaway - #11
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$16,967 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Free Trotty


You come in here saying this wild #### homie and not breaking it down

Keef aint even get to go on tour while Mac already been on 4 or 5 tours now, 3 of them was with Wiz as an opening act which built up most of the fanbase who supports his indy material

Mac already had a deal through a successful indy label in Rostrum before all of that and they made a smart business decision to throw him on a ticket with Wiz as an opening act for 20-30 shows off Kush & OJ hype, then the college tour, and then the Rolling Papers tour

All Keef shows was still in the midwest where he was getting show money for an appearance at a club and that was all last summer off the strength of his mixtape tracks/Youtube...Dont Like aint pop off nationally until Interscope signed him and pushed it...He aint never have a chance to do anything indy related because when 3hunna & later Dont Like first popped off he was sitting home on house arrest

So how he miss shows other than shows he done missed now while in a jail cell?

Lil ni##a got a problem staying in and out of jail and ####in up the show money

He missed a video shoot for what coulda been a hit single tho

Aint nothing wild about the post..

All your post does is solidify what I'm saying about Mac.. He went indy and found his avenue through which to get his name out there (who cares if it was WIZ?)

That was just a smart career decision. He saw Wiz stock rising and went along for the ride. Now he's reaping his own benefits.

And by the time Keef got signed "Don't Like" already had like 12 million views on youtube, so Interscope pushing it had nothing to do with it's success..

If anything Kanye got that song Buzzing in the mainstream.


We just gonna pretend like Keef wasn't already missing shows to the point where he was getting sued for it?

and like his tour hadn't already BEEN cancelled since before he was crying on his way to Juvie?




That being said.. The Keef Chief wave is over.. Nobody care about that ni##a no more. His album flopped. His tour is cancelled. And he will likely be dropped and have his deal terminated (being as his deal stipulates that his debut has to sell 250k, which aint happening)

:shurg:
 03-12-2013, 07:53 PMaway - #12
Nasty Neighbor 121 heat pts121

  d 
space
$17,335 | POWERFUL
i knew this #### was gonna be in here with this "keef is done" horse####
 03-12-2013, 07:54 PMaway - #13
marcusaka50 32 heat pts32

  d 
space
$20,940 | POWERFUL
internet is just as powerful as tv,radio, and big labels.

I been saying this.
 03-12-2013, 07:56 PMaway - #14
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$16,967 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by YI-Drizzy
would be true if keef didnt get a ####ing record deal which allows him his own label, headphones, and movie
Not if he don't hit that 250k by December (which he won't) and that deal gets terminated (which it will)..

They aint putting up no movie budget for this ni##a

ni##a can't even sell in the medium he's supposed to, you think they tryna lose money on a movie too?

Although I would have loved to have seen a movie starring Keef Chief



Originally Posted by YI-Drizzy
i knew this #### was gonna be in here with this "keef is done" horse####
 03-12-2013, 07:57 PMaway - #15
Free Trotty 99 heat pts99

  d 
space
$5,958 | POWERFUL
But since we talkin about Keef made a mistake with his deal

He did the right thing with it

Them financial documents show he cashed out with his advance so even if he get dropped and dont see the 5/6 million that he would get it dont matter because he already done got more press in 5 months than Mac Miller has got in 3 years

Just take the GBE brand and go indy with it as long as he make sure he got the right management

While Mac is still a strictly hip hop secret doing the indy route...Keef done had his video on primetime ABC about gang violence being falsely portrayed as if he a young 2Pac and his message is influencing the minds of the "gangster" youths

Only like 3 times a year when you gonna see a rapper get press on any channel that start with a 0 or 1 and its either Jay/Yeezy/Em/Wayne/Drake/Nicki doing the Grammy's or AMA's, a rapper died, or a washed up rapper on a Fox reality show

Last edited by Free Trotty; 03-12-2013 at 08:00 PM..
 03-12-2013, 08:00 PMaway - #16
GLOCKN SKIMASK 39 heat pts39

  d 
space
$5,764 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMindOf
Not if he don't hit that 250k by December (which he won't) and that deal gets terminated (which it will)..

They aint putting up no movie budget for this ni##a

ni##a can't even sell in the medium he's supposed to, you think they tryna lose money on a movie too?

Although I would have loved to have seen a movie starring Keef Chief





if you honestly think interscope would drop him just to let another label to pick him up that mean you just a hata keef drop video trailers that getting a million views he not going any where no time soon
 03-12-2013, 08:00 PMaway - #17
Nasty Neighbor 121 heat pts121

  d 
space
$17,335 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMindOf
Not if he don't hit that 250k by December (which he won't) and that deal gets terminated (which it will)..

They aint putting up no movie budget for this ni##a

ni##a can't even sell in the medium he's supposed to, you think they tryna lose money on a movie too?

Although I would have loved to have seen a movie starring Keef Chief





ni##a aint even drop the video for hate being sober yet and hes still on track to sell 250k by december
 03-12-2013, 08:12 PMaway - #18
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$16,967 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by GLOCKN SKIMASK
if you honestly think interscope would drop him just to let another label to pick him up that mean you just a hata keef drop video trailers that getting a million views he not going any where no time soon
You ni##as still on this "youtube views" ####..

Lets do some math here..

25 million views on "I Don't Like" = 50k First week and 135k Sold to date

This ni##a album been out for like 4 months and still aint sold a lot of artist first week total yet


So what the hell do youtube views matter if they don't translate to sales?


You think the label that has

Dr. Dre, Eminem, Will i Am, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, Madonna, U2 etc. gives a #### about Chief Keef getting signed to some other label?

It aint like letting him go gon bankrupt the label. If anything they losing more money that they gaining on this ni##a. It'd likely be a welcome relief for them
 03-12-2013, 08:19 PMaway - #19
justinjones 245 heat pts245

  d 
space
$43,074 | POWERFUL
where are these headphones at

i swear half the sh!t they said they gave him is vanity
 03-12-2013, 08:24 PMaway - #20
Free Trotty 99 heat pts99

  d 
space
$5,958 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMindOf
Aint nothing wild about the post..

All your post does is solidify what I'm saying about Mac.. He went indy and found his avenue through which to get his name out there (who cares if it was WIZ?)

That was just a smart career decision. He saw Wiz stock rising and went along for the ride. Now he's reaping his own benefits.
I aint never say #### about Mac for doing that but just showing its different when you get a deal at 17 on an indy with no name grinding your way up(and Mac still grinding) to a dude who 17 and having a major label war over him while he living in his grandmother house


And by the time Keef got signed "Don't Like" already had like 12 million views on youtube, so Interscope pushing it had nothing to do with it's success..

If anything Kanye got that song Buzzing in the mainstream.
You right

The Dont Like Remix set it off nationally since they just played that instead of the OG track...and thats because the hook was so grimey they couldnt clean it up without destroying the song

No amount of Youtube views was ever gonna get that song on the radio in a place like Phoenix for example without Interscope sending the singles out




We just gonna pretend like Keef wasn't already missing shows to the point where he was getting sued for it?

and like his tour hadn't already BEEN cancelled since before he was crying on his way to Juvie?

Both them been proven to be tied into what I said before about him staying in and out of lock-up

He missed a show in the UK....all them promoters overseas needed to know was that his legal situation aint gonna let him leave the country

The tour was cancelled because the label knew he could possibly get sentenced to that mandatory 60 days and #### up all the shows they had booked in advance

Just on some promotional #### you can't cancel a tour 4 months in advance because of poor sales but ni##as took that and ran with it to say he took a L...if the venue aint gonna fill up then the local promoter for the show downsize to switch locations

since Keef was gonna be doing 1500-2000 people venues rather than arenas they aint have any reason to cancel every show....its not like he was only gonna get a small enough crowd to fit a coffee shop on open mic poetry night



That being said.. The Keef Chief wave is over.. Nobody care about that ni##a no more. His album flopped. His tour is cancelled. And he will likely be dropped and have his deal terminated (being as his deal stipulates that his debut has to sell 250k, which aint happening)

:shurg:
It depends on what he do when he get out

All his fans want is more ignorant videos and some new tracks

It aint like he gotta find a new formula to make that type of fanbase happy since ni##as like Gucci & Yo Gotti been going strong for damn near 8 years

Last edited by Free Trotty; 03-12-2013 at 08:30 PM..
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Smash Or Pass?: Lauren
51 comments
Image inside  Xbox store digital sales this weekend
52 comments
BOX FLOYD ADMITs IT " IM A RICH COWARD "
51 comments
 Image(s) inside :minimestopit:
New reply 15 minutes ago - 207 comments - by Ari Gold
  How Is Dej Loaf Famous? (might Be The Worst Performanc...
New reply 58 minutes ago - 185 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
  Hiphopdx's Review Of Rick Ross's "hood Billionare...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 75 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
 NFL Thanksgiving Day Football- 49ers Vs Seahawks 5:30pm(pst)
New reply 1 hour ago - 673 comments - by WiLL
 NFL Gobble Gobble Bi-ch.. Philadelphia Eagles (8-3) @ Dall...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 779 comments - by Kooper
 NBA Name An Nba Player That You Are Thankful For (no Stars...
New reply 1 hour ago - 56 comments - by iloveIT
  Nov 26 - Michael Brown's Mom: Darren Wilson Testimony ...
New reply 50 minutes ago - 121 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Dam Bx , Tay600 Really Mad At Me!
New reply 2 hours ago - 139 comments - by SlimDunkin

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,864 fans of BX | none new today 4,816 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.