online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Meek Mill: Cole & Kendrick"They're dope lyricists,great rappers..but they don't inspire me

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

9 years ago '04        #1
15527 page views
0 comments

d2921 
Props total: 5898 5 K  Slaps total: 1168 1 K
Meek Mill: Cole & Kendrick"They're dope lyricists,great rappers..but they don't inspire me

Meek Mill is in full promo mode for his new album Dreams Worth More Than Money and today he stopped by Power 105 to chop it up on all things life, love and music with the Voice of New York, Angie Martinez. Meek sounds more clear-headed than ever, revealing his overall mission statement is to keep hoods like his own inspired and focused on the right goals. Indeed, the majority of the interview is a sobering discussion on street mentality, police brutality (Meek recalls running into a cop who once assaulted him and stuck him with false charges), and the rampant funny behavior that pervades the industry (he says Dame Dash is often more right than people give him credit for).

But the best part is when he straight up admits that most of his contemporaries—including the likes of Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole—don't do much for him. "Keep it real, I don't even listen to nobody—I listen to Future. Future, Dej Loaf, Young Thug, of course the OGs like Jay Z." He gives his "Jump Out the Face" collaborator another shoutout before conceding that he's "feeling Drake's last CD" but as for Cole and Kendrick "They're dope lyricists, great rappers...but they don't inspire me. They don't seem like they're talking to me. And that ain't no hate." That's a refreshingly candid response considering how reluctant rappers are to give their true opinion these days.

Also, of course Angie's not going to let Meek go without a flurry of OMeeka questions. They're not engaged yet, but it's definitely something he sees in the future, re-iterating that she is indeed his Dream Girl. He also reveals they have friendly debates, or, as he refers to it "World War III," in the studio often. Apparently Nicki pushed him to make a radio song like "All Eyes on You;" he'd rather stick to the style of their previous collabs like "Dope Dealer." But of course, Nicki usually always wins.

http://www.complex.com/mu .. mpaign=musicfb
+4   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+418
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
96 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+347
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+525
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish