This is BX @ Boxden.com


Lupe Fiasco Goes On Twitter Rant Against "Uppity Black Ni--as," Defends Right Not To Vote


 Lupe Fiasco Goes On Twitter Rant Against "Uppity Black Ni--as," Defends Right Not To Vote
 09-21-2012, 10:27 AMaway - #61
knowughetto 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$10,667 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NotoriousKCK;24669406[B
]It's Lupe's constitutional right to not vote... I have no problem with that... but if you don't vote you don't have the right to !! about the state of affairs, either.[/b]

And I like his music, but every time he opens his mouth somewhere other than a recording booth I just shake my head. He might be the most conflicted, confused man in the music industry. And he can spare the "400 years of pain and agony" nonsense; it's not like he suffered any of it personally. Those people suffered and overcame that pain and agony to give him the civil rights he is so cavalierly brushing off as beneath him.

He sounds like a faux revolutionary fool with all of his contradictory nonsense. But he can rap really well, so he's got that going for him, I guess...
Don't matter if you vote or not...!! is still gonna be the same, if not worse...And besides, we the people don't decide who becomes president, its the Electoral College...How is this country and the government supposed to be about the people if our votes don't count? How are we supposed to have "power" and "voice our opinion" when the Electoral College and elites SELECT the presidents?
 09-21-2012, 10:29 AMaway - #62
Kingpin 313 47 heat pts47

  d 
space
$12,264 | POWERFUL
I swear you don't hear !! from them this lame until the album coming out
 09-21-2012, 10:52 AMaway - #63
DurtySoufReppin 62 heat pts62

  d 
space
$6,195 | POWERFUL
"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it."

-Mark Twain
 09-21-2012, 11:31 AMonline - #64
dlettern 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,106 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bigree61
i couldnt make it pass that


and naming three people and one of them is just as much white as he is black
I'm a Black professional who graduated from one of the toughest schools in NYC (Bryant High). I built my business learning from all of my experiences both good and bad. I used what I learned in school to apply towards my everyday worklife. To fall back on my color and/or history would've left me back in the hood.

Sure, !! might not be equal, but to say we should be angry and stagnant because of slavery? That's just retarded and lazy. Black Americans need to realize that we should be more like Jewish Americans. After the Holocaust, they got on their grind. While they live by the mantra "never forget", they don't use it as a crutch. same with the Koreans. Same with the Natives who hustled their way into the casino game.

There is no excuse for laziness
 09-21-2012, 11:33 AMonline - #65
dlettern 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,106 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by knowughetto
They fought and died for our rights to vote cause blacks weren't allowed to vote....but because they fought for our rights to vote doesn't mean that our votes count/matter. We all have the right to vote, but like I said it doesn't mean that it counts....I think Michael Moore is speaking on votes counting more than us having the rights to vote...
What I'm getting from your comment is that our Black ancestors died in vain. Is that correct? If so, I have no more words.

 09-21-2012, 11:41 AMaway - #66
knowughetto 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$10,667 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dlettern
What I'm getting from your comment is that our Black ancestors died in vain. Is that correct? If so, I have no more words.



Where did I say that? I just said that blacks fought and died for our RIGHT TO VOTE AND RIGHTS in general because we weren't allowed to vote....and I said just because we have the RIGHT TO VOTE that doesn't mean that OUR VOTE COUNTS. I NEVER said our ancestors died in vain, NEVER said that blacks died and fought for nothing. Learn how to read and comprehend...

Last edited by knowughetto; 09-21-2012 at 12:19 PM..
 09-21-2012, 12:13 PMaway - #67
Moony Jackson 245 heat pts245

  d 
space
$16,106 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Peterparker
Out of all the relevant and intelligent things he spoke about in that post you go out your way to pick at him using the term nicca?? Man if that aint a crab in the bucket house ****** mentality. How you gone call him out for being "self righteous black empowerment" (as if you know what that means) and you don't do !! for the people?

nicca WAKE UP!!!! It's clear you DON'T GET IT
so any black person that chooses to exercise their right to vote is a house nicca?

and its a crabs in the barrel mentality for me to call him out on saying nicca?

I think you got it confused. I'm just calling lupe out for being a hypocrite

if he wants people to take his message in his music seriously, then he has to follow what he preaches

its funny how he criticizes chief keef for promoting violence in his music but lupe himself is promoting ignorance and misusing his influence

he calls for black people to stop saying nicca in his song, but he on twitter acting ignorant as !! and calling black people "uppity black niccas" and being ignorant. he needs to be consistent
 09-21-2012, 12:31 PMaway - #68
hood135 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,607 | POWERFUL
He kept it a thousand. Crazy seeing people hate on what he had to say because all of it is truth and from the heart...I know this because I feel the same way.

But, if you're not gonna vote, you need to be ready to move forward on some revolutionary type !! because if you don't, exercising you right not to vote is all for not.
 09-21-2012, 12:44 PMaway - #69
hood135 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,607 | POWERFUL
Can't wrap my head around young black men in this country hating on the statement that he's making. We can agree and disagree about the voting !! but the real issues that effect our everyday lives are never addressed by the people that he's shooting at.

I commend him for that !! and wouldn't mind him being my voice on certain issues. That's just me though.
 09-21-2012, 12:58 PMaway - #70
Moony Jackson 245 heat pts245

  d 
space
$16,106 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hood135
Can't wrap my head around young black men in this country hating on the statement that he's making. We can agree and disagree about the voting !! but the real issues that effect our everyday lives are never addressed by the people that he's shooting at.

I commend him for that !! and wouldn't mind him being my voice on certain issues. That's just me though.
hes not offering a solution to voting though. so I don't see how you can commend him for simply saying don't vote because they don't care. so where is the better solution then?
 09-21-2012, 01:00 PMaway - #71
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,211 | 14907827
Originally Posted by abstractq
I disagree

to me, if youre out there voting, then you lose some of the right to !! about the way things are. You perpetuate the same bull!! over and over just by voting to keep it all in place. Like if you know a guy is kinda slimy, but he's the lesser of two evils, how can you then turn around and !! about how slimy the guy you elected is? You knew he was !!ed up from the beginning and you put him into power

people would do themselves a lot more good in the long run if they were willing to withhold their vote and make these politicians really address their concerns
over explained but accurate
 09-21-2012, 01:03 PMaway - #72
marcusaka50 29 heat pts29

  d 
space
$19,631 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Moony Jackson
hes not offering a solution to voting though. so I don't see how you can commend him for simply saying don't vote because they don't care. so where is the better solution then?
lupe never told everybody not to vote somebody asked him a question and he gave his honest opinion.
 09-21-2012, 01:09 PMaway - #73
Peterparker 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$12,919 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dlettern
I'm a Black professional who graduated from one of the toughest schools in NYC (Bryant High). I built my business learning from all of my experiences both good and bad. I used what I learned in school to apply towards my everyday worklife. To fall back on my color and/or history would've left me back in the hood.

Sure, !! might not be equal, but to say we should be angry and stagnant because of slavery? That's just retarded and lazy. Black Americans need to realize that we should be more like Jewish Americans. After the Holocaust, they got on their grind. While they live by the mantra "never forget", they don't use it as a crutch. same with the Koreans. Same with the Natives who hustled their way into the casino game.

There is no excuse for laziness
Speaking on how slavery effects us today is not laziness but a !!ing reality. Not to mention Lupe is more successful and in a higher position of influence then YOU so how can that equate to laziness? Use logic and not generalization. You can't compare the Holocaust to 500 plus years of enslavement. That's generations upon generations of programming. It's not even about being a victim because some of the most successful black people realize this. I mean look at your way of thinking it's flawed as !!. The Natives and their "casino game" has little to no impact on the impoverished reservations in America. I mean have you been to a reservation? Some of the poorest places in the country. Some are far worst then black areas in America. But of course you clearly being an easy brainwashed person don't see this because they don't show this on mainstream tv and how many Native Americans do you know? And I aint talking about "Oh I got Indian in my family"

To identify slavery as the root of our problems is stating facts and dealing with history. Why the hell do you think we have historians for? Nobody uses slavery as an excuse to not get a job. It's plenty of people from every race in this country who can't find work and it's not because of laziness or "slavery". It's obvious you have no clue on the history of race and economics in this country and how it is still the same method to this day. Not just in this country but around the globe. The poorest countries on the planet are countries that are full of dark skinned people. If there is a white demographic and a people of color demographic in any country you will see the same dynamic as you do in this country. Now if you think it just boils down to being lazy then damn near most people of African and Indigenous descent is simply Lazy all over the world huh?

Originally Posted by Moony Jackson
so any black person that chooses to exercise their right to vote is a house nicca?

and its a crabs in the barrel mentality for me to call him out on saying nicca?

I think you got it confused. I'm just calling lupe out for being a hypocrite

if he wants people to take his message in his music seriously, then he has to follow what he preaches

its funny how he criticizes chief keef for promoting violence in his music but lupe himself is promoting ignorance and misusing his influence

he calls for black people to stop saying nicca in his song, but he on twitter acting ignorant as !! and calling black people "uppity black niccas" and being ignorant. he needs to be consistent
Where are yall getting that Lupe said, "If you vote your a house negro?" He responded to Roland Martin and D.L. Hugley for attacking him for what he believed in. And he said them 2 negros were house niccas and not because of voting but there mentality and dependency on voting and the government as if that's the ONLY solution to our problems. It takes more then relying on someone else who doesn't have your best interest anyway to fix your OWN problems.

You damn right it's a crab in a bucket mentality for you to focus on that instead of focusing on a much bigger issue. I mean you telling me you don't contradict to some extent? And life is all about progression my man. I'm pretty sure he wanted black ppl to get away from using the term nicca but that doesn't mean if he get's angry he might throw back at somebody to defend himself. He only human. It's contradicting if he says I don't use the word ever and neither do you and then turns around and use it.

How is lupe promoting ignorance? Because of his usage of the term nicca? Is that the best you can come up with? Let's see Chief Keef raps about murking,selling drugs, degrading women and somehow Lupe is the same?? Maybe i'm missing something here. Like do you not comprehend what Lupe is saying? It's not that hard fam

Last edited by Peterparker; 09-21-2012 at 01:12 PM..
 09-21-2012, 01:10 PMaway - #74
Moony Jackson 245 heat pts245

  d 
space
$16,106 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by marcusaka50
lupe never told everybody not to vote somebody asked him a question and he gave his honest opinion.
then he could have easily said no comment and not chose to put his backwards views out there

words is powerful and people are easily influenced. you got a bunch of these idiots who are agreeing with him and further disenfranchising their interests

if he chose to put his opinion out there he should have also came with a solution because its a real topic that needs intelligence and insight not just candor and defiance
 09-21-2012, 01:12 PMonline - #75
Illstreet 35 heat pts35

  d 
space
$16,959 | POWERFUL
So sick of this cat...
 09-21-2012, 01:18 PMaway - #76
Michael_Moore 321 heat pts321

  d 
space
$14,481 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Illstreet
So sick of this cat...
i'm so sick of you...
 09-21-2012, 01:22 PMaway - #77
OG T Gutta N|M 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,946 | POWERFUL
Written in 09
Citigroup Memo from 06
You see Michael Moore highlights a confidential report that Citigroup initially circulated only to it's wealthiest customers. Those reports, since leaked, plainly discuss the power of the Plutonomy in America, and how it would only strengthen, as long as the "the rest us" (the non-plutonics) could be kept in the dark about the Plutonomy existence, its role, and its over-arching control in the American Economy.

Even though the Plutonomy (the top 1%) control over 50% of the net worth in America -- they don't control the Votes!

The thing they most fear is the principle of "one person -- one vote".


You see despite their extreme wealth and power, they only have 1% of the vote; "the rest us" control the other 99% of the votes. So if we ever caught on and, I don't know, maybe raised their taxes back to where it use to be (40-90% range), well maybe they couldn't have a Yacht in every city, or a Mansion in a half dozen states. Maybe they couldn't "lose count" of how many homes they owned.
Originally Posted by Citigroup Memo
Our whole plutonomy thesis is based on the idea that the rich will keep getting richer. This thesis is not without its risks. For example, a policy error leading to a$set deflation, would likely damage plutonomy. Furthermore, the rising wealth gap between the rich and poor will probably at some point lead to a political backlash. Whilst the rich are getting a greater share of the wealth, and the poor a lesser share, political enfrachisement remains as was -- one person, one vote (in the plutonomies). At some point it is likely that labor will f!ght back against the rising profit share of the rich and there will be a political backlash against the rising wealth of the rich. This could be felt through higher taxation on the rich (or indirectly though higher corporate taxes/regulation) or through trying to protect indigenous [home-grown] laborers, in a push-back on globalization -- either anti-mmigration, or protectionism. We donít see this happening yet, though there are signs of rising political tensions. However we are keeping a close eye on developments.



Lupe says voting doesn't matter
Big Bank Citigroup says voting does matter

but you place your faith in this nicca , stupidity at its' finest
 09-21-2012, 01:23 PMaway - #78
Moony Jackson 245 heat pts245

  d 
space
$16,106 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Peterparker
Speaking on how slavery effects us today is not laziness but a !!ing reality. Not to mention Lupe is more successful and in a higher position of influence then YOU so how can that equate to laziness? Use logic and not generalization. You can't compare the Holocaust to 500 plus years of enslavement. That's generations upon generations of programming. It's not even about being a victim because some of the most successful black people realize this. I mean look at your way of thinking it's flawed as !!. The Natives and their "casino game" has little to no impact on the impoverished reservations in America. I mean have you been to a reservation? Some of the poorest places in the country. Some are far worst then black areas in America. But of course you clearly being an easy manipulative person don't see this because they don't show this on mainstream tv and how many Native Americans do you know? And I aint talking about "Oh I got Indian in my family"

To identify slavery as the root of our problems is stating facts and dealing with history. Why the hell do you think we have historians for? Nobody uses slavery as an excuse to not get a job. It's plenty of people from every race in this country who can't find work and it's not because of laziness or "slavery". It's obvious you have no clue on the history of race and economics in this country and how it is still the same method to this day. Not just in this country but around the globe. The poorest countries on the planet are countries that are full of dark skinned people. If there is a white demographic and a people of color demographic in any country you will see the same dynamic as you do in this country. Now if you think it just boils down to being lazy then damn near most people of African and Indigenous descent is simply Lazy all over the world huh?



Where are yall getting that Lupe said, "If you vote your a house negro?" He responded to Roland Martin and D.L. Hugley for attacking him for what he believed in. And he said them 2 negros were house niccas and not because of voting but there mentality and dependency on voting and the government as if that's the ONLY solution to our problems. It takes more then relying on someone else who doesn't have your best interest anyway to fix your OWN problems.

You damn right it's a crab in a bucket mentality for you to focus on that instead of focusing on a much bigger issue. I mean you telling me you don't contradict to some extent? And life is all about progression my man. I'm pretty sure he wanted black ppl to get away from using the term nicca but that doesn't mean if he get's angry he might throw back at somebody to defend himself. He only human. It's contradicting if he says I don't use the word ever and neither do you and then turns around and use it.

How is lupe promoting ignorance? Because of his usage of the term nicca? Is that the best you can come up with? Let's see Chief Keef raps about murking,selling drugs, degrading women and somehow Lupe is the same?? Maybe i'm missing something here. Like do you not comprehend what Lupe is saying? It's not that hard fam
I don't even

first of all clearly you're a biased lupe fan who think he can never do wrong

you say its ok for him to contradict himself and then you expect people to take him seriously?

you say its ok for him to rap like chuck d but then get on twitter and act ignorant like waka flocka?

hes not consistent and he doesn't lead by example

going on a rant about uppity black niccas is in itself a crab in the barrel thing and clearly you can't see that

hes not the first rapper to ever get criticized for his views. does that make it ok for him to go on social media and be ignorant and talk down on other black people?
 09-21-2012, 01:26 PMaway - #79
marcusaka50 29 heat pts29

  d 
space
$19,631 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Moony Jackson
then he could have easily said no comment and not chose to put his backwards views out there

words is powerful and people are easily influenced. you got a bunch of these idiots who are agreeing with him and further disenfranchising their interests

if he chose to put his opinion out there he should have also came with a solution because its a real topic that needs intelligence and insight not just candor and defiance
Why should he not say what he wants?...He don't represent you.....He say what the !! he want to say just like you can.

Everybody is easily influenced whether you vote or don't vote.

Maybe Lupe is or isn't good at explaining his solution...I don't know.

But there is alot of people who feel the same way Lupe does.

Some of those people get to be looked at on tv as crazy or not smart at all.

We need somebody who can represent the people that feel that way.

Somebody who can explain it but to the point it make sense to the world.

We need another MLK type person because after he died !! change for the good for everybody.
 09-21-2012, 01:27 PMaway - #80
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,211 | 14907827
Originally Posted by dlettern
No offense taken as I did understand the post. There is never a good reason to call brothers and sisters "black nicca anything". Black people should have opinions and discuss them freely without calling each other niccas. The disrespect is awful. This dude claims to be all militant, but has done zero to create or support any substantial political movement. All hot air
i get it. thats a cool way to look at things and good way to stay positive but thats not everyone's reality. sometimes a nicca needs to remember he's a nicca. as ignorant as that sounds, this is still very much a white man's country no matter the race of our president. and whoever denies that is who you should pay more attention to.

Last edited by slimdogg3325; 09-21-2012 at 01:33 PM..
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
    
         
Mark Forums Read

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Vintage Pam Grier In The 1970's.......
60 comments
Article inside  Ice Cube: Ride Along Was "Robbed" at MTV Movie Award..
75 comments
All Next Gen Console Owners: System off or Standby
55 comments
 Image(s) inside Post Pics: If Bx Was A Person
New reply 33 seconds ago - 103 comments - by mcrw4
 Image(s) inside This Sh-t Is Crazy Son
New reply 5 minutes ago - 102 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Image(s) inside Rappers With Fake Watches Put On Blast!
New reply 2 minutes ago - 152 comments - by ChickzNKickz
 NBA Damian Lillard's New Footlocker Commercial "no Ri...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 68 comments - by Motion
 NCAAB The Shabazz Effect: Ncaa Will Now Allow Division I Stu...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 71 comments - by ogballer32
 Article inside Stevie J's Babymama Has A $ex Tape Coming Out
New reply 8 minutes ago - 216 comments - by Dead Masons
 Image(s) inside Godfather 50 Posting Pics On Twitter Of All The Famous...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 79 comments - by HipHopFactz
 MLB Espn First Take With An Ignorant Tweet On Jackie Robin...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 131 comments - by theFREAK

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,697 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,652 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.