b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Lupe Fiasco - Around My Way [Video]

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Lupe Fiasco - Around My Way [Video]
 06-28-2012, 06:48 AMaway - #81
Just BizNis 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$7,040 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Illuminati
A Michael Jackson jacket or a daft mask
Purple Jordans or the mixed girl in your math class

What does Lupe mean here? Is it the allure of attaining something iconic or something we all crave? The mixed girl part threw me off
He's using metaphors for the previous bar "now everybody want it like the last laugh"

The gorgeous smart girl is definitely something to want
 06-28-2012, 06:49 AMaway - #82
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$2,657 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Illuminati
Purple Jordans or the mixed girl in your math class

What does Lupe mean here? Is it the allure of attaining something iconic or something we all crave? The mixed girl part threw me off
I thought he said "purple Jordans ON the mixed girl in your math class"

"Now everybody want it like a last laugh
Purple Jordans on the mixed girl in your math class"

It's just an example of things we want, materialism, lust, whatever.

I cant speak on the daft mask, not my element, but growing up everybody I knew wanted a thriller jacket, and everyone loves a pretty girl in some J's.
 06-28-2012, 06:51 AMonline - #83
Trilluminati GA 358 heat pts358

d 
space
$34,268 | POWERFUL
been sleeping on Lupe hard, this #### got me awoke. Song is refreshing and a breah of fresh air in hip hop where heavy smoke lingers. To be honest I liked Kick/Push and slept on that. Mos Def gonna keep my eyes open on Lupe and hope for a Pete Rock & CL Smooth remix.

props 2 ts

Last edited by Trilluminati GA; 06-28-2012 at 07:09 AM..
 06-28-2012, 07:05 AMaway - #84
RokkyRok 46 heat pts46

d 
space
$5,585 | POWERFUL
The visuals brought the track out more, def a pre order on that FL2.

Originally Posted by BluCupShawty
been sleeping on Lupe hard, this #### got me awoke. Song is refreshing and a breah of fresh air in hip hop where heavy smoke lingers. To be honest I liked Kick/Push and slept on that. Mos Def gonna keep my eyes open on Lupe and hope for a Pete Rock & CL Smooth remix.
Now that would be some ####.
 06-28-2012, 07:20 AMonline - #85
Trilluminati GA 358 heat pts358

d 
space
$34,268 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ROKKYROK
The visuals brought the track out more, def a pre order on that FL2.

Now that would be some ####.
mos def a good look 4 hip hop
 06-28-2012, 07:31 AMaway - #86
WordOnThaStreet 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$1,598 | POWERFUL
smh @ people calling actually using your brain to write records with substance "preachiness". idiots
 06-28-2012, 08:06 AMonline - #87
PrinceDeville25 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$3,367 | 16700884
looking forward to F&L2
 06-28-2012, 08:43 AMaway - #88
TH35 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$58,336 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Carib Breeze
Pete Rock need to make a cameo
 06-28-2012, 08:45 AMaway - #89
shadydre85 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$5,789 | POWERFUL
 06-28-2012, 09:36 AMaway - #90
GetuOne 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$4,468 | POWERFUL
About two more years of hair growth and he'll finally fit the Black Panthers image he's been seeking.
 06-28-2012, 10:28 AMonline - #91
Knowledgeable 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$8,179 | POWERFUL
 06-28-2012, 10:39 AMonline - #92
RubbahBandMayn 

d 
space
$7,144 | POWERFUL
NICEEEE!!
 06-28-2012, 10:55 AMaway - #93
Retro 78 heat pts78

d 
space
$19,857 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hayday12
Because the complaints are being dismissed as irrelevant issues. Then you have people who think the people complaining are annoying so they ignore it. Then you have the people who live a pretty good life so they really can't relate with the people complaining so they ignore it also. There is a lot of variables involved.
Cop out after cop out dude. You listed names to indicate that there were multiple people simply complaining about the state of political and social affairs in this country in order to show that Lupe wasn't the only one. Now there's supposed to be less people than Lupe because those same issues that were prevalent before are now irrelevant? Circular logic won't work here...

It's a small scale example. Now imagine on a larger scale people from every state putting that type of pressure on our government as a whole.
A few already have. It's called the #OccupyMovement. How successful has that been so far? I'll wait...

Couldn't Lupe say the same thing? You complain that Lupe complains too much but he can't force people to listen to him. He can tell people to read and research but he can't make them do it.
If people were that stupid him telling them to do so still wouldn't matter because they wouldn't be able to comprehend what he was telling them to learn in the first place.

You need something better than this sorry excuse, people are not that stupid.

Are you serious? So your country is doing bad and your first thought is to leave? Are you looking for instant gratification? Tell me at which point in history did change happen instantly. I'll wait
How can you sit on the sidelines ####ing at the ref but stay at the game if you hate it so much? All Lupe does is cry terrorist this, tyranny that. How can he allow himself to stay a part of such a terrible entity if he can't stand it? Explain that logic to me because you've failed time and time again to prove how complaining is changing things.

Who said it was supposed to be instant? I see NO fruits of Lupe's labor. Show me in explicit detail how Lupe complaining on wax has contributed significantly to the changes in our social & political environment. I want sources from CNN, MSNBC, BBC, etc. - in other words well respected and credited news sources. Again, I'll wait...

Complaining helps identify what laws needs to be changed. Once that happens you can start trying to implement better laws.
At first you said there wasn't really anything you could do, now complaining is supposed to be the band-aid?

I'll ask you yet again, when is Lupe going to stop identifying and start rectifying? CLEARLY the people in Washington aren't listening and (god I'm getting tired of repeating myself) awareness in and of itself is NOT a solution.

Exactly. Now what do you do when a bad politician is put into office? Do you say anything about? Or would that be considered complaining?
You do all that you can to make sure the BEST of the bad is put into office. Politicians suck, but don't sit here and act like there aren't better candidates than others to put in office. The government is supposed to be homogenous but with all the childish bickering and bull#### in Washington nothing gets done. If we put immature and poor politicians in office who's fault is that? OURS.

Great political success that took time and effort
Notice the success didn't come from complaining...

When people start paying attention
For like the 50th time awareness in and of itself is NOT a solution. Paying attention to the bull#### doesn't mean it'll stop it just means you're watching it now and allowing it to continue...

Your issue isn't really with Lupe himself. It's with the people.
My issue is with Lupe and anybody else with dirty hands that try to point clean fingers...

-----

At one of you calling Lupe a revolutionary. I feel sorry for some of you actually following this dude like he's a smaller version of Malcolm X. The difference between he and Malcolm is that Malcolm DEMONSTRATED. He worked with MLK Jr. to get legislation passed in order to get REAL change. He didn't just sit on his a$s whining about things, he made sure that someway somehow the LAWS would be different. Lupe is NOT doing this and HAS NOT been this entire time...
 06-28-2012, 10:59 AMaway - #94
GameTheory 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$6,422 | POWERFUL
Retro wants Lupe to run for office instead of speaking on his problems.
 06-28-2012, 11:50 AMaway - #95
CTR 376 heat pts376

d 
space
$2,978 | POWERFUL
Lupe back ...

06-28-2012, 11:51 AMaway - #96
Jeezydasnowman 92 heat pts92

d 
space
$2,111 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ImInHerMouth
Is it "Words I Never Said" or is it "Out of My Head"?

really? He is someone that got famous and wants to speak out against the corruption. Its what EVERY smart famous person witha following should do, and Charlie Sheen is another one. "If you dont become an actor youll never be a factor." He cant make every single song against the government because then he wont have any radio play...So he throws in just a couple.
 06-28-2012, 01:04 PMonline - #97
hayday12 58 heat pts58

d 
space
$2,275 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Retro
Cop out after cop out dude. You listed names to indicate that there were multiple people simply complaining about the state of political and social affairs in this country in order to show that Lupe wasn't the only one. Now there's supposed to be less people than Lupe because those same issues that were prevalent before are now irrelevant? Circular logic won't work here...

Sigh, How did you get that out of my response? My point was, by your logic, anybody speaking on government issues can be dismissed by saying they're just complaining.

A few already have. It's called the #OccupyMovement. How successful has that been so far? I'll wait...

The occupy movement started in November of last year. Tell me a movement that accomplished it's goal in changing the whole political platform in less than a year? I'll wait.

If people were that stupid him telling them to do so still wouldn't matter because they wouldn't be able to comprehend what he was telling them to learn in the first place.

You need something better than this sorry excuse, people are not that stupid.

You most not know a lot of people then. Affordable Care Act just got upheld today and some people said they were moving to Canada because of it. Only Canada uses provincial government healthcare systems and public health insurance. Which is similar to Affordable Care. But please continue to tell me how people are not that stupid.

How can you sit on the sidelines ####ing at the ref but stay at the game if you hate it so much? All Lupe does is cry terrorist this, tyranny that. How can he allow himself to stay a part of such a terrible entity if he can't stand it? Explain that logic to me because you've failed time and time again to prove how complaining is changing things.

How about because we are born in this country and we want to see it become a better place? I'm sorry but telling someone to leave if they don't like how things are running is dumb as ####. By this standard no political change would ever had come about.

Who said it was supposed to be instant? I see NO fruits of Lupe's labor. Show me in explicit detail how Lupe complaining on wax has contributed significantly to the changes in our social & political environment. I want sources from CNN, MSNBC, BBC, etc. - in other words well respected and credited news sources. Again, I'll wait...

At first you said there wasn't really anything you could do, now complaining is supposed to be the band-aid?

I'll ask you yet again, when is Lupe going to stop identifying and start rectifying? CLEARLY the people in Washington aren't listening and (god I'm getting tired of repeating myself) awareness in and of itself is NOT a solution.

Nobody ####ing said awareness is the end all solution. I even stated that in my first response to you. So you repeating yourself is your own damn fault.

You do all that you can to make sure the BEST of the bad is put into office. Politicians suck, but don't sit here and act like there aren't better candidates than others to put in office. The government is supposed to be homogenous but with all the childish bickering and bull#### in Washington nothing gets done. If we put immature and poor politicians in office who's fault is that? OURS.

This seems more like an issue with the people more than with Lupe.

Notice the success didn't come from complaining...

Notice how I didn't say it did. Notice how I said it took time and effort. Notice that the definition of effort is conscious exertion of power : hard work. Do you notice how I'm saying it takes more than just complaining. Maybe now that you notice it you can stop repeating yourself.

For like the 50th time awareness in and of itself is NOT a solution. Paying attention to the bull#### doesn't mean it'll stop it just means you're watching it now and allowing it to continue...

Again repeating yourself for no reason.

My issue is with Lupe and anybody else with dirty hands that try to point clean fingers...

Did you make that up yourself? Because it doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Or at least it doesn't really apply to Lupe.

-----

At one of you calling Lupe a revolutionary. I feel sorry for some of you actually following this dude like he's a smaller version of Malcolm X. The difference between he and Malcolm is that Malcolm DEMONSTRATED. He worked with MLK Jr. to get legislation passed in order to get REAL change. He didn't just sit on his a$s whining about things, he made sure that someway somehow the LAWS would be different. Lupe is NOT doing this and HAS NOT been this entire time...
So how exactly did Martin and Malcolm get legislation passed in the government? Did they just go right up to the government and say "Hey mister government! Can we talk to you about giving us some more freedom?" Or did they complain? If you say the occupy movement is just a group of people complaining then what was Montgomery Bus Boycott? A group of negros complaining. Albany movement? A group of negros complaining. Birmingham campaign? A group of negros complaining. March on Washington? A group of negros complaining. Mind you the civil rights movement last for 13 years before things really started to change.

Oh and P.S Malcolm X and MLK only met each other one time in their entire life and that was to hear the debate on Civil Rights Act of 1964. An Act was only created in response to the protests by blacks(You know those people that were complaining.) They never actually discussed any legislation with each other.

Last edited by hayday12; 06-28-2012 at 01:11 PM..
 06-28-2012, 02:44 PMaway - #98
Retro 78 heat pts78

d 
space
$19,857 | POWERFUL
You most not know a lot of people then. Affordable Care Act just got upheld today and some people said they were moving to Canada because of it. Only Canada uses provincial government healthcare systems and public health insurance. Which is similar to Affordable Care. But please continue to tell me how people are not that stupid.
So all of humanity is stupid because a few dumbasses don't understand the way the government policies work? Love blanket statements.

Tell me something, if people familiarized themselves with more government policies instead of regurgitating what their favorite media outlets spoon fed them would they be this stupid? No, they wouldn't be. But what do they do instead? Complain and then talk about moving. If this example was supposed to help you I'm not sure how. You just made my point for me inadvertently...

How about because we are born in this country and we want to see it become a better place? I'm sorry but telling someone to leave if they don't like how things are running is dumb as ####. By this standard no political change would ever had come about.
No, what's dumb as #### is people ####ing and moaning but not doing a damn thing to fix the situation. Complaining is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it gets you nowhere. ACTING does and NO complaining is not acting. It's watching and expressing distaste for whatever is being observed. It is NOT the act of attempting to change what is observed.

Nobody ####ing said awareness is the end all solution. I even stated that in my first response to you. So you repeating yourself is your own damn fault.
Dude I don't know how many times you've said people "paying attention" was the solution. You've said multiple times that Lupe identifying the issues for people to become aware is the solution. You didn't mention anything else. In fact, you even said there's nothing else that could be done besides complaining and shedding light on the issues. Well if they're so damn blatant WHY isn't anything else being changed? Oh, that's right, because giving exposure then complaining doesn't fix ####.

Notice how I didn't say it did. Notice how I said it took time and effort. Notice that the definition of effort is conscious exertion of power : hard work. Do you notice how I'm saying it takes more than just complaining. Maybe now that you notice it you can stop repeating yourself.
Notice how your entire point has been complaining leads to change this, it exposes issues that - but the hard work here is only the complaining. What hard work is left to be done then? Movements? Because movements like the non-existent ones that Lupe leads DO NOT lead to change. He just hops on his soap box, ####es and whines, shoots a video for it, then does the same exact track a few years later with the same theme.

If you think #### like that ^ is hard work no wonder you follow Lupe and don't think he's being preachy, you're just as misguided as he is.

Oh & I like how the only thing you have for me is a google link when I asked for explicit details. I guess that's because there aren't any because like I've been saying this whole damn time Lupe's work on wax has NOT led to anything of significance in the political atmosphere and it WILL NOT until he actually starts pushing for legitimate change.

Did you make that up yourself? Because it doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Or at least it doesn't really apply to Lupe.
No, I didn't make that up myself but it makes perfect sense and here's why:

Lupe doesn't do #### but complain. You looked for evidence to the contrary, failed to find it and just threw a google link at me. This means you realize the first sentence is true (and if not stop kidding yourself).

The #### Lupe complains about continues to be an issue to day, but since he does nothing to change #### his hands are just as dirty as those he chastises.

He tries to point the finger away from himself like he isn't to blame but he indeed is to blame because he doesn't do #### like I've said countless times now.

A clean finger can be pointed at anybody who warrants it, but a dirty hand pointing a clean finger cannot occur since the dirty hands have dirty fingers too.

Use your brain, I hate spoon feeding people like this.

So how exactly did Martin and Malcolm get legislation passed in the government? Did they just go right up to the government and say "Hey mister government! Can we talk to you about giving us some more freedom?" Or did they complain? If you say the occupy movement is just a group of people complaining then what was Montgomery Bus Boycott? A group of negros complaining. Albany movement? A group of negros complaining. Birmingham campaign? A group of negros complaining. March on Washington? A group of negros complaining. Mind you the civil rights movement last for 13 years before things really started to change.
No it wasn't and I'm disappointed in your lack of knowledge on this topic.

The MBB was a systematic ploy that hit the local government where it hurt the most: in its pockets. Without the revenue from the African American community the stimulation would go down, causing the government to rethink how they approach the segregated bus situation. That's far more than just complaining, that's planning and executing thus forcing legislation. You seriously think Rosa Parks was just some innocent bystander that had sore feet?

Source - (Google for more & it's written by a Professor from Yale - I think that's enough credibility.)

Then again, I'm not surprised you think it's this simple. You did call people too stupid to understand the government so clearly Black people don't get enough credit to think of something like this that would actually push the government to change things.

Seriously dude think before you type next time, this was way too easy...

Oh and P.S Malcolm X and MLK only met each other one time in their entire life and that was to hear the debate on Civil Rights Act of 1964. An Act was only created in response to the protests by blacks(You know those people that were complaining.) They never actually discussed any legislation with each other.
Let me change the rhetoric then. They didn't work with each other, they worked alongside each other. Don't think that Malcolm's militant mind state didn't have something to do with the laws being changed. There was far more orchestration than what lies on the surface of this, it's way more intricate than people simply complaining.

Do your research and don't try to play this card again until you have smh...
 06-28-2012, 02:52 PMaway - #99
VANS MASLOW 2 heat pts

d 
space
$301 | 1808120
If your taking about him complaining about the government then pointing fingers is all you can really do. That, protesting and voting. There aren't many real solutions to begin with.

As far as #### Bad goes it seems to me his fans are split between it. Some like it, some don't. KTT trash it at first. Then I go there today and people are saying it grew on them. People on here were also saying its a good song also. There are just mixed feeling about it but I don't really think you can say "his fans" hate it.
The fct you trust ktt suburb listeners is beyond me they know nothing about rap they are all ehite
 06-28-2012, 05:55 PMaway - #100
Ward22 142 heat pts142

d 
space
$2,850 | POWERFUL
Video of the year

Dec 17 - Breaking News: US & Cuba To Resume Diplomatic Relations
95 comments
Dec 17 - 14 year old black boy executed for murder, cleared 70 ..
60 comments
Home Alone or Home Alone 2?
58 comments
  Dec 15 - Sandy Hook Families Sue Gunmaker
New reply 42 seconds ago - 84 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Lil B Blocked From Facebook And Instagram.
New reply 6 minutes ago - 66 comments - by all3rd
 NFL Deion Sanders Ex Wife Pilar Sanders Sentenced To A Wee...
New reply 47 seconds ago - 64 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside Mr. Chicken (cassidy) Spending Dat Chicken On A Trip T...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 61 comments - by GOD999
 Image(s) inside Bobby Shmurda Arrested In New York;caught W/ Multiple ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 423 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Report: Darren Wilson's Key Witness Lied Abou...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 95 comments - by Frasier
  Kendrick Performing New Music Tonight On The Colbert R...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 167 comments - by mdemaz
 Image(s) inside Yo Ludacris Is On That Kevin Hart Stature !?!?
New reply 15 minutes ago - 68 comments - by strungout

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,900 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,849 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.