This is BX @ Boxden.com


Life Is Good Will Be Deemed Classic....


 Life Is Good Will Be Deemed Classic....
 01-26-2013, 06:55 PMaway - #21
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

  d 
space
$18,216 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Lmac
It is a truly beautiful piece of work. I do think it will deserve to be deemed a classic. If not by everyone else, it probably will be for me. It is a very impressive album.

With that said, I think American Gangster is on par with it. Like someone said in another thread, LIG is what Kingdom Come wished it could be, or was supposed to be. Nas has mastered the angle that Jay has tried to corral but has failed at, which is making that mature sound that indicates a great deal of evolution while still remaining true to self, art, and the things that made you great in the first place.

I almost hate saying it because the phrase gets thrown around too much, but LIG is a true "grown man" album. This is the type of music that is fitting for someone who has been in the game as long as Nas and has had his experiences. It shows that Hip Hop can age well. If Nas keeps this up, he could be dropping new albums WELL into his 40s and they will sound fresh, and authentic. That's what LIG is...incredibly fresh, honest, authentic. Nobody in Nas' age bracket or with as many years in the game has shown the unique and natural capabilities that he has.
well put basically everything that Im saying

the album gives light and competition to people who still do the 90s ish, I mean some of us are still stuck in the 90s


Originally Posted by norcal925
Like baller said, its missing something, i just dont know what.
I wish I knew what yall thought it was missing

Originally Posted by Minister
its a 40 year married ni##a who took a lot of L's classic
yeah but that chief keef ish is the album of the century
 01-26-2013, 06:59 PMaway - #22
KiddKidd45 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$8,028 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by kiddrocay
really? why do you think it has no replay value, I mean are we listening to the same album?
for the simple fact that i havent or even wanted to listen to it in like 3 months..now that blu and exile below the heavens is a classic
 01-26-2013, 06:59 PMaway - #23
Minister 105 heat pts105

  d 
space
$19,736 | POWERFUL
seems like a few ni##as in here are notorious married L takers


personal attacks but no argument
 01-26-2013, 07:04 PMaway - #24
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

  d 
space
$18,216 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KiddKidd45
for the simple fact that i havent or even wanted to listen to it in like 3 months..now that blu and exile below the heavens is a classic
of course that album is classic imo, but that has nothing to do with LIG or even Nas

what do you think the album is lacking?

where do you think this album ranks in Nas catalog??

Originally Posted by Minister
seems like a few ni##as in here are notorious married L takers


personal attacks but no argument
and what does him taking L's have to do with this thread?
 01-26-2013, 07:06 PMonline - #25
knowlege bass 

  d 
space
$2,348 | POWERFUL
It's not a classic to me but a great addition to his catalog and overall above average album, among the best of last year.
 01-26-2013, 07:07 PMaway - #26
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

  d 
space
$18,216 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by knowlege bass
It's not a classic to me but a great addition to his catalog and overall above average album, among the best of last year.
Im not calling it classic yet but I think it will def. stand the test of time
 01-26-2013, 07:23 PMaway - #27
PrinceDeville25 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$3,071 | 14662713
Album replay value went down for me a few months after it dropped cuz I played the #### out of it so I took a break and hopped on kendrick's album for a while thinking i'd never get tired of that

played GKMC out, went back to LIFE IS GOOD, was blown away all over again
 01-26-2013, 07:37 PMaway - #28
KiddKidd45 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$8,028 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by kiddrocay
of course that album is classic imo, but that has nothing to do with LIG or even Nas

what do you think the album is lacking?

where do you think this album ranks in Nas catalog??



and what does him taking L's have to do with this thread?
its a great album but its just lacking that vibe that his earlier albums had..I think maybe he is trying too hard and starting to compare hisself with other artists instead of just doing him and being in his own lane. hard to explain. i dont rank his albums because i forget which songs are on which album but my fav Nas album is probably Streets Disciple
 01-26-2013, 07:45 PMaway - #29
nasir43 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,655 | 6681742
I Am is better than LIG. LIG is a great album, but I am is 9/10. Undying Love is much better than anything on LIG.
 01-26-2013, 07:48 PMaway - #30
Lmac 

  d 
space
$1,391 | 4598724
Originally Posted by kiddrocay
well put basically everything that Im saying

the album gives light and competition to people who still do the 90s ish, I mean some of us are still stuck in the 90s




I wish I knew what yall thought it was missing



yeah but that chief keef ish is the album of the century

But the beauty of it is that it didn't sound like he was stuck in the 90s. There are portions of the album that blatantly have a 90s feel, but as a whole it was more like 2012 with a 90s flavor. You can see how far Nas has come as a person, or at least from the perspective of the person we know him as through his music. With all of the changes and evolutions of Nas, certain things never change...he still places heavy emphasis on his lyricism and his overall craft as an emcee. Even when he gives us that 90s feel, he does it in a reminiscent way. He looks back at what he was and what he was doing and takes us listeners with him, unlike others who still portray themselves as being in those situations in present time. I hope that makes sense.

On the contrary to that, when I listen to a Raekwon album like say for instance OB4CL2, it sounds like a 90s album with no growth whatsoever. He sounds stagnant, and he sounds like he is trying to recreate something. With that said, Cuban Linx 2 is a GREAT album. Even in its greatness, it suffers from the aforementioned deficiencies, and Rae as an emcee in many ways is the embodiment of that type of stagnation, but he isn't the only one.
 01-26-2013, 07:54 PMaway - #31
Lmac 

  d 
space
$1,391 | 4598724
Originally Posted by Windy
You crazy if you think Hov even listened to that album, never the less thought it was something to motivate his own album.


Hov don't care about nas


nas dont even got his own restaurant

Jay is too competitive not to listen to that album. He is still an emcee, and both his love for the craft, and his massive ego are reasons why he will check for top tier artists and allow that to motivate him. Jay still wants to be the best, and that has nothing to do with whether or not he is cool with Nas or any other rapper. Jay wants to be mentioned as #1 when all is said and done.

A lot of times rappers like Jay and Nas have to have worthy competition in order to keep them interested and inspired. Otherwise, it can result in sub par and unmotivated music from them.
 01-26-2013, 08:04 PMonline - #32
Hieroglyphic 86 heat pts86

  d 
space
$14,091 | POWERFUL
 01-26-2013, 08:15 PMaway - #33
PrinceDeville25 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$3,071 | 14662713
Originally Posted by NineFour
Zero replay value, and I bought the album
get outta here!
 01-26-2013, 08:17 PMaway - #34
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

  d 
space
$18,216 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Lmac
But the beauty of it is that it didn't sound like he was stuck in the 90s. There are portions of the album that blatantly have a 90s feel, but as a whole it was more like 2012 with a 90s flavor. You can see how far Nas has come as a person, or at least from the perspective of the person we know him as through his music. With all of the changes and evolutions of Nas, certain things never change...he still places heavy emphasis on his lyricism and his overall craft as an emcee. Even when he gives us that 90s feel, he does it in a reminiscent way. He looks back at what he was and what he was doing and takes us listeners with him, unlike others who still portray themselves as being in those situations in present time. I hope that makes sense.

On the contrary to that, when I listen to a Raekwon album like say for instance OB4CL2, it sounds like a 90s album with no growth whatsoever. He sounds stagnant, and he sounds like he is trying to recreate something. With that said, Cuban Linx 2 is a GREAT album. Even in its greatness, it suffers from the aforementioned deficiencies, and Rae as an emcee in many ways is the embodiment of that type of stagnation, but he isn't the only one.
Originally Posted by Lmac
Jay is too competitive not to listen to that album. He is still an emcee, and both his love for the craft, and his massive ego are reasons why he will check for top tier artists and allow that to motivate him. Jay still wants to be the best, and that has nothing to do with whether or not he is cool with Nas or any other rapper. Jay wants to be mentioned as #1 when all is said and done.

A lot of times rappers like Jay and Nas have to have worthy competition in order to keep them interested and inspired. Otherwise, it can result in sub par and unmotivated music from them.
damn I wish I could prop you again
Originally Posted by PrinceDeville25
get outta here!
i wish they would explain why it doesnt have any replay value
 01-26-2013, 08:28 PMaway - #35
Minister 105 heat pts105

  d 
space
$19,736 | POWERFUL
it doesn't have replay value cuz u dont wanna hear that #### again
 01-26-2013, 09:03 PMaway - #36
Curtisimo 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$11,289 | POWERFUL
Untitled was a better album and that is not a classic so nah lig won't be deemed as classic
 01-26-2013, 09:11 PMaway - #37
PrinceDeville25 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$3,071 | 14662713
Originally Posted by Curtisimo
Untitled was a better album and that is not a classic so nah lig won't be deemed as classic
What makes LIFE IS GOOD better than UNTITLED is the production & song arrangement.

Nas finally stepped his beat game up. Yall gotta give him that.

Lyrically he was more aggressive & conceptual on Untitled but his delivery & flow was stronger on LIFE IS GOOD and more reminiscent of ILLMATIC
 01-26-2013, 09:14 PMonline - #38
Retro 77 heat pts77

  d 
space
$19,565 | POWERFUL
I can't say it'll stand the test of time until it does. I love it now, but it could get the MBDTF treatment I'll stop ####ing with it. Only time will tell...
 01-26-2013, 09:27 PMaway - #39
Curtisimo 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$11,289 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by PrinceDeville25
What makes LIFE IS GOOD better than UNTITLED is the production & song arrangement.

Nas finally stepped his beat game up. Yall gotta give him that.

Lyrically he was more aggressive & conceptual on Untitled but his delivery & flow was stronger on LIFE IS GOOD and more reminiscent of ILLMATIC
Lol@ song arrangement the life is good was not cohesive at all outside of the first 3 tracks and last 3 tracks of the album

There is nothing wrong with Nas production (outside of nastradomas and street disciple) the beats he rap on fits his style and content I never understood the big gripe with Nas beat selection it is the most overblown flaw about Nas

Anyway there isn't any song that is better than fried chicken, sly fox, y'all my ******s, untitled, Slave and master

Even though Worlds an addiction, daughters and black roses come close


Im Not looking for Nas to make another illmatic

Life is good is an Nas album that just fits the time of 2012 especially with his life changes but honestly loses replay value after 2 months and that's being generous

Untitled is a head of its time and yes it didn't hit me as hard as life is good did at first but the more you listen to it and the more you realize the situation the world is in the album is genious.


But that's just my opinion I can't believe how this album (untitled) gets overlooked so much even by Nas fans

Production is more than just beats that knock to me so untitled had better production IMO
 01-26-2013, 09:43 PMonline - #40
Norcal 77 heat pts77

  d 
space
$10,419 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by kiddrocay
damn I wish I could prop you again


i wish they would explain why it doesnt have any replay value
You cant really explain it, you just dont feel like listening to the album anymore.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Xbox One's struggles are traceable to one bad decision
63 comments
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
79 comments
NBA Carmelo Anthony busts a nut in Lebron's eye (video)
91 comments
 NFL Dallas Cowboys Fans Are Losing Their Minds
New reply 7 minutes ago - 57 comments - by rayraysray
 Image(s) inside Oct 28 - Life Under Obama Sucks. And These Numbers Pro...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 114 comments - by KFrizzle
 Image(s) inside Nas Gettin Sucked Off By Madonna In The Studio (pic)
New reply 9 minutes ago - 121 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 Image(s) inside Hov. Migos. Rowdy Rebel
New reply 20 minutes ago - 62 comments - by chrismb
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 98 comments - by Frankybaby
 NBA Confirmed: Russell Westbrook Has A Small Fracture In H...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 71 comments - by NoMenace
 NBA Official Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Chicago Bull
New reply 13 minutes ago - 1360 comments - by Akira Son Bio
 audio inside Nas - The Season (full Version)
New reply 23 minutes ago - 116 comments - by MANNYSOSA

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,834 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.