This is BX @ Boxden.com

Kokane Says Ice Cube Is "Doing Something Wrong And Foul" With N.W.A Biopic

Kokane Says Ice Cube Is "Doing Something Wrong And Foul" With N.W.A Biopic
topic by Steve - 02-05-2014, 08:24 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

> Kokane Says Ice Cube Is "Doing Something Wrong And Foul" With N.W.A Biopic - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Exclusive: Kokane says that Ice Cube should talk to Eazy-E children and Above The Law, among others, in order to properly tell N.W.A's story.

As a member of Eazy-E's Ruthless Records, G-funk pioneer Kokane helped the Godfather of Gangster Rap build a brand that would serve as the prototype for Hip Hop's independent label business model.

But with the buzzed about N.W.A biopic, which is being produced by Ice Cube's CubeVision production company, already in the casting process, Kokane worries that his former boss' legacy is being misrepresented.

In an exclusive interview with HipHopDX, the west coast crooner says he refuses to sit idly by.

"We put a proposal together called 'Protecting the Ruthless Legacy' that we want to get on The Arsenio Hall Show," said Kokane, whose critically new album, Shut da F#@! Up & Cut Da Checc, hit iTunes Jan. 14. "We gettin' it done right now as we speak. Everybody's agreed. And it's gonna be beautiful to see. We'll have all [Eazy’-Es] kids come on, MC Ren, Big Hutch, Yella, J.J. Fad and we're gonna tell the real story because, Ice Cube, I don't fault you for doing this movie. You're a genius, and you show that stereotypes can be lifted off of us, but at the same time you are doing something that's wrong and foul. You're purposely leaving out certain information that is vital to the story."

Kokane said that Ice Cube is making a movie without getting the facts from the people that witnessed it first-hand.

"It's sad cause you see Cube, you see all these people doing this N.W.A movie honoring Eazy, but they're not even getting internal,” Kokane said. "They're lying saying that they're getting in touch with people, but Eazy's children didn't even get a phone call. I didn't get a phone call. Above The Law didn't get a phone call and it's like they're doing it for profit, but they're not doing it authentically from the heart. It's unethical and it's foul. it's like you don't care. You guys care about getting money. But you know the good thing about it: There's always hope out there to have the real story told. It's increments. You gotta go back and touch the people if you wanna get the truth, because there's so much blockage as far as capital. It's a story that if it's told right and somebody can crack open this thing wide enough, everything else is gonna be the prototype for every other story. Trust me."

Kokane is looking to bring the West Coast full-circle with his new label, Bud E Boy Ent., which features a roster of artists and producers from various locations, including one that with ties to the past.

"I'm working with Eazy's son, E3, and he sounds just like his dad," Kokane said. "It's fitting because the way I'm running my company comes from the blueprint that Eric [Eazy-E's given name] started."

Kokane Says Ice Cube Is "Doing Something Wrong And Foul" With N.W.A Biopic | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

30 comments for "Kokane Says Ice Cube Is "Doing Something Wrong And Foul" With N.W.A Biopic"

02-05-2014, 08:32 PMaway - #2
RNOTY 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$20,177 | POWERFUL
was just talking about this-this morning, the victor always has liberties with the truth and can rewrite the past.

not agreeing with it, but what you think Ice gone do? make himself appear to be in the wrong light?
 02-05-2014, 08:41 PMaway - #3
skillahmang 2 heat pts

d 
space
$17,360 | POWERFUL
didnt think about this. its true,
 02-05-2014, 08:45 PMaway - #4
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$23,410 | POWERFUL
They got Cube
 02-05-2014, 08:59 PMaway - #5
rellish 

d 
space
$1,093 | 2948552
Kokane is my dude, but wtf is the kids gonna say that could change the film? They can only give insight on family life, but the movie will be mostly about the group
 02-05-2014, 09:09 PMaway - #6
mprnc2000 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$5,106 | 9076067
ni##az always complaining about stupid ####. Insight on what? More insight on how Eazy and Jerry Hella was robbin the group
 02-05-2014, 09:10 PMonline - #7
KREW 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,781 | POWERFUL
Kokane is a family friend but honestly this dude just want a producer's credit
 02-05-2014, 09:29 PMaway - #8
5E8FW 

d 
space
$2,770 | 9007465
Kokane is looking to bring the West Coast full-circle with his new label, Bud E Boy Ent., which features a roster of artists and producers from various locations, including one that with ties to the past.
All I needed to read.
 02-05-2014, 09:36 PMaway - #9
ItsAlwaysMe 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$5,616 | POWERFUL
Kokane that ni##a. Couldnt believe it when I seen that ni##a in a pr0no years back
 02-05-2014, 10:09 PMaway - #10
*MOB*STAR* 4 heat pts

d 
space
$4,248 | POWERFUL
ni##as wanna be included lol
 02-05-2014, 10:37 PMonline - #11
Bandito 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$1,240 | 19103316
What the #### JJ Fad got to tell about the NWA story?

Above the Law was later when the 2nd lineup of NWA brokeup
with Cube leaving. Notice he is not on the Ruthless posse cut
on their album. Dre's verse is obviously written by Ren or D.O.C.
not Cube as was usually. Eazy's verse is wack, probably self-written.
They even shout out Jerry Heller on the track, when Cube was off
that #### already.

02-05-2014, 11:10 PMaway - #12
TheDirector217 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,140 | 6805008
Originally Posted by whodatb1
cube dun did some foul #### to a "few" of my peoples in the late 90's early 2000's ....... including letting mack 10 beat the living breaks off of cubes brother in law IN FRONT OF CUBE AND HIS WIFE ..... but thats besides the point ....
Elaborate folk. I like to learn new #### ....
 02-06-2014, 03:32 PMaway - #13
Dillinger805 4 heat pts

d 
space
$5,990 | POWERFUL
i like kokane his music is diffrent and his new cd Shut Da Fuk Up & Cut The Checc is good classic west coast ish....but ya hes looking for little off the back end of this. He says he wants the kids and family to get a call but kids were not there and the ones he didnt call are on the family side where the evil deeds were being done. I am sure cube and dre are doing for the money but thats what its about
 02-06-2014, 03:53 PMaway - #14
slapaho 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,965 | POWERFUL
sounds more like ppl wanna get paid..but aint none of the og nwa and the posse sayin ####.

if kokane care that much put out a docu tellin w/e he think is the truth.

fact is 1/2 the ppl who gon see that movie dont kno or care bout anything more than seein a nwa movie.

is kane concerned bout suge or kausion bein apart of it?

this #### bumped..shame cube played them ni##as out. they was dope as fuc
 02-06-2014, 05:20 PMonline - #15
Guvnor 402 heat pts402

d 
space
$20,077 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ronin
was just talking about this-this morning, the victor always has liberties with the truth and can rewrite the past.

not agreeing with it, but what you think Ice gone do? make himself appear to be in the wrong light?
Ice wasn't in the wrong though. Easy and Jerry tried to #### them dudes up contractually.

On another note that dude just want a check

Last edited by Guvnor; 02-06-2014 at 05:23 PM..
 02-06-2014, 06:26 PMaway - #16
bbqslap 

d 
space
$1,405 | 3767501
Originally Posted by slapaho
sounds more like ppl wanna get paid..but aint none of the og nwa and the posse sayin ####.

if kokane care that much put out a docu tellin w/e he think is the truth.

fact is 1/2 the ppl who gon see that movie dont kno or care bout anything more than seein a nwa movie.

is kane concerned bout suge or kausion bein apart of it?

this #### bumped..shame cube played them ni##as out. they was dope as fuc
Yea, Cube did them boys wrong. Gonzo and Cel Mack were my folks.
 02-06-2014, 09:11 PMaway - #17
MastaAces 

d 
space
$1,639 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 5E8FW
All I needed to read.
this also.
"We put a proposal together called 'Protecting the Ruthless Legacy' that we want to get on The Arsenio Hall Show," said Kokane, whose critically new album, Shut da F#@! Up & Cut Da Checc, hit iTunes Jan. 14.
 02-06-2014, 09:14 PMaway - #18
614FACE 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,322 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by whodatb1
^^^^^^ yup ........

ill give yall a few ......

took so much money from my ni##az right here ..... remember .. these were the days of nice sized budgets ...... cube spent it all making friday (thank god for that tho......) ...... he also never paid any of those members for anything they may have written for him .....

how he treated the homegirl ms toi is rediculous .... cube used to call toi his sister .... you can do it WAS ALL MS TOI IDEA .... so he repaid her by treating her like #### the whole up in smoke tour (toi would feel like she wanted cry on stage) .... if it wasnt for dre saying you have to take toi on tour .. she wouldnt have been a part of it ..... to add insult to injury .. also let one of his homies push up on toi the way you wouldnt let ya sister get pushed up on ...... cube did nothing (recurring theme) ...... also refused to do #### for her or with her later unless she let him #### (cube been married ... toi aint about that type of ####) .......

cube manipulated everybody in NWA against each other in hopes of becoming "the star" ........ dre stopped ####ing with him for the longest .... dre gave him a shot (helter skelter rumors) .... cube repaid him by trying to cut him outta the NWA pic completely and #### on him in the process (thats why its taken so long to make) ...... part of the reason dre and interscope have a say in the new film.....

he has tried to smash everybody in NWA wife at some point ....... including the woman referred to as the devil ....

plenty people have written for cube uncompensated ... yeah .. i know that happens ..... but it happens with people in his own family ...... his own blood !!!!!!!!

last .... he let mack 10 beat the #### outta his brother in law in vegas unprovoked ..... im talkin four grown a$s men whoopin on a 19 year old because of his gang affiliation ....... mack and his homies were drunk and pretty much orlando andersoned the ni##a ..... im talkin a skinny ni##a weighing about 145 against four grown a$s ni##az .... UNPROVOKED ....... cube had his wife on the trip with him ..... it was almost his way of getting back at her because she wear the pants in the family and he looking like "i cant stop them ni##az" as an excuse when they on his payroll .......

the ni##a ####es up for his wife on the regular but let her little brother get beat down ????????

anyway ..... real talk ..... in my experiences wit dude ...... he good peoples ... smart as #### too .... but cube just got a sneaky side to him ...

he in my top 10 too ...... is what it is .... yall asked ....

edit: all involved have moved on and mended or just plain stopped ####ing with each other ... anything in here is known among all of them... so it aint really me outing anything none of them dont know ......

oh wow...
 02-06-2014, 09:21 PMaway - #19
DubT 

d 
space
$44 | 518
only people I wanna hear from is "Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, MC Ren, DJ Yella, D.O.C." and Eazy E interviews #### what anybody else has to say. What are the kids gonna say about NWA? they weren't in it or don't know anything about it. Above the law....maybe but they came later. He just tryin to promo his new cd and mad cube didn't reach out. I wanna hear about NWA not Ruthless Records afterwards....and if I did want to hear about that I would hope they Call Bone Thugs and Above the Law and not him!
 02-06-2014, 10:40 PMaway - #20
Brolic 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$3,298 | POWERFUL
Uncle Sam's Curse is underrated as ####

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Find me a Soprano's or Breaking Bad scene fu-king with this
85 comments
Video inside  Introducing PS4 Share Play...
53 comments
NFL Top 10 Diva's in The NFL
52 comments
 NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers The Worst Manufactured Superteam...
New reply 29 seconds ago - 90 comments - by HeatMafia410
  Gucci Mane Stories
New reply 9 minutes ago - 134 comments - by pojo18
  Tde Is Doing Jay Rock Dirty Yo...
New reply 48 seconds ago - 161 comments - by Retro
 Video inside Rick Ross "the Truth Is More Sinister" Appre...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 103 comments - by JBoogie
 audio inside Lupe Fiasco - Haile Selassie Ft. Nikki Jean (prod. By ...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 126 comments - by 10th Wonder
 NCAAF Week 9 Cfb Thread(top 25 Only)
New reply 18 minutes ago - 209 comments - by JBoogie
  Oct 24 - Teacher Ashley Zehnder Faces Sex Charge After...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Frasier
 NBA Report: Tobias Harris Won’t Sign Contract Extension, W...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 51 comments - by T.O.N.Y.

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following and 5 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.