Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Kokane Says Ice Cube Is "Doing Something Wrong And Foul" With N.W.A Biopic

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
132 viewing
 NBA mark jackson on suicide watch
101 comments
most viewed right now
120 viewing
 Image inside Dude trolls instagram hos
114 comments

top in section
27 viewing
Image inside Sexy ass YesJulz
top in eyecandy
top in section
11 viewing
 Video inside Wanna crash an iPhone?
top in tech

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Kokane Says Ice Cube Is "Doing Something Wrong And Foul" With N.W.A Biopic
Unread 1 year agoclass of '06 - away - #1
2157 pageviews
30 comments

Steve 31539 heat pts31539 space
Boxden GOAT
space
$102,123 | POWERFUL

Exclusive: Kokane says that Ice Cube should talk to Eazy-E children and Above The Law, among others, in order to properly tell N.W.A's story.

As a member of Eazy-E's Ruthless Records, G-funk pioneer Kokane helped the Godfather of Gangster Rap build a brand that would serve as the prototype for Hip Hop's independent label business model.

But with the buzzed about N.W.A biopic, which is being produced by Ice Cube's CubeVision production company, already in the casting process, Kokane worries that his former boss' legacy is being misrepresented.

In an exclusive interview with HipHopDX, the west coast crooner says he refuses to sit idly by.

"We put a proposal together called 'Protecting the Ruthless Legacy' that we want to get on The Arsenio Hall Show," said Kokane, whose critically new album, Shut da F#@! Up & Cut Da Checc, hit iTunes Jan. 14. "We gettin' it done right now as we speak. Everybody's agreed. And it's gonna be beautiful to see. We'll have all [Eazy’-Es] kids come on, MC Ren, Big Hutch, Yella, J.J. Fad and we're gonna tell the real story because, Ice Cube, I don't fault you for doing this movie. You're a genius, and you show that stereotypes can be lifted off of us, but at the same time you are doing something that's wrong and foul. You're purposely leaving out certain information that is vital to the story."

Kokane said that Ice Cube is making a movie without getting the facts from the people that witnessed it first-hand.

"It's sad cause you see Cube, you see all these people doing this N.W.A movie honoring Eazy, but they're not even getting internal,” Kokane said. "They're lying saying that they're getting in touch with people, but Eazy's children didn't even get a phone call. I didn't get a phone call. Above The Law didn't get a phone call and it's like they're doing it for profit, but they're not doing it authentically from the heart. It's unethical and it's foul. it's like you don't care. You guys care about getting money. But you know the good thing about it: There's always hope out there to have the real story told. It's increments. You gotta go back and touch the people if you wanna get the truth, because there's so much blockage as far as capital. It's a story that if it's told right and somebody can crack open this thing wide enough, everything else is gonna be the prototype for every other story. Trust me."

Kokane is looking to bring the West Coast full-circle with his new label, Bud E Boy Ent., which features a roster of artists and producers from various locations, including one that with ties to the past.

"I'm working with Eazy's son, E3, and he sounds just like his dad," Kokane said. "It's fitting because the way I'm running my company comes from the blueprint that Eric [Eazy-E's given name] started."

Kokane Says Ice Cube Is "Doing Something Wrong And Foul" With N.W.A Biopic | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX
3 peeps gave props to Steve Rich Nigga (02-05-2014) , RNOTY (02-05-2014) , hot topic  (02-06-2014)

30 comments for "Kokane Says Ice Cube Is "Doing Something Wrong And Foul" With N.W.A Biopic"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - away - #2
RNOTY 53 heat pts53 space
^This sh*t HEAT^
space
$21,445 | POWERFUL
was just talking about this-this morning, the victor always has liberties with the truth and can rewrite the past.

not agreeing with it, but what you think Ice gone do? make himself appear to be in the wrong light?
Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - away - #3
skillahmang 2 heat pts space
space
$17,448 | POWERFUL
didnt think about this. its true,
Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - away - #4
ruff 6 heat pts space
McThickridge
space
$24,611 | POWERFUL
They got Cube
Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - away - #5
rellish  space
space
$1,150 | 3085109
Kokane is my dude, but wtf is the kids gonna say that could change the film? They can only give insight on family life, but the movie will be mostly about the group
Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - away - #6
mprnc2000 12 heat pts12 space
space
$5,161 | 9259045
n*ggaz always complaining about stupid sh*t. Insight on what? More insight on how Eazy and Jerry Hella was robbin the group
Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - on now - #7
KREW 2 heat pts space
Amerikkaz Most Wanted
space
$4,089 | POWERFUL
Kokane is a family friend but honestly this dude just want a producer's credit
Unread 1 year agoclass of '12 - on now - #8
5E8FW  space
space
$3,456 | 11138867
Kokane is looking to bring the West Coast full-circle with his new label, Bud E Boy Ent., which features a roster of artists and producers from various locations, including one that with ties to the past.
All I needed to read.
Unread 1 year agoclass of '13 - away - #9
ItsAlwaysMe 47 heat pts47 space
Helluva Drug
space
$8,359 | POWERFUL
Kokane that n*gga. Couldnt believe it when I seen that n*gga in a pr0no years back
Unread 1 year agoclass of '06 - away - #10
*MOB*STAR* 40 heat pts40 space
The GREATEST ALIVE™
space
$4,375 | POWERFUL
n*ggas wanna be included lol
Unread 1 year agoclass of '10 - away - #11
Bandito 56 heat pts56 space
space
$1,778 | POWERFUL
What the fu*k JJ Fad got to tell about the NWA story?

Above the Law was later when the 2nd lineup of NWA brokeup
with Cube leaving. Notice he is not on the Ruthless posse cut
on their album. Dre's verse is obviously written by Ren or D.O.C.
not Cube as was usually. Eazy's verse is wack, probably self-written.
They even shout out Jerry Heller on the track, when Cube was off
that sh*t already.

Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - away - #12
TheDirector217 1 heat pts space
The Uterus Shifter
space
$1,169 | 7509041
whodatb1 said:
cube dun did some foul sh*t to a "few" of my peoples in the late 90's early 2000's ....... including letting mack 10 beat the living breaks off of cubes brother in law IN FRONT OF CUBE AND HIS WIFE ..... but thats besides the point ....
Elaborate folk. I like to learn new sh*t ....
Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - away - #13
Dillinger805 4 heat pts space
*Man On The Moon*
space
$6,410 | POWERFUL
i like kokane his music is diffrent and his new cd Shut Da Fuk Up & Cut The Checc is good classic west coast ish....but ya hes looking for little off the back end of this. He says he wants the kids and family to get a call but kids were not there and the ones he didnt call are on the family side where the evil deeds were being done. I am sure cube and dre are doing for the money but thats what its about
Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - away - #14
slapaho 2 heat pts space
GUCCIROLEX
space
$4,659 | POWERFUL
sounds more like ppl wanna get paid..but aint none of the og nwa and the posse sayin sh*t.

if kokane care that much put out a docu tellin w/e he think is the truth.

fact is 1/2 the ppl who gon see that movie dont kno or care bout anything more than seein a nwa movie.

is kane concerned bout suge or kausion bein apart of it?

this sh*t bumped..shame cube played them n*ggas out. they was dope as fuc
Unread 1 year agoclass of '13 - away - #15
Guvnor 596 heat pts596 space
Speculative Specktacle
space
$26,658 | POWERFUL
ronin said:
was just talking about this-this morning, the victor always has liberties with the truth and can rewrite the past.

not agreeing with it, but what you think Ice gone do? make himself appear to be in the wrong light?
Ice wasn't in the wrong though. Easy and Jerry tried to fu*k them dudes up contractually.

On another note that dude just want a check

Last edited by Guvnor; 02-06-2014 at 05:23 PM..
Unread 1 year agoclass of '10 - away - #16
bbqslap  space
space
$1,721 | 4645089
slapaho said:
sounds more like ppl wanna get paid..but aint none of the og nwa and the posse sayin sh*t.

if kokane care that much put out a docu tellin w/e he think is the truth.

fact is 1/2 the ppl who gon see that movie dont kno or care bout anything more than seein a nwa movie.

is kane concerned bout suge or kausion bein apart of it?

this sh*t bumped..shame cube played them n*ggas out. they was dope as fuc
Yea, Cube did them boys wrong. Gonzo and Cel Mack were my folks.
Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - away - #17
MastaAces  space
space
$1,639 | POWERFUL
5E8FW said:
All I needed to read.
this also.
"We put a proposal together called 'Protecting the Ruthless Legacy' that we want to get on The Arsenio Hall Show," said Kokane, whose critically new album, Shut da F#@! Up & Cut Da Checc, hit iTunes Jan. 14.
Unread 1 year agoclass of '11 - away - #18
DubT  space
space
$44 | 518
only people I wanna hear from is "Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, MC Ren, DJ Yella, D.O.C." and Eazy E interviews fu*k what anybody else has to say. What are the kids gonna say about NWA? they weren't in it or don't know anything about it. Above the law....maybe but they came later. He just tryin to promo his new cd and mad cube didn't reach out. I wanna hear about NWA not Ruthless Records afterwards....and if I did want to hear about that I would hope they Call Bone Thugs and Above the Law and not him!
Unread 1 year agoclass of '13 - away - #19
Brolic 53 heat pts53 space
Broncos....ho.
space
$3,298 | POWERFUL
Uncle Sam's Curse is underrated as fu*k
Unread 1 year agoclass of '11 - away - #20
5 Sigma 21 heat pts21 space
TheMostBrutal*
space
$4,122 | POWERFUL
whodatb1 said:
so a sherm smokin n*gga with a new project out got something to say about something that isnt even half way complete .....

go figures ......

and listen ... i aint takin cube side ..... cube dun did some foul sh*t to a "few" of my peoples in the late 90's early 2000's ....... including letting mack 10 beat the living breaks off of cubes brother in law IN FRONT OF CUBE AND HIS WIFE ..... but thats besides the point ....

point now is ... cube is bringing the nwa legacy to many people that aint even aware of what the group meant to hip hop ..... is it a cash grab ?????? maybe ....... but dude is basically hating because he was an "associate" of eazy .....n*gga said they didnt call lil e ????????? because that bi*ch n*ggaz a dust head who only cared about his pops legacy once he tried to have a career ....

you gonna talk to the "devil" herself ??????? eazy's wife (tamika wright) ..... please ... the bi*ch may be the real reason eazy dead .....
If I recall right, didn't hopsin also have issues with e's wife?

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
26 viewing
Video inside Young Thug says he left Rich Gang and he's coming out with a Carter 5 M..
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside More Pics From Lionel "Chinx" Pickens Funeral [Instagram]
173 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Video inside Nicki Minaj (See-through Dress) - The Night is Still Young
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside That Body....Kamaren Cole
56 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
12 viewing
NBA James Jones 5 straight NBA Finals appearances
100 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Video inside Young Dro on His Polo Ralph Lauren Collection: I Spent 5 Million Over M..
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside Rumer Willis looks exactly like Demi Moore in new Instagram pic
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside Jordan 12 "Cherry" releasing in 2016
57 comments
@gear
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Image inside Got Em
32 comments
@gear

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time