This is BX @ Boxden.com

JT The Bigga Figga Named President Of Rap-A-Lot West, GREAT NEWS

JT The Bigga Figga Named President Of Rap-A-Lot West, GREAT NEWS
Post topic by logicalkid - 09-13-2005, 02:00 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

Bay Area rapper and Get Low Records CEO JT The Bigga Figga has been named President of the newly launched West Coast operation of Rap-A-Lot Records.

Rap-A-Lot West is preparing to release an upcoming project that will feature Scarface, E-40, Mike Jones, JT The Bigga Figga and others due out in December.

"It was crazy, J-Prince [James Smith, owner of Rap-A-Lot] called me at like 3 in the morning with the idea," JT told AllHipHop.com. "Everyone saw what I did with the Game and finally realized that my talent is not only as a producer/artist but also an executive."

JT is referring to superstar Compton, California rapper The Game. JT is largely credited for discovering the rapper at Russell Simmons’ Hip-Hop Summit in Los Angeles in 2002.

JT signed The Game to record “as much material as possible” prior to The Game recording his blockbuster, The Documentary for G-Unit/Aftermath/Interscope.

“I knew if the right amount of money was behind him that he would definitely become a star,” JT stated.

Thus far, The Game’s deal with JT The Bigga Figga has produced three releases: West Coast Resurrection, Untold Story and Untold Story Vol. 2.

In between running his own label, Get Low and the new job at Rap-A-Lot West, JT has also launched Get Low Latin.

"I really felt that it was time to put out something to support my brown brothers," JT said. "It's not like this is something new because I put out a black and brown record a while ago to embrace Mexican Hip-Hop, so we have been doing this for a while. I just finally decided to launch a label to house it."

With the launch of Get Low Latin, JT stated that he is looking for unsigned talent to sign to the new label.

“If anyone wants to send me their demos, email me and I will definitely respond back," JT said. “I have people out there looking for talent but I also like to search myself because you never know what someone will over look."

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

1 comments for "JT The Bigga Figga Named President Of Rap-A-Lot West, GREAT NEWS"

09-13-2005, 02:07 AMaway - #2
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$23,285 | POWERFUL
I don't see anything happening with this label but props for having a latin label

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Chiwire: MUBU out here tellin
72 comments
Video inside  Daylyt smokes his first blunt ever with Snoop and Murd..
72 comments
Kanye Lost: Kim K nud3s leaked on Twitter
133 comments
 Image(s) inside Sep 19 - Texas Wants To Execute Man Who Killed Home In...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 59 comments - by cheenz
  Rappers That You Used To Bump Heavy But Then Completel...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 303 comments - by Slickems
 NCAAF Cfb Week 4 Thread
New reply 3 minutes ago - 245 comments - by eucalyptus
 NFL Brandon Marshall Calmly Ethers Espn
New reply 18 minutes ago - 87 comments - by killadre
  Unconfirmed Theories/opinions/rumors In Hip Hop You Pe...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 63 comments - by True Sinister
 Image(s) inside Fifa 15 Is Now Available On Ea Access For Xbox One
New reply 19 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Pleasure Boy
 Image(s) inside Sep 19 - Watch California Dry Up Right Before Your Eye...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 57 comments - by cheenz
 Image(s) inside :kanyewhatisthis: ???
New reply 33 minutes ago - 205 comments - by Solitary Genius

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.