This is BX @ Boxden.com

JT The Bigga Figga Named President Of Rap-A-Lot West, GREAT NEWS

JT The Bigga Figga Named President Of Rap-A-Lot West, GREAT NEWS
Post topic by logicalkid - 09-13-2005, 02:00 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

Bay Area rapper and Get Low Records CEO JT The Bigga Figga has been named President of the newly launched West Coast operation of Rap-A-Lot Records.

Rap-A-Lot West is preparing to release an upcoming project that will feature Scarface, E-40, Mike Jones, JT The Bigga Figga and others due out in December.

"It was crazy, J-Prince [James Smith, owner of Rap-A-Lot] called me at like 3 in the morning with the idea," JT told AllHipHop.com. "Everyone saw what I did with the Game and finally realized that my talent is not only as a producer/artist but also an executive."

JT is referring to superstar Compton, California rapper The Game. JT is largely credited for discovering the rapper at Russell Simmons’ Hip-Hop Summit in Los Angeles in 2002.

JT signed The Game to record “as much material as possible” prior to The Game recording his blockbuster, The Documentary for G-Unit/Aftermath/Interscope.

“I knew if the right amount of money was behind him that he would definitely become a star,” JT stated.

Thus far, The Game’s deal with JT The Bigga Figga has produced three releases: West Coast Resurrection, Untold Story and Untold Story Vol. 2.

In between running his own label, Get Low and the new job at Rap-A-Lot West, JT has also launched Get Low Latin.

"I really felt that it was time to put out something to support my brown brothers," JT said. "It's not like this is something new because I put out a black and brown record a while ago to embrace Mexican Hip-Hop, so we have been doing this for a while. I just finally decided to launch a label to house it."

With the launch of Get Low Latin, JT stated that he is looking for unsigned talent to sign to the new label.

“If anyone wants to send me their demos, email me and I will definitely respond back," JT said. “I have people out there looking for talent but I also like to search myself because you never know what someone will over look."

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

1 comments for "JT The Bigga Figga Named President Of Rap-A-Lot West, GREAT NEWS"

09-13-2005, 02:07 AMaway - #2
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$23,406 | POWERFUL
I don't see anything happening with this label but props for having a latin label

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 23 - Ebola in NYC
63 comments
Image inside  white girl got azz!!!!!!
66 comments
Image inside  Klay Thompson Still Winning Yoooooooooooooooooo!
132 comments
 Image(s) inside After All These Halloweens, I Never Knew (mind Blown)
New reply 2 minutes ago - 70 comments - by italiansteve
  Phil Spencer On Whether He Would Have Made Xbox One Mo...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 87 comments - by Da Ill One
 Image(s) inside Drake Fires Back At Tyga
New reply 3 minutes ago - 101 comments - by Frankybaby
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spanky’s Gay Acc...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 159 comments - by ajeana
 NCAAF Notre Dame Freshman Wr Justin Brent Dating Legendary F...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 135 comments - by theFREAK
 Video inside Age Of Ultron Trailer 1
New reply 32 minutes ago - 250 comments - by Jesszman
  Tay600 Calls Interscope’s Decision To Drop Chief Keef ...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 99 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK
 Video inside Video Of The Interview That Set Off The 50/cam Beef (c...
New reply 40 minutes ago - 55 comments - by EZ Green

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,797 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.