This is BX @ Boxden.com


John Lennon Vs Bob Dylan


Poll results - Which Artist's Music Do You Prefer?
John Lennon 11 68.75%
Bob Dylan 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only) [Click here to become a member]

 John Lennon Vs Bob Dylan
topic by AlexG1989 - 12-23-2009, 09:22 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot


John Lennon



Bob Dylan



Which of these 2 music legends' music do you prefer?

I've heard more of John so far (I have a colletion double disc album with 20 of his best songs, the Imagine album and I only have Bob's Greatest Hits album) so I'm going with him...

I love Blowin In The Win, All Along The Watchtower (Bob Dylan's OG version is great but I prefer Hendrix's cover, those solos are just too awesome)

John Lennon... is a goat man... Working Class Hero, Imagine, Mother, Love Is, I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier Mama are just a few of so many more... ####in hell man, how many classics can one artist make :eek:


Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

36 comments for "John Lennon Vs Bob Dylan"


 12-23-2009, 09:24 PMaway - #2
PHuckYuew 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$793 | 0
 12-23-2009, 09:53 PMaway - #3
Mintz 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$5,526 | POWERFUL
too tough for me to choose
 12-23-2009, 11:18 PMaway - #4
Shang Tsung 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$2,183 | 15744771
illuminati k!lled john lennon



RIP the GOAT of everything
 12-23-2009, 11:29 PMaway - #5
sheedawg 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,217 | POWERFUL
Dylan. Just his use of words was sheer poetry man.
 12-23-2009, 11:32 PMaway - #6
Ricky Towel 104 heat pts104

  d 
space
$14,146 | POWERFUL
dylan better songwriter

lennon better vocalist and musician



and sidenote: i like dave matthews band watchtower better than hendrix's or dylan's
 12-23-2009, 11:49 PMaway - #7
AlexG1989 

  d 
space
$8,844 | 0
^^^ haaa, never heard it... will have to give it a listen sometime...
 12-23-2009, 11:50 PMaway - #8
DrX 56 heat pts56

  d 
space
$34,926 | POWERFUL
lennon is so overrated just like pac and other dead celebs. yeah yeah yeah i know liking him is the cool in society eyes because hes "deep".
 12-23-2009, 11:51 PMonline - #9
BrookLynnStiles 33 heat pts33

  d 
space
$6,562 | POWERFUL
Dylan for the simple fact that he never went commerical, he was and still is a FOLK musician. He made the people like his style, he didn't go pop the people made him pop.
 12-24-2009, 02:39 AMaway - #10
stlcardinals19 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$12,802 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ricky Towel
dylan better songwriter

lennon better vocalist and musician
^^^^^^

This...
 12-24-2009, 07:01 AMaway - #11
Illstreet 36 heat pts36

  d 
space
$17,325 | POWERFUL
Dylan is my favorite Artist, of any kind... So yeah.

But I dig Lennon too.
 12-24-2009, 07:19 AMaway - #12
Galaxy 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,105 | 0
Are you guys serious? Lennon >>>>>>
 12-24-2009, 07:25 AMaway - #13
TheIncomparable 

  d 
space
$2,596 | 6972269
Lennon
 12-24-2009, 07:48 AMaway - #14
youngral 

  d 
space
$5,766 | 10577107
Always perferred Lennon myself
 12-24-2009, 09:10 AMaway - #15
Jerseyelite89 

  d 
space
$2,864 | 3891809
Originally Posted by DrX
lennon is so overrated just like pac and other dead celebs. yeah yeah yeah i know liking him is the cool in society eyes because hes "deep".
i like him because when i heard "How Do You Sleep?" , the sheer use of instruments on a level beyond what most were comprehending at that time in music, let alone "mainstream" music, simply gave me on new view on how i could go thru producing music on my own, minus traditional limitations
 12-24-2009, 09:53 AMaway - #16
HHS 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,192 | POWERFUL
John Lennon needed Paul McCartney to approach Dylan's level, once Lennon went solo he showed himself to be much more spotty, too often falling back on post-Hippie platitudes and not being able to elevate them like he could with McCartney and the Beatles.

Last edited by HHS; 12-24-2009 at 09:54 AM..
 12-24-2009, 10:31 AMaway - #17
Ricky Towel 104 heat pts104

  d 
space
$14,146 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AlexG1989
^^^ haaa, never heard it... will have to give it a listen sometime...

heres watchtower the encore from the show i saw in september, infused some stairway to heaven in it, loved it. audios good video is a little a$s. watch the whole thing though its ####in great.







and just for good measure heres their version from central park before leroi moore died. big bass solo intro.





Last edited by Ricky Towel; 12-24-2009 at 10:33 AM..
 12-24-2009, 11:31 AMaway - #18
904Nole 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,525 | 18089639
Uhhhh tie...
 12-24-2009, 11:34 AMaway - #19
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$14,994 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HHS
John Lennon needed Paul McCartney to approach Dylan's level, once Lennon went solo he showed himself to be much more spotty, too often falling back on post-Hippie platitudes and not being able to elevate them like he could with McCartney and the Beatles.
exactly and also visa versa
 12-24-2009, 11:49 AMaway - #20
smokeweed101. 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$19,343 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AlexG1989
John Lennon



Bob Dylan



Which of these 2 music legends' music do you prefer?

I've heard more of John so far (I have a colletion double disc album with 20 of his best songs, the Imagine album and I only have Bob's Greatest Hits album) so I'm going with him...

I love Blowin In The Win, All Along The Watchtower (Bob Dylan's OG version is great but I prefer Hendrix's cover, those solos are just too awesome)

John Lennon... is a goat man... Working Class Hero, Imagine, Mother, Love Is, I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier Mama are just a few of so many more... ####in hell man, how many classics can one artist make :eek:
John just made better music and I love Dylan but John's music is deeper and more personal to me.

But I am a bit biased seeing as The Beatles are my second favorite band.

"Imagine" >
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA LIVE 15 Gameplay Improvements: Offense
59 comments
NBA Kobe looking far from Flabby
75 comments
NBA So Anthony Davis is the Best PF in the League?
60 comments
 Article inside T.i. Protégé Doe B’s Gravesite “disturbed” By Culprits
New reply 12 minutes ago - 68 comments - by sdot216
 Video inside Acting Hard On Tv Goes Wrong!
New reply 29 minutes ago - 69 comments - by majestykagiso
 Image(s) inside Peter Rosenberg & Charlamagne Tha God Exchange Wor...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 58 comments - by Dray
 Image(s) inside Birdman Aint Playing No Games!
New reply 52 minutes ago - 88 comments - by Shadiah
 Image(s) inside G-unit Is On The Cover Of Xxl’s New Issue
New reply 18 minutes ago - 86 comments - by A.Dot789
 audio inside New Joe Budden - Nothing Changes Ft Ransom & Tsu S...
New reply 54 minutes ago - 67 comments - by dominicanlink12
 Article inside Beef ! Troy Ave Threatens Ilovemakonnen Hopefully It ...
New reply 19 minutes ago - 138 comments - by ajeana
  Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor |ot| The Lotr Game We'v...
New reply 58 minutes ago - 207 comments - by CrAkKedOuT

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,817 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.