This is BX @ Boxden.com

It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer

It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer
33 topic by pimpinatl - 06-26-2006, 12:26 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

'Gillie Da Kid has finally stepped up in a recent report and admitted to doing some ghostwriting for Lil’ Wayne. In a report by MTV, Gillie stated that he did some writing for Lil’ Wayne on the New Orleans rapper’s Tha Carter 1 album. He denied doing anything on Tha Carter 2, which I think is the better of the two. But, Wayne’s reps say that its all a crock of BS and Gillie’s a liar.' GOT THIS FROM ALLHIPHOP.COM. what have the world coming to when the 'kobe bryant of rap' has a ghost writer.> It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

59 comments for "It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer"

06-26-2006, 12:29 PMaway - #2
The Mighty Joe 

d 
space
$6,074 | 0
Gilly been saying this ####...on underground philly dvd's...
he been gettin paid behind the scenes writing that ni##a's album....
 06-26-2006, 12:30 PMaway - #3
Str8 outta Cuse 4 heat pts

d 
space
$5,128 | 14448877
Gillie is obviously looking for attention. . picture yourself in his place

he has no rep, no one knows who he is outside of philly, he needs attention so why not get it off of someone that he already doesn't like?
 06-26-2006, 12:32 PMaway - #4
The Mighty Joe 

d 
space
$6,074 | 0
Originally Posted by Str8 outta Cuse
Gillie is obviously looking for attention. . picture yourself in his place

he has no rep, no one knows who he is outside of philly, he needs attention so why not get it off of someone that he already doesn't like?

Maybe....or he could just be telling the truth
 06-26-2006, 12:33 PMaway - #5
wr8201 

d 
space
$5,865 | 9371870
i would hope he was writin for him cuz he was there for awhile and never came out
 06-26-2006, 12:34 PMaway - #6

d 
space
$5,128 | 14448877
Originally Posted by The Mighty Joe
Maybe....or he could just be telling the truth

no way in hell
 06-26-2006, 12:35 PMaway - #7

d 
space
$5,128 | 14448877
and even if he was. .wayne wrote the whole carter 2 which was his best anyways so we all know dude can spit
 06-26-2006, 12:35 PMonline - #8
gunits50cent187 

d 
space
$3,107 | 11427965
lyrically ... Gillie > wayne
 06-26-2006, 12:42 PMonline - #9
kmstokes 

d 
space
$6,127 | 10116792
It could be tru cuz the ni##a did step his game up big time lyrically on the Carter 1

Give props and they shall be returned
 06-26-2006, 12:42 PMaway - #10
R0R0 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$4,966 | 14154942
Lol He Compared Himself To Peyton Manning/michael Jordan/ And Now Kobe?
 06-26-2006, 01:03 PMaway - #11
rkn0720 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$1,698 | 11800503
Damn i hope thats not true...because I was starting to think he wasa good rapper...o well
 06-26-2006, 01:09 PMaway - #12
casper 1 heat pts

d 
space
$14,741 | POWERFUL
everybody knew gil was writin for him, u listen to em & compare em just imagine gil wit a southern accent the ####'d be identicle, how the hell u think gil stil makin money?? u think he actually got a reg 9-5 job??? nah, he aint no real pusha, that was the rest of MF, yet he stay iced up how is that?? he writin for weezy, how else would u be happy behind the scenes for like 5 years
 06-26-2006, 01:10 PMaway - #13
FriscoBoss 

d 
space
$2,911 | 1503738
he needs a new ghost writer his albums are lyrical heaping mounds of excrement
 06-26-2006, 01:13 PMaway - #14

d 
space
$5,128 | 14448877
if u think gillie ghostwrite for weezy u are a class-a hater
 06-26-2006, 01:14 PMaway - #15
rkn0720 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$1,698 | 11800503
Originally Posted by Str8 outta Cuse
if u think gillie ghostwrite for weezy u are a class-a hater
yo im a fan of wayne...but don't all da clues seem to point to that? im definitly not hatin because I dont even know if its true
 06-26-2006, 01:23 PMaway - #16
Proofbreal 

d 
space
$780 | 966570
everybodys got a ghostwriter people just need the help from time to time
 06-26-2006, 01:24 PMaway - #17
newdude313 

d 
space
$80 | 560
Poster is lying he never said that....just cause u were there pitchen ideas dont mean you ghost wrote nothing... I hate when posters Chop and screw articles... Heres the Full Excerpt from MTV.com

When the rumor first started floating around, it seemed so improbable: City of Brotherly Love native Gillie the Kid was ghostwriting rhymes for Lil Wayne — who is touted as one of the best MCs in the world today. Rumors can be n@sty and farfetched, and Wayne not writing his own material sounds a little crazy, considering how often he collaborates in the studio with other artists and the mass output of material he unleashes on mixtapes and official albums.

Well, we finally caught up to former Cash Money recording artist Gillie himself and got to the heart of the matter. He said he left Cash Money because of disagreements with CEOs Baby and Slim, and he said he hasn't seen Wayne in quite some time. He did accuse Weezy of swagger-jacking, however, saying, "It's a lot of Philadelphia influence in New Orleans."

There is a huge difference from just being influenced by an MC and having an MC ghostwrite for you. So the question remains, did Gillie pen some of Wayne's lyrics for Tha Carter and Tha Carter, Vol. 2?

"Not for Carter 2," Gillie laughed. "I wasn't around for Tha Carter 2. Give all the credit to Lil Wayne for that. But it was a whole lot of things going down for Carter 1. Holla at your boy, Wayne."

Lil Wayne's publicist said Gillie's implication is false.

"We deny any of Gillie's claims," his publicist, Richelle Cross, said. "Wayne writes all of his own rhymes. He never used a ghostwriter, and in fact, Wayne ghostwrites for a lot of people out there."

We'll have much more on Gillie and his new ventures next week.

SO like i said if he wrote he wouldve said it... Sounds to me like the ni##a was jsut around pitchen ideas ...

Last edited by newdude313; 06-26-2006 at 01:27 PM..
 06-26-2006, 01:31 PMaway - #18
rkn0720 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$1,698 | 11800503
Originally Posted by newdude313
Poster is lying he never said that....just cause u were there pitchen ideas dont mean you ghost wrote nothing... I hate when posters Chop and screw articles... Heres the Full Excerpt from MTV.com

When the rumor first started floating around, it seemed so improbable: City of Brotherly Love native Gillie the Kid was ghostwriting rhymes for Lil Wayne — who is touted as one of the best MCs in the world today. Rumors can be n@sty and farfetched, and Wayne not writing his own material sounds a little crazy, considering how often he collaborates in the studio with other artists and the mass output of material he unleashes on mixtapes and official albums.

Well, we finally caught up to former Cash Money recording artist Gillie himself and got to the heart of the matter. He said he left Cash Money because of disagreements with CEOs Baby and Slim, and he said he hasn't seen Wayne in quite some time. He did accuse Weezy of swagger-jacking, however, saying, "It's a lot of Philadelphia influence in New Orleans."

There is a huge difference from just being influenced by an MC and having an MC ghostwrite for you. So the question remains, did Gillie pen some of Wayne's lyrics for Tha Carter and Tha Carter, Vol. 2?

"Not for Carter 2," Gillie laughed. "I wasn't around for Tha Carter 2. Give all the credit to Lil Wayne for that. But it was a whole lot of things going down for Carter 1. Holla at your boy, Wayne."

Lil Wayne's publicist said Gillie's implication is false.

"We deny any of Gillie's claims," his publicist, Richelle Cross, said. "Wayne writes all of his own rhymes. He never used a ghostwriter, and in fact, Wayne ghostwrites for a lot of people out there."

We'll have much more on Gillie and his new ventures next week.

SO like i said if he wrote he wouldve said it... Sounds to me like the ni##a was jsut around pitchen ideas ...
yea makes sense
 06-26-2006, 01:38 PMaway - #19
darick 

d 
space
$319 | 546869
Well I guess Gillie was just tired of just sitting in the background not saying nothing and getting no respect. He Said a in interviews before that he was ghost writing for people. It makes sense to me I can tell the difference from 500 degrees to da carter1. I mean he probably didnt help write da carter2 but alot artist have a little help here and there.
 06-26-2006, 01:38 PMaway - #20
Adam A 1 heat pts

d 
space
$4,446 | POWERFUL
I think wayne is the ####, but this is all funny considering he says he never writes anything down.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  PS4 “GayStation Edition” Up for Auction To Celebrate ..
56 comments
NBA Who you with? 1, 2, 3, or 4
62 comments
NBA Wad3 county
64 comments
  Jul 26 - I’ve Worked At Mcdonald’s For 10 Years And St...
New reply 45 seconds ago - 343 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 audio inside G-unit - Come Up
New reply 8 minutes ago - 65 comments - by KingP1n
 Video inside Aaron Hall: Any B*tch That Say My D*ck Is Small Is Lying
New reply 3 minutes ago - 55 comments - by GoldBluded
 OT Could An Assembled Group Of Bxsc Posters Beat The Best...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 84 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Image(s) inside Lil Durk Goin At Soulja Boy 4 Them Fufu Stack$$
New reply 4 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Muunsta
 NBA Throwback: The Greatest Nba Gif Of All Time (pic)
New reply 10 minutes ago - 59 comments - by King Henry
 Image(s) inside Godfather 50 Goes Off For Speaking On His Parenting
New reply 8 minutes ago - 64 comments - by chrismb
 Image(s) inside What's Your Favorite Drink From The Freestyle Coca Col...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 110 comments - by EscoNore

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.