b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer
whats popular right now

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
  
    
          join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer
33 topic by pimpinatl - 06-26-2006, 01:26 PM


'Gillie Da Kid has finally stepped up in a recent report and admitted to doing some ghostwriting for Lil’ Wayne. In a report by MTV, Gillie stated that he did some writing for Lil’ Wayne on the New Orleans rapper’s Tha Carter 1 album. He denied doing anything on Tha Carter 2, which I think is the better of the two. But, Wayne’s reps say that its all a crock of BS and Gillie’s a liar.' GOT THIS FROM ALLHIPHOP.COM. what have the world coming to when the 'kobe bryant of rap' has a ghost writer.> It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!



59 comments for "It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer"


 06-26-2006, 01:29 PMaway - #2
The Mighty Joe 

  d 
space
$6,074 | 0
Gilly been saying this sh*t...on underground philly dvd's...
he been gettin paid behind the scenes writing that ni**a's album....
 06-26-2006, 01:30 PMaway - #3
Str8 outta Cuse 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,231 | 14553057
Gillie is obviously looking for attention. . picture yourself in his place

he has no rep, no one knows who he is outside of philly, he needs attention so why not get it off of someone that he already doesn't like?
 06-26-2006, 01:32 PMaway - #4
The Mighty Joe 

  d 
space
$6,074 | 0
Originally Posted by Str8 outta Cuse
Gillie is obviously looking for attention. . picture yourself in his place

he has no rep, no one knows who he is outside of philly, he needs attention so why not get it off of someone that he already doesn't like?

Maybe....or he could just be telling the truth
 06-26-2006, 01:33 PMaway - #5
wr8201 

  d 
space
$5,867 | 9371870
i would hope he was writin for him cuz he was there for awhile and never came out
 06-26-2006, 01:34 PMaway - #6
Str8 outta Cuse 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,231 | 14553057
Originally Posted by The Mighty Joe
Maybe....or he could just be telling the truth

no way in hell
 06-26-2006, 01:35 PMaway - #7
Str8 outta Cuse 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,231 | 14553057
and even if he was. .wayne wrote the whole carter 2 which was his best anyways so we all know dude can spit
 06-26-2006, 01:35 PMaway - #8
gunits50cent187 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,661 | 14070217
lyrically ... Gillie > wayne
 06-26-2006, 01:42 PMaway - #9
kmstokes 

  d 
space
$6,731 | 11506589
It could be tru cuz the ni**a did step his game up big time lyrically on the Carter 1

Give props and they shall be returned
 06-26-2006, 01:42 PMaway - #10
R0R0 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$5,001 | 14154944
Lol He Compared Himself To Peyton Manning/michael Jordan/ And Now Kobe?
 06-26-2006, 02:03 PMaway - #11
rkn0720 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$1,736 | 12437658
Damn i hope thats not true...because I was starting to think he wasa good rapper...o well
 06-26-2006, 02:09 PMaway - #12
casper 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$14,750 | POWERFUL
everybody knew gil was writin for him, u listen to em & compare em just imagine gil wit a southern accent the sh*t'd be identicle, how the hell u think gil stil makin money?? u think he actually got a reg 9-5 job??? nah, he aint no real pusha, that was the rest of MF, yet he stay iced up how is that?? he writin for weezy, how else would u be happy behind the scenes for like 5 years
 06-26-2006, 02:10 PMaway - #13
FriscoBoss 

  d 
space
$2,914 | 1503738
he needs a new ghost writer his albums are lyrical heaping mounds of excrement
 06-26-2006, 02:13 PMaway - #14
Str8 outta Cuse 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,231 | 14553057
if u think gillie ghostwrite for weezy u are a class-a hater
 06-26-2006, 02:14 PMaway - #15
rkn0720 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$1,736 | 12437658
Originally Posted by Str8 outta Cuse
if u think gillie ghostwrite for weezy u are a class-a hater
yo im a fan of wayne...but don't all da clues seem to point to that? im definitly not hatin because I dont even know if its true
 06-26-2006, 02:23 PMaway - #16
Proofbreal 

  d 
space
$780 | 966570
everybodys got a ghostwriter people just need the help from time to time
 06-26-2006, 02:24 PMaway - #17
newdude313 

  d 
space
$80 | 560
Poster is lying he never said that....just cause u were there pitchen ideas dont mean you ghost wrote nothing... I hate when posters Chop and screw articles... Heres the Full Excerpt from MTV.com

When the rumor first started floating around, it seemed so improbable: City of Brotherly Love native Gillie the Kid was ghostwriting rhymes for Lil Wayne — who is touted as one of the best MCs in the world today. Rumors can be n@sty and farfetched, and Wayne not writing his own material sounds a little crazy, considering how often he collaborates in the studio with other artists and the mass output of material he unleashes on mixtapes and official albums.

Well, we finally caught up to former Cash Money recording artist Gillie himself and got to the heart of the matter. He said he left Cash Money because of disagreements with CEOs Baby and Slim, and he said he hasn't seen Wayne in quite some time. He did accuse Weezy of swagger-jacking, however, saying, "It's a lot of Philadelphia influence in New Orleans."

There is a huge difference from just being influenced by an MC and having an MC ghostwrite for you. So the question remains, did Gillie pen some of Wayne's lyrics for Tha Carter and Tha Carter, Vol. 2?

"Not for Carter 2," Gillie laughed. "I wasn't around for Tha Carter 2. Give all the credit to Lil Wayne for that. But it was a whole lot of things going down for Carter 1. Holla at your boy, Wayne."

Lil Wayne's publicist said Gillie's implication is false.

"We deny any of Gillie's claims," his publicist, Richelle Cross, said. "Wayne writes all of his own rhymes. He never used a ghostwriter, and in fact, Wayne ghostwrites for a lot of people out there."

We'll have much more on Gillie and his new ventures next week.



SO like i said if he wrote he wouldve said it... Sounds to me like the ni**a was jsut around pitchen ideas ...

Last edited by newdude313; 06-26-2006 at 02:27 PM..
 06-26-2006, 02:31 PMaway - #18
rkn0720 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$1,736 | 12437658
Originally Posted by newdude313
Poster is lying he never said that....just cause u were there pitchen ideas dont mean you ghost wrote nothing... I hate when posters Chop and screw articles... Heres the Full Excerpt from MTV.com

When the rumor first started floating around, it seemed so improbable: City of Brotherly Love native Gillie the Kid was ghostwriting rhymes for Lil Wayne — who is touted as one of the best MCs in the world today. Rumors can be n@sty and farfetched, and Wayne not writing his own material sounds a little crazy, considering how often he collaborates in the studio with other artists and the mass output of material he unleashes on mixtapes and official albums.

Well, we finally caught up to former Cash Money recording artist Gillie himself and got to the heart of the matter. He said he left Cash Money because of disagreements with CEOs Baby and Slim, and he said he hasn't seen Wayne in quite some time. He did accuse Weezy of swagger-jacking, however, saying, "It's a lot of Philadelphia influence in New Orleans."

There is a huge difference from just being influenced by an MC and having an MC ghostwrite for you. So the question remains, did Gillie pen some of Wayne's lyrics for Tha Carter and Tha Carter, Vol. 2?

"Not for Carter 2," Gillie laughed. "I wasn't around for Tha Carter 2. Give all the credit to Lil Wayne for that. But it was a whole lot of things going down for Carter 1. Holla at your boy, Wayne."

Lil Wayne's publicist said Gillie's implication is false.

"We deny any of Gillie's claims," his publicist, Richelle Cross, said. "Wayne writes all of his own rhymes. He never used a ghostwriter, and in fact, Wayne ghostwrites for a lot of people out there."

We'll have much more on Gillie and his new ventures next week.



SO like i said if he wrote he wouldve said it... Sounds to me like the ni**a was jsut around pitchen ideas ...
yea makes sense
 06-26-2006, 02:38 PMaway - #19
darick 

  d 
space
$319 | 546869
Well I guess Gillie was just tired of just sitting in the background not saying nothing and getting no respect. He Said a in interviews before that he was ghost writing for people. It makes sense to me I can tell the difference from 500 degrees to da carter1. I mean he probably didnt help write da carter2 but alot artist have a little help here and there.
 06-26-2006, 02:38 PMaway - #20
Adam A 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,448 | POWERFUL
I think wayne is the sh*t, but this is all funny considering he says he never writes anything down.
 


 



NFL The OFFICIAL Superbowl XLIX Thread: New England Patriots..
354 comments
Image inside  Is it safe to say Fab got the best style in rap?
63 comments
Image inside  Asap Rocky still clowning Oddfather 50
83 comments
 NFL What Are You Fat Asses Going To Eat During The Super B...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 75 comments - by Nugit
 Video inside Teen Boys Rap About Blowing Domes! Is Homo-thuggin The...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 125 comments - by marcchrome
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Getting At A$ap Rocky 😆😆ԅ...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 337 comments - by shellz386
  Chromecast Is Now The No. 1 Streaming Device In The U....
New reply 23 minutes ago - 52 comments - by mtva24
 NFL Cris Carter On Josh Gordon: 'i'm Only Going To Talk Ab...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 84 comments - by Steve
  Leaked Images Of Early Samsung Galaxy S6 Prototype Sur...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 77 comments - by KidPow
 NBA Signing Pau Gasol Was A Mistake (bulls Writer Goes In)
New reply 15 minutes ago - 100 comments - by TraV
 Article inside Pusha T: 'notorious B.i.g. Was The Greatest Rapper Who...
New reply 27 minutes ago - 124 comments - by VA Prime
last 48 hours

like bx on facebook


follow bx on twitter
5,931 fans of BX | none new today 4,908 following and 4 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement   |  © Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.