This is BX @ Boxden.com


Is Lil Wayne Still Attending University of Houston?


 Is Lil Wayne Still Attending University of Houston?
topic by deejay_emcee - 07-24-2007, 04:31 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot


just curious.

because i know he was atteding two years ago.
im pretty sure he's finished but damn even two years ago he was busy so props for him to do all the music and be in college.

but now idk, now he's pretty much a certified crack addict, work-a-holic in terms of music, so i doubt theres anytime for school. he shouldnt have been there in the first place

he's been rich since age 15!!


Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

19 comments for "Is Lil Wayne Still Attending University of Houston?"


 07-24-2007, 04:46 AMaway - #2
Ameen 

  d 
space
$2,198 | 253776
"Quick Draw McGraw, I went to Art school"
 07-24-2007, 07:30 AMaway - #3
DoctorJ|m 25 heat pts25

  d 
space
$4,874 | POWERFUL
Met him twice at music conferences...pretty humble guy in person and when he speaks on panels.

Yes, he is still taking online classes at U of H towards a few degrees.

Weither you like his music or now --- All Ima say is 'image' = 90% fiction. And I don't mean that in a bad way...dude is a pretty smart individual. Has Wayne used drugs in his lifetime - I'm sure definitely. At this current point in his career (speaking at conferences, college classes, studio rat, taking acting classes, and trying to get movie roles) is he a 'crack-head' - I highly disagree with that.
 07-24-2007, 07:41 AMaway - #4
Jiraiya 124 heat pts124

  d 
space
$10,529 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ameen
"Quick Draw McGraw, I went to Art school"
...

On the real...i dont see anything wrong with anyone goin baq to school regardless of age or financial status...my mom is damn near 40 and she's starting school once again in september to get a bachelors in nursing...mo power to wayne...plus i think education can help lyric wise
 07-24-2007, 07:58 AMaway - #5
resunsward 

  d 
space
$1,077 | 6821253
He Said He Switched His Degree To Psychology
 07-24-2007, 10:23 AMaway - #6
Jerzyfam 

  d 
space
$1,378 | 4806779
any idiot can get a degree...that ain't sayin nuttin
 07-24-2007, 10:33 AMaway - #7
BayBuryYa 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,768 | 6050998
Originally Posted by Jerzyfam
any idiot can get a degree...that ain't sayin nuttin
well not really because idiots dont see the importance of a college degree. and the person said crack head and then the other person said i dont think he is. they meant hes a crack head in the studio, never sleeps always puttin out mixtapes, not that hes a literal crack head. Methazine fiend though... quick question, does anyone ever find themselves inserting wayne lyrics just during the day into casual conversation. isnt it funny that sometimes people overhear you and point it out like oh thats that lil weezyana or something? h
 07-24-2007, 10:36 AMaway - #8
Jerzyfam 

  d 
space
$1,378 | 4806779
Originally Posted by BayBuryYa
well not really because idiots dont see the importance of a college degree. and the person said crack head and then the other person said i dont think he is. they meant hes a crack head in the studio, never sleeps always puttin out mixtapes, not that hes a literal crack head. Methazine fiend though... quick question, does anyone ever find themselves inserting wayne lyrics just during the day into casual conversation. isnt it funny that sometimes people overhear you and point it out like oh thats that lil weezyana or something? h
i'm not even talkin bout wayne..i'm talkin bout people in general..i stop tryin in school after 6th grade and i got a college degree...you don't need to study, just do homework and class a$signments and a teacher will pass you off the strength off that...hence you can be an idiot who works hard and still get a degree......i know plenty of computer science majors who don't know #### about a computer....
 07-24-2007, 10:54 AMaway - #9
Blockburner28 44 heat pts44

  d 
space
$10,816 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jerzyfam
just do homework and class a$signments
Seem like trying to me
 07-24-2007, 11:50 AMaway - #10
DoctorJ|m 25 heat pts25

  d 
space
$4,874 | POWERFUL
I'm not 100% sure if he switched his major to Psychology...but if he did...

Yall are aware that Psychology is a 5-year major at both Uni. of Houston as well as Texas A&M right??

No disrespect to my 'favorite critic' Jerz...but in contrast to what he said, unless you are taking just an a$sociate degree at a community college or doing a education major which takes less than 2 years to finish, college can be tough man. Psychology degrees require quite a bit of intern work (usually 32 hours+ for state universities), as well as a bunch of 5000+ level coded classes...so it could be hard for him. Besides the regular a$sociate courses, do a search on pre-requisites to a Psychology degree...Statistics, Physics I & II, Chem I & II, Theories of Psychotherapy, Calc I, and more. <--- Definitely NOT what I would consider bird-courses!

Now, I was in college for 6 and half years...and I'd say 4 of those years, you weren't even graded on homework or attendance...so I definitely had to study my a$s off for exams & presentations. Give the man Wayne some credit. Diss him on his arrests, predator-like image, swagger, or songs...but dude is at least trying better himself mentally. I can't hate that. Like Baybura said, 'idiots' (and generally stars) never see the importance of school/education so they never finish or go.

Last edited by DoctorJ; 07-24-2007 at 11:51 AM..
 07-24-2007, 12:33 PMaway - #11
Marccoogs19 53 heat pts53

  d 
space
$5,828 | POWERFUL
Well I'm a UH student, and his name is still on the school directory, so i know he is still enrolled. I don't know if he is taking classes right now though. Probably Online Distance classes.
 07-24-2007, 01:02 PMaway - #12
kapiku21 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$2,552 | 13293792
he's takin online classes...... he can just pretty much hire somebody to do the work for him and take credit for it


... its not like that would be anything new on his part
 07-24-2007, 01:17 PMaway - #13
Jerzyfam 

  d 
space
$1,378 | 4806779
Originally Posted by DoctorJ
I'm not 100% sure if he switched his major to Psychology...but if he did...

Yall are aware that Psychology is a 5-year major at both Uni. of Houston as well as Texas A&M right??

No disrespect to my 'favorite critic' Jerz...but in contrast to what he said, unless you are taking just an a$sociate degree at a community college or doing a education major which takes less than 2 years to finish, college can be tough man. Psychology degrees require quite a bit of intern work (usually 32 hours+ for state universities), as well as a bunch of 5000+ level coded classes...so it could be hard for him. Besides the regular a$sociate courses, do a search on pre-requisites to a Psychology degree...Statistics, Physics I & II, Chem I & II, Theories of Psychotherapy, Calc I, and more. <--- Definitely NOT what I would consider bird-courses!

Now, I was in college for 6 and half years...and I'd say 4 of those years, you weren't even graded on homework or attendance...so I definitely had to study my a$s off for exams & presentations. Give the man Wayne some credit. Diss him on his arrests, predator-like image, swagger, or songs...but dude is at least trying better himself mentally. I can't hate that. Like Baybura said, 'idiots' (and generally stars) never see the importance of school/education so they never finish or go.

No offense taken :D.

Anyway, I still disagree. All I did my entire college career was get high and #### ####es(still had a 3.0). I never studied just made sure I turned in the a$signments. I think because I came from good grade schools I was always ahead. Guess I won't talk down on people who find college tuff and just feel fortune that it seemed like a simple minded thing to do for me. Now if you tryin to get a REAL degree like engineering or medicine, maybe then it is hard but all these phsyc majors and other cop out majors are just frivilous.
 07-24-2007, 02:55 PMaway - #14
YUNG CALIFORNIA 

  d 
space
$1,060 | 7692134
Originally Posted by Jerzyfam
No offense taken :D.

Anyway, I still disagree. All I did my entire college career was get high and #### ####es(still had a 3.0). I never studied just made sure I turned in the a$signments. I think because I came from good grade schools I was always ahead. Guess I won't talk down on people who find college tuff and just feel fortune that it seemed like a simple minded thing to do for me. Now if you tryin to get a REAL degree like engineering or medicine, maybe then it is hard but all these phsyc majors and other cop out majors are just frivilous.
yea for some people college is harder. im smart but actually sitting down and getting the papers done is hard to do for me, hard to stay focused i guess. but your right that college is mostly writing papers and if you do that you are good.
 07-24-2007, 02:57 PMaway - #15
DoctorJ|m 25 heat pts25

  d 
space
$4,874 | POWERFUL
No doubt, I can definitely respect that Jerz...

Just curious --- what was your major(s) while in school???


My majors were: Civil Engineering, Comm. Music Business, & Trademark Law...with a minor in GIS/Transportation Mapping
 07-24-2007, 04:32 PMaway - #16
macadon83 

  d 
space
$10,709 | 16479403
Originally Posted by kapiku21
he's takin online classes...... he can just pretty much hire somebody to do the work for him and take credit for it


... its not like that would be anything new on his part
lol. Yeah, he could be cheating. I took every test for my homegurls calculus class last year.
 07-24-2007, 05:07 PMaway - #17
Jerzyfam 

  d 
space
$1,378 | 4806779
Originally Posted by DoctorJ
No doubt, I can definitely respect that Jerz...

Just curious --- what was your major(s) while in school???


My majors were: Civil Engineering, Comm. Music Business, & Trademark Law...with a minor in GIS/Transportation Mapping
i went thru a lot of bs...start school at umd as engineer...switched to computer science cause they asked me to build an electronic scale from scratch but didn't really explain #### so i was actually stumped on that....but anyway switch to computer science, got kicked out when we tried to blow an ounce all in one session...transferred to rowan...skipped all my classes and got a .7 gpa ...dropped the 2nd semester outta there....went to burlington county commuinty...skipped all classes again but still passes most...went to camden county for a few classes...then went to a school i'ma just leave unnamed and go my bachelors....

see i changed majors after 2 semesters, got kicked out 1 sememster, flunked out for not going 1 semester, dropped out 1 semester, and i still graduated in 5 1/2 years....i don't think that's bad at all :D
 07-24-2007, 05:18 PMaway - #18
DoctorJ|m 25 heat pts25

  d 
space
$4,874 | POWERFUL
hahaah, sounds complicated homie. Much props... Least you waited it through.

My journey was pretty simple compared to yours...I started as a mechanical engineering major first before I switched to Civil...

I had a Dominican rep. though that sounds alot like your story. Homie, started as mechanical engg....went to computer engg....then switched to computer science...then switched to computer networking....then switched to finance....then met a girl in medical, so he 'tried' to switch to sports medicine...####ed up his grades and dropped out to try his hand at fireman school. Gave up on that...finally went back to school for finance...has 4 classes to graduate.
 08-06-2007, 09:50 PMaway - #19
steelmagnum 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$660 | 4308066
goddamn that must be tough to make music and get a degree
big props to weezy
 08-07-2007, 07:25 PMaway - #20
Matt_Jones 

  d 
space
$323 | 1945111
Naw fuu, Lil Wayne one smart man
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Hannibal Buress Called Bill Cosby a Rapist During a St..
74 comments
Video inside  Xbox Won multitasking at work (Party/Movie/Game)
100 comments
NBA Derrick Rose puts Kyrie Irving in the Spin Cycle (gif)
56 comments
 Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds 2 Ig Comment
New reply 11 minutes ago - 74 comments - by Dray
 Image(s) inside Slowbucks Responds
New reply 58 minutes ago - 133 comments - by ajeana
  Chief Keef Dropped From Interscope
New reply 12 minutes ago - 323 comments - by youngige
 audio inside Joe Budden "ordinary Love Sh-t Pt. 4"
New reply 1 hour ago - 94 comments - by Nickel
 Image(s) inside Oct 20 - There's One Skill Worth More Than A Harvard D...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 140 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Oct 20 - You Can Turn A $2000 Shipping Container Into ...
New reply 1 hour ago - 79 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
  I Hate Niggas That...
New reply 44 minutes ago - 89 comments - by tripleG
 Video inside Smack/url Presents- Shotgun Suge Vs Charron [discussio...
New reply 1 hour ago - 129 comments - by ZeusSlaps

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.