Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Is Lil Wayne Still Attending University of Houston?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
77 viewing
 Audio inside Rapper Secretly Records An Entire Album At Apple Store in NYC
51 comments
most viewed right now
39 viewing
Video inside Tyrone vs Big Brody
53 comments

top in section
22 viewing
Image inside Damn Girl....I got one question for You
top in eyecandy
top in section
19 viewing
Image inside Final Numbers are In! Meek Mill sold 216,000 copies. (Not including st..
top in hiphop

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know ğ Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Is Lil Wayne Still Attending University of Houston?
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #1
21427 pageviews
19 comments

deejay_emcee  space
space
$3,489 | 12247127
just curious.

because i know he was atteding two years ago.
im pretty sure he's finished but damn even two years ago he was busy so props for him to do all the music and be in college.

but now idk, now he's pretty much a certified crack addict, work-a-holic in terms of music, so i doubt theres anytime for school. he shouldnt have been there in the first place

he's been rich since age 15!!

19 comments for "Is Lil Wayne Still Attending University of Houston?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #2
Ameen  space
Conscious
space
$2,199 | 253776
"Quick Draw McGraw, I went to Art school"
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #3
DoctorJ|m 25 heat pts25 space
MIC MEDIC
space
$4,874 | POWERFUL
Met him twice at music conferences...pretty humble guy in person and when he speaks on panels.

Yes, he is still taking online classes at U of H towards a few degrees.

Weither you like his music or now --- All Ima say is 'image' = 90% fiction. And I don't mean that in a bad way...dude is a pretty smart individual. Has Wayne used drugs in his lifetime - I'm sure definitely. At this current point in his career (speaking at conferences, college classes, studio rat, taking acting classes, and trying to get movie roles) is he a 'crack-head' - I highly disagree with that.
Unread 8 years agoclass of '07 - away - #4
Jiraiya 128 heat pts128 space
The Knick
space
$10,983 | POWERFUL
Ameen said:
"Quick Draw McGraw, I went to Art school"

On the real...i dont see anything wrong with anyone goin baq to school regardless of age or financial status...my mom is damn near 40 and she's starting school once again in september to get a bachelors in nursing...mo power to wayne...plus i think education can help lyric wise
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #5
resunsward 1 heat pts space
space
$2,026 | 14113569
He Said He Switched His Degree To Psychology
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #6
Jerzyfam  space
Jerz+Philly+NY>Rest of US
space
$1,378 | 4806779
any idiot can get a degree...that ain't sayin nuttin
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
BayBuryYa 2 heat pts space
space
$3,220 | 12231006
Jerzyfam said:
any idiot can get a degree...that ain't sayin nuttin
well not really because idiots dont see the importance of a college degree. and the person said crack head and then the other person said i dont think he is. they meant hes a crack head in the studio, never sleeps always puttin out mixtapes, not that hes a literal crack head. Methazine fiend though... quick question, does anyone ever find themselves inserting wayne lyrics just during the day into casual conversation. isnt it funny that sometimes people overhear you and point it out like oh thats that lil weezyana or something? h
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #8
Jerzyfam  space
space
$1,378 | 4806779
BayBuryYa said:
well not really because idiots dont see the importance of a college degree. and the person said crack head and then the other person said i dont think he is. they meant hes a crack head in the studio, never sleeps always puttin out mixtapes, not that hes a literal crack head. Methazine fiend though... quick question, does anyone ever find themselves inserting wayne lyrics just during the day into casual conversation. isnt it funny that sometimes people overhear you and point it out like oh thats that lil weezyana or something? h
i'm not even talkin bout wayne..i'm talkin bout people in general..i stop tryin in school after 6th grade and i got a college degree...you don't need to study, just do homework and class a.ssignments and a teacher will pass you off the strength off that...hence you can be an idiot who works hard and still get a degree......i know plenty of computer science majors who don't know sh*t about a computer....
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #9
Blockburner28 52 heat pts52 space
Who Dat 2014
space
$12,142 | POWERFUL
Jerzyfam said:
just do homework and class a.ssignments
Seem like trying to me
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #10
MIC MEDIC
space
$4,874 | POWERFUL
I'm not 100% sure if he switched his major to Psychology...but if he did...

Yall are aware that Psychology is a 5-year major at both Uni. of Houston as well as Texas A&M right??

No disrespect to my 'favorite critic' Jerz...but in contrast to what he said, unless you are taking just an a.ssociate degree at a community college or doing a education major which takes less than 2 years to finish, college can be tough man. Psychology degrees require quite a bit of intern work (usually 32 hours+ for state universities), as well as a bunch of 5000+ level coded classes...so it could be hard for him. Besides the regular a.ssociate courses, do a search on pre-requisites to a Psychology degree...Statistics, Physics I & II, Chem I & II, Theories of Psychotherapy, Calc I, and more. <--- Definitely NOT what I would consider bird-courses!

Now, I was in college for 6 and half years...and I'd say 4 of those years, you weren't even graded on homework or attendance...so I definitely had to study my a.ss off for exams & presentations. Give the man Wayne some credit. Diss him on his arrests, predator-like image, swagger, or songs...but dude is at least trying better himself mentally. I can't hate that. Like Baybura said, 'idiots' (and generally stars) never see the importance of school/education so they never finish or go.

Last edited by DoctorJ; 07-24-2007 at 11:51 AM..
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #11
Marccoogs19 95 heat pts95 space
MarcoHTX
space
$7,994 | POWERFUL
Well I'm a UH student, and his name is still on the school directory, so i know he is still enrolled. I don't know if he is taking classes right now though. Probably Online Distance classes.
Unread 8 years agoclass of '05 - away - #12
kapiku21 22 heat pts22 space
Wash Heights
space
$2,569 | 13388692
he's takin online classes...... he can just pretty much hire somebody to do the work for him and take credit for it

... its not like that would be anything new on his part
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #13
Jerzyfam  space
space
$1,378 | 4806779
DoctorJ said:
I'm not 100% sure if he switched his major to Psychology...but if he did...

Yall are aware that Psychology is a 5-year major at both Uni. of Houston as well as Texas A&M right??

No disrespect to my 'favorite critic' Jerz...but in contrast to what he said, unless you are taking just an a.ssociate degree at a community college or doing a education major which takes less than 2 years to finish, college can be tough man. Psychology degrees require quite a bit of intern work (usually 32 hours+ for state universities), as well as a bunch of 5000+ level coded classes...so it could be hard for him. Besides the regular a.ssociate courses, do a search on pre-requisites to a Psychology degree...Statistics, Physics I & II, Chem I & II, Theories of Psychotherapy, Calc I, and more. <--- Definitely NOT what I would consider bird-courses!

Now, I was in college for 6 and half years...and I'd say 4 of those years, you weren't even graded on homework or attendance...so I definitely had to study my a.ss off for exams & presentations. Give the man Wayne some credit. Diss him on his arrests, predator-like image, swagger, or songs...but dude is at least trying better himself mentally. I can't hate that. Like Baybura said, 'idiots' (and generally stars) never see the importance of school/education so they never finish or go.

No offense taken :D.

Anyway, I still disagree. All I did my entire college career was get high and fu*k bi*ches(still had a 3.0). I never studied just made sure I turned in the a.ssignments. I think because I came from good grade schools I was always ahead. Guess I won't talk down on people who find college tuff and just feel fortune that it seemed like a simple minded thing to do for me. Now if you tryin to get a REAL degree like engineering or medicine, maybe then it is hard but all these phsyc majors and other cop out majors are just frivilous.
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #14
YUNG CALIFORNIA  space
M.I.YAYO
space
$1,060 | 7692134
Jerzyfam said:
No offense taken :D.

Anyway, I still disagree. All I did my entire college career was get high and fu*k bi*ches(still had a 3.0). I never studied just made sure I turned in the a.ssignments. I think because I came from good grade schools I was always ahead. Guess I won't talk down on people who find college tuff and just feel fortune that it seemed like a simple minded thing to do for me. Now if you tryin to get a REAL degree like engineering or medicine, maybe then it is hard but all these phsyc majors and other cop out majors are just frivilous.
yea for some people college is harder. im smart but actually sitting down and getting the papers done is hard to do for me, hard to stay focused i guess. but your right that college is mostly writing papers and if you do that you are good.
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #15
MIC MEDIC
space
$4,874 | POWERFUL
No doubt, I can definitely respect that Jerz...

Just curious --- what was your major(s) while in school???

My majors were: Civil Engineering, Comm. Music Business, & Trademark Law...with a minor in GIS/Transportation Mapping
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #16
macadon83  space
Mezmorized
space
$10,709 | 16479403
kapiku21 said:
he's takin online classes...... he can just pretty much hire somebody to do the work for him and take credit for it

... its not like that would be anything new on his part
lol. Yeah, he could be cheating. I took every test for my homegurls calculus class last year.
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #17
Jerzyfam  space
space
$1,378 | 4806779
DoctorJ said:
No doubt, I can definitely respect that Jerz...

Just curious --- what was your major(s) while in school???

My majors were: Civil Engineering, Comm. Music Business, & Trademark Law...with a minor in GIS/Transportation Mapping
i went thru a lot of bs...start school at umd as engineer...switched to computer science cause they asked me to build an electronic scale from scratch but didn't really explain sh*t so i was actually stumped on that....but anyway switch to computer science, got kicked out when we tried to blow an ounce all in one session...transferred to rowan...skipped all my classes and got a .7 gpa ...dropped the 2nd semester outta there....went to burlington county commuinty...skipped all classes again but still passes most...went to camden county for a few classes...then went to a school i'ma just leave unnamed and go my bachelors....

see i changed majors after 2 semesters, got kicked out 1 sememster, flunked out for not going 1 semester, dropped out 1 semester, and i still graduated in 5 1/2 years....i don't think that's bad at all :D
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #18
MIC MEDIC
space
$4,874 | POWERFUL
hahaah, sounds complicated homie. Much props... Least you waited it through.

My journey was pretty simple compared to yours...I started as a mechanical engineering major first before I switched to Civil...

I had a Dominican rep. though that sounds alot like your story. Homie, started as mechanical engg....went to computer engg....then switched to computer science...then switched to computer networking....then switched to finance....then met a girl in medical, so he 'tried' to switch to sports medicine...fu*ked up his grades and dropped out to try his hand at fireman school. Gave up on that...finally went back to school for finance...has 4 classes to graduate.
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #19
steelmagnum 7 heat pts space
1st Class Hustle
space
$660 | 4308066
goddamn that must be tough to make music and get a degree
big props to weezy
Unread 8 years agoclass of '07 - away - #20
Matt_Jones  space
FNF U-P
space
$323 | 1945111
Naw fuu, Lil Wayne one smart man

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside Stuck in a Basement for 10 Years: What Do You Pick?
286 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
8 viewing
NBA D'angelo Russell VS Swaggy P - winner wears #0 jersey for the lakers
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Possible Red Dead Redemption 2 Details
67 comments
@games
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Image inside 'Hong Kong is not China': Artist's illustrations go viral
45 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Image inside Reebok Classic Fans?
19 comments
@gear
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside Most unintentionally hilarious scene in a movie ever
121 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Jul 5 - 30 people shot in 8 hours in Chicago
200 comments
@news
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside The 25 Best Sneakers of 2015 Thus Far.
73 comments
@gear
most viewed right now
3 viewing
Video inside David Banner: What's Going On In Hip-Hop Today Is Embarrassing
69 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  İ BX 1998-end of time