This is BX @ Boxden.com

Ima go there again cuz ya'll know its true...Timbo>>>>>>>Dr. Dre...Bring the debates!

Ima go there again cuz ya'll know its true...Timbo>>>>>>>Dr. Dre...Bring the debates!
topic by DPGUNIT - 08-23-2007, 05:26 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

ANSWER IT

Im glad folks gave Dilla love in the other thread...but this is a debate between 2 COMMERCIALLY KNOWN producers...and from the opinions i got in the other thread i figured this would be a vaild debate for the majority of boxden> Ima go there again cuz ya'll know its true...Timbo>>>>>>>Dr. Dre...Bring the debates! - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

thoughts?

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

52 comments for "WHAT MAKES DR. DRE THE GREATEST?? and btw...Timbo>>>>>>>Dr. Dre...Bring the debates!"

08-23-2007, 05:35 PMaway - #2
KE3 

d 
space
$829 | 1275302
I agree, Timbo>>>>>>>>>>J Dilla. That is all, wait. Oh yeah, he's way better than Dre also. These Black producers stay doing the same !!, and using the same style of samples their whole !!ing careers. Timbo has done it all as far as hits for multiple genres, and came back with different sounds that were copied. And his best stuff doesn't require multiple samples. So, any of these average Black guys don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same category. And that is my opinion, which is fact only to me.
 08-23-2007, 05:37 PMaway - #3
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,131 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KE3
I agree, Timbo>>>>>>>>>>J Dilla. That is all, wait. Oh yeah, he's way better than Dre also. These Black producers stay doing the same !!, and using the same style of samples their whole !!ing careers. Timbo has done it all as far as hits for multiple genres, and came back with different sounds that were copied. And his best stuff doesn't require multiple samples. So, any of these average Black guys don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same category. And that is my opinion, which is fact only to me.
i didnt say that...i just wanted to compare 2 more widely known producers since folks said they really havent heard most if Dillas material
 08-23-2007, 05:38 PMaway - #4
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m 

d 
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KE3
I guess you haven't dug that deep into Jay Dee's catalog.
 08-23-2007, 05:40 PMaway - #5
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m 

d 
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Timbaland has ghost producers too. Two producers who don't do beats with there own mind. Better comparison, but I think I would rather not get into why I don't respect either of them.
 08-23-2007, 05:42 PMaway - #6
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,131 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´
Timbaland has ghost producers too. Two producers who don't do beats with there own mind. Better comparison, but I think I would rather not get into why I don't respect either of them.
speak on it fam i say timbo>>>>Dre cuz when he first came on the scene his style forced everybody to switch they !! up....there were basically no fast uptempo beats til Timbo
 08-23-2007, 05:47 PMaway - #7
KE3 

d 
space
$829 | 1275302
SMH, one Timbo and Danja beat off that Loose or Justin album>>>Dre and Timbo's careers.
 08-23-2007, 05:58 PMaway - #8
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m 

d 
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
My only problem with Timbo is the work he gives to all the wack a$s people he works with. He brought Missy Elliot to us, I will never forgive him for that. Dr. Dre stole G-Funk, he !!ed up ALOT of [rip] row and aftermath albums and stopped them from coming out aswell. Not to mention He has produced about 40% of his beats by himself.
 08-23-2007, 06:12 PMaway - #9
Victor $weet 

d 
space
$863 | 9015049
Y'all are hatin' on Dre hardcore nowadays, actin' like he didn't do what he did for rap and ish...If it weren't for DJ Premier, he would be the greatest producer rap has ever seen, period.
 08-23-2007, 06:14 PMaway - #10
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,131 | POWERFUL
he has "hits" but for people to label him as the greatest just baffles the !! outta me
 08-23-2007, 06:15 PMaway - #11
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m 

d 
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Victor $weet
Y'all are hatin' on Dre hardcore nowadays, actin' like he didn't do what he did for rap and !!...If it weren't for DJ Premier, he would be the greatest producer rap has ever seen, period.
What did he do?

He stole G-Funk, so give me something HIS brain came up with, that is dope.
 08-23-2007, 06:17 PMaway - #12
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m 

d 
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
In Da Club is the best beat I have ever heard...
 08-23-2007, 06:18 PMaway - #13
Storchaveli 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$25,454 | POWERFUL
He stole G-funk

Dre >>>> Timbo >>> Dilla

Fools are just saying Timbo is better cuz Timbo is on fire right now... but Dre has been doing this for over 20 years consistently.
 08-23-2007, 06:19 PMaway - #14
timdog 229 heat pts229

d 
space
$14,222 | POWERFUL
tim is nowhere near dre
 08-23-2007, 06:20 PMaway - #15
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,131 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Storchaveli
He stole G-funk

Dre >>>> Timbo >>> Dilla

Fools are just saying Timbo is better cuz Timbo is on fire right now... but Dre has been doing this for over 20 years consistently.
Timb is hot right now?if any producer is hot right now its Rotem...nobody still has given a CLEAR answer as to why Dre is labeled the greatest
 08-23-2007, 06:21 PMaway - #16
hurricanegamePZ 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,992 | POWERFUL
yall some IDIOTS if you think timbo is really behind justin timberlakes and timbos recent success.....its all danjahandz..timbo says it himself...read up in "scratch" wit danjahandz and you'll see how much work timbo is really doing on his new !!....however.. DANJAHANDZ is GOAT
 08-23-2007, 06:24 PMaway - #17
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m 

d 
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Storchaveli
He stole G-funk
Um, you never heard that before?

Cold 187um created G-Funk and Dr. Dre stole it an ran with it. Before you even respond to me, make sure you know who Cold 187um is..

Not to mention the fact Del the Funkee homosapein, Redman, & EPMD were all using funk samples year(s) before Cold 187um even came up with the idea.
 08-23-2007, 06:26 PMaway - #18
Victor $weet 

d 
space
$863 | 9015049
Originally Posted by `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´
What did he do?
I don't know, other than being a innovator to this whole rap !!; changing it's form, pioneering "gangsta rap," being one of the first to put the reality of the streets into the music and at the same time, selling records and making the !! commercialized....Oh yeah, and that whole "Chronic" thing...but I guess other than that, he did nothing, and he isn't worth !!.....

I think I'd much rather listen to Magoo, Nelly Furtado, Tweet & Missy Elliott anyway...:rolleyes:

Last edited by Victor $weet; 08-23-2007 at 06:27 PM..
 08-23-2007, 06:26 PMaway - #19
timdog 229 heat pts229

d 
space
$14,222 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DPGUNIT
Timb is hot right now?if any producer is hot right now its Rotem...nobody still has given a CLEAR answer as to why Dre is labeled the greatest
dre's been part of three dyn@sty;s ruthless [rip]row and aftermath thats why he is considere the greatest

dre>>>>>>>>>>>>>ur fav producer
 08-23-2007, 06:28 PMaway - #20
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m 

d 
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Victor $weet
I don't know, other than being a innovator to this whole rap !!; changing it's form, pioneering "gangsta rap," being one of the first to put the reality of the streets into the music and at the same time, selling records and making the !! commercialized....Oh yeah, and that whole "Chronic" thing...but I guess other than that, he did nothing, and he isn't worth !!.....
Oh so he pioneered gangsta rap 4 years after Kool G Rap.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Apr 22 - Christie vows not to legalize pot: New Jersey..
66 comments
Image inside  New Call of Duty info
50 comments
BOX Stephen A.: "Floyd Mayweather Will Destroy Pacquiao" ..
88 comments
 Image(s) inside The Real Nike Re Stock In The Next 10 Days
New reply 2 minutes ago - 93 comments - by donmagic901
 NBA Laker Fans Take Pictures With Lakers Cheerleaders (pics)
New reply 12 minutes ago - 177 comments - by Chrisdunk
  Rappers That Never Took Off.
New reply 2 minutes ago - 197 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Video inside Big Sean Makes History Doing Something Jay, Ye, Wayne ...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 71 comments - by PrimeLamboJr.
  Young Roddy X 'route The Ruler' Mixtape Discussion
New reply 4 minutes ago - 53 comments - by PvrpIITrill HTX
 Image(s) inside Just Blaze React's To Jay-z Alleged Extortion Plot
New reply 17 minutes ago - 92 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside Eatab0otygang?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 60 comments - by VSVP
 NFL Raiders Trade Terrelle Pryor To Seahawks
New reply 35 minutes ago - 65 comments - by presto

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,650 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.