Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Ima go there again cuz ya'll know its true...Timbo>>>>>>>Dr. Dre...Bring the debates!

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
91 viewing
Article inside 42 ADMITTED False Flag Attacks  
46 comments
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Video inside SMACK/URL Rookies vs Vets [DISCUSSION THREAD/UPDATES]
608 comments

top in section
16 viewing
Image inside Demi Lovato B1kini pic
top in eyecandy
top in section
15 viewing
 Video inside What is Iggy trying to say Translated
top in hiphop

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Ima go there again cuz ya'll know its true...Timbo>>>>>>>Dr. Dre...Bring the debates!
Unread 08-23-2007, 05:26 PMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #1
1150 pageviews
52 comments

DPGUNIT 1 heat pts space
Let it Begin
space
$10,231 | POWERFUL
ANSWER IT

Im glad folks gave Dilla love in the other thread...but this is a debate between 2 COMMERCIALLY KNOWN producers...and from the opinions i got in the other thread i figured this would be a vaild debate for the majority of boxdenimage

thoughts?

Last edited by DPGUNIT; 08-23-2007 at 06:28 PM..

52 comments for "WHAT MAKES DR. DRE THE GREATEST?? and btw...Timbo>>>>>>>Dr. Dre...Bring the debates!"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 08-23-2007, 05:35 PMJoined Dec 2006 - away - #2
KE3  space
Eh, Eh
space
$838 | 1275302
I agree, Timbo>>>>>>>>>>J Dilla. That is all, wait. Oh yeah, he's way better than Dre also. These Black producers stay doing the same sh*t, and using the same style of samples their whole fu*king careers. Timbo has done it all as far as hits for multiple genres, and came back with different sounds that were copied. And his best stuff doesn't require multiple samples. So, any of these average Black guys don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same category. And that is my opinion, which is fact only to me.
Unread 08-23-2007, 05:37 PMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #3
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts space
Let it Begin
space
$10,231 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KE3
I agree, Timbo>>>>>>>>>>J Dilla. That is all, wait. Oh yeah, he's way better than Dre also. These Black producers stay doing the same sh*t, and using the same style of samples their whole fu*king careers. Timbo has done it all as far as hits for multiple genres, and came back with different sounds that were copied. And his best stuff doesn't require multiple samples. So, any of these average Black guys don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same category. And that is my opinion, which is fact only to me.
i didnt say that...i just wanted to compare 2 more widely known producers since folks said they really havent heard most if Dillas material
Unread 08-23-2007, 05:38 PMJoined May 2006 - away - #4
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m  space
Go Bucs!
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KE3
I guess you haven't dug that deep into Jay Dee's catalog.
Unread 08-23-2007, 05:40 PMJoined May 2006 - away - #5
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m  space
Go Bucs!
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Timbaland has ghost producers too. Two producers who don't do beats with there own mind. Better comparison, but I think I would rather not get into why I don't respect either of them.
Unread 08-23-2007, 05:42 PMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #6
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts space
Let it Begin
space
$10,231 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´
Timbaland has ghost producers too. Two producers who don't do beats with there own mind. Better comparison, but I think I would rather not get into why I don't respect either of them.
speak on it fam i say timbo>>>>Dre cuz when he first came on the scene his style forced everybody to switch they sh*t up....there were basically no fast uptempo beats til Timbo
Unread 08-23-2007, 05:47 PMJoined Dec 2006 - away - #7
KE3  space
Eh, Eh
space
$838 | 1275302
SMH, one Timbo and Danja beat off that Loose or Justin album>>>Dre and Timbo's careers.
Unread 08-23-2007, 05:58 PMJoined May 2006 - away - #8
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m  space
Go Bucs!
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
My only problem with Timbo is the work he gives to all the wack a.ss people he works with. He brought Missy Elliot to us, I will never forgive him for that. Dr. Dre stole G-Funk, he fu*ked up ALOT of death row and aftermath albums and stopped them from coming out aswell. Not to mention He has produced about 40% of his beats by himself.
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:12 PMJoined Jun 2007 - away - #9
Victor $weet  space
Eat Dog!
space
$863 | 9015049
Y'all are hatin' on Dre hardcore nowadays, actin' like he didn't do what he did for rap and sh*t...If it weren't for DJ Premier, he would be the greatest producer rap has ever seen, period.
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:14 PMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #10
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts space
Let it Begin
space
$10,231 | POWERFUL
he has "hits" but for people to label him as the greatest just baffles the fu*k outta me
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:15 PMJoined May 2006 - away - #11
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m  space
Go Bucs!
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Victor $weet
Y'all are hatin' on Dre hardcore nowadays, actin' like he didn't do what he did for rap and sh*t...If it weren't for DJ Premier, he would be the greatest producer rap has ever seen, period.
What did he do?

He stole G-Funk, so give me something HIS brain came up with, that is dope.
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:17 PMJoined May 2006 - away - #12
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m  space
Go Bucs!
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
In Da Club is the best beat I have ever heard...
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:18 PMJoined Apr 2006 - away - #13
Storchaveli 82 heat pts82 space
space
$25,972 | POWERFUL
He stole G-funk

Dre >>>> Timbo >>> Dilla

Fools are just saying Timbo is better cuz Timbo is on fire right now... but Dre has been doing this for over 20 years consistently.
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:19 PMJoined Mar 2007 - on now - #14
timdog 415 heat pts415 space
Hall Of Famer
space
$19,305 | POWERFUL
tim is nowhere near dre
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:20 PMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #15
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts space
Let it Begin
space
$10,231 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Storchaveli
He stole G-funk

Dre >>>> Timbo >>> Dilla

Fools are just saying Timbo is better cuz Timbo is on fire right now... but Dre has been doing this for over 20 years consistently.
Timb is hot right now?if any producer is hot right now its Rotem...nobody still has given a CLEAR answer as to why Dre is labeled the greatest
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:21 PMJoined Jul 2006 - away - #16
hurricanegamePZ 4 heat pts space
yes
space
$4,001 | POWERFUL
yall some IDIOTS if you think timbo is really behind justin timberlakes and timbos recent success.....its all danjahandz..timbo says it himself...read up in "scratch" wit danjahandz and you'll see how much work timbo is really doing on his new sh*t....however.. DANJAHANDZ is GOAT
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:24 PMJoined May 2006 - away - #17
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m  space
Go Bucs!
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Storchaveli
He stole G-funk
Um, you never heard that before?

Cold 187um created G-Funk and Dr. Dre stole it an ran with it. Before you even respond to me, make sure you know who Cold 187um is..

Not to mention the fact Del the Funkee homosapein, Redman, & EPMD were all using funk samples year(s) before Cold 187um even came up with the idea.
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:26 PMJoined Jun 2007 - away - #18
Victor $weet  space
Eat Dog!
space
$863 | 9015049
Originally Posted by `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´
What did he do?
I don't know, other than being a innovator to this whole rap sh*t; changing it's form, pioneering "gangsta rap," being one of the first to put the reality of the streets into the music and at the same time, selling records and making the sh*t commercialized....Oh yeah, and that whole "Chronic" thing...but I guess other than that, he did nothing, and he isn't worth sh*t.....

I think I'd much rather listen to Magoo, Nelly Furtado, Tweet & Missy Elliott anyway...:rolleyes:

Last edited by Victor $weet; 08-23-2007 at 06:27 PM..
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:26 PMJoined Mar 2007 - on now - #19
timdog 415 heat pts415 space
Hall Of Famer
space
$19,305 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DPGUNIT
Timb is hot right now?if any producer is hot right now its Rotem...nobody still has given a CLEAR answer as to why Dre is labeled the greatest
dre's been part of three dynasty;s ruthless deathrow and aftermath thats why he is considere the greatest

dre>>>>>>>>>>>>>ur fav producer
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:28 PMJoined May 2006 - away - #20
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m  space
Go Bucs!
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Victor $weet
I don't know, other than being a innovator to this whole rap sh*t; changing it's form, pioneering "gangsta rap," being one of the first to put the reality of the streets into the music and at the same time, selling records and making the sh*t commercialized....Oh yeah, and that whole "Chronic" thing...but I guess other than that, he did nothing, and he isn't worth sh*t.....
Oh so he pioneered gangsta rap 4 years after Kool G Rap.

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
17 viewing
Image inside what must I say, what must I do.....  
18 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside Who's This 200 lbs PAWG?  
127 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside Mar 26 - Mom traded 11-year-old daughter for sex t..
31 comments
@news
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside Mar 27 - Breaking: Amanda Knox murder conviction o..
59 comments
@news
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Video inside Battlefield Hardlines is fu-king sh-t not worth 40$..
32 comments
@games
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Article inside Report: Immortal Technique Arrested for Alleged R..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside Employed Thot: Keep Your Sons Away From Her "I Don'..
81 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside Kevin Gates says "get that nigga Obama out of office"
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Image inside Leaked pics may reveal LG’s massive new ‘G4 Note’ ..
14 comments
@tech

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time