b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

If you don't think Jay Z is the goat, then you don't know anything about hip hop

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 If you don't think Jay Z is the goat, then you don't know anything about hip hop
 01-10-2013, 04:18 AMaway - #101
NORTE 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,096 | 7349773
krayzie bone is my goat PERIOD!

i dont even see jay z on the radar.
 01-10-2013, 04:25 AMaway - #102
whothebestmc 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$11,759 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NORTE
krayzie bone is my goat PERIOD!

i dont even see jay z on the radar.
you've said that multiple times, why do you keep repeating it? It has the same value as it did the first couple times...
 01-10-2013, 04:45 AMaway - #103
noverum 

d 
space
$1,703 | 16961788
Originally Posted by whothebestmc
he's a master of several "trades" of rap, but lets just say he isn't for arguments sake.

Would you rather be an 8-9/10 in every category or a 10 in one and a 50-90 in the others?
First of all, I disagree with your insinuation that Jay Z is 8-9/10 in every category, but for the sake of argument, and to answer your question - I would rather enjoy the genius of artists who have pushed the boundaries of rap - whether through poetic lyricism, the cadence of a seamless flow or the illustrations of life experiences that inspire and capture the imagination - than laud somebody who is above average in every respect, but excels in no area other than in over-hyping and over-selling his talent.

I have no personal GOAT, but I appreciate the many forms of genius that Hip Hop has been blessed with; Jay Z does not represent any of those forms. Rap is art; marketability, business acumen and perceived social successes should not factor into the equation. As an emcee, Jay Z is well-rounded, but no great.
 01-10-2013, 04:48 AMaway - #104
whothebestmc 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$11,759 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by noverum
First of all, I disagree with your insinuation that Jay Z is 8-9/10 in every category, but for the sake of argument, and to answer your question - I would rather enjoy the genius of artists who have pushed the boundaries of rap - whether through poetic lyricism, the cadence of a seamless flow or the illustrations of life experiences that inspire and capture the imagination - than laud somebody who is above average in every respect, but excels in no area other than in over-hyping and over-selling his talent.

I have no personal GOAT, but I appreciate the many forms of genius that Hip Hop has been blessed with; Jay Z does not represent any of those forms. Rap is art; marketability, business acumen and perceived social successes should not factor into the equation. As an emcee, Jay Z is well-rounded, but no great.
 01-10-2013, 06:19 AMaway - #105
pocketchange 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$5,508 | POWERFUL
STFU, Jay-Z about to start dissing ASAP Rocky because he can't compete. ni##a can't switch flows like ASAP. His beat selection can't compare to ASAP nowadays.

He can't compete rap wise, the only things he can do is remind you ni##as that if you don't #### with him he can make it harder for you to make it in the business -- which immediately make ####s like you start sucking his di#k because his position of power.
 01-10-2013, 06:37 AMaway - #106

d 
space
$5,508 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle
This the same jay z that got that ether? Same jay that eminem took a #### on? Same jay that wouldn't b #### if big never passed? Same jay that needs kanye to stay relevant? Same goat that released kingdom come? #### outta here!! ni##a is garbage!
Man, Jay been walking on a lot of crutches, dudes like AZ made great music, that you can compare to Reasonable Doubt, ni##as act like Jay-Z was the only ni##a making music like.

ni##as still praise Jay because he's still relevant and got more money than most, but musically he can't compete with what's going on today.

If you check Jay closely he has been dissing everything that is trending that he don't have any a$sociation with. He did it with skinny jeans & auto tune, tried to take Wayne out until he saw that he couldn't do it.

Jay is finished and it's only a matter of time, but his decision making is impeccable.

He managed to make the right decisions that was gonna keep him relevant, he knew if he tried to compete and make music like everyone else he'd fall off even faster so he made sure he got his money right so he could go to war.

Man, picture a broke Jay-Z going against Camron, Cam would have ended that ni##a career but Jay know it's only so long a ni##a can talk, what matters most to Jay-Z is the end results. Oh you was talking ####, but where did that get you? He did the same thing to Nas and will continue to do the same.

Lil Wayne caught on.

Last edited by pocketchange; 01-10-2013 at 06:43 AM..
 01-10-2013, 07:00 AMaway - #107
dlettern 4 heat pts

d 
space
$8,834 | POWERFUL
Boxden is funny with their approach to being a fan. Cats on here feel like its their life mission to increase the fan base of their favorite rappers. Clowns....Are you related to homeboy?
 01-10-2013, 07:31 AMonline - #108
AC SLATER 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$32,939 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by noverum

Utter nonsense, wrapped in s3xy vocabulary paper.
 01-10-2013, 08:03 AMaway - #109
DSOM 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$17,984 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dlettern
Boxden is funny with their approach to being a fan. Cats on here feel like its their life mission to increase the fan base of their favorite rappers. Clowns....Are you related to homeboy?
talk about exaggeration.

so i guess your life mission is to do what?

let us know how much it irritates you to read about ppl discussing their fav. hip hop artists in the hip hop section of a forum.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle
This the same jay z that got that ether? Same jay that eminem took a #### on? Same jay that wouldn't b #### if big never passed? Same jay that needs kanye to stay relevant? Same goat that released kingdom come? #### outta here!! ni##a is garbage!
same jay-z that gave Nas, Mobb Deep, and a few others who dont need to be mentioned that TAKEOVER, Same Jay-z who made a great track called Renegade with eminem and then went on tour with that same artist 10 years later, same jay who gets torn down by ni##as saying if this if that lol, same jay who kanye needed to be relevant in the first place lol how soon do ni##as forget, and What the #### is wrong with Kingdom Come?
U ni##as wanna hate so much you dont listen to the albums good. Go back and listen and tell me why KC is so trash minus a couple of songs.
 01-10-2013, 08:08 AMonline - #110
AC SLATER 39 heat pts39

d 
space
$32,939 | POWERFUL
Jay is my fav rapper, and I can comfortably say (without bias), he is by far the most hated legend on Boxden. The disrespect, and outlandish discrediting comments are ####in ridiculous.

Edit. Eminem catches a lot of hate too, but lets face it, the reason boxden hate him is a whole other topic.
 01-10-2013, 08:15 AMaway - #111

d 
space
$5,508 | POWERFUL
Jay y'all favorite rapper? When is the last time this ni##a put out a solo banger?

I'll wait......................
 01-10-2013, 08:31 AMaway - #112
DSOM 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$17,984 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by pocketchange
Jay y'all favorite rapper? When is the last time this ni##a put out a solo banger?

I'll wait......................

go listen to Bp3 and American Gangster his last two solo efforts and take a pick
 01-10-2013, 08:41 AMonline - #113
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts

d 
space
$24,418 | POWERFUL
Yawn...we talk about the same 10 rappers in this section lol
 01-10-2013, 08:56 AMaway - #114
DSOM 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$17,984 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thegoldenhero
Yawn...we talk about the same 10 rappers in this section lol
cause only ten of them are worth talking about
 01-10-2013, 11:36 AMaway - #115
Mr Fujaveli 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$10,442 | POWERFUL
Through 2pac's skill and passion and music he made people feel he is the G.O.A.T.

by jay saying it and the media feeding it to y'all he made people think he one of the G.O.A.T.s

/thread
 01-10-2013, 06:00 PMaway - #116
milan 

d 
space
$593 | 1271379

only he can use that acronym
 01-10-2013, 06:12 PMaway - #117
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 

d 
space
$4,952 | POWERFUL
These type arguments are ridiculous because everyone has their own opinion. Music is so unique in what in evokes in people, the emotions, the memories the life experience.

I love Jay but honestly someone like Joe Budden, Nas, Tupac or even Styles P are better to me just because I relate to their music more. Hov is such a great artist a genius actually but I haven't been able to relate to him and what he raps about on any level in years - 99% of the world cannot and thats the seperation for me.

Last edited by Pr0pa_Sh0rti; 01-10-2013 at 06:15 PM..
 01-13-2013, 12:31 PMaway - #118
uddart 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,648 | 4756494
Originally Posted by whothebestmc
this whole post is just retarded, no offense meant, but what the #### does all that extra #### have to do with anything? You realize he has those murals and statues because he died right? How many statues did he have when he was alive oh yeah..

georgetown has a college course on jay z... this post is just so random Tupac isn't seen as the goat all over the world either, you just sound stupid claiming something like that, there's no undisputed goat anywhere, not to mention rap isn't even listened to by the majority of the ####ing world.

:datstatue: >>>

Sorry but none of that #### mattered at all to the conversation you just said a bunch of random #### and half of it wasn't even true.

jay/nas/big/pac take your pick for goat

he's a master of several "trades" of rap, but lets just say he isn't for arguments sake.

Would you rather be an 8-9/10 in every category or a 10 in one and a 50-90 in the others?
Naah u bugging man but hey everyone to each it's own
 01-13-2013, 12:37 PMaway - #119
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$18,233 | POWERFUL
I think jay-z is the goat because of personal opinion

but he isnt the greatest lyricist although hes up there

he doesnt have the best flow period but he has one of them

and yeah he does have one of the goat rap voices but to say he has the best rap voice is

overall I think he is just the most innovative emcee

Last edited by kiddrocay; 01-13-2013 at 12:54 PM..
 01-13-2013, 12:40 PMaway - #120
bnw99 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$4,981 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by keezy504

The g.o.a.t Bone, hands down.
THE GOaT PERIOD

So, "The Interview" will get a VOD/DVD release, right?? Um......
74 comments
Sony Leak: Denzel Washington Should NOT be given Lead Roles bec..
101 comments
NFL NFL twitter: 8 suitors for Jay Cutler but...
79 comments
 audio inside Waka Flocka Flame Snatches J. Cole’s Beat & Steps ...
New reply 51 seconds ago - 63 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
 Image(s) inside Stacey Dash Says Darien & Dame Dash Disowned Her W...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 138 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Instagram Exposes Mase For Buying Fake Followers
New reply 3 minutes ago - 94 comments - by Frankybaby
  Azealia Banks Calls Out Eminem
New reply 31 minutes ago - 237 comments - by mdemaz
 NFL Bears Bench Cutler; Jimmy Clausen To Start Next Game
New reply 3 minutes ago - 230 comments - by eliwood
 Video inside [exclusive] New Video Of Bobby Shmurda & Gs9 Being...
New reply 42 minutes ago - 233 comments - by sdot216
 Image(s) inside :shmurdasad: Official Smiley Potential?
New reply 14 minutes ago - 80 comments - by SlimDunkin
  Meek Mill Comments On Bobby Shmurda's Arrest
New reply 53 minutes ago - 157 comments - by A.Dot789

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,900 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,849 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.