Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

If you don't think Jay Z is the goat, then you don't know anything about hip hop

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
78 viewing
 Video inside South Side Crips killed PAC for Diddy & Poochie Killed Biggie For Suge ?
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
60 viewing
Video inside UFO Miami Airport Florida September 01, 2015
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
57 viewing
 Image inside Suge would have never allowed this, look at ya boy Tyga!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 viewing
 Sep 2 - 10 Worst Places To Live In America
79 comments
@news
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 If you don't think Jay Z is the goat, then you don't know anything about hip hop
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - on now - #101
whothebestmc 64 heat pts64 space
space
$13,894 | POWERFUL
NORTE said:
krayzie bone is my goat PERIOD!

i dont even see jay z on the radar.
you've said that multiple times, why do you keep repeating it? It has the same value as it did the first couple times...
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #102
noverum  space
Variable Illusion
space
$2,063 | 19316599
whothebestmc said:
he's a master of several "trades" of rap, but lets just say he isn't for arguments sake.

Would you rather be an 8-9/10 in every category or a 10 in one and a 50-90 in the others?
First of all, I disagree with your insinuation that Jay Z is 8-9/10 in every category, but for the sake of argument, and to answer your question - I would rather enjoy the genius of artists who have pushed the boundaries of rap - whether through poetic lyricism, the cadence of a seamless flow or the illustrations of life experiences that inspire and capture the imagination - than laud somebody who is above average in every respect, but excels in no area other than in over-hyping and over-selling his talent.

I have no personal GOAT, but I appreciate the many forms of genius that Hip Hop has been blessed with; Jay Z does not represent any of those forms. Rap is art; marketability, business acumen and perceived social successes should not factor into the equation. As an emcee, Jay Z is well-rounded, but no great.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - on now - #103
whothebestmc 64 heat pts64 space
space
$13,894 | POWERFUL
noverum said:
First of all, I disagree with your insinuation that Jay Z is 8-9/10 in every category, but for the sake of argument, and to answer your question - I would rather enjoy the genius of artists who have pushed the boundaries of rap - whether through poetic lyricism, the cadence of a seamless flow or the illustrations of life experiences that inspire and capture the imagination - than laud somebody who is above average in every respect, but excels in no area other than in over-hyping and over-selling his talent.

I have no personal GOAT, but I appreciate the many forms of genius that Hip Hop has been blessed with; Jay Z does not represent any of those forms. Rap is art; marketability, business acumen and perceived social successes should not factor into the equation. As an emcee, Jay Z is well-rounded, but no great.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #104
pocketchange 41 heat pts41 space
space
$6,612 | POWERFUL
STFU, Jay-Z about to start dissing ASAP Rocky because he can't compete. n*gga can't switch flows like ASAP. His beat selection can't compare to ASAP nowadays.

He can't compete rap wise, the only things he can do is remind you n*ggas that if you don't fu*k with him he can make it harder for you to make it in the business -- which immediately make f*ggots like you start sucking his d!ck because his position of power.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #105
space
$6,612 | POWERFUL
Billy Hoyle said:
This the same jay z that got that ether? Same jay that eminem took a sh*t on? Same jay that wouldn't b sh*t if big never passed? Same jay that needs kanye to stay relevant? Same goat that released kingdom come? fu*k outta here!! n*gga is garbage!
Man, Jay been walking on a lot of crutches, dudes like AZ made great music, that you can compare to Reasonable Doubt, n*ggas act like Jay-Z was the only n*gga making music like.

n*ggas still praise Jay because he's still relevant and got more money than most, but musically he can't compete with what's going on today.

If you check Jay closely he has been dissing everything that is trending that he don't have any a.ssociation with. He did it with skinny jeans & auto tune, tried to take Wayne out until he saw that he couldn't do it.

Jay is finished and it's only a matter of time, but his decision making is impeccable.

He managed to make the right decisions that was gonna keep him relevant, he knew if he tried to compete and make music like everyone else he'd fall off even faster so he made sure he got his money right so he could go to war.

Man, picture a broke Jay-Z going against Camron, Cam would have ended that n*gga career but Jay know it's only so long a n*gga can talk, what matters most to Jay-Z is the end results. Oh you was talking sh*t, but where did that get you? He did the same thing to Nas and will continue to do the same.

Lil Wayne caught on.

Last edited by pocketchange; 01-10-2013 at 05:43 AM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #106
dlettern 4 heat pts space
space
$8,834 | POWERFUL
Boxden is funny with their approach to being a fan. Cats on here feel like its their life mission to increase the fan base of their favorite rappers. Clowns....Are you related to homeboy?
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - on now - #107
AC SLATER 53 heat pts53 space
Fly Guy Etiquette
space
$38,442 | POWERFUL
noverum said:

Utter nonsense, wrapped in s3xy vocabulary paper.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #108
DSOM 37 heat pts37 space
DetroitStateOfMind
space
$18,093 | POWERFUL
dlettern said:
Boxden is funny with their approach to being a fan. Cats on here feel like its their life mission to increase the fan base of their favorite rappers. Clowns....Are you related to homeboy?
talk about exaggeration.

so i guess your life mission is to do what?

let us know how much it irritates you to read about ppl discussing their fav. hip hop artists in the hip hop section of a forum.

Billy Hoyle said:
This the same jay z that got that ether? Same jay that eminem took a sh*t on? Same jay that wouldn't b sh*t if big never passed? Same jay that needs kanye to stay relevant? Same goat that released kingdom come? fu*k outta here!! n*gga is garbage!
same jay-z that gave Nas, Mobb Deep, and a few others who dont need to be mentioned that TAKEOVER, Same Jay-z who made a great track called Renegade with eminem and then went on tour with that same artist 10 years later, same jay who gets torn down by n*ggas saying if this if that lol, same jay who kanye needed to be relevant in the first place lol how soon do n*ggas forget, and What the fu*k is wrong with Kingdom Come?
U n*ggas wanna hate so much you dont listen to the albums good. Go back and listen and tell me why KC is so trash minus a couple of songs.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - on now - #109
AC SLATER 53 heat pts53 space
Fly Guy Etiquette
space
$38,442 | POWERFUL
Jay is my fav rapper, and I can comfortably say (without bias), he is by far the most hated legend on Boxden. The disrespect, and outlandish discrediting comments are fu*kin ridiculous.

Edit. Eminem catches a lot of hate too, but lets face it, the reason boxden hate him is a whole other topic.
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #110
space
$6,612 | POWERFUL
Jay y'all favorite rapper? When is the last time this n*gga put out a solo banger?

I'll wait......................
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #111
DSOM 37 heat pts37 space
DetroitStateOfMind
space
$18,093 | POWERFUL
pocketchange said:
Jay y'all favorite rapper? When is the last time this n*gga put out a solo banger?

I'll wait......................

go listen to Bp3 and American Gangster his last two solo efforts and take a pick
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #112
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts space
space
$26,373 | POWERFUL
Yawn...we talk about the same 10 rappers in this section lol
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #113
DSOM 37 heat pts37 space
DetroitStateOfMind
space
$18,093 | POWERFUL
thegoldenhero said:
Yawn...we talk about the same 10 rappers in this section lol
cause only ten of them are worth talking about
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #114
Mr Fujaveli 23 heat pts23 space
space
$14,475 | POWERFUL
Through 2pac's skill and passion and music he made people feel he is the G.O.A.T.

by jay saying it and the media feeding it to y'all he made people think he one of the G.O.A.T.s

/thread
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #115
milan  space
Soccer + NBA
space
$645 | 1481390

[pic - click to view]

only he can use that acronym
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #116
Pr0pa_Sh0rti  space
Can I Live?
space
$4,985 | POWERFUL
These type arguments are ridiculous because everyone has their own opinion. Music is so unique in what in evokes in people, the emotions, the memories the life experience.

I love Jay but honestly someone like Joe Budden, Nas, Tupac or even Styles P are better to me just because I relate to their music more. Hov is such a great artist a genius actually but I haven't been able to relate to him and what he raps about on any level in years - 99% of the world cannot and thats the seperation for me.

Last edited by Pr0pa_Sh0rti; 01-10-2013 at 05:15 PM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #117
uddart 1 heat pts space
space
$1,662 | 4756495
whothebestmc said:
this whole post is just retarded, no offense meant, but what the fu*k does all that extra sh*t have to do with anything? You realize he has those murals and statues because he died right? How many statues did he have when he was alive oh yeah..

georgetown has a college course on jay z... this post is just so random Tupac isn't seen as the goat all over the world either, you just sound stupid claiming something like that, there's no undisputed goat anywhere, not to mention rap isn't even listened to by the majority of the fu*king world.

[pic - click to view]

:datstatue: >>>

Sorry but none of that sh*t mattered at all to the conversation you just said a bunch of random sh*t and half of it wasn't even true.

jay/nas/big/pac take your pick for goat

he's a master of several "trades" of rap, but lets just say he isn't for arguments sake.

Would you rather be an 8-9/10 in every category or a 10 in one and a 50-90 in the others?
Naah u bugging man but hey everyone to each it's own
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #118
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25 space
fu*k Lupe, Boycott Lupe
space
$18,242 | POWERFUL
I think jay-z is the goat because of personal opinion

but he isnt the greatest lyricist although hes up there

he doesnt have the best flow period but he has one of them

and yeah he does have one of the goat rap voices but to say he has the best rap voice is

overall I think he is just the most innovative emcee

Last edited by kiddrocay; 01-13-2013 at 11:54 AM..
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #119
bnw99 12 heat pts12 space
Ajiuo Enob
space
$5,047 | POWERFUL
keezy504 said:

[pic - click to view]

The g.o.a.t Bone, hands down.
THE GOaT PERIOD
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #120
NORTE 7 heat pts space
SCREWSTON
space
$2,597 | 10888310

[video - click to view]

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
16 viewing
Video inside Ex-Couple sit down for an honest face-to-face talk 2 years after their ..
88 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Video inside 18-Year-Old Victim Kicked By Rapper Kevin Gates Shares Frightening Orde..
227 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside 30 Most Anticipated Films of the 2015-2016 Oscar Season, Is It Finally..
42 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside Returning In 2016
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
10 viewing
NBA Lebron James Being Delusional Again....Says Championships Required To Be A..
81 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Netflix: Movies and TV Shows Coming in September 2015
54 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Article inside FORBES:"Hy!ŁUN35 won’t get a release date until he has a single worth..
222 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Aug 31 - Rise of the bizarre 'cannabis vomiting syndrome
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time