Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

If you don't think Jay Z is the goat, then you don't know anything about hip hop

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
81 viewing
Image inside The REAL Amber Rose  
107 comments
most viewed right now
81 viewing
 Image inside short N thick!!!  
16 comments

top in section
43 viewing
 Image inside Your Life In Weeks
top in wild'ish
top in section
25 viewing
 Video inside Battlefield Hardlines is fu-king sh-t not worth 40$: A..
top in games

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Ľ Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 If you don't think Jay Z is the goat, then you don't know anything about hip hop
Unread 01-10-2013, 03:18 AMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #101
NORTE 6 heat pts space
avatar space
SCREWSTON
space
$2,281 | 8904404
krayzie bone is my goat PERIOD!

i dont even see jay z on the radar.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 03:25 AMJoined Sep 2011 - away - #102
whothebestmc 57 heat pts57 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$12,153 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NORTE
krayzie bone is my goat PERIOD!

i dont even see jay z on the radar.
you've said that multiple times, why do you keep repeating it? It has the same value as it did the first couple times...
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 03:45 AMJoined Jan 2012 - away - #103
noverum  space
avatar space
Variable Illusion
space
$1,805 | 17272983
Originally Posted by whothebestmc
he's a master of several "trades" of rap, but lets just say he isn't for arguments sake.

Would you rather be an 8-9/10 in every category or a 10 in one and a 50-90 in the others?
First of all, I disagree with your insinuation that Jay Z is 8-9/10 in every category, but for the sake of argument, and to answer your question - I would rather enjoy the genius of artists who have pushed the boundaries of rap - whether through poetic lyricism, the cadence of a seamless flow or the illustrations of life experiences that inspire and capture the imagination - than laud somebody who is above average in every respect, but excels in no area other than in over-hyping and over-selling his talent.

I have no personal GOAT, but I appreciate the many forms of genius that Hip Hop has been blessed with; Jay Z does not represent any of those forms. Rap is art; marketability, business acumen and perceived social successes should not factor into the equation. As an emcee, Jay Z is well-rounded, but no great.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 03:48 AMJoined Sep 2011 - away - #104
whothebestmc 57 heat pts57 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$12,153 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by noverum
First of all, I disagree with your insinuation that Jay Z is 8-9/10 in every category, but for the sake of argument, and to answer your question - I would rather enjoy the genius of artists who have pushed the boundaries of rap - whether through poetic lyricism, the cadence of a seamless flow or the illustrations of life experiences that inspire and capture the imagination - than laud somebody who is above average in every respect, but excels in no area other than in over-hyping and over-selling his talent.

I have no personal GOAT, but I appreciate the many forms of genius that Hip Hop has been blessed with; Jay Z does not represent any of those forms. Rap is art; marketability, business acumen and perceived social successes should not factor into the equation. As an emcee, Jay Z is well-rounded, but no great.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:19 AMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #105
pocketchange 36 heat pts36 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$5,873 | POWERFUL
STFU, Jay-Z about to start dissing ASAP Rocky because he can't compete. n*gga can't switch flows like ASAP. His beat selection can't compare to ASAP nowadays.


He can't compete rap wise, the only things he can do is remind you n*ggas that if you don't fu*k with him he can make it harder for you to make it in the business -- which immediately make f*ggots like you start sucking his d!ck because his position of power.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:37 AMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #106
pocketchange 36 heat pts36 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$5,873 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle
This the same jay z that got that ether? Same jay that eminem took a sh*t on? Same jay that wouldn't b sh*t if big never passed? Same jay that needs kanye to stay relevant? Same goat that released kingdom come? fu*k outta here!! n*gga is garbage!
Man, Jay been walking on a lot of crutches, dudes like AZ made great music, that you can compare to Reasonable Doubt, n*ggas act like Jay-Z was the only n*gga making music like.

n*ggas still praise Jay because he's still relevant and got more money than most, but musically he can't compete with what's going on today.

If you check Jay closely he has been dissing everything that is trending that he don't have any a.ssociation with. He did it with skinny jeans & auto tune, tried to take Wayne out until he saw that he couldn't do it.


Jay is finished and it's only a matter of time, but his decision making is impeccable.

He managed to make the right decisions that was gonna keep him relevant, he knew if he tried to compete and make music like everyone else he'd fall off even faster so he made sure he got his money right so he could go to war.


Man, picture a broke Jay-Z going against Camron, Cam would have ended that n*gga career but Jay know it's only so long a n*gga can talk, what matters most to Jay-Z is the end results. Oh you was talking sh*t, but where did that get you? He did the same thing to Nas and will continue to do the same.

Lil Wayne caught on.

Last edited by pocketchange; 01-10-2013 at 05:43 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:00 AMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #107
dlettern 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Registered User
space
$8,834 | POWERFUL
Boxden is funny with their approach to being a fan. Cats on here feel like its their life mission to increase the fan base of their favorite rappers. Clowns....Are you related to homeboy?
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:31 AMJoined Nov 2009 - away - #108
AC SLATER 45 heat pts45 space
avatar space
Sup guhl...?
space
$35,526 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by noverum
First of all, I disagree with your insinuation that Jay Z is 8-9/10 in every category, but for the sake of argument, and to answer your question - I would rather enjoy the genius of artists who have pushed the boundaries of rap - whether through poetic lyricism, the cadence of a seamless flow or the illustrations of life experiences that inspire and capture the imagination - than laud somebody who is above average in every respect, but excels in no area other than in over-hyping and over-selling his talent.

I have no personal GOAT, but I appreciate the many forms of genius that Hip Hop has been blessed with; Jay Z does not represent any of those forms. Rap is art; marketability, business acumen and perceived social successes should not factor into the equation. As an emcee, Jay Z is well-rounded, but no great.
Utter nonsense, wrapped in s3xy vocabulary paper.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:03 AMJoined May 2004 - away - #109
DSOM 37 heat pts37 space
avatar space
DetroitStateOfMind
space
$18,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dlettern
Boxden is funny with their approach to being a fan. Cats on here feel like its their life mission to increase the fan base of their favorite rappers. Clowns....Are you related to homeboy?
talk about exaggeration.

so i guess your life mission is to do what?

let us know how much it irritates you to read about ppl discussing their fav. hip hop artists in the hip hop section of a forum.



Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle
This the same jay z that got that ether? Same jay that eminem took a sh*t on? Same jay that wouldn't b sh*t if big never passed? Same jay that needs kanye to stay relevant? Same goat that released kingdom come? fu*k outta here!! n*gga is garbage!
same jay-z that gave Nas, Mobb Deep, and a few others who dont need to be mentioned that TAKEOVER, Same Jay-z who made a great track called Renegade with eminem and then went on tour with that same artist 10 years later, same jay who gets torn down by n*ggas saying if this if that lol, same jay who kanye needed to be relevant in the first place lol how soon do n*ggas forget, and What the fu*k is wrong with Kingdom Come?
U n*ggas wanna hate so much you dont listen to the albums good. Go back and listen and tell me why KC is so trash minus a couple of songs.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:08 AMJoined Nov 2009 - away - #110
AC SLATER 45 heat pts45 space
avatar space
Sup guhl...?
space
$35,526 | POWERFUL
Jay is my fav rapper, and I can comfortably say (without bias), he is by far the most hated legend on Boxden. The disrespect, and outlandish discrediting comments are fu*kin ridiculous.

Edit. Eminem catches a lot of hate too, but lets face it, the reason boxden hate him is a whole other topic.
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:15 AMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #111
pocketchange 36 heat pts36 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$5,873 | POWERFUL
Jay y'all favorite rapper? When is the last time this n*gga put out a solo banger?







I'll wait......................
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:31 AMJoined May 2004 - away - #112
DSOM 37 heat pts37 space
avatar space
DetroitStateOfMind
space
$18,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by pocketchange
Jay y'all favorite rapper? When is the last time this n*gga put out a solo banger?







I'll wait......................


go listen to Bp3 and American Gangster his last two solo efforts and take a pick
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:41 AMJoined Oct 2009 - away - #113
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$24,959 | POWERFUL
Yawn...we talk about the same 10 rappers in this section lol
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:56 AMJoined May 2004 - away - #114
DSOM 37 heat pts37 space
avatar space
DetroitStateOfMind
space
$18,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thegoldenhero
Yawn...we talk about the same 10 rappers in this section lol
cause only ten of them are worth talking about
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:36 AMJoined Nov 2012 - on now - #115
Mr Fujaveli 17 heat pts17 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$11,970 | POWERFUL
Through 2pac's skill and passion and music he made people feel he is the G.O.A.T.

by jay saying it and the media feeding it to y'all he made people think he one of the G.O.A.T.s

/thread
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:00 PMJoined Dec 2004 - away - #116
milan  space
avatar space
Soccer + NBA
space
$616 | 1376381



only he can use that acronym
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:12 PMJoined Mar 2007 - away - #117
Pr0pa_Sh0rti  space
avatar space
Can I Live?
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
These type arguments are ridiculous because everyone has their own opinion. Music is so unique in what in evokes in people, the emotions, the memories the life experience.

I love Jay but honestly someone like Joe Budden, Nas, Tupac or even Styles P are better to me just because I relate to their music more. Hov is such a great artist a genius actually but I haven't been able to relate to him and what he raps about on any level in years - 99% of the world cannot and thats the seperation for me.

Last edited by Pr0pa_Sh0rti; 01-10-2013 at 05:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 11:31 AMJoined Oct 2010 - on now - #118
uddart 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,651 | 4756495
Originally Posted by whothebestmc
this whole post is just retarded, no offense meant, but what the fu*k does all that extra sh*t have to do with anything? You realize he has those murals and statues because he died right? How many statues did he have when he was alive oh yeah..

georgetown has a college course on jay z... this post is just so random Tupac isn't seen as the goat all over the world either, you just sound stupid claiming something like that, there's no undisputed goat anywhere, not to mention rap isn't even listened to by the majority of the fu*king world.




:datstatue: >>>

Sorry but none of that sh*t mattered at all to the conversation you just said a bunch of random sh*t and half of it wasn't even true.

jay/nas/big/pac take your pick for goat



he's a master of several "trades" of rap, but lets just say he isn't for arguments sake.

Would you rather be an 8-9/10 in every category or a 10 in one and a 50-90 in the others?
Naah u bugging man but hey everyone to each it's own
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 11:37 AMJoined Oct 2010 - away - #119
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25 space
avatar space
fu*k Lupe, Boycott Lupe
space
$18,233 | POWERFUL
I think jay-z is the goat because of personal opinion

but he isnt the greatest lyricist although hes up there

he doesnt have the best flow period but he has one of them

and yeah he does have one of the goat rap voices but to say he has the best rap voice is

overall I think he is just the most innovative emcee

Last edited by kiddrocay; 01-13-2013 at 11:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 11:40 AMJoined Feb 2004 - away - #120
bnw99 12 heat pts12 space
avatar space
Ajiuo Enob
space
$5,018 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by keezy504



The g.o.a.t Bone, hands down.
THE GOaT PERIOD
Reply With Quote
 

Home > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
37 viewing
15 Rappers Who Never Dropped A Classic Album by Hiphopwired
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
34 viewing
Video inside Donít heckle Lil Wayne at his concert! dude gets ro..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
34 viewing
NBA Blake Griffin gonna make Austin Rivers cry in the car ..
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
29 viewing
Article inside 33 Strange Facts About America That Most American..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Video inside Ludacris at The Breakfast Club: Issue w/ Drake, Fas..
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Video inside Mar 27 - USPS driver throws packages on porch, runs..
24 comments
@news
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Image inside R.I.P OTF Chino  
222 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
19 viewing
Taraji P. Henson and her son are full of sh-t
123 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Video inside Ultra Music Festival 2015 Live Stream  
153 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time