b o x d e n     |     hiphop     sports     wild'ish     games     movies     news     eyecandy     tech     gear     rides  
trending now     hot topics today     all sections     videos     pics     tracks     headlines  


If you don't think Jay Z is the goat, then you don't know anything about hip hop

 If you don't think Jay Z is the goat, then you don't know anything about hip hop
 01-09-2013, 01:30 PMaway - #81
Radio Raheem 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$4,947 | 20096610
Originally Posted by keezy504
Az ? A ####ing Z lol. NaS is way better than Az, so picture Jay.
you just lookin like a jay z stan and after this ni##az not gon take your jay z opinions serious
 01-09-2013, 01:43 PMaway - #82
keezy504 10 heat pts10

  d 
space
$2,063 | 10993000
Originally Posted by revinue2244
you just lookin like a jay z stan and after this ni##az not gon take your jay z opinions serious
Come on man Az, i can see NaS, Em, LL in his prime, Big Pac, Ra but A ####ing z?
 01-09-2013, 02:44 PMaway - #83
Mr Fujaveli 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$10,170 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Eskaey
Jay's the best hip-hop ARTIST. Overall that is. He may not be the absolute best in some categories like lyricism, content etc. Lets say theres like 10 different criterias to rank a hip-hop artist in and the higher position you have in each individual criteria the more points you recieve. Jay will be no.1 in atleast 5 of those criterias and top5 in the other five.

Theres no artist doing that. There might have been some capable of it like pac, big, scarface, 3stacks but the longevity and consistensy of Hov outshines every other hip hop artist.

Now shut the #### up.

/thread.
I hate when people bring up longevity like you hanging out with these rappers...I understand it when we talking bout BIG or Pun cause they got 2 albums each and shouldnt be in any G.O.A.T. convos but how is Jay better than Pac in the longevity category when Pac got prob more material then dude...who cares if his ugly a$s rapped longer if Pac still dropping ####??? We don't get to chill in the studio with them we just get there music....and as far as solo albums go I got Pac with 13(Still I Rise and Thug Life are pretty much Pac albums, and the last 2 although garbage are still Pac albums(mixed garbage, lyrics and content obviously on point)) and the camel with 11....so k!ll the longevity ####

Pac the greatest to ever live...and when we all die it will still be that way
 01-09-2013, 03:00 PMaway - #84
Radio Raheem 14 heat pts14

  d 
space
$4,947 | 20096610
Originally Posted by keezy504
Come on man Az, i can see NaS, Em, LL in his prime, Big Pac, Ra but A ####ing z?
im not talkin bout that you talkin bout if you dont think jay z isnt the goat we dont know hip hop like your opinion speak for everybody you just sounding like a die hard jay z stan
 01-09-2013, 03:09 PMaway - #85
Vos 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$896 | 3080340
Originally Posted by Mr Fujaveli
I hate when people bring up longevity like you hanging out with these rappers...I understand it when we talking bout BIG or Pun cause they got 2 albums each and shouldnt be in any G.O.A.T. convos but how is Jay better than Pac in the longevity category when Pac got prob more material then dude...who cares if his ugly a$s rapped longer if Pac still dropping ####??? We don't get to chill in the studio with them we just get there music....and as far as solo albums go I got Pac with 13(Still I Rise and Thug Life are pretty much Pac albums, and the last 2 although garbage are still Pac albums(mixed garbage, lyrics and content obviously on point)) and the camel with 11....so k!ll the longevity ####

Pac the greatest to ever live...and when we all die it will still be that way
When people comment on Jay's longevity, they mean he's been in the game for 15+ years and he's STILL dropping quality music. Sure, Blueprint 3 was mediocre but Watch the Throne was great and he's still putting out great verses (Free Mason, Shiny Suit Theory, Mr Nice Watch, Light Up etc)...

I can understand if someone doesn't think Jay is THE best but he's DEFINITELY among the best...to deny that is ludicrous.
 01-09-2013, 03:16 PMaway - #86
Mr Fujaveli 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$10,170 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Vos
When people comment on Jay's longevity, they mean he's been in the game for 15+ years and he's STILL dropping quality music. Sure, Blueprint 3 was mediocre but Watch the Throne was great and he's still putting out great verses (Free Mason, Shiny Suit Theory, Mr Nice Watch, Light Up etc)...

I can understand if someone doesn't think Jay is THE best but he's DEFINITELY among the best...to deny that is ludicrous.

So are Nas and Scarface and they make much better music...Scarface been rapping since the eighties and I know you ain't say nothing bout them but a lot of people act like jay the on;y rapper that been doing it for a while
 01-09-2013, 03:24 PMaway - #87
Kreemy 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,377 | 12643098
Originally Posted by MonStar Music
jay z is overrated garbage imo, boring flow, boring delivery, boring voice. Lyrics are average nothing special
glad to hear you recently got into hip hop in 2009, might wanna work your way back to the classics
 01-09-2013, 03:34 PMaway - #88
Vos 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$896 | 3080340
Originally Posted by Mr Fujaveli
So are Nas and Scarface and they make much better music...Scarface been rapping since the eighties and I know you ain't say nothing bout them but a lot of people act like jay the on;y rapper that been doing it for a while
Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with Scarface's music but Nas and Jay are very neck and neck to me...I don't think anybody can really say one is 'much better' than the other.

Both have around 3 or 4 classics, some good/great albums and some mediocre ones...
 01-09-2013, 03:47 PMaway - #89
NORTE 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,057 | 7034766
i welcome opinions stated and acknowleged as opinions, when they are stated as facts and are attacking......i attack back. boom! lol
 01-09-2013, 03:50 PMaway - #90
Root Of Evil 52 heat pts52

  d 
space
$11,363 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Vos
Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with Scarface's music but Nas and Jay are very neck and neck to me...I don't think anybody can really say one is 'much better' than the other.

Both have around 3 or 4 classics, some good/great albums and some mediocre ones...
mr fujaveli said he doesn't consider any of jay-z's albums to be classic

why bother talking to this guy

 01-09-2013, 04:57 PMaway - #91
ThePainkiller 302 heat pts302

  d 
space
$54,551 | POWERFUL
How much of his stuff is written?

If you take away the flashy production, what do those lyrics sound like?

No charisma.

Boring rapper.

Flow is meh.

Not even top 10.
 01-09-2013, 05:09 PMaway - #92
Kreemy 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,377 | 12643098
Originally Posted by ThePainkiller
How much of his stuff is written?

If you take away the flashy production, what do those lyrics sound like?

No charisma.

Boring rapper.

Flow is meh.

Not even top 10.
He goes into the studio with his verses memorized so almost none.

Inspired by Basquiat, my chariot's on fire
Everybody took shots, hit my body up, I'm tired
Build me up, break me down to build me up again
They like "Hov we need you back so we can k!ll your a$s again"
Hov got flow though he's no Big and Pac, but he's close
How I'm 'posed to win? They got me f!ghting ghosts
Most kings get their heads cut off
With the same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
####, that's only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, see Malcolm
See Biggie, see Pac
See success and its outcome
See Jesus, see Judas
See Caesar, see Brutus
See success is like $uicide
$uicide, it's a $uicide
When you succeed, prepare to be crucified
Media meddles, ni##as sue you, you settle
Every step you take, they remind you you ghetto
So it's tough being Bobby Brown
To be Bobby then, you gotta be Bobby now
Now the question is, "Is to have had and lost
Better than not having at all?"
pretty great if you ask me

Word?




You don't say?




Some of us disagree




I'm open for more questions
 01-09-2013, 05:22 PMaway - #93
uddart 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,647 | 4756494
Originally Posted by Kreemy
He goes into the studio with his verses memorized so almost none.



pretty great if you ask me

Word?


You don't say?


Some of us disagree


I'm open for more questions
Naming 2pac in most of his songs should be the winning arguement of this easy debate.



The GOAT 2pac stays winning
 01-09-2013, 05:27 PMaway - #94
Eskaey 36 heat pts36

  d 
space
$384 | 17709676
Originally Posted by Mr Fujaveli
I hate when people bring up longevity like you hanging out with these rappers...I understand it when we talking bout BIG or Pun cause they got 2 albums each and shouldnt be in any G.O.A.T. convos but how is Jay better than Pac in the longevity category when Pac got prob more material then dude...who cares if his ugly a$s rapped longer if Pac still dropping ####??? We don't get to chill in the studio with them we just get there music....and as far as solo albums go I got Pac with 13(Still I Rise and Thug Life are pretty much Pac albums, and the last 2 although garbage are still Pac albums(mixed garbage, lyrics and content obviously on point)) and the camel with 11....so k!ll the longevity ####

Pac the greatest to ever live...and when we all die it will still be that way
Pac aint got no 13 albums. If people mix your album after your dead without you having any say its just material put together opposed to the artist himself masterminding tweaking and promoting it himself, thats a part of the artistry. But yeah what logevity tells you is that your not a fluke, like your skill is timeless and stands the test of time. Jay can keep making album til he die, his popularity will shrink but he will never be wack. People dont understand what it takes for an artist to keep reinventing yourself and producing quality music year after year, most artist have like 2-3 albums in them and none of them probably will be classic. After that they fall of mentally, their focus disapears..

If someone says youre a crackhead for 17 years chances are you are smoking crack.

Pac is the GOAT of real lyrics and emotion and charisma.
BIG the GOAT flower
Nas GOAT content wise
Eminem GOAT syllable rapper
Etcetc but jay is top tier in all of these criterias. Lets run thru some
GOAT HIP HOP LIVE PERFORMER
GOAT LONGEVITY
GOAT NO1 albums
Top5 sales
Top10 lyricist
Top5 flower
Top5 delivery
Top10 content
Goat rapper businesman
Top5 catalogue

If the most important thing to you is lyrics somebody else will be goat for you ofcourse, im talking who are going to be mentioned as the most complete rapper human being in 100 years? Jay. He did it. He haf the same dream everybody in the hood have when they at rock bottom and ####ed up and he is the one who fulfilled those dreams all ####ing out.

Last edited by Eskaey; 01-09-2013 at 05:41 PM..
 01-09-2013, 05:27 PMaway - #95
ThePainkiller 302 heat pts302

  d 
space
$54,551 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Kreemy
He goes into the studio with his verses memorized so almost none.



pretty great if you ask me

Word?


You don't say?


Some of us disagree


I'm open for more questions
What I am asking is, how much of his content is his and not Biggies?
 01-09-2013, 05:33 PMaway - #96
Kreemy 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,377 | 12643098
Originally Posted by uddart
Naming 2pac in most of his songs should be the winning arguement of this easy debate.



The GOAT 2pac stays winning
2Pac is his favorite emcee, but he thinks Jay-Z is the GOAT. If anything that just supports my argument even more considering he's not biased towards his music.

Originally Posted by ThePainkiller
What I am asking is, how much of his content is his and not Biggies?
Considering he has 11 solo albums, 5 collaboration albums, countless features, etc. I'd say upward to 98%
 01-10-2013, 02:53 AMaway - #97
uddart 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,647 | 4756494
Originally Posted by Kreemy
2Pac is his favorite emcee, but he thinks Jay-Z is the GOAT. If anything that just supports my argument even more considering he's not biased towards his music.


Considering he has 11 solo albums, 5 collaboration albums, countless features, etc. I'd say upward to 98%
It would be kind hypocrit of him to say that when he have said the same thing about pac and mention him all the time. Im just sayin
 01-10-2013, 02:55 AMaway - #98
uddart 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,647 | 4756494
Originally Posted by Eskaey
Pac aint got no 13 albums. If people mix your album after your dead without you having any say its just material put together opposed to the artist himself masterminding tweaking and promoting it himself, thats a part of the artistry. But yeah what logevity tells you is that your not a fluke, like your skill is timeless and stands the test of time. Jay can keep making album til he die, his popularity will shrink but he will never be wack. People dont understand what it takes for an artist to keep reinventing yourself and producing quality music year after year, most artist have like 2-3 albums in them and none of them probably will be classic. After that they fall of mentally, their focus disapears..

If someone says youre a crackhead for 17 years chances are you are smoking crack.

Pac is the GOAT of real lyrics and emotion and charisma.
BIG the GOAT flower
Nas GOAT content wise
Eminem GOAT syllable rapper
Etcetc but jay is top tier in all of these criterias. Lets run thru some
GOAT HIP HOP LIVE PERFORMER
GOAT LONGEVITY
GOAT NO1 albums
Top5 sales
Top10 lyricist
Top5 flower
Top5 delivery
Top10 content
Goat rapper businesman
Top5 catalogue

If the most important thing to you is lyrics somebody else will be goat for you ofcourse, im talking who are going to be mentioned as the most complete rapper human being in 100 years? Jay. He did it. He haf the same dream everybody in the hood have when they at rock bottom and ####ed up and he is the one who fulfilled those dreams all ####ing out.
Yeah it's unfair to compare jay's album with 2pacs since 2pac didnt live that long. So if u compare 2pacs career with Jay's first 6. Even then 2pac got the upper edge towards Jay. Jay-z got no statues, Jay-z got no wax statues, Jay-z got no universitet courses, Jay-z is not seen as the GOAT all over the world. Only on this forum, the world have acknowledged 2Pac. Go look it up if you dont believe me, it can be hard to swallow the truth sometimes.
 01-10-2013, 03:09 AMaway - #99
Nasty Neighbor 121 heat pts121

  d 
space
$17,335 | POWERFUL
why the #### is this an argument? you ni##as taking this thread seriously?
 01-10-2013, 04:03 AMaway - #100
whothebestmc 54 heat pts54

  d 
space
$11,717 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by uddart
Yeah it's unfair to compare jay's album with 2pacs since 2pac didnt live that long. So if u compare 2pacs career with Jay's first 6. Even then 2pac got the upper edge towards Jay. Jay-z got no statues, Jay-z got no wax statues, Jay-z got no universitet courses, Jay-z is not seen as the GOAT all over the world. Only on this forum, the world have acknowledged 2Pac. Go look it up if you dont believe me, it can be hard to swallow the truth sometimes.
this whole post is just retarded, no offense meant, but what the #### does all that extra #### have to do with anything? You realize he has those murals and statues because he died right? How many statues did he have when he was alive oh yeah..

georgetown has a college course on jay z... this post is just so random Tupac isn't seen as the goat all over the world either, you just sound stupid claiming something like that, there's no undisputed goat anywhere, not to mention rap isn't even listened to by the majority of the ####ing world.



:datstatue: >>>

Sorry but none of that #### mattered at all to the conversation you just said a bunch of random #### and half of it wasn't even true.

jay/nas/big/pac take your pick for goat

Originally Posted by noverum
Jack of all trades, master of none.
he's a master of several "trades" of rap, but lets just say he isn't for arguments sake.

Would you rather be an 8-9/10 in every category or a 10 in one and a 50-90 in the others?

Last edited by whothebestmc; 01-10-2013 at 04:10 AM..
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Smash Or Pass?: Lauren
51 comments
Image inside  Xbox store digital sales this weekend
52 comments
BOX FLOYD ADMITs IT " IM A RICH COWARD "
51 comments
 Image(s) inside :minimestopit:
New reply 15 minutes ago - 207 comments - by Ari Gold
  How Is Dej Loaf Famous? (might Be The Worst Performanc...
New reply 58 minutes ago - 185 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
  Hiphopdx's Review Of Rick Ross's "hood Billionare...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 75 comments - by 1LynguisticMind
 NFL Thanksgiving Day Football- 49ers Vs Seahawks 5:30pm(pst)
New reply 1 hour ago - 673 comments - by WiLL
 NFL Gobble Gobble Bi-ch.. Philadelphia Eagles (8-3) @ Dall...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 779 comments - by Kooper
 NBA Name An Nba Player That You Are Thankful For (no Stars...
New reply 1 hour ago - 56 comments - by iloveIT
  Nov 26 - Michael Brown's Mom: Darren Wilson Testimony ...
New reply 50 minutes ago - 121 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Dam Bx , Tay600 Really Mad At Me!
New reply 2 hours ago - 139 comments - by SlimDunkin

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,864 fans of BX | none new today 4,816 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.