This is BX @ Boxden.com

If you don't think Jay Z is the goat, then you don't know anything about hip hop

If you don't think Jay Z is the goat, then you don't know anything about hip hop
 01-08-2013, 02:15 PMonline - #21
NORTE 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,791 | 6217077
Originally Posted by DSOM
one of the most Quoted mc's Ever... but his lyrics are average?
Ok

I guarantee he has more hits by himself than he does with features
and Youre supposed to have good production and rely on it thats what makes a good song. Where do u ppl come up with this !!?

as far as his content goes... say what you want to say about it but u have to be a creative mutha!!a to be able to survive in the rap game this long. Period. Do u see how many rappers and groups have come and go since he has been in the game? Yet he still finds a way to re-invent himself time after time.

Nas can be the best lyricist. Pac and Wayne can be the most Popular. Eminem can have the best Flow. Scarface can be the most Gangsta. But take all that into ONE and Overall Jay-z is the GOAT.
false, its a nice attempt at trying to convince people tho.....but in all honesty its all opinion. To me the best mc is krayzie bone.....but someone else may never have heard of krayzie bone. Its all opinion. so do what u do if u wanna turn on jayz right now the do it homie.
 01-08-2013, 02:17 PMonline - #22
NORTE 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,791 | 6217077
Originally Posted by NORTE
krayzie bone >

new 2013

mann that last song on here monsta! is sooo dope! to me nobody can flow and switch it up like kray jackson period! havent hear anybody do it like him.

Last edited by NORTE; 01-08-2013 at 02:21 PM..
 01-08-2013, 02:19 PMaway - #23
Kingpin 313 47 heat pts47

d 
space
$12,265 | POWERFUL
JAY-Z LAUGHS THEN SAYS PARDON ME I HAD TO LAUGH AT THAT FOR 5 MINS - YouTube
 01-08-2013, 02:21 PMaway - #24
Billy Hoyle 

d 
space
$799 | 2269993
This the same jay z that got that ether? Same jay that eminem took a !! on? Same jay that wouldn't b !! if big never passed? Same jay that needs kanye to stay relevant? Same goat that released kingdom come? !! outta here!! nicca is garbage!
 01-08-2013, 02:22 PMaway - #25
GoldRush 59 heat pts59

d 
space
$1,650 | POWERFUL
funny thread title
 01-08-2013, 02:22 PMaway - #26
keezy504 9 heat pts

d 
space
$2,015 | 10293854
mann that last song on here monsta! is sooo dope! to me nobody can flow and switch it up like kray jackson period! havent hear anybody do it like him.

The g.o.a.t Bone, hands down.
 01-08-2013, 02:32 PMaway - #27
keezy504 9 heat pts

d 
space
$2,015 | 10293854
Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle
This the same jay z that got that ether? Same jay that eminem took a !! on? Same jay that wouldn't b !! if big never passed? Same jay that needs kanye to stay relevant? Same goat that released kingdom come? !! outta here!! nicca is garbage!
Yes, the same Jay Z that hit NaS with that Takeover and eventually signed NaS, The same Jay Z that went toe to toe with one of the best lrycist of all time in his prime and was not overshadowed, the same Jay Z that k!lled Big on "Brooklyn Finest" the same Jay Z that went platnium on BP3 without Kanye and sold about the same amount as much as someone who is supposed to be keeping him relevant? Yes the same G.O.A.T that realsed RD the G.O.A.T hip hop album, and Kingdom Come was good not great but good.

Jay-Z - Kingdom Come - YouTube

Jay-Z - Lost One ft. Chrisette Michele - YouTube
 01-08-2013, 02:32 PMaway - #28
Root Of Evil 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$10,991 | POWERFUL
As much as boxden trys to f!ght it people in the real world widely consider Jay the goat

Its no surprise rappers like wayne, kendrick, ab soul etc consider him the goat and that other rappers try to throw shots at him trying to get his position

"I should be number 1 on everybody list let's see what happens when I no longer exist"

01-08-2013, 02:34 PMonline - #29
NORTE 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,791 | 6217077
Originally Posted by keezy504

bizzy is very talented, even has reported to have beat jay z in the early 90s in a freestyle. but regardless bizzy has released some very good quality material. but he has also put out the absolute worst songs i have ever heard. Krayzie on the other had has consistancy and always puts his heart in his music. At first I like bizzy the best but he let me down so many times I eventually realized krayzie bone is the true talent. Bizzy is appealing because he is the most energetic and outspoken and some people love that. I am a kick back dude that smokes bud regularly and likes to chill out sometimes in a mellow mood. Kray jackson is more kick back and relateable to me. But his twists and harmonys and lyrics hit me on another level nobody has compared to. But bone thugs n harmony are amazingly talented regardless.
 01-08-2013, 02:36 PMonline - #30
NORTE 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,791 | 6217077
Originally Posted by Root Of Evil
As much as boxden trys to f!ght it people in the real world widely consider Jay the goat

Its no surprise rappers like wayne, kendrick, ab soul etc consider him the goat and that other rappers try to throw shots at him trying to get his position

"I should be number 1 on everybody list let's see what happens when I no longer exist"

i will never consider him the goat i could care less how many people do.
 01-08-2013, 03:08 PMaway - #31
bigree61 

d 
space
$13,380 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by keezy504

so in what aspect of hip hop outside of money is jay better than this man?
 01-08-2013, 04:08 PMaway - #32
Root Of Evil 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$10,991 | POWERFUL
i will never consider him the goat i could care less how many people do.
i'm trying to wrap my mind around your opinion

u got legends like cube pac nas jay big and u gone throw someone from bone thugs in the discussion
 01-08-2013, 04:23 PMaway - #33
Playa 67 heat pts67

d 
space
$21,502 | POWERFUL
As far as looking at what's important in the real world, Tupac is the GOAT. Jay Z usually gets called the GOAT by corny ppl. Nas or Scarface are the two real contenders after Pac.
 01-08-2013, 04:32 PMaway - #34
dblockallday 

d 
space
$5,503 | POWERFUL
jay has been wack to me for a long time. a good verse here or there but he fell off years ago.
 01-08-2013, 04:35 PMaway - #35
Kreemy 5 heat pts

d 
space
$1,375 | 12538096
everyone and they mamas know this
 01-08-2013, 04:39 PMaway - #36
DSOM 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$17,318 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mwana Ya Lola
Hip-hop must be the only genre you got this type of logic: "He's the greatest because he's a great businessman, he got a beautiful lady and white folks love him".
hip hop must be the only genre where the fans constantly try to tear down the legends but give all the utmost respect and praise to the new hot nicca or current one hit wonder.

and
btw
it took jay-z half of his career b4 the "white folks" started loving him

false, its a nice attempt at trying to convince people tho.....but in all honesty its all opinion. To me the best mc is krayzie bone.....but someone else may never have heard of krayzie bone. Its all opinion. so do what u do if u wanna turn on jayz right now the do it homie.
none of that is false or opinionated. facts are facts.
Jay-z is constantly quoted.
He has outlasted most of peers.
He has proven throughout his career that he is versatile enough to rap on any type of song. Underground or Mainstream.
All the while making those mainstream hits that push you beyond the label of just an average rapper.

Krayzie bone is a great rapper, But his choice to use that same flow throughout his career stops him from being a superstar. He's Limited.
The GOAT cannot be Limited.
 01-08-2013, 04:41 PMaway - #37
Trilluminati GA 327 heat pts327

d 
space
$27,008 | POWERFUL
Pac/Makaveli The Don >>>>>>>>>

01-08-2013, 04:47 PMaway - #38
DSOM 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$17,318 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by BluCupShawty
Pac/Makaveli The Don >>>>>>>>>

career was cut too short
 01-08-2013, 04:51 PMonline - #39
Radio Raheem 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$4,742 | 18968179
Outside of boxden i hear a whole bunch of people say who the goat is but i think if we just talking bout music then nas
edit:why if we don't think jay z is the great we dont know hip hop like your opinion means something? If thats the case alot of people even the older people who been listening to hip hop since the 80s dont know hip hop then
 01-08-2013, 04:54 PMonline - #40
AC SLATER 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$26,840 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bigree61
so in what aspect of hip hop outside of money is jay better than this man?
Besides his flow, what else is Bizzy Bone better than Jay at (as a rapper) ?

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Mark Forums Read

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Mimi Faust and Nikko partied the night before the $ex..
61 comments
Image inside  Vintage Pam Grier In The 1970's.......
74 comments
Article inside  Ice Cube: Ride Along Was "Robbed" at MTV Movie Award..
89 comments
 NBA What Does The P In Swaggy P Stand For?
New reply 32 seconds ago - 60 comments - by largofool
 MLB Espn First Take With An Ignorant Tweet On Jackie Robin...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 146 comments - by theFREAK
 NFL Chris Johnson To The Jets
New reply 41 seconds ago - 52 comments - by 1andonlyKingP
 Article inside More ‘breaking Bad’ Alternate Endings Revealed By Vinc...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 51 comments - by SM
 Video inside So The Boy August Alsina Just G Checked 106 And Park L...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 160 comments - by Adwerdz
 MMA Chuck Norris: Bruce Lee And I Would Have Done Well In ...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 66 comments - by ill 800
  What Rapper Has Never Had His Credibility Questioned
New reply 6 minutes ago - 69 comments - by "SS"
  Omfg The Motherload Restock! 04/19/14 Eastbay
New reply 16 minutes ago - 93 comments - by bnw99

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,699 fans of BX and 3 new today 4,652 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.