This is BX @ Boxden.com

How Do Rappers Get Paid Off Of Mixtapes?

How Do Rappers Get Paid Off Of Mixtapes?
topic by EastBroadway - 03-08-2008, 02:10 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

And How Do Bootleggers Get Them And Make Money Off Of That When The Rapper Gets Money?How?

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

14 comments for "How Do Rappers Get Paid Off Of Mixtapes?"

03-08-2008, 02:16 AMaway - #2
0 killacam 0 

d 
space
$5,082 | 0
they usually dont because their tapes have copyrighted material. its mostly for promotion. if ur #### is original then u can sell it in stores.

like jim jones harlem gangster
 03-08-2008, 02:18 AMaway - #3
MELODY 4 heat pts

d 
space
$9,340 | POWERFUL
1. Rappers Dont Get Paid Off Mixtapes, They Are Supposed To Be A Promotional Tool.

2. Some Djs Do Try To Profit Off Mixtapes. Like Drama, But Look What Happened To Him.

3. Mixtapes Cannot Be Sold Unless Its All Cleared Original Material Meaning All The Producers Gave The Ok To Use The Beat And Got Paid For It And The Publisher Got Paid For Using The Sample On The Beat, Etc.

4. People Used To Be Slick And Try To Sell Mixtapes Until Drama Got Locked Up. Notice How Mixtapes Are Now Being Offered For Free.

5. If You Have A Mixtape Site Where You Sell Mixtapes There Are Ways Of Getting Around This.
 03-08-2008, 02:57 AMonline - #4
Dash420 5 heat pts

d 
space
$10,041 | POWERFUL
^^ i jus went to the Flea today and ni##az was sellin mixtapes left and right in there...lol ni##az even had they on shop in da Flea..soooo i kno if the Feds come they gon ramsack dat muh####a wit da quickness
 03-08-2008, 03:02 AMaway - #5
MELODY 4 heat pts

d 
space
$9,340 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dash420
^^ i jus went to the Flea today and ni##az was sellin mixtapes left and right in there...lol ni##az even had they on shop in da Flea..soooo i kno if the Feds come they gon ramsack dat muh####a wit da quickness
WHICH FLEA? OPA-LOCKA? USA? SWAP SHOP? CAROL MART?
 03-08-2008, 07:35 AMaway - #6

d 
space
$64 | 0
they raided the swap meet in san diego for selling mixtapes..police ran in like they was raiding a dope house...

battering rams

gas masks

bullet proof shields

police dogs

helicopters

patty wagons

03-08-2008, 07:40 AMaway - #7
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$11,207 | POWERFUL
yea im not sure but i think that has been going on for a while.i think its called bootlegging jus a thought though
 03-08-2008, 08:14 AMaway - #8
dipsetgrl022 

d 
space
$708 | 5081953
datpiff.com...best mixtape source ever...besides boxden of course lol
 03-08-2008, 08:22 AMaway - #9
GOODmusic_1015 

d 
space
$1,832 | 7142027
Originally Posted by CheezyDoDo
yea im not sure but i think that has been going on for a while.i think its called bootlegging jus a thought though
they wasnt askin what it was called idiot
 03-08-2008, 12:45 PMonline - #10
Dead Masons 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$5,492 | POWERFUL
when rappers and djs get paid off mixtapes they usuallly do a co-signment kinda deal wit different spots that sell mixtapes. They give them say 10-100 copies of the mixtape and then the rapper or DJ gets 2-3 dollars for each mixtape they sell. Once the mixtape spot runs ou they re-up. Then you have bootleggers who get a copy of ya mixtape either by buying it or burning it online (back in the day they would cop a master directly from the DJ for a onetime fee) and then just duplicate it and print up copies of the cover and tracklisting and insert them in to the cases manually. So if u see a mixtape that aint labeled and the cover looks like it came from an inkjet u have bootlegger #2 and the rapper is seeing no doe from them but if u see a mixtape thats official meaning the CD is labeled with contact infromation and the cover is printed proffessionally u have bootlegger #1.
 03-08-2008, 01:00 PMaway - #11
Linksys 

d 
space
$606 | 3538450
your not paying for the mixtapes, your paying for the art work meaning the cover of the CD and get the mixtape free with the purchase of the art work cover
 03-08-2008, 01:14 PMonline - #12
Yung Dilla 1200 heat pts1200

d 
space
$41,317 | POWERFUL
well they do get paid they sell them off their myspace pages and official websites examples ya boy eat good off mixtapes cuz he just sells him off ya boy music . com and his myspace game to he puts them on the real black wall street .com and sells them that cuts out the lable and everyone else and he just pockets the money
 03-08-2008, 01:21 PMaway - #13
Hollywooo22 

d 
space
$2,019 | 6958482
i always wondered the same question
 03-08-2008, 02:52 PMaway - #14
MELODY 4 heat pts

d 
space
$9,340 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dipsetgrl022
datpiff.com...best mixtape source ever...besides boxden of course lol
THEIR SELECTION IS GREAT ALTHOUGH THEIR SOUND QUALITY IS HORRIBLE.
 03-18-2008, 05:11 PMaway - #15
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$4,461 | POWERFUL
Word.....Good Looks Everyone!

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Jul 28 - Legend Charles Barkley Offers To Pay For Fun..
51 comments
Jul 28 - Orthodox Jews with herpes need to stop applying ‘direc..
66 comments
Jul 28 - Florida Man Scams Apple for over 300k!
50 comments
 Image(s) inside Godfather 50 Goes Off For Speaking On His Parenting
New reply 48 seconds ago - 106 comments - by chrismb
 Image(s) inside Lil Man Got An 6000gb Hard Drive In His Head
New reply 8 minutes ago - 95 comments - by Muunsta
 Video inside The Last Of Us Remastered Drops On Tuesday, You Copping?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 68 comments - by QB Eagles
 Image(s) inside Angelica Charrupi >> Instawife
New reply 10 minutes ago - 59 comments - by SHADOW
  Sir Michael Rocks- Banco [anticipation/discussion Thre...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 52 comments - by the coolest
 Video inside Throwback: Bsm Frenchie Unites Crips & Bloods In Nyc
New reply 10 minutes ago - 64 comments - by OG T Gutta N
 Video inside Aaron Hall: Any B*tch That Say My D*ck Is Small Is Lying
New reply 5 minutes ago - 133 comments - by GoldBluded
 Image(s) inside Jr Writer Got Locked Up For Attempted Robbery In The 2...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 104 comments - by castro

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.