This is BX @ Boxden.com

Hip Hop = Reason Why Black Communities Are Horrible...

Hip Hop = Reason Why Black Communities Are Horrible...
topic by LVuittonDon4EVA - 01-08-2007, 04:40 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

Ight ya'll one of my friends believes that Hip Hop Music is plaguing the Black Communities in America. The negativity, hatred, glorifying money and power, putting down women, etc. is one of the reasons why there is no positivity in the Black Society (according to him)...And he constantly references 50 Cent and like the old [rip]row and !! like that. So I'm planning to show him that he has Hip Hop all !!ed up if he is trying to sit there and blame Hip Hop. He misunderstands Hip Hop completely soo what I'm asking from my BX Fam is for ya'll to suggest some tracks that I'mma play for him so he can see the creativity, the passion, and show him what REAL Hip Hop is. I'm looking for wordplay, flow, creativity, etc.

Thanx.

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

63 comments for "Hip Hop = Reason Why Black Communities Are Horrible..."

01-08-2007, 04:43 PMaway - #2
LBThrizzy 

d 
space
$9,491 | POWERFUL
No offense...But I don't even know who your friend is. And I'd like to slap him.
 01-08-2007, 04:45 PMaway - #3
wizard420 

d 
space
$2,376 | 3062025
Nas
"I Know I Can" Godson Album

Masta Ace
"Beautiful" Long Hot Summer(basically this whole cd)

Pac
"Keep Ur Head UP"
 01-08-2007, 04:47 PMaway - #4
ljames1 2 heat pts

d 
space
$480 | 2301211
Lots of common...
In particular Common - retrospect for life
Nas- DAnce
i dont even know sounds like hes pretty ignorant to me cant change the ignorant
 01-08-2007, 04:48 PMaway - #5
LVuittonDon4EVA 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,041 | 13162651
Originally Posted by LBThrizzy
No offense...But I don't even know who your friend is. And I'd like to slap him.
Yeah pretty much, so I told him that I'll make like 2 CD's full of tracks, and I'mma break each track down, giving him the background, explaining to him the meaning behind the song,etc etc. There is much more to Hip Hop than just guns and !!es.
 01-08-2007, 04:54 PMaway - #6
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m 

d 
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
Anything From Common, Talib Kweli, Pharoahe Monch, A Tribe Called Quest, Murs.

There Are Alot.
 01-08-2007, 04:55 PMaway - #7
ljames1 2 heat pts

d 
space
$480 | 2301211
dont you just hate people like this... let him listen to his nsync doesnt deserve to hear hip hop
 01-08-2007, 05:00 PMaway - #8
One_Luv 

d 
space
$815 | 2965597
Tell him to go read some books on the history of blacks in America.
 01-08-2007, 05:03 PMaway - #9
2meo 

d 
space
$3,001 | 5924139
Ras Kass Interview With A Vampire
 01-08-2007, 05:06 PMaway - #10
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´|m 

d 
space
$4,965 | POWERFUL
IF THIS GUY STILL DON'T CHANGE HIS MIND, !! HIM UP.
 01-08-2007, 05:08 PMaway - #11
Adamsville4real 

d 
space
$5,486 | 12332359
your friend is right and for anybody to say that most rap music isnt negative is lying to thereself. For all the common's, mos def, talib whateva there are plenty of other rappers that rap about negative stuff that over shadow them. I know Nas made i know you can but he the same dude that made money is my !!. Same wit pac he made keep yo head up but had thug life tatted on him and made plenty of songs that didnt have a positive message. Most rap now everbody talking about how much dope they sold, how many hoes they got and how much money they got. Younger kids listen to this and even people in they 20's listen and wanna be like these rappers and listen to the bull!! they say and think its real life. Hip-hop aint the main reason why the black community is so messed up its a combination of things but i know it isnt helping us. I still listen to it and like it but i know it isnt real life and know that most rap music is negative.

Last edited by Adamsville4real; 01-08-2007 at 05:09 PM..
 01-08-2007, 05:08 PMaway - #12
LVuittonDon4EVA 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,041 | 13162651
I'm positive I'll change his mind, homie is from Sri Lanka and guess who their number one artist is...50 CENT

soo...just gotta show him the real Hip Hop.
 01-08-2007, 05:33 PMaway - #13
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts

d 
space
$7,491 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LVuittonDon4EVA
Ight ya'll one of my friends believes that Hip Hop Music is plaguing the Black Communities in America. The negativity, hatred, glorifying money and power, putting down women, etc. is one of the reasons why there is no positivity in the Black Society (according to him)...And he constantly references 50 Cent and like the old [rip]row and !! like that. So I'm planning to show him that he has Hip Hop all !!ed up if he is trying to sit there and blame Hip Hop. He misunderstands Hip Hop completely soo what I'm asking from my BX Fam is for ya'll to suggest some tracks that I'mma play for him so he can see the creativity, the passion, and show him what REAL Hip Hop is. I'm looking for wordplay, flow, creativity, etc.

Thanx.
yeah thats comin off abit ignorant,

"negativity, hatred, glorifying money and power, putting down women, etc"

thats not hip-hop, those are human traits you can find all over the world.

Moreso if he's from Sri Lanka he should know better.
 01-08-2007, 05:37 PMaway - #14
daliff89 1 heat pts

d 
space
$13,129 | POWERFUL
i know you said that you wanted tracks for your friend to listen to, but first i'd like you to tell him to stop blaming a form of entertainment for people not raising their children right......yes, music/tv/movies/video games can influence people, but i've listened to music/watched tv and movies/played video games my entire life and i don't objectify women.....i don't k!ll people.....i don't think that money is everything.....the only thing i do wrong really is i curse, ALOT......dude needs to realize that before you blame other people for problems in a certain community, you should look at the people in those communities.......

as for songs.......there's tons.....alot of Common.....alot of Talib Kweli......some of the tracks on that Hi-Tek album.......some Nas.....some Lupe........there's some tracks on Termanology's new !! that have some 'insperational' lyrics.....

your friend, and alot of other people, need to stop generalizing an entire genre/sub-genre into what they're used to hearing on radio/TV.....
 01-08-2007, 05:39 PMaway - #15
Snyder 

d 
space
$1,592 | 17108690
Originally Posted by Adamsville4real
your friend is right and for anybody to say that most rap music isnt negative is lying to thereself. For all the common's, mos def, talib whateva there are plenty of other rappers that rap about negative stuff that over shadow them. I know Nas made i know you can but he the same dude that made money is my !!. Same wit pac he made keep yo head up but had thug life tatted on him and made plenty of songs that didnt have a positive message. Most rap now everbody talking about how much dope they sold, how many hoes they got and how much money they got. Younger kids listen to this and even people in they 20's listen and wanna be like these rappers and listen to the bull!! they say and think its real life. Hip-hop aint the main reason why the black community is so messed up its a combination of things but i know it isnt helping us. I still listen to it and like it but i know it isnt real life and know that most rap music is negative.
co-signing the bold to the fullest, i've always felt that way about pac man, dude had alot more negative tracks than positive, yet dude is glorified for his positive tracks like that's all he made (media wise) r.i.p pac
 01-08-2007, 05:44 PMaway - #16
wizard420 

d 
space
$2,376 | 3062025
right everybody makes negative music but they still make positive !!..some artist are never positive...asfar as blamin HIPHOP
women been being downgraded since beginning of time..as well as murk,rape,money and Guns...all have been part of AMERICA b4 HIPHOP was thought of...why do you think movies like odfather and Scarface were made caus a majority of ppl LOVE violence or the thought of it
 01-08-2007, 05:57 PMaway - #17
Jesse James 

d 
space
$567 | 1379579
So things were perfect in black communities before hip hop came along?

Ask some older cats what it was like back in the day. Crime, drugs, even more racism than today.

Your friend is an idiot. There are always fools trying to blame problems on something like rap music, secks on television, rock and roll music, violent video games, dungeons and dragons, violent movies, heavy metal, violent cartoons, [..], pro wrestling, etc.
 01-08-2007, 06:02 PMaway - #18
dumb_ass23 

d 
space
$4,191 | 1657216
Originally Posted by daliff89
i know you said that you wanted tracks for your friend to listen to, but first i'd like you to tell him to stop blaming a form of entertainment for people not raising their children right......yes, music/tv/movies/video games can influence people, but i've listened to music/watched tv and movies/played video games my entire life and i don't objectify women.....i don't k!ll people.....i don't think that money is everything.....the only thing i do wrong really is i curse, ALOT......dude needs to realize that before you blame other people for problems in a certain community, you should look at the people in those communities.......

as for songs.......there's tons.....alot of Common.....alot of Talib Kweli......some of the tracks on that Hi-Tek album.......some Nas.....some Lupe........there's some tracks on Termanology's new !! that have some 'insperational' lyrics.....

your friend, and alot of other people, need to stop generalizing an entire genre/sub-genre into what they're used to hearing on radio/TV.....
I personally believe the stuff on the radio is at the core of this issue... Sure it is unfair to blame a genre of music for social issues, but the culture that current-day pop rap fans embody (don't confuse that with traditional hip hop culture) is definitely a negative one.

There are lots of really talented artists out there that put hip hop in a positive light, but nobody hears their albums and they definitely don't have good chances at pop success. The mainstream artist DO have the greatest impact

IMO BET is a part of the problem as well... I feel like I get dumber almost every time I watch it... but that is a whole other issue.
 01-08-2007, 06:14 PMaway - #19
daliff89 1 heat pts

d 
space
$13,129 | POWERFUL
again, i've listened to the radio my entire life, but my parents raised me correctly......i know what matters and what doesnt......i know what's wrong and what's not......that has nothing to do with the radio or TV or movies or anything else........

people need to stop trying to blame others for their problems and step up to the plate themselves, cause usually they're their own problem......
 01-08-2007, 06:32 PMaway - #20
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts

d 
space
$7,491 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dumb_ass23
I personally believe the stuff on the radio is at the core of this issue... Sure it is unfair to blame a genre of music for social issues, but the culture that current-day pop rap fans embody (don't confuse that with traditional hip hop culture) is definitely a negative one.

There are lots of really talented artists out there that put hip hop in a positive light, but nobody hears their albums and they definitely don't have good chances at pop success. The mainstream artist DO have the greatest impact

IMO BET is a part of the problem as well... I feel like I get dumber almost every time I watch it... but that is a whole other issue.
If you were leaning towards the part media plays in this issue on a whole, I would definately agree, but I cannot agree with Hip Hop being THE reason. Again the characteristics that were noted are human traits which have been around for eons and are played out worldwide, and like the brother stated.

Originally Posted by daliff89
i've listened to the radio my entire life, but my parents raised me correctly......i know what matters and what doesnt......i know what's wrong and what's not......that has nothing to do with the radio or TV or movies or anything else

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Activision indefinitely postpones Xbox One version o..
63 comments
NBA New York Knicks sign foward Lamar Odom to a 2-year deal,..
62 comments
NBA ESPN 30 for 30 - 'Bad Boys' (video - trailer)
291 comments
 Video inside Man These Lil Nikkas In Chicago Wild As Fk (must Watch)
New reply 18 seconds ago - 108 comments - by Fen
 Article inside Chingy Says A Trans$exual Ruined His Rap Career
New reply 8 minutes ago - 65 comments - by A.Dot789
 NBA Swaggy P - 'what I'm Gonna Do With This Shouldn't Be L...
New reply 26 seconds ago - 103 comments - by R.O.B
  What Rapper Has Never Had His Credibility Questioned
New reply 8 minutes ago - 157 comments - by "SS"
  Who Is The Most Musically Jocked Nigga This Era?
New reply 3 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Black Yeezus II
  Chiwire Season 5: Supposedly Durk Got Choked Out By Re...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 97 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Article inside In Other News Nas Lost Again: Kelis Just Tossed A Few ...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 112 comments - by CrunchTime CDN
 Article inside Gucci Mane Negotiating With Federal Government To Redu...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 172 comments - by loyola llothta

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,698 fans of BX | none new today 4,653 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.