This is BX @ Boxden.com


Hip-hop lingo you just don't understand


 Hip-hop lingo you just don't understand
 09-03-2010, 12:44 PMaway - #21
Panopticon 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$12,533 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by get_ate
Remember when Pun and Fat Joe were like they're twins?

Well, that meant they were a-alikes.

Get it now?
Oh, like play cousins? Ehh, i dunno.
 09-03-2010, 12:45 PMaway - #22
bornleader 

  d 
space
$2,540 | 4209394
Originally Posted by Swisher sweet
hello good morning tell meWHAT THE LICK READS? - Rozay

They ask me WHAT THE LICK READS? One Triple Zero - Jeezy

I ain't no dope dealer, somebody tell me wtf that mean plz

Everybody I ask don't know either lol
no idea on the orgin but I know it is a very common south term that simply means "whats happenig" "whats going down" "whats crackin"..LMAO..Used in that context
 09-03-2010, 12:46 PMaway - #23
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$16,795 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bornleader
this..Its the weight retards..
so ur sayin when they say 'Trey pound 7' that means the weight ?

 09-03-2010, 12:49 PMaway - #24
bornleader 

  d 
space
$2,540 | 4209394
Originally Posted by PLAYERIZM
so ur sayin when they say 'Trey pound 7' that means the weight ?

well if you use it that way it still makes zero sense..I think rappers are also confused by the term..I know for sure that tre pound and four pound was specifically used bcuz of the weight of the gun..Rappers made different adaptations to it im a$suming..
 09-03-2010, 12:49 PMaway - #25
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87

  d 
space
$15,791 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bornleader
no idea on the orgin but I know it is a very common south term that simply means "whats happenig" "whats going down" "whats crackin"..LMAO..Used in that context
Originally Posted by RICKY ROZAY
im guessing....what the business....whats good?

never heard that #### in tha streets b'
I thought they was talking bout a scale or some ####

Learn something new everyday
 09-03-2010, 12:52 PMaway - #26
Al Goody 48 heat pts48

  d 
space
$4,571 | POWERFUL
Trill= True + Real
 09-03-2010, 12:53 PMaway - #27
Sam Rothstein 73 heat pts73

  d 
space
$41,882 | POWERFUL
Well, I just Googled what I was going to ask. Thank you Google.

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 09-03-2010 at 12:56 PM..
 09-03-2010, 12:55 PMaway - #28
Fresh Whyte|B 650 heat pts650

  d 
space
$38,112 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Swisher sweet
I thought they was talking bout a scale or some ####

Learn something new everyday
....I Believe It Is The Scale. I Never Heard Someone Say "what's up...what the lick read ni##a" As In What's The Business.. I Thought That Was Scale.
 09-03-2010, 12:55 PMaway - #29
Al Goody 48 heat pts48

  d 
space
$4,571 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ThatDude0824
I dont understand why Wayne says

I got my gun in my blue purse
I dont bust back cuz I shoot first
If you are "busting back" you are shooting 2nd. He is "shooting 1st" so he can't be "busting back"
 09-03-2010, 12:59 PMaway - #30
bornleader 

  d 
space
$2,540 | 4209394
Originally Posted by Fresh Whyte
....I Believe It Is The Scale. I Never Heard Someone Say "what's up...what the lick read ni##a" As In What's The Business.. I Thought That Was Scale.
no man..trust me..I have been around some ghetto a$s dudes in my life..From NY to MIA to LA..In the hood in Florida in specific everyone says that #### in the way I said..And half these dudes sold crack..Never heard it referenced with any relation to a scale..Maybe it orginated from the scale?
 09-03-2010, 01:03 PMaway - #31
Panopticon 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$12,533 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by YaNeedMe
If you are "busting back" you are shooting 2nd. He is "shooting 1st" so he can't be "busting back"
I think he was asking about the Blue Purse part...
 09-03-2010, 01:04 PMonline - #32
Chalky 163 heat pts163

  d 
space
$16,959 | POWERFUL
Gucci 4 + 4 = a Chicken Wing
 09-03-2010, 01:05 PMaway - #33
ManOfSteel23 28 heat pts28

  d 
space
$2,954 | POWERFUL
wtf does 'going ham' mean?
 09-03-2010, 01:06 PMaway - #34
tht guy 

  d 
space
$282 | 352666
Originally Posted by ThatDude0824
I dont understand why Wayne says

I got my gun in my blue purse
I dont bust back cuz I shoot first
He say's he has a gun in his boo purse, basically his girls purse
 09-03-2010, 01:07 PMaway - #35
Al Goody 48 heat pts48

  d 
space
$4,571 | POWERFUL
remember when West Coast artisis used to rap about "Croker Sacks"

Wtf is a croker sack? di#kies pants?
 09-03-2010, 01:08 PMaway - #36
Panopticon 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$12,533 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tht guy
He say's he has a gun in his boo purse, basically his girls purse


I hate when i mishear lyrics
 09-03-2010, 01:08 PMaway - #37
Sam Rothstein 73 heat pts73

  d 
space
$41,882 | POWERFUL
"What the lick read," from my knowledge, was just a way of saying, "What's the status."

We all know what the word "lick" means -- an easy opportunity of gain (robberies, burglaries, etc).

This has somehow evolved into everyday slang, since people in the hood are always looking for a "lick." So, it's only right someone awakes everyday and ask, "What the lick read?"
 09-03-2010, 01:08 PMaway - #38
bornleader 

  d 
space
$2,540 | 4209394
Originally Posted by ManOfSteel23
wtf does 'going ham' mean?
well this is an Atlanta term..Or georgia..Going Ham is just like saying going "crazy" "poppin"
Got the trap going ham..Going ham on these dudes..I went ham on that ham sandwich..LMAO this thread is going to be hilarious
 09-03-2010, 01:10 PMonline - #39
Chalky 163 heat pts163

  d 
space
$16,959 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ManOfSteel23
wtf does 'going ham' mean?
You Going Ham as in being Hype or basically how in the 90's people used to say your on Fire
 09-03-2010, 01:10 PMaway - #40
bornleader 

  d 
space
$2,540 | 4209394
Originally Posted by Joe Budden
"What the lick read," from my knowledge, was just a way of saying, "What's the status."

We all know what the word "lick" means -- an easy opportunity of gain (robberies, burglaries, etc).

This has somehow evolved into everyday slang, since people in the hood are always looking for a "lick." So, it's only right someone awakes everyday and ask, "What the lick read?"
yes..There we go..That is pretty damn accurate..
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
77 comments
NFL Dallas Cowboys fans are losing their minds
52 comments
NBA Josh Smith responds to Kenneth Faried, calls him ‘a clown’
65 comments
 NBA Official Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Chicago Bull
New reply 1 second ago - 409 comments - by Akira Son Bio
 Video inside Before Dej Loaf Would Get Your Whole "fombily&quo...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 149 comments - by lilbeast
 Image(s) inside Nas Gettin Sucked Off By Madonna In The Studio (pic)
New reply 52 seconds ago - 117 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NBA Confirmed: Russell Westbrook Has A Small Fracture In H...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 70 comments - by NoMenace
 Image(s) inside Oct 28 - Life Under Obama Sucks. And These Numbers Pro...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 99 comments - by KFrizzle
 NFL Week 9- Tnf- New Orleans Saints Vs. Carolina Panthers
New reply 12 minutes ago - 467 comments - by Frasier
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 88 comments - by Frankybaby
 Image(s) inside Oct 29 - Aliens Are Real Reveals Former Area 51 Scient...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 212 comments - by Rick Ross

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,832 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.