Hip Hop facts and events most ya'll don't know about

Hip Hop facts and events most ya'll don't know about
 07-06-2005, 05:08 PMaway - #141
FaceMob 2 heat pts

d 
space
$6,852 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by live4rm3o5
-fat joe got knocked the fu#k out @ mansion by sum zoe pound ni##as joe tried tryin to defend busta and wen ni##as to snatch his chain they hands got cuttup on the t.s moons on joes chain
same time busta got hit
ni##a pick up a book.
 07-06-2005, 05:31 PMaway - #142
Luda848 

d 
space
$268 | 1856
Some of these are pretty well known, but w/e...

idn about that k!llah Priest thing, but I heard that Cappadonna was going to be in the Wu Tang Clan, but he was in jail when 36 Chambers came out...

Did I read that in the Wu Manual...idn i read or heard it somewhere...

oh and the only track Masta k!llah was on on 36 Chambers was Da Mystery Of Chessboxin

Ced Gee of the Ultramagnetic MCs produced most of Criminal Minded

Jermaine Dupri was going to sign Ludacris to So So Def around the time Incognegro dropped, but Lil' Jon (who was working for So So Def at the time) advised J.D. not to, so he went to Def Jam...

The only guest apperances the Beastie Boys ever had on any of their albums were from Q-Tip and Biz Markie

The Canbius - LL Cool J beef started with Canibus complementing LL on a tattoo, and IIRC saying he was gonna get one like it...LL then dissed Canibus on 4 3 2 1, a track Canibus was featured on :-\

Big Pun was over 600 pounds when he died

Rakim & Dr. Dre were set to release an album together, but it never happened due to "creative differences", and was dropped by Shady Aftermath (yes, THAT GOAT Rakim)....

Cage accused Eminem of biting his flow/style on his track 'Agent Orange', which was released around 1996 (even though the album with it on it was released in 2002), which explains the disses on 'Escape To 88'

Cage (bi polar), Scarface (depression) & Kool Keith (depression) have all spent time in mental institutes...

The Fresh Prince (Will Smith) was the first rapper to recieve a Grammy

The Beastie Boys were the first rap act to reach #1 on the Billboard charts

2Pac had beef with the Fugees, and no, I dont know why...

KRS One has released 14 albums over his career
 07-06-2005, 05:38 PMaway - #143
icegrill 

d 
space
$632 | 222388
{? = curious}

Ali Vegas and Lamar Odom are relatives
Ghostface was shot while out of town
Xzibit is from Detroit, Michigan (ni##az was sayin' he was from Jersey)
Starang Wondah (of OGC) was thrown off stage by Biggie & company?
Nas saw his first tec/gun on tour with Xtra P when Jigga pulled it out
DMX was born in Baltimore, Maryland
Clipse were born in the BX
Jungle use to manage such rappers as Nore
Canibus was stole on by Blinky Blink at his album release party
Oschino was shot 9 nine times
Big Noyd served time for attempted murd3r
Littles did a 4-5 year bid
Mystikal's sister was k!lled by boyfriend which was a rapper from UNLV
Juelz Santana was in a rap duo called Draft Pick with stickman Malik
Wyclef was bumped by the feds and taken to DC?
Prodigy of Mobb Deep was found in Detroit when he was kidnapped by father?
Ghostface is a vegetarian?
Ol' Dirty was charged with attempted murd3r when he shot at NYPD

Last edited by icegrill; 07-07-2005 at 03:25 PM..
 07-06-2005, 05:39 PMaway - #144
i am not a MOD 

d 
space
$1,388 | 731113
jaz-o used to sell incents (sp?) on bushwick ave., i actually bought incence from him, that sh#t smelled good, ni##a had a cart and was wearing a tank top and sandals.

My boy was about to f!ght geda k, but geda got locked up the same day, forreal tho, in the hold bleek hold some weight, its not really him but ty ty (jays right hand) and h money bags, and bleek is well connected.

Jay went back to marcy after hard knock of life, no security watsoever, went to see his moms, who did not want to move out of the hood. He ran into a former friend and his friend asked him to come to his home studio to record a track, jay did, recorded a verse, the dude asked jay if he need him to walk him to the car (so jay wont get robbed or sumthin) jay said nah im good, longs story short, jay walked to his bently, in the middle of brooklyn, chain swangin, no problem, thats the kind of love jay gets in his hood. " ni##as said jigga cant go back home/ u know when i heard that, when i was back home!!!"

bleek and camron have been throwing subliminals since cam was designated vp of the roc by dame be4 bleek "dudes in the roc that dont roc wit this, how", "many dudes in the team that in family/ dyn@sty no, it remains the same, so everytime u throw it up know who changed the game/ the roc army, get low and state property/ caked up in realestate and never played monopoly/"
 07-06-2005, 05:42 PMaway - #145
i am not a MOD 

d 
space
$1,388 | 731113
Joe Budden was born in queens NY, moved to harlem, lived in harlem til about 15 then moved to jerz when his father was sent to federal prison for conspiracy.
 07-06-2005, 05:46 PMaway - #146
GR2004 

d 
space
$1,584 | 4026743
The Canbius - LL Cool J beef started with Canibus complementing LL on a tattoo, and IIRC saying he was gonna get one like it...LL then dissed Canibus on 4 3 2 1, a track Canibus was featured on :-\
almost true,They where recording 4,3,2,1 and Canibus said something like ''Lemme borrow the mic'' (from LL's arm),and LL didn't like that,so Canibus had to re-write his verse.
 07-06-2005, 06:04 PMaway - #147
i am not a MOD 

d 
space
$1,388 | 731113
joe budden also spent time in a mental institution when he was 15-16 for depression

Jay-z was supposed to be on the third verse of ashantis foolish, irv instead made ashanti write another verse in order to "develop his artist"

jay-z was going to sign 50 cent to rocafella but declined after speaking to his good friend irv gotti, then gotti turned around and tried to sign Nas. Jay said if nas was on murd3r inc he goes from being the boss of ill will to another ashanti. Nas then refused to sign.

AZ many times, was very close to signing to rocafella

Cormega, was a signature away from reppin the roc.

Joe Budden was on rocafella before dame went, but did not want to have to choose between dame and jay so he just tore up the rocafella contract and stood under his old def jam contract.

State Property, the group, did not know each other from a hole in a wall before SP, dame and jay jus took everyone from philadelphia under rocafella and made a collective, basically the Rocs version of making the band.

Bleek recorded verses and songs wit beans for the b.coming, Dame did not want them on there, but put a two year old jay song which was on the state property two album. Dame also kept bleek off of the young guns first solo, juelz, the diplomats, and most of the paid in full contract, bleek called it "a conspiracy to get bleek off of the roc"

Welcome to NY was supposed to be camrons second single, Cam refused to shoot the video after jay vetoed cams VP position, probably costing cam another million in record sales.

Reasonable Doubt was the only Jay-Z album realesed under Priority/Rocafella, The collective- Jay, Dame and Biggs own the rights. Jay offered dame dash rocafella if he would just give him 100 percent rights to reasonable doubt, dame refuse, as a result def jam bought rocafella, gave jay-z presidency position, gave him the publishing to every other jay-z album (besides RD) and gave him 100% of Rocafella.

The track in which jay disses mase, saying "im rolling wit rocafella, they gettin money man" is d-dot, bad boys #1 producer at the time. No one on bad boy was behind mase on his beef wit jay, thats why he never realeased his diss track.
 07-06-2005, 06:14 PMaway - #148
reeps. 

d 
space
$2,624 | POWERFUL
Damn this thread is dope as hell...got me hooked on it...

keep the info comin yall
 07-06-2005, 06:33 PMaway - #149
i am not a MOD 

d 
space
$1,388 | 731113
Beanie Sigel and Memphis Bleek were recording an album together called "From My Hood To Your Hood" when Bleeks brother "dre" was in a near fatal accident, bleek dissapeared from rap for a while getting his brother the best medical treatment in the country and keeping his mother away from it so she wont be hurt by her sons pain, sending her on vacations from miami to san tropez.

The Commision- Big, Jay-Z, and Charlie Baltimore was set to hit the streets when big died, RIP

murd3r Inc. - A group featuring Jay-Z, DMX, and Ja Rule was supposed to come out when DMX and Ja Rule had a fallout

Triangle Offense- Joe Budden, Fabolous, and Paul Cain, the album would have came out if joe buddens debut album went platinum, but it didnt so the label didnt feel need to further explore the potential of that group.

Styles P. was only dissing rocafella and Jay-Z during the Beans and Jada beef in order to push jadas album kiss the game goodbye, when styels came out of prison he said he wished he could take it all back and do resoviour dogs part 2 wit "my ni##as at the roc"

Sauce Money won a grammy for writing P.diddys verse on Every Breathe u take the BIG tribute.

Run up on LOON, he will fu#k u up.

Jay was real close to coming to blows wit sean paul at a club, but it didnt come to that as sean paul was afraid. " the gat that i clutch got a lil red light, NEED A LIGHT??"

BIG L was rocafella when he died. RIP.

anybody remember jay-z dissing jayo felon " jayo you not a felon u a misdeamenor"

Last edited by i am not a MOD; 07-06-2005 at 06:35 PM..
 07-06-2005, 06:39 PMaway - #150
nublet 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$2,278 | 7038126
Originally Posted by cpgza14
According to DMX, K-Solo battled him in jail and completely jacked his style of spelling out words in his rhymes.
i saw this sh#t somewhere.. i think its was on a beef dvd... didnt k-solo take a lie detector test and it turns out it's dmx who jacked his style.. not the other way around
 07-06-2005, 06:41 PMonline - #151
tntitan 

d 
space
$794 | 769614
good read
 07-06-2005, 06:44 PMaway - #152
Luda848 

d 
space
$268 | 1856
almost true,They where recording 4,3,2,1 and Canibus said something like ''Lemme borrow the mic'' (from LL's arm),and LL didn't like that,so Canibus had to re-write his verse.

Yeah...
 07-06-2005, 07:12 PMaway - #153
chr0nic 

d 
space
$917 | 6638
I heard that Nas was really close to signin with Bad Boy anyone know if thas true and what happened
 07-06-2005, 07:33 PMaway - #154
freefab420 

d 
space
$754 | 86968
^^^^
herd da same sh#t i think it was on a nas song or suttin i dun remember
 07-06-2005, 07:36 PMaway - #155
RaioIsLike 

d 
space
$5,355 | 116038
he was close to signing with

Badboy
Wu-tang

but decided he wanted to do it himself
 07-06-2005, 07:38 PMaway - #156
MCM1012 

d 
space
$84 | 10
major props man thats tight
 07-06-2005, 07:40 PMaway - #157
EscoNore 63 heat pts63

d 
space
$10,410 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RaioIsLike
he was close to signing with

Badboy
Wu-tang

but decided he wanted to do it himself

and murd3r Inc..... right?
 07-06-2005, 07:41 PMaway - #158
freefab420 

d 
space
$754 | 86968
Originally Posted by Skilllz
Vanilla Ice was beat up by suge and hung out his balcony and forced to drink piss.. All because Suge wanted the royalties to Ice Ice Baby.
kinda tru..suge aint want the royalties wut happend was sum1 else produced it or sum sh#t n ice aint pay the dude, so the dude went 2 suge n suge thugged ice 4 the money
 07-06-2005, 07:44 PMaway - #159
Luda848 

d 
space
$268 | 1856
Yeah, I remember there was a rumour going around in like 2002 that Nas was on murd3r Inc., but he was never actually signed...
 07-06-2005, 09:23 PMaway - #160
dblock187s 8 heat pts

d 
space
$6,578 | 17842289
Out Of This Whole sh#t Its Like 50/50 Some Real Some Fake Only sh#t I Kno Is

50cent The Rapper Was Shot 2 Times News Paper Said So N His Former Right Hand Bangem Smurf Said So

Black Child From murd3r Inc st@bbed 50cent The Rapper, He Said So On The Beef Dvd

And Most Of This sh#t Is Some Wwf Stuff That Most People Believe And This Guys Are Gettin Rich Off People Like The People On Boxden, Like Be For Real Dmx Said Doggs Talk To Him N All That Crazy sh#t Then He Goes Platinum N If These ni##as k!lled As Many People As They Said They Wouldve Been Locked Up Think My ni##as..........

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL The Official Week 7: San Francisco 49ers vs. Denver Bron..
773 comments
NCAAF CFB What we learned week 8 #ThankYouBasedJameis
90 comments
NBA Will Kobe finally make it out the first round w/o having..
95 comments
 Video inside Baby Comes Out Of The Closet In Front Of Live Audience...
New reply 1 minute ago - 100 comments - by polorsport2345
  2014 World's Hardest Riddle
New reply 11 minutes ago - 146 comments - by HeatMafia410
  Oct 18 - Boy, 15, In Critical Condition After Being Ga...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 136 comments - by Jumpoff21
  Hip-hop Careers That Joe Budden Has Ended
New reply 17 minutes ago - 106 comments - by Hieroglyphic
 NBA Michael Rapaport Spittin That Lebron Ether On First Take
New reply 8 minutes ago - 105 comments - by CrimeEthics
 Image(s) inside Tyga,24 & Kylie Jenner ,17 Spotted In France
New reply 18 minutes ago - 127 comments - by Carlton Black
 Image(s) inside Name 3 Things Your Hometown Is Famous For
New reply 9 minutes ago - 81 comments - by Kwestluv91
  Encounters With Rappers / Did A Rapper Grow Up In You...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 125 comments - by Supreme90

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,828 fans of BX | none new today 4,788 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.