b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Gunplay Comes Clean On Drug Addiction Battles: "I Was On Cocaine Since Like, 10, 12 Years"

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Gunplay Comes Clean On Drug Addiction Battles: "I Was On Cocaine Since Like, 10, 12 Years"
topic by d2921 - 06-10-2013, 05:55 AM

"I was on cocaine since, like, 10 years, 12 years, something like that. I wasn't junktified where I was stealing stuff and stuff like that, but it was my thing," he said when he appeared on "RapFix Live" on Wednesday. "I have a strong will. I quit cigarettes early this year, cold turkey. Whatever I put my mind to, whatever I wanna do, I'm strong like that. If I wanted to quit smoking refer -- it's nothing."

Gun says his moment of clarity came several years ago and after a bit of self-reflection he decided to leave coke alone. "That happened Memorial [Day] Weekend 2008," he recalled. "I was on the beach, I was just goin' hard and just took my last blast and said, 'Man, I'm tired of my nose hurtin', tired of looking all drawed up." Without the drug, Gunplay said he now sees a difference in his music as well. "The drugs just enhance what you're thinking but when you're sober, you speak from the heart and it's not just rambling on -- it makes sense," he said. "Now you get to analyze every word and every bar and you make sure everything is on time."

"I do drugs, I don't let drugs do me so I always had a handle on it," Gunplay explained in an interview. "It was just when I was ready to stop messing with certain things, it got blown up. No drugs, no b*tches can f*ck my business up. Once it starts interfering with my business and I saw it taking a toll on my health, my attitude, my outlook on life, I just said 'I'm tired of this ####' and I just quit it altogether. Cold turkey. No rehab, no re -- yeah I did relapse because I went to Colombia for Christ sakes, d*mn [Laughs]. I went over [there] and I relapsed. I said I was gonna relapse, I did it and I came back over here and I haven't touched it since. And I don't plan on touching it."

Gunplay Comes Clean On Drug Addiction Battles: "I Was On Cocaine Since Like, 10, 12 Years" | SOHH.COM

11 comments for "Gunplay Comes Clean On Drug Addiction Battles: "I Was On Cocaine Since Like, 10, 12 Years""

06-10-2013, 07:40 AMaway - #2
dlettern 4 heat pts

d 
space
$8,834 | POWERFUL
I don't know about y'all but this dude is alright with me. Seems like a real genuine cat. His music has been going hard lately too. He might #### around and blow up like 2 chainz.....Gunplay is much better than 2 chainz BTW
 06-10-2013, 07:51 AMaway - #3
loyola llothta 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$3,872 | POWERFUL
#### em with his fake a$s
 06-10-2013, 09:12 AMonline - #4
ajeana 1086 heat pts1086

d 
space
$6,001 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dlettern
I don't know about y'all but this dude is alright with me. Seems like a real genuine cat. His music has been going hard lately too. He might #### around and blow up like 2 chainz.....Gunplay is much better than 2 chainz BTW
Did he mention anything about him getting his chain back from 50, think the chain @ Gunit offices
 06-10-2013, 09:20 AMaway - #5
SystmOvrload 

d 
space
$196 | 924616
^^^^ meanwhile your the lame sitting on the internet with ####ty grammar, unable to properly use quotations and capital letters, talking about his chain.

meanwhile 50 isolates himself from the world and talks about his new album that has been pushed back more times than I can count.

06-10-2013, 12:00 PMonline - #6
ajeana 1086 heat pts1086

d 
space
$6,001 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SystmOvrload
^^^^ meanwhile your the lame sitting on the internet with ####ty grammar, unable to properly use quotations and capital letters, talking about his chain.

meanwhile 50 isolates himself from the world and talks about his new album that has been pushed back more times than I can count.

06-10-2013, 12:08 PMaway - #7
cankstoochie 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$11,950 | POWERFUL
U guys really believe a junky?
 06-10-2013, 12:19 PMaway - #8
Bobby's World 5 heat pts

d 
space
$8,541 | POWERFUL
Good for him. Mainman can rap, but G-Unit still tore the fur off him just like he was a crackhead from up the way tho.
 06-10-2013, 12:47 PMaway - #9
KnicksLost 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$39,764 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by loyola llothta
#### em with his fake a$s
yeah cus you put the beats on him
 06-10-2013, 12:52 PMaway - #10
A-N-D-1 155 heat pts155

d 
space
$3,202 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by d2921
..."I do drugs, I don't let drugs do me so I always had a handle on it,"...

Don't all junkies say this?
 06-10-2013, 12:54 PMaway - #11
Stillhyphy 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$6,638 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dlettern
did you for once really just write something positive about a rapper who raps about everything you hate and complain about everyday on here??
Im shocked. this is new
 06-10-2013, 01:31 PMaway - #12
Playa 69 heat pts69

d 
space
$22,279 | POWERFUL
Lobo can spit tho

Image inside  Dec 19 - Monster Three-foot “Rat” found in New York C..
102 comments
Dec 19 - STUDY: Men choose Internet pron over marriage for sex
82 comments
NBA Rondo era is over in Boston. RT @SportsCenter Celtics ag..
255 comments
 Image(s) inside Bobby Shmurda & Gs9 Charged With 21 Counts Of Havi...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 297 comments - by sdot216
 Video inside Ll Cool J And Canibus Performing 4,3,2,1 At Barclays
New reply 5 minutes ago - 77 comments - by RoyceDa59
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 180 comments - by KingMahaat
 Article inside Full 63 Page Bobby Shmurda/gs9 Indictment
New reply 6 minutes ago - 269 comments - by Nickel
 Image(s) inside Dec 18 - Tsarnaev Appears In Court For 1st Time Since ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 113 comments - by phantomnation
  Halo 5 Beta Starts Dec 19 - 21 For Preview Members Only
New reply 8 minutes ago - 143 comments - by LaRy BLanco
  Nintendo Is Knocking It Out Of The Park With Amiibo.
New reply 3 minutes ago - 56 comments - by K1
  Bieber Had 3.5m Fake Followers On Instagram
New reply 8 minutes ago - 65 comments - by sammy1990

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,901 fans of BX | none new today 4,845 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.