This is BX @ Boxden.com

Gunplay Comes Clean On Drug Addiction Battles: "I Was On Cocaine Since Like, 10, 12 Years"

Gunplay Comes Clean On Drug Addiction Battles: "I Was On Cocaine Since Like, 10, 12 Years"
topic by d2921 - 06-10-2013, 04:55 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

"I was on cocaine since, like, 10 years, 12 years, something like that. I wasn't junktified where I was stealing stuff and stuff like that, but it was my thing," he said when he appeared on "RapFix Live" on Wednesday. "I have a strong will. I quit cigarettes early this year, cold turkey. Whatever I put my mind to, whatever I wanna do, I'm strong like that. If I wanted to quit smoking refer -- it's nothing."

Gun says his moment of clarity came several years ago and after a bit of self-reflection he decided to leave coke alone. "That happened Memorial [Day] Weekend 2008," he recalled. "I was on the beach, I was just goin' hard and just took my last blast and said, 'Man, I'm tired of my nose hurtin', tired of looking all drawed up." Without the drug, Gunplay said he now sees a difference in his music as well. "The drugs just enhance what you're thinking but when you're sober, you speak from the heart and it's not just rambling on -- it makes sense," he said. "Now you get to analyze every word and every bar and you make sure everything is on time."

"I do drugs, I don't let drugs do me so I always had a handle on it," Gunplay explained in an interview. "It was just when I was ready to stop messing with certain things, it got blown up. No drugs, no b*tches can f*ck my business up. Once it starts interfering with my business and I saw it taking a toll on my health, my attitude, my outlook on life, I just said 'I'm tired of this ####' and I just quit it altogether. Cold turkey. No rehab, no re -- yeah I did relapse because I went to Colombia for Christ sakes, d*mn [Laughs]. I went over [there] and I relapsed. I said I was gonna relapse, I did it and I came back over here and I haven't touched it since. And I don't plan on touching it."

Gunplay Comes Clean On Drug Addiction Battles: "I Was On Cocaine Since Like, 10, 12 Years" | SOHH.COM

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

11 comments for "Gunplay Comes Clean On Drug Addiction Battles: "I Was On Cocaine Since Like, 10, 12 Years""

06-10-2013, 06:40 AMaway - #2
dlettern 4 heat pts

d 
space
$8,834 | POWERFUL
I don't know about y'all but this dude is alright with me. Seems like a real genuine cat. His music has been going hard lately too. He might #### around and blow up like 2 chainz.....Gunplay is much better than 2 chainz BTW
 06-10-2013, 06:51 AMaway - #3
loyola llothta 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$3,873 | POWERFUL
#### em with his fake a$s
 06-10-2013, 08:12 AMaway - #4
ajeana 1020 heat pts1020

d 
space
$5,686 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dlettern
I don't know about y'all but this dude is alright with me. Seems like a real genuine cat. His music has been going hard lately too. He might #### around and blow up like 2 chainz.....Gunplay is much better than 2 chainz BTW
Did he mention anything about him getting his chain back from 50, think the chain @ Gunit offices
 06-10-2013, 08:20 AMaway - #5
SystmOvrload 

d 
space
$194 | 924616
^^^^ meanwhile your the lame sitting on the internet with ####ty grammar, unable to properly use quotations and capital letters, talking about his chain.

meanwhile 50 isolates himself from the world and talks about his new album that has been pushed back more times than I can count.

06-10-2013, 11:00 AMaway - #6
ajeana 1020 heat pts1020

d 
space
$5,686 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SystmOvrload
^^^^ meanwhile your the lame sitting on the internet with ####ty grammar, unable to properly use quotations and capital letters, talking about his chain.

meanwhile 50 isolates himself from the world and talks about his new album that has been pushed back more times than I can count.

06-10-2013, 11:08 AMaway - #7
cankstoochie 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$10,804 | POWERFUL
U guys really believe a junky?
 06-10-2013, 11:19 AMonline - #8
Bobby's World 5 heat pts

d 
space
$8,157 | POWERFUL
Good for him. Mainman can rap, but G-Unit still tore the fur off him just like he was a crackhead from up the way tho.
 06-10-2013, 11:47 AMaway - #9
KnicksLost 9 heat pts

d 
space
$37,417 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by loyola llothta
#### em with his fake a$s
yeah cus you put the beats on him
 06-10-2013, 11:52 AMaway - #10
A-N-D-1 154 heat pts154

d 
space
$3,169 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by d2921
..."I do drugs, I don't let drugs do me so I always had a handle on it,"...

Don't all junkies say this?
 06-10-2013, 11:54 AMaway - #11
Stillhyphy 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$5,335 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dlettern
did you for once really just write something positive about a rapper who raps about everything you hate and complain about everyday on here??
Im shocked. this is new
 06-10-2013, 12:31 PMaway - #12
Playa 68 heat pts68

d 
space
$22,022 | POWERFUL
Lobo can spit tho

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Jul 28 - Orthodox Jews with herpes need to stop applying ‘direc..
58 comments
Image inside  Angelica charrupi >> instawife
51 comments
Video inside  The Last Of Us: Remastered Review! (IGN, Gamespot)
50 comments
 NBA Derrick Rose: 'it's Gonna Be Funny' Watching Doubters ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 65 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK
 Image(s) inside Beautiful Mixed Mami Miss Kara Kara
New reply 13 minutes ago - 85 comments - by daddy31+2
 Video inside The Last Of Us Remastered Drops On Tuesday, You Copping?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 61 comments - by QB Eagles
 NBA Who You With? 1, 2, 3, Or 4
New reply 18 minutes ago - 153 comments - by Brolic
 Image(s) inside Jr Writer Got Locked Up For Attempted Robbery In The 2...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 96 comments - by castro
 NBA The B!tch A$$ N!gga That Is Kobe Bryant (video)
New reply 20 minutes ago - 62 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NBA Breaking: Byron Scott New Lakers Hc
New reply 12 minutes ago - 100 comments - by BronxBombers
 Video inside Aaron Hall: Any B*tch That Say My D*ck Is Small Is Lying
New reply 23 minutes ago - 126 comments - by GoldBluded

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.