This is BX @ Boxden.com

Gucci Mane Wants to Squash Beef with Waka Flocka!!!

Gucci Mane Wants to Squash Beef with Waka Flocka!!!
topic by Nasty Neighbor - 05-27-2013, 06:49 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

Gucci Mane talks about signing Chief Keef to Bricksquad, being locked up with Young Scooter, and how he and Waka Flocka "always work it out".

Gucci Mane has had a busy year. So far he's starred in Harmony Korine's "Spring Breakers", released 5 mixtapes, been in and out of jail, and had a highly publicized beef with Waka Flocka Flame. That's not even mentioning his new album Trap House III which dropped last week, and his recent Brick Squad signee Chief Keef. Gucci spoke with XXL, detailing much of his busy year, including his time spent in the pen with Young Scooter, his recent love affair with auto-tune, studio-life, and his belief that he and Waka will work things out eventually.

Check out some choice excerpts from the interview below.

XXL: There was reportedly an issue with iTunes releasing Trap House III a few days later than originally planned. What happened there?

Gucci Mane: They said that some of the files we had sent to them was corrupted, so it was some sort of technical error. They apologized for it. I donít think they did it on purpose, Ďcause they get a percentage of that too. So it was unfortunate, but itís the No. 3 album on iTunes right now.

ďHell YesĒ and ďPoint In My LifeĒ are great. Youíre really doing a lot with the Auto-Tune.

I love that #### man. I could do that #### good. Thatís why I keep ####ing with it.

The album was initially supposed to come out in July. What made you bump it up?

I really wanted to drop something before Memorial Day Weekend. I always felt like Memorial Day Weekend is the beginning of the summer, so as a strategic move I felt I needed to drop something for the hood. To coincide with people going to Myrtle Beach and people going to Puerto Rico and people going to Miami. I wanted my music to be the theme music for the summer.

Youíve dropped five mixtapes this year in addition to this album. Do you ever leave the studio?

I donít even go to sleep. I just record 24/7. I donít leave the studio because you never know when youíre gonna make a big song that will change the whole situation. Itís not like, ĎTomorrow Iím going to go to the studio from 10 to 6 and the next day Iím going to go from 6 to 12, and then Iím going to make a hit the next day.í One day I might make no songs Ďcause I might be tired or the next day you might not have no good beats. Music comes when it comes, so I always want to be around the music.

What are you working on now?

Iím just working on my Brick Squad group album which will drop this summer. Itíll be me, PeeWee Longway, Young Thug, Dolph and of course Chief Keef. I even got songs with Waka on there. Iím just gonna drop a collection of all the best songs weíve been making. I dropped a mixtape for every artist on my label, so now I feel like itís just time to put our album together and show everybody the chemistry we got together.

Speaking of Waka, whatís going on with you guys right now?

There was more of a miscommunication and things got misconstrued. But we got too much of a good thing. Whatever we got to work out, we always work it out.

Thatís what everybody wants to see happen. So how did you and Keef link up?

He a big fan of mine and I just see a lot of potential in him. I feel like all these years Iíve been in the rap game, thereís a lot of things that I wish I could have did a different way. So I just feel like if nothing else, I just want to give him some advice so that he can just enjoy his career. Just show him that trouble is so easy to get into. Itís really more of a big brother thing. Thereís a business arrangement of course, but I just really like him as a person. He hard. He for real. The young people take to whatís real, what they perceive as authentic.

Is it true that you and Young Scooter were cellmates in jail recently?

Yep. We were locked up in the same jail. Thatís true.

How did you guys spend your time there?

We would see each other in jail. I donít evenÖIím so glad to be out of there. I donít even want to talk about being in jail. I just canít wait Ďtill Scooter come out of there. I understand why somebody on the outside of jail looking in on somebody would want to know about it, but to me, thereís just not much I could say about it.

Scooterís album was also supposed to come out in July. Is that going to be pushed back?

Scooter says he wants to push the album back so he can promote it more. He donít want to just throw his album out there before going out and telling the people how hard he worked on it. Heís got his own label too, and as his partner I got to respect his wishes. Heíll be home soon. Itís unfortunate, but heíll come home soon and reap the benefits of his hard work.

A lot of people were talking about your appearance in Spring Breakers. Do you plan on doing any films again anytime soon?

Thank you man. I really appreciate that. I got another one coming out in June that I executive produced. Itís called The Spot. Itís got me and Keyshia Dior. It got Rocko in it. Itís got like two or three Atlanta comedians in there. Itís like a comedy. It got Scooter in there. It got OJ in there. That #### crazy.

Source: http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/news.5844.html

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics Ľ   share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

52 comments for "Gucci Mane Wants to Squash Beef with Waka Flocka!!!"

05-27-2013, 06:54 PMaway - #2
Player 1 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$20,260 | POWERFUL
Need more Gucci and wake music
 05-27-2013, 06:56 PMaway - #3
SystmOvrload 

d 
space
$196 | 924616
I wonder if Waka will go for it. He said some pretty crazy #### about him.
 05-27-2013, 07:02 PMaway - #4
Fresh Whyte|B 649 heat pts649

d 
space
$38,082 | POWERFUL
His Team Step In and Handle This Interview Very Well. Nice...But I Think Waka Made A Promise That He Wont Do Business With Gucci. That Shyt Seem Personal...
 05-27-2013, 07:04 PMaway - #5
supervillain 191 heat pts191

d 
space
$12,166 | POWERFUL
Don't go for it waka, Gucci showed his true colors! he's unpredictable...

and he aired the laundry...what ever it was should have been handled with a phone call not twitter...

Last edited by supervillain; 05-27-2013 at 07:07 PM..
 05-27-2013, 07:06 PMaway - #6
Zaosyn 255 heat pts255

d 
space
$13,113 | POWERFUL
S..squad
 05-27-2013, 07:08 PMonline - #7
Dee352 163 heat pts163

d 
space
$9,476 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Amen7
Why dont this ni##a just die. ni##az like him dont deserve to live.He's a di$gusting human and a horrible rapper.He's one of them stupid a$s ni##az that dont tke advantage of opportunities because he's to busy doin dumb #### and getting himself in trouble.
this ni##a Amen7
 05-27-2013, 07:12 PMaway - #8
Nasty Neighbor 106 heat pts106

d 
space
$16,271 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Player 1
Need more Gucci and wake music
agreed, gucci be sounding like he's about to fall asleep in half of his songs. he needs to stay awake when he's in the studio
 05-27-2013, 07:21 PMonline - #9
Marlo Stanfield 58 heat pts58

d 
space
$2,108 | POWERFUL
 05-27-2013, 07:21 PMaway - #10
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,659 | 14195846
Originally Posted by YI-Drizzy
agreed, gucci be sounding like he's about to fall asleep in half of his songs. he needs to stay awake when he's in the studio
He's too high to even realize how he sounds........He'd sound 1,000,000,000 times better with rest......6 hrs of sleep would change his whole sound for the better.......
 05-27-2013, 07:29 PMaway - #11
keejee 126 heat pts126

d 
space
$8,622 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Fresh Whyte
His Team Step In and Handle This Interview Very Well. Nice...But I Think Waka Made A Promise That He Wont Do Business With Gucci. That Shyt Seem Personal...
like he made a promise that he'd retire after his "triple f life" album, or that he'd never #### with wiz again?

they gon squash this ####
 05-27-2013, 07:38 PMaway - #12
YungPrinceNY 408 heat pts408

d 
space
$5,651 | POWERFUL
Why dont this ni##a just die. ni##az like him dont deserve to live.He's a di$gusting human and a horrible rapper.He's one of them stupid a$s ni##az that dont tke advantage of opportunities because he's to busy doin dumb #### and getting himself in trouble.
this ni##a blood is boiling lol
 05-27-2013, 07:44 PMonline - #13
Gouki 8 heat pts

d 
space
$3,929 | POWERFUL
You sound like a COMPLETE ####.
 05-27-2013, 07:53 PMaway - #14
Kontrast0 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$22,399 | POWERFUL
Wop!!
 05-27-2013, 07:57 PMaway - #15
Player 1 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$20,260 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by YI-Drizzy
Damn you know what he does sound like that sometimes
 05-27-2013, 07:58 PMaway - #16
JBAL NY 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$6,208 | POWERFUL
Take your own advice
 05-27-2013, 07:58 PMaway - #17
dejordan 

d 
space
$1,537 | 3707143
bricksquad group album this summer!
 05-27-2013, 08:13 PMaway - #18
SystmOvrload 

d 
space
$196 | 924616
Hey Amen, he does seem to be taking advantage of opportunities. Last time I checked his latest album is on iTunes selling well, and you are sitting in front of your computer screaming and smashing the keyboard during your feeble attempts to express yourself.

I find it sad that you have so much hate for someone who doesn't give 2 ####s about you, has more money then you will ever have and ####s more bad ####es then you ever will. I'm not saying Gucci is a good guy by any means but you just come off as jealous and bitter.

u mad
 05-27-2013, 08:23 PMaway - #19
keejee 126 heat pts126

d 
space
$8,622 | POWERFUL
this ni##a again

Originally Posted by SystmOvrload
Hey Amen, he does seem to be taking advantage of opportunities. Last time I checked his latest album is on iTunes selling well, and you are sitting in front of your computer screaming and smashing the keyboard during your feeble attempts to express yourself.

I find it sad that you have so much hate for someone who doesn't give 2 ####s about you, has more money then you will ever have and ####s more bad ####es then you ever will. I'm not saying Gucci is a good guy by any means but you just come off as jealous and bitter.

u mad

ohhhh...you aint know?

How you gone have an avi of legend but say Gucci is technically good, SIT YO DUMB a$s DOWN. This ni##a is trash,aint never been poppin. I LIVE IN GA #### ni##a. WENT TO SCHOOL WITH GUCCI. THE ni##a IS TRASH. HES BEEN DISSIN LATELY CAUSE NOBODY IN THE A" LISTENS TO HIS GARBAGE a$s music, Drops 50 mixtapes a year,yet cant sell albums. He aint even went gold in his ENTIRE career.

This speaks volumes about the dumb a$s #### ni##az that actually support him. HE ONLY DISSES FOR ATTENTION Cause he dying for buzz. The fake beef with Flocka? T.i will murk this wack a$s ni##a lyrically and ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE. SAY IM LYING I'LL SPIT IN YO MAMA'S FACE AND YO KIDS. THIS GOES FOR ALL YOU #### ni##aZ. T.I IS GONNA EAT THIS ni##a ALIVE.

ALL OF YOU #### N1GGAZ WAS ON TROUBLE AND DTE di#k WHEN THEY TRIED TO DISS TIP. THEY SHOULD BE ON AN EPISODE OF "WHERE ARE THEY NOW"

THE SAME WILL HAPPEN TO THAT CRACKHEAD GUCCI.

WHEN TIP GOT AT THEY a$s WHAT HAPPENED? NONE OF THEM LAME a$s WACK,DISSIN FOR ATTENTION ni##aZ POPPIN NOW ARE THEY? STFU ####
Originally Posted by keejee
Finally, we got an explanation for your hatred toward Gucci.

Guwop ####ed your shone Amen7???

30+ yrs old, and still ranting like a fool on the internet on a ni##a you went to high school with (way way way back then) Amen7???

COTDAMN Amen?!?

Get Money ni##a.
 05-27-2013, 08:41 PMaway - #20
DrX 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$34,926 | POWERFUL
lol u sure that was gucci in this interview?

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Sep 29 - NY Man Who Biked Around The World Killed by ..
83 comments
NFL Steve Smith : "I ran around the Panthers like they were ..
81 comments
NFL LeSean McCoy ďembarrassedĒ by 17-yard performance
71 comments
 Image(s) inside Rick Ross & Friends Tweet Photos Of Meek Mill In J...
New reply 1 minute ago - 99 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Big Fendi Tells All At The Breakfast Club: Discovering...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 81 comments - by BreakfastClub
 NBA Lebron's Hair Is Gone Again! (pic)
New reply 4 minutes ago - 196 comments - by pandadays
 Image(s) inside Young Buck Defies The Law Of Physics By Transferring ...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 98 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside The Chipotle Loophole...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 115 comments - by shadydre85
 Image(s) inside Missy Elliott Spotted In Atlanta Night Club (photos)
New reply 24 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Whoo
 Image(s) inside Wiz And Amber Before The Divorce
New reply 5 minutes ago - 64 comments - by kronzsw
 NFL My Shorties A Cowboys Fan.....is Her Assessment Accura...
New reply 31 minutes ago - 135 comments - by Balenciaga

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,816 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.