Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Drake did NOT have a privileged childhood.

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
218 viewing
 Image inside The Internet Already Making A Mockery Out Of Jay Z..
155 comments
most viewed right now
120 viewing
 Image inside Kylie Jenner Posts Her 'Raciest B1kini Pictures Ye..
19 comments

top in section
76 viewing
 BOX Ms. Parker from Friday: "I Like Floyd Mayweather Jr."
top in sports
top in section
28 viewing
 Video inside Mortal Kombat X: First 25 Minutes of Gameplay
top in games

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Drake did NOT have a privileged childhood.
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:02 PMJoined Sep 2006 - away - #101
Da Realness 2 heat pts space
I Don't Know You.
space
$12,418 | POWERFUL
LMAO.. its okay if he grew up privileged... it aint like the n*gga is tryin to act like he from the hood or had alot of struggles. the fact he didnt grow up in hard times won't fu*k his image up...

i never understood why kids are so concerned about this sh*t. does every rapper have to come up from struggles?
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:31 PMJoined Oct 2004 - away - #102
Skystar275  space
space
$274 | 320865
Originally Posted by HotBYoungTurk
wtf does it matter if he was privelged or not?
he said glass of moscato. I seen it never got it though, I just wanna know if they was a priviledged childhood or one of those rough ones
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:46 PMJoined Jun 2011 - away - #103
g4 rich  space
space
$74 | 237375
Originally Posted by fataldawg
fu*k outta here. Dude grew up in a nice a.ss house with a mom that made sure he always had food. What a spoiled piece of sh*t.

i grew up in trenton nj (LOOK UP GANGLAND s3x MONEY murder BLOODS) and my mom made sure i ate so you said that to say?
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:48 PMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #104
jeehtoven 44 heat pts44 space
b00tyologist
space
$5,474 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by pkilla111
drake wasn't handed sh*t though

i believe that

that n*gga works harder than anybody

they told him he would never make it in the music industry

look at him

imagine he listened to them
n*gga ask anyone who is successful and they'll tell you they went through the same sh*t.

That doesn't justify the fact that TS thinks that drake isn't privileged. it's nothing to be ashamed of. Not like he had a choice.

as*holes like the TS need to recognize REAL people who really came up from nothing. TS probably just started listening to rap two weeks ago.
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:55 PMJoined Dec 2009 - away - #105
MakaveliToDon91 7 heat pts space
space
$2,301 | 13543277
drake's frontin a lil bit. i mean i doubt he was some rich n*gga wit multi-millionaire parents but he prolly grew up wealthy and comfortable u feel me. this shouldnt be an issue tho, cuz he never rap about being gangsta. he used to rap hard before he blew up n sh*t, but all he talk about is girl problems. he sings and all that BS, so he never claimed to be a hard thug from the gutter. he got them occasional lines like "catch a body like that", or "like a sprained ankle I aint nuthin to play wit"; but thats part of bein a rapper...u gotta be c*cky and throw in those lines occasionally, everyone does it.
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:59 PMJoined Aug 2011 - away - #106
Kun 9 heat pts space
space
$201 | 4760462
Originally Posted by jeehtoven
n*gga ask anyone who is successful and they'll tell you they went through the same sh*t.

That doesn't justify the fact that TS thinks that drake isn't privileged. it's nothing to be ashamed of. Not like he had a choice.

as*holes like the TS need to recognize REAL people who really came up from nothing. TS probably just started listening to rap two weeks ago.
I dont have an opinion on his childhood one way or the other, I just stated the title like that to make it an attractive talking point.

Hot Topic brah'
Unread 11-16-2011, 06:54 PMJoined Jan 2011 - away - #107
ahenson 55 heat pts55 space
space
$1,064 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sam Rothstein
Being on a television show in your early teens, that's poverty? Your life is just beginning at this stage you can't relate to not having because you didn't even know the significance of not having. If mommy told you, "Santa didn't show up this year," you were probably gullible enough to believe her and probably walked outside happy as fu*k on Christmas saying, "Santa forgot my house, but mommy said he's coming next week with my PlayStation."
the fu*k are you talking about nigggga?
Unread 11-16-2011, 07:25 PMJoined Sep 2006 - away - #108
ProLogic  space
Memphis.
space
$4,633 | 8220503
The amount of hate Drake receives....Its just...mind boggling. So what if he didn't slang crack? Is this n*gga rapping about selling packs to his teachers and neighbors? The reason why some of these cats hatin' is because they're broke. Its that simple. "OH MY GOD DRAKE WEARING A SWEATER! HE'S NOT GANGSTER!" Man, FOH. Ppl bringing up old baby pictures....Mufukas acting like their parents didn't dress them up in goofy lookin sh*t. But I must remind myself...half u cats might not have had parents who cared to dress ya'll at all...

Comparing this guys life to DMX? Really? Compare their songs...then see how stupid you look.
Unread 11-16-2011, 07:41 PMJoined Dec 2004 - away - #109
jasonrcruz  space
space
$1,225 | 1715508
Disclaimer: I think take care is one of the worst rap albums I've ever heard. That ghost face review is suppose to be a joke but I totally agree with it. So don't call me a drake stan.

In saying that...are you guys really mad at someone for not growing up poor. So when you guys have kids, I guess you wanna raise them poor right?
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:34 PMJoined Mar 2010 - away - #110
Alphaomega 1 heat pts space
space
$343 | 2535674
at the end of it all, Drake doesnt make music about hood sh*t. Why act like he should have some sh*tty childhood/ life that leads him to make music that our girlfriends (or some of y'alls boyfriends ) listen to? If he works hard and makes music that Birdman wants to fu*k him to, thats his business. let this dude live
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:39 PMJoined Jun 2007 - on now - #111
Playa 70 heat pts70 space
The One
space
$22,527 | POWERFUL
You can't really hate a man for having to stand on his own two. It seems like his only options were to ask for handout from his uncle or find a way to profit from art.
Unread 11-16-2011, 10:31 PMJoined Nov 2011 - away - #112
Vitamin G 3 heat pts space
SoleFoodU.com
space
$63 | 1866533
This sh*t stupid as fu*k. fu*k is matter if this man was provided for? He had a single mom who made sure he got his. Why the hell would any human being settle for less? He aint your favorite rapper cause he aint slang sh*t. Child please, your favorite rappers aint doin half the sh*t they say they do. If growing up not worrying about food and living is a problem then sh*t homie im guilty. Shouldve told my moms stop working hard and make life hard on me so one day i can become a "hard" and struggle for my family. sh*ts retarded, your music is considered good or bad whether or not you came from the good or the bad.
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:55 AMJoined May 2004 - away - #113
YOUNGZERO 2 heat pts space
Proper Techno & G-House
space
$5,229 | 15881226
tl;dr who the fu*k gives a fu*k though. No one respects this guy.

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
202 viewing
Article inside 42 ADMITTED False Flag Attacks  
112 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
33 viewing
Video inside Passed Out in the Middle of the Freeway
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Video inside Tamar Braxton crying cuz Chris Brown gave her light..
134 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside and i get high with my baby  
142 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside any of you seen dame dash's movie?  
49 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
20 viewing
NBA 2K15 will be $10 on Amazon if James Harden + John Wall..
328 comments
@games
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Video inside The most classic Rap City freestyle ever
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Mar 29 - March to martial law? Undercover Special Forces t..
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Audio inside Wiz Khalifa & Curren$y-Uber Driver (Prod by Sledgren)
39 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time