This is BX @ Boxden.com

Drake did NOT have a privileged childhood.

Drake did NOT have a privileged childhood.
 11-16-2011, 01:02 PMaway - #101
Da Realness 2 heat pts

d 
space
$12,417 | POWERFUL
LMAO.. its okay if he grew up privileged... it aint like the ni##a is tryin to act like he from the hood or had alot of struggles. the fact he didnt grow up in hard times won't #### his image up...

i never understood why kids are so concerned about this ####. does every rapper have to come up from struggles?
 11-16-2011, 01:31 PMaway - #102
Skystar275 

d 
space
$211 | 215859
Originally Posted by HotBYoungTurk
wtf does it matter if he was privelged or not?
he said glass of moscato. I seen it never got it though, I just wanna know if they was a priviledged childhood or one of those rough ones
 11-16-2011, 01:46 PMaway - #103
g4 rich 

d 
space
$74 | 237375
Originally Posted by fataldawg
#### outta here. Dude grew up in a nice a$s house with a mom that made sure he always had food. What a spoiled piece of ####.

i grew up in trenton nj (LOOK UP GANGLAND s3x MONEY murd3r BLOODS) and my mom made sure i ate so you said that to say?
 11-16-2011, 01:48 PMaway - #104
jeehtoven 42 heat pts42

d 
space
$5,430 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by pkilla111
drake wasn't handed #### though

i believe that

that ni##a works harder than anybody

they told him he would never make it in the music industry

look at him

imagine he listened to them
ni##a ask anyone who is successful and they'll tell you they went through the same ####.

That doesn't justify the fact that TS thinks that drake isn't privileged. it's nothing to be ashamed of. Not like he had a choice.

####s like the TS need to recognize REAL people who really came up from nothing. TS probably just started listening to rap two weeks ago.
 11-16-2011, 01:55 PMaway - #105
MakaveliToDon91 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,186 | 12843191
drake's frontin a lil bit. i mean i doubt he was some rich ni##a wit multi-millionaire parents but he prolly grew up wealthy and comfortable u feel me. this shouldnt be an issue tho, cuz he never rap about being gangsta. he used to rap hard before he blew up n ####, but all he talk about is girl problems. he sings and all that BS, so he never claimed to be a hard thug from the gutter. he got them occasional lines like "catch a body like that", or "like a sprained ankle I aint nuthin to play wit"; but thats part of bein a rapper...u gotta be c#cky and throw in those lines occasionally, everyone does it.
 11-16-2011, 01:59 PMaway - #106
Kun 6 heat pts

d 
space
$172 | 3377960
Originally Posted by jeehtoven
ni##a ask anyone who is successful and they'll tell you they went through the same ####.

That doesn't justify the fact that TS thinks that drake isn't privileged. it's nothing to be ashamed of. Not like he had a choice.

####s like the TS need to recognize REAL people who really came up from nothing. TS probably just started listening to rap two weeks ago.
I dont have an opinion on his childhood one way or the other, I just stated the title like that to make it an attractive talking point.

Hot Topic brah'
 11-16-2011, 06:54 PMaway - #107
ahenson 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$1,064 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sam Rothstein
Being on a television show in your early teens, that's poverty? Your life is just beginning at this stage you can't relate to not having because you didn't even know the significance of not having. If mommy told you, "Santa didn't show up this year," you were probably gullible enough to believe her and probably walked outside happy as #### on Christmas saying, "Santa forgot my house, but mommy said he's coming next week with my PlayStation."
the #### are you talking about nigggga?
 11-16-2011, 07:25 PMaway - #108
ProLogic 

d 
space
$4,497 | 7145070
The amount of hate Drake receives....Its just...mind boggling. So what if he didn't slang crack? Is this ni##a rapping about selling packs to his teachers and neighbors? The reason why some of these cats hatin' is because they're broke. Its that simple. "OH MY GOD DRAKE WEARING A SWEATER! HE'S NOT GANGSTER!" Man, FOH. Ppl bringing up old baby pictures....Mufukas acting like their parents didn't dress them up in goofy lookin ####. But I must remind myself...half u cats might not have had parents who cared to dress ya'll at all...

Comparing this guys life to DMX? Really? Compare their songs...then see how stupid you look.
 11-16-2011, 07:41 PMaway - #109
jasonrcruz 

d 
space
$1,225 | 1715508
Disclaimer: I think take care is one of the worst rap albums I've ever heard. That ghost face review is suppose to be a joke but I totally agree with it. So don't call me a drake stan.

In saying that...are you guys really mad at someone for not growing up poor. So when you guys have kids, I guess you wanna raise them poor right?
 11-16-2011, 09:34 PMaway - #110
Alphaomega 1 heat pts

d 
space
$342 | 2535674
at the end of it all, Drake doesnt make music about hood ####. Why act like he should have some ####ty childhood/ life that leads him to make music that our girlfriends (or some of y'alls boyfriends ) listen to? If he works hard and makes music that Birdman wants to #### him to, thats his business. let this dude live
 11-16-2011, 09:39 PMaway - #111
Playa 68 heat pts68

d 
space
$22,164 | POWERFUL
You can't really hate a man for having to stand on his own two. It seems like his only options were to ask for handout from his uncle or find a way to profit from art.
 11-16-2011, 10:31 PMaway - #112
Vitamin G 3 heat pts

d 
space
$63 | 1866533
This #### stupid as ####. #### is matter if this man was provided for? He had a single mom who made sure he got his. Why the hell would any human being settle for less? He aint your favorite rapper cause he aint slang ####. Child please, your favorite rappers aint doin half the #### they say they do. If growing up not worrying about food and living is a problem then #### homie im guilty. Shouldve told my moms stop working hard and make life hard on me so one day i can become a "hard" and struggle for my family. ####s retarded, your music is considered good or bad whether or not you came from the good or the bad.
 11-17-2011, 06:55 AMaway - #113
YOUNGZERO 2 heat pts

d 
space
$5,229 | 15776173
tl;dr who the #### gives a #### though. No one respects this guy.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 23 - Ebola in NYC
63 comments
Image inside  white girl got azz!!!!!!
66 comments
Image inside  Klay Thompson Still Winning Yoooooooooooooooooo!
132 comments
 Image(s) inside After All These Halloweens, I Never Knew (mind Blown)
New reply 2 minutes ago - 70 comments - by italiansteve
  Phil Spencer On Whether He Would Have Made Xbox One Mo...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 87 comments - by Da Ill One
 Image(s) inside Drake Fires Back At Tyga
New reply 3 minutes ago - 101 comments - by Frankybaby
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spanky’s Gay Acc...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 159 comments - by ajeana
 NCAAF Notre Dame Freshman Wr Justin Brent Dating Legendary F...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 135 comments - by theFREAK
 Video inside Age Of Ultron Trailer 1
New reply 32 minutes ago - 250 comments - by Jesszman
  Tay600 Calls Interscope’s Decision To Drop Chief Keef ...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 99 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK
 Video inside Video Of The Interview That Set Off The 50/cam Beef (c...
New reply 40 minutes ago - 55 comments - by EZ Green

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,797 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.