This is BX @ Boxden.com

Do gangs provide protection to rappers for Advertising them?(Wayne,Birdman, ect)

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Do gangs provide protection to rappers for Advertising them?(Wayne,Birdman, ect)
 09-09-2008, 12:54 PMaway - #81
4REAL 1 heat pts

d 
space
$11,571 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by The N
Good point, but their has to be a reason why he is in that position

protecting the community from other gangs taking over maybe
That's not protecting the community. He's participating in the foolishness if he's actually involved with that crap. If he wants to help the community, he can use his voice and tell the gangs out there to drop their colors and their guns.
 09-09-2008, 12:56 PMaway - #82
Bruce Leeroy 

d 
space
$14,655 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 4REAL
If you're talking about the mid-90s then I'm not so sure. The OG of the set is locked up for about 30 years or so. Treach is affiliated and maybe down with it because he introduced the Cali bloods to the impressionable fools in his neighborhood who ran with the knowledge but I'm not so sure about today in 2008.
I think you're talking about Pele. He's the OG of the GKB set. That's totally different from Double II.
 09-09-2008, 01:01 PMaway - #83
TRiL 

d 
space
$2,108 | 5687722
Originally Posted by DoctorJ
You sure about that!? --- Especially me being from New York during that time...and having lots of fam in Jersey --- I'd personally like to see proof of that.

Even if you did half-assed research, you'd see according to his many auto-biographies online...here's things he's PROUD of, out of his own mouth:

>As a young kid both Treach & Vin Rock hung out with the 118th Street Posse. While never becoming a member, one of the leaders took Treach under his wing, and they did occasionally sell drums for them.
>By the 6th Grade of school, Treach (already a good poet) wanted to be a rapper, and started working with his mother to get poems published.
>He, Vin Rock, & Kay Gee all went to & met at the same high school (East Orange High School)
>At the time, Kay Gee was a grade ahead of them; so only Treach & Vin Rock started working together...primarily with Vinnie being a producer, and Treach being a rapper & dj.
>The first time all 3 performed together was senior talent show; and afterwards formed the group "The New Style".
>After graduation, Treach held a good job at good Grand Union warehouse for about 10 months (would perform nights with The New Style).
>At age 19, Treach was fired from his Grand Union job, and shortly later was arrested for drug selling. When his mother bailed him out, she said he was kicked out of the house.
>Treach went to live with Kay Gee; and to prove to his mother he wasn't a "lost soul" started doing charity/youth center work/being a strong proponent & speaker for birth control.
>In 1988, The New Styles got signed by Sylvia Robinson at Bon Ami Records. They released a 7-song EP, which failed to make a mark and was dropped by the label 1989.
>The group changed their name to "Naughty By Nature", recorded a new demo and went back to performing heavy. They were discovered by Queen Latifah, Shakim Campare, and Mark the 45 King...and were signed to Tommy Boy Records in 1990.
>Treach was quoted in the Spin magazine. "We were broke, but us 3 were good people. We didn't put our money into jewelry or cars or anything like that. We put it all into studio time. And, once we got signed, we totally cut [drug dealing] out completely. We had really intimidating mothers."
>Once Naughty By Nature, Treach came back to his mother, paid for her to goto/finish college and bought her a new home in New Brunswick, NJ.

With all that said...and me living in the area...I HIGHLY doubt Treach was "leader" of any gang. Not saying you're wrong, but most of that is from Treach's mouth himself. I'd really have to see some kind of proof to believe otherwise.
Take it from a resident of the city and someone that is closely affiliated to certain people in his camp, Treach runs Double II.

New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Find me a Soprano's or Breaking Bad scene fu-king with this
103 comments
Video inside  Introducing PS4 Share Play...
57 comments
Video inside  Sunset Overdrive Embargo Lifted early review
104 comments
  The Game.....has One Of The Best Songs Of The Year.
New reply 11 seconds ago - 71 comments - by Littlefinger1
 Image(s) inside Oct 24 - Tlc Cancels Honey Boo Boo Over Mom's Child Mo...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 72 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 MMA Ufc 179: Aldo Vs. Mendes 2 Official Discussion Thread
New reply 3 minutes ago - 183 comments - by Gramz
  Oct 24 - Death Threats Aimed At Boy, 11, Who Bagged Ra...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 67 comments - by messy marv stan
 Image(s) inside She's Cute And All, But Are We Supposed To Ignore This...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 63 comments - by BasedonMars
 NCAAF Week 9 Cfb Thread(top 25 Only)
New reply 21 minutes ago - 360 comments - by JBoogie
 Video inside Rick Ross "the Truth Is More Sinister" Appre...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 109 comments - by JBoogie
 Image(s) inside Alfie From Old Nick Show "my Brother & Me&quo...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 105 comments - by KleanKutt100

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following and 5 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.