This is BX @ Boxden.com

Diggy Simmons: Something To Prove

Diggy Simmons: Something To Prove
23 topic by s7venwords - 08-16-2011, 10:50 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

"I didn't ask my dad to straight off get me on a label or anything, he actually didn't even know about my first mixtape I was making," says Diggy Simmons after making his way through an abundance of shrieking 12-18 year old girls at the PHLI store in Chicago. Since he first appeared on the MTV reality show "Run's House" at an early age, it was evident Diggy wanted to become involved in the industry, but rapping didn't necessarily seem to be first in mind. Fast forward a couple years, and the young buck who once was running around feuding with younger brother Russ, is now touring the nation as a part of BET's Closer To My Dreams Tour.

With the legacy of his family at the back of everyone's mind, Diggy has to yet to allow that pressure to get to him, or to control who he is as an artist even though some people still look at his name and only see a young boy on the MTV hit series, who's father is a Hip Hop legend. When he is asked about the Hip Hop legacy his family holds, Simmons appreciates the respect, but makes it clear he still has plenty to prove, claiming there are still many people out there that still do not know he raps.

Shortly after finishing the interview, I was taken aback by how humble and eager the young emcee is at this time, when he could easily be another version of Willow Smith, banking in on her last name rather than her skill. From rapping over classic Hip Hop tracks such as "Nas Is Like" or "Made You Look" Diggy emerged from the TV spotlight in a quite different manner, making it clear what his style is and how he wants to be perceived as an emcee. Once Diggy finishes up his tour during the third week in August, he is headed straight to LA to finish up his debut LP, which is due by the end of the year. While it is evident Diggy is not the next Kendrick Lamar, his work ethic and recognition for those who came before him give him an edge that is the key to future success in any endeavor.

Diggy Simmons: Something To Prove on Vimeo

Diggy Simmons: Something To Prove - Ruby Hornet

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

24 comments for "Diggy Simmons: Something To Prove"

10-23-2011, 06:30 PMonline - #2
Sean McDevitt 3 heat pts

d 
space
$6,650 | 14701324
everyones saw this kid come up..... dude is humble and true.
 10-23-2011, 10:13 PMaway - #3
2godflow 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$13,380 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TJMcG919
cant respect this. lil wannabe lupe. not a hater but theres underground raps out there trying to come up and saving up for studio time and this lil dude just walks downstairs in his basement equipped with a pool, personalized bball court, and a 4 room studio. not saying he aint talents, just privileged af and theres rappers out there that would take what dude has and turn it into greatness, hes just being mediocre.
wth is that in ur avy. ni##as is gay
 10-23-2011, 10:20 PMaway - #4
brand name 6 heat pts

d 
space
$702 | 7635674
JoJo Lost

10-23-2011, 10:25 PMaway - #5
TheKastOne 

d 
space
$1,481 | 1957542
I don't know if I buy Diggy's character, he is doing a good job but I can only imagine how much his marketing team, yea marketing team which he probably has...is pushing on him.
 10-23-2011, 11:19 PMaway - #6
Ace2125 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$3,852 | 15482223
cant respect this. lil wannabe lupe. not a hater but theres underground raps out there trying to come up and saving up for studio time and this lil dude just walks downstairs in his basement equipped with a pool, personalized bball court, and a 4 room studio. not saying he aint talents, just privileged af and theres rappers out there that would take what dude has and turn it into greatness, hes just being mediocre.
ni##a can rap though and its his time not the ni##as still saving up for studio time plus that avy is ####ing gay of yours
 10-23-2011, 11:30 PMaway - #7
Chase D 58 heat pts58

d 
space
$1,038 | POWERFUL

@ that ni##a's Avy
 10-23-2011, 11:35 PMaway - #8
theblast22 161 heat pts161

d 
space
$23,497 | POWERFUL
bro is that you
 10-23-2011, 11:51 PMaway - #9
young shiz 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,058 | 2503071
I met him during a radio promo tour. Super humble and sincere kid. He actually has talent so if he keeps a good head on his shoulders, he can make some serious noise in the industry.
 10-24-2011, 12:20 AMaway - #10
yeugkk 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$2,940 | 12841526
his uncle literally started hip hop wit that fat jewish santa claus a$s ni##a

best hip hop comes from ni##as who aint got #### n really grinding, or gettin lucky, or learning enuff about the music business

this kids too rich to know ####, he got too much ####
 10-24-2011, 12:24 AMaway - #11
GameBreaker 

d 
space
$1,200 | 1826247
Stupid...This kid comes from a privileged home and has the opportunity to do anything in life, and he chooses becoming a generic rapper.
 10-24-2011, 12:37 AMonline - #12
RedLight 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,728 | 19036345
Here's the thing though, is that his fault he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth? wouldn't ya take advantage if resources we're available to you?

I'm not even going to hate on him because of that, that's life, he did what anyone would've done.

We're going to act like this ain't Russell's nephew? the man who pretty much single handedly took hiphop to the masses? i rather see him rap, than a little rich white kid who doesn't really know anything about hiphop
 10-24-2011, 12:38 AMaway - #13
Dopeskill 

d 
space
$1,057 | 19660683
Originally Posted by GameBreaker
Stupid...This kid comes from a privileged home and has the opportunity to do anything in life, and he chooses becoming a generic rapper.
that should actually make u respect the kid more for doing what he loves...

diggy never spit that hood ####, is humble despite his background, and is trying to come up all on his own without his dad's help. if you wanna call him "generic", go ahead cause that's your opinion on his MUSIC, but stop judging rappers based on where they come from cause that's how all these wack a$s ####ing rappers got so much love over the years. all that matters is if he can make good music.
 10-24-2011, 04:56 AMaway - #14
lifeundthescope 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$6,048 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rinde
Respect....Most People Seem To Forget That The Hungriest Artist Are The Unsigned Ones Who Are Really Going Thru #### & Most Signed Artist Be Lurking The Internet looking for #### to steal...at the end of the day its there word against ours...If Yall #### Wit Hip Hop Support NC because we hungry down here...its way more talent than COLE & PETEY
ROCK WITH YOU (More Than Rap Vol. II)

"If You Feeling It, Feel Free To Check Out The Mixtape
"MORE THAN RAP VOL. II" (THE NAME SAYS IT ALL)
90% Produced By Me & It Has A Strong Message Behind It"
(All The Top Major Artist/Producers Had To Start At Somewhere, & I Feel With The Support Of BX, We Can Make Something Happen, So If You Fan Of Real Music & Want A Positive Vibe To Relate To, Check It Out...I Only Ask For Your Ear & Feedback)

MORE THAN RAP VOL. II

Last edited by lifeundthescope; 10-24-2011 at 04:59 AM..
 10-24-2011, 06:14 AMaway - #15
Retro 72 heat pts72

d 
space
$18,505 | POWERFUL
Lameness is all through this thread. I hate it when people act like rappers absolutely NEED to struggle in order for you to respect them not even knowing that some of the rappers they listen to were almost as well off financially as Diggy is now.

His subject matter is not about a struggle so why can't he spit what he wants to without people attacking him? He can actually spit, which is more than you can say for half the rappers on the radio right now...
 10-24-2011, 09:52 AMaway - #16
Coreyw1014 

d 
space
$974 | 1223854
Yall wack hating on this man......I swear Diggy got the skills to really shine this year....Ya'll str8 gay in this thread!!!
 10-24-2011, 10:52 AMaway - #17
Grown Man Ish 93 heat pts93

d 
space
$13,259 | POWERFUL
hes not even tryna push that persona, but do u really think that some rich kids have no heart or something?

i know alott of rich people and some are stuck up, like alott of hood people are stupid as ####, but some got heart and demand their respect, its about who u are as a person not how u grew up, and although how u grew up influences u it doesnt determine everything, dont think all rich kids are just push overs and marks.......real people are real people no matter what........
 10-24-2011, 12:12 PMaway - #18
Retro 72 heat pts72

d 
space
$18,505 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DallasTexas
respect him for what? if he fails he is still rich...
so his heart will never truly be into because he doesnt have that need to push it to the max
Oh please. You act like everybody rapping is doin it for a paycheck...
 10-24-2011, 01:08 PMaway - #19
cheguevara 47 heat pts47

d 
space
$13,423 | POWERFUL
whoa

i cant believe its grown men in here hating on this young talented dude.

dont have to like his music but to call him stupid and disrespect his grind because he didnt grow up with roaches and a custom made EBT card is whats wrong with the ni##a mentality today.

Shouldnt you want some young clean cut talented kid to rep the generation under you? instead of some lil f#gg0t named Lil chuckee? or would you rather he make some coon jams for you to chicken noodle soup to?

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Charles Barkley Says There Are Only 5 Real Jobs In The W..
78 comments
NBA NBA referee comes out as Gay...Another step forward for ..
78 comments
NBA FG% in last 30 seconds when trailing 3 pts or less since..
50 comments
 MLB David Price To Detroit!
New reply 57 seconds ago - 58 comments - by double a
 NBA Sixers "mockery" Of The League Will Receive ...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 95 comments - by Dee Grande
 Image(s) inside Jul 30 - Boston Thug Rapes 17-yr-old At Keith Urban Co...
New reply 1 minute ago - 85 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Kobe Putting The Moves On Lin (video)
New reply 5 minutes ago - 65 comments - by BronxBombers
 Video inside Raekwon Says He Cant Stand F##king H0mos
New reply 3 minutes ago - 229 comments - by WizLatifa
 Video inside Onyx Interview (fredo Starr & Sticky Fingaz) At Th...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 272 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Video inside The Game Names 7 Ppl That Should Leave The Industry
New reply 3 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Carlton Black
  Gq Magazine Names Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twist...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 169 comments - by CosbySweater

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,741 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.