This is BX @ Boxden.com

Did 2Pac ever claim to be the G.O.A.T????

Did 2Pac ever claim to be the G.O.A.T????
topic by Solitary Genius - 05-22-2008, 06:43 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

Honestly i've never herd him say I'm the greatest rapper of all-time or something close to that he use to just claim how the west was the best side the only rappers i know who have claim to be g.o.a.t are

LL Cool J
Rakim
Jay-Z

i've herd Nas say a list "Who's the best pac, nas, and B.I.G......... but not even him has called himself the G.O.A.T

but have ya niccas herd pac or biggie say they are the g.o.a.t or who is the g.o.a.t of rap??????????

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics Ľ   share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

30 comments for "Did 2Pac ever claim to be the G.O.A.T????"

05-22-2008, 07:01 AMaway - #2
illathruz 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$5,128 | POWERFUL
nah not really. nothing that i can think of. and i've listened to a lot of 2pac. however back then they used to rhyme different. back then rappers used to use "I" as opposed to "you" more often.
 05-22-2008, 07:02 AMaway - #3
slimwillie 

d 
space
$19,771 | POWERFUL
Biggie said he was the goat after He was done making LAD
 05-22-2008, 07:13 AMaway - #4
Skeet23 

d 
space
$369 | 1747108
Naw Pac Said He Wasn't The Greates Rapper But The Realest Rapper As Far As Content But Never Said He Was The G.o.a.t.
 05-22-2008, 07:18 AMaway - #5
TheKid21 

d 
space
$1,231 | 6530959
before big and pac died, i don't think rappers were about promoting themselves as the greatest of all time as much...it was more about putting your city on the map, bringing your peoples up, and getting your message out more than claiming yourself as the king...that was some real !!
 05-22-2008, 07:22 AMaway - #6
BackBlock_OG 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$5,917 | POWERFUL
Nah, Pac never said that !!, and nobody back then thought he was. You didn't hear people start saying that about him until after he died. Back then, I never even heard people mentioning him in their top emcees.
 05-22-2008, 07:29 AMaway - #7
LYTE 44 heat pts44

d 
space
$10,207 | POWERFUL
nah homey. Pac always had a fan base.
but true talk, "self-proclaimed" sh1t is wack.
it's better when it's "critically acclaimed"
 05-22-2008, 07:57 AMaway - #8
Lavares 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$9,436 | 20604374
Originally Posted by Skeet23
Naw Pac Said He Wasn't The Greates Rapper But The Realest Rapper As Far As Content But Never Said He Was The G.o.a.t.

yep....
 05-22-2008, 08:14 AMaway - #9
Cezaroh 

d 
space
$6,851 | 13510771
Originally Posted by LYTE
True !! now a days when rappers say something thease guys will believe it you even got wayne saying he the best rapper alive do you think thats true hell no.Pac never had to say it cause he was proboly not even thinking like that he never really bragged about sales or how much he gave back to the community either.The man was wise and intelligent i could care less if he wasn't the goat to so and so but to me he was point blank.
 05-22-2008, 08:17 AMaway - #10
KingOfNY369 

d 
space
$1,534 | 0
When you're the G.O.A.T. you don't have to claim youself to be that, people already know...Rappers that've claimed themselves to be the G.O.A.T. (LL, Jay-Z, and Rakim) are clearly not. Not to say their music isn't good and influential, but it's just not great. I'm as big a fan of Rakim and Hov as anyone, but neither are the G.O.A.T., and LL's longevity and early contributions to hip-hop make him think he is the G.O.A.T. and that clearly isn'y so. Don't ya'll think it's ironic that the 2 most coveted rappers (B.I.G. & Pac) never had to mention being the best that ever did it because everyone already knew that.
 05-22-2008, 09:49 AMaway - #11
pimpinatl 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,170 | 6538441
Originally Posted by KingOfNY369
When you're the G.O.A.T. you don't have to claim youself to be that, people already know...Rappers that've claimed themselves to be the G.O.A.T. (LL, Jay-Z, and Rakim) are clearly not. Not to say their music isn't good and influential, but it's just not great. I'm as big a fan of Rakim and Hov as anyone, but neither are the G.O.A.T., and LL's longevity and early contributions to hip-hop make him think he is the G.O.A.T. and that clearly isn'y so. Don't ya'll think it's ironic that the 2 most coveted rappers (B.I.G. & Pac) never had to mention being the best that ever did it because everyone already knew that.
WELL PUT...END THREAD
 05-22-2008, 10:02 AMonline - #12
Crown Loyal 

d 
space
$2,365 | 7790836
Back then rappers didn't care about titles like that because it dont really mean !!. As long as you doing your thing and gettin that love nothing else matters. These dude nowadays are starving for recognition thats why we have these arguments today and get it twisted on what a MC is.
 05-22-2008, 10:03 AMonline - #13
Jersey732 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,242 | 16031750
pac never claimed he was goat cause he knew he wasnt
 05-22-2008, 10:21 AMaway - #14
GaryIn'75 1 heat pts

d 
space
$704 | 751896
2pac was the Greatest INFLUENTIAL rapper of all times

www.SELL-ITONLINE.com

Find it Buy it Sell it Online Now!
 05-22-2008, 11:44 AMaway - #15
youngholla 

d 
space
$2,529 | 6630666
dont have a problem with self proclaiming, if your body of work justifies it...
 05-22-2008, 12:07 PMaway - #16
youngholla 

d 
space
$2,529 | 6630666
at the end of the day its all opinion, i personally dont feel like neither pac or biggie are G.O.A.T., i feel rakim and jay are better than both biggie and pac

Last edited by youngholla; 05-22-2008 at 12:15 PM..
 05-22-2008, 12:12 PMaway - #17
REAL_NESS 

d 
space
$12,509 | POWERFUL
How is Rakim CLEARLY not the G.O.A.T. If anything the majority of hip-hop fans can agree Rakim is the greatest

Its all a matter of a opinion anyway

but Rakim >>>> BIG and Pac
 05-22-2008, 12:13 PMaway - #18
Sivraj 66 heat pts66

d 
space
$32,679 | POWERFUL
I think pac was the goat
 05-22-2008, 12:19 PMaway - #19
U.G.K. 

d 
space
$857 | 0
Of course she didnt, cause she knew she was garbage
 05-22-2008, 12:21 PMaway - #20
waytoomuch 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,214 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LYTE
real talk

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Mark Forums Read

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Ice Cube: Ride Along Was "Robbed" at MTV Movie Award..
66 comments
Xbox Uno update coming tonight (Apr 14)
52 comments
MMA Chuck Norris: Bruce Lee and I would have done well in MMA
56 comments
 Video inside Did Master P Ever Get Called Out For Copying "ice...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 51 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Image(s) inside Post Pics: If Bx Was A Person
New reply 23 minutes ago - 79 comments - by mcrw4
 Image(s) inside Paparazzi Still Won't Leave Wale Alone
New reply 4 minutes ago - 82 comments - by GHova315
 Image(s) inside Godfather 50 Posting Pics On Twitter Of All The Famous...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 55 comments - by HipHopFactz
 Video inside 50 Cent - Hustler (official Video)
New reply 14 minutes ago - 86 comments - by Fresh Whyte
 MLB Espn First Take With An Ignorant Tweet On Jackie Robin...
New reply 42 minutes ago - 112 comments - by theFREAK
 audio inside Tony Yayo - Devilís Advocate (feat. Young Buck)
New reply 23 minutes ago - 51 comments - by SM
 NBA Damian Lillard's New Footlocker Commercial "no Ri...
New reply 46 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Motion

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,696 fans of BX | none new today 4,654 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.