This is BX @ Boxden.com

D.L. Hughley Calls Lupe Fiasco “Dumb” For Not Voting

D.L. Hughley Calls Lupe Fiasco “Dumb” For Not Voting
topic by Krazy K - 09-15-2012, 05:26 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

Lupe Fiasco has been vocal about his lack of faith in our political system, and President Obama, but according to comedian D.L. Hughley the rapper’s disposition is dangerous.

Fiasco, who has taken the commander in chief to task on more than one occasion, announced that he has no plans of voting in the forthcoming election. In the eyes of Hughley, Fiasco has a lot to learn. “He’s bright as hell, but dumb in the weight of the world,” he said in an interview. “Young black men are going to listen to him. They are the ones who have decisions made for them, [decisions] that they are not even involved in, which is silly to me. You can’t go through life and not be a participant, and hope things work out for your benefit. When you vote or not vote, you are saying yes or no.

“They want to raise the age of social security from 65 to 68…Black men die at 67. Lupe Fiasco forgets that he’s going to be an old man when he’s looking for a social security check, and he dies right after he gets it.”

Although Fiasco is not prone to holding his tongue, he has admitted to being flawed. “I’m far from being a knowledgeable and wise young man as well,” he said during a recent performance. “I’m somewhere in the middle. I ain’t no saint either.”

For what it’s worth, Fiasco isn’t the only person in Hip-Hop who’s not afraid to say that they won’t vote. Kendrick Lamar also caused controversy for stating that he “doesn’t believe in voting.”
Comedian D.L. Hughley Calls Lupe Fiasco “Dumb” For Not Voting | EbenGregory.com: Culture. News. Truth.

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

129 comments for "D.L. Hughley Calls Lupe Fiasco “Dumb” For Not Voting"

09-15-2012, 05:41 AMaway - #2
Thworldisyours 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$2,068 | 16487664
Get Ja on the phone... I wanna know what he thinks about what DL Hughley thinks about what Lupe thinks about politics!

WHERE IS JA?!?!?!!?

09-15-2012, 06:04 AMaway - #3
Boo The Fool 3 heat pts

d 
space
$12,329 | POWERFUL
I CANT FIND THE REPLY BUTTON TO RESPOND TO THAT ONE COMMENT.IN ADDITION, I CANT FIND ANY SHRED OF EVIDENCE THAT D.L HUGHLEY WAS EVER REMOTELY FUNNY. WHERE IS JA......THIS #### DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

HELP US JA.....THREAD IS IN SHAMBLES RIGHT NOW

WHERE IS JA????

Last edited by Boo The Fool; 09-15-2012 at 06:12 AM..
 09-15-2012, 06:23 AMonline - #4
bony 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$2,030 | POWERFUL
who seriously thinks their vote counts? we've been proven that the popular vote doesnt count... al gore... as long as there is an electoral college, voting will never be fair
 09-15-2012, 06:35 AMaway - #5
abstractq 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,910 | 19249040
black people need to stop voting for these candidates that dont do #### to help us. . .
 09-15-2012, 07:24 AMaway - #6
BangEm904 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$2,037 | 19018336
blacks need 2 read the history of the dem party. the plan is 2 give us so many handouts we remain lazy. i'll post the link in bout 20 mins wen I go on break but no matter if we vote or not, rich folks run this country and the president is just a puppet
 09-15-2012, 07:38 AMonline - #7
240ka 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$11,346 | POWERFUL
any minority especially blacks that dont vote is an idiot. people fought and died for us to have this right. Same goes for kendrick too.

Last edited by 240ka; 09-15-2012 at 07:54 AM..
 09-15-2012, 07:44 AMaway - #8
Maafa 2 heat pts

d 
space
$863 | 3632836
Soo many flaws in what this dude said...
 09-15-2012, 07:50 AMaway - #9
Flatbush85 50 heat pts50

d 
space
$13,572 | POWERFUL
I JUST TOLD JA THE NEWS AND HES ON THE WAY TO GIVE HIS a$sESSMENT! HE DIDNT SOUND TO PLEASED...

WHERE IS JA!!?!!?

09-15-2012, 07:51 AMonline - #10
marcusaka50 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$20,466 | POWERFUL
I will vote just because I know it will make a slight different that if a Obama wins he will help people who aren't rich.

The government is trying to make the america rich people or poor people with no middle class.

Its really not about race no more its about rich vs poor on a bigger scale.

Even tho regardless who is in office rather its republican or democratic a president can't make a decision without it being ok'd.

This is why people say republican or democratic is all the same and the president is a just a figure head.

A president works for both sides at the end of the day.
 09-15-2012, 08:05 AMonline - #11
bmandagod 6 heat pts

d 
space
$2,930 | 16595638
Originally Posted by Boo The Fool
I CANT FIND THE REPLY BUTTON TO RESPOND TO THAT ONE COMMENT.IN ADDITION, I CANT FIND ANY SHRED OF EVIDENCE THAT D.L HUGHLEY WAS EVER REMOTELY FUNNY. WHERE IS JA......THIS #### DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

HELP US JA.....THREAD IS IN SHAMBLES RIGHT NOW

WHERE IS JA????
he was funny...he changed his style up when he got into the white crowds..he used to check the hell out of black crowds in his younger days
 09-15-2012, 09:41 AMaway - #12
Michael_Moore 321 heat pts321

d 
space
$14,481 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Thworldisyours
Get Ja on the phone... I wanna know what he thinks about what DL Hughley thinks about what Lupe thinks about politics!

WHERE IS JA?!?!?!!?

you know CNN gave D.L his own show right?

and God that stupid "where is Ja" is so ####in annoying and played out....

that being said D.L's 100% wrong in this Democrats & Republicans are one in the same,what the hell is the point of voting if you'll be stuck with the same way of living that you just had the previous 4 years?
 09-15-2012, 09:52 AMaway - #13
the coolest 62 heat pts62

d 
space
$3,314 | POWERFUL
Lupe's response @LupeFiasco: Hey Kids Dont be "dumb" like me. Drink Water, Read Books & also Michael Jackson,1million dollars, you feel me? Holla!

their all yours DL.
 09-15-2012, 10:11 AMaway - #14
ROger Rabbit 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$2,464 | 17623391
d.l is a tool clearly
 09-15-2012, 10:19 AMonline - #15
SmokeyTheBlunt 4 heat pts

d 
space
$13,193 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by abstractq
the average American needs to stop voting for these candidates that dont do #### to help us. . .
fixed............

and we've all been taught since grade school that when its all said and done the popular vote doesnt mean #### anyway.............
 09-15-2012, 10:20 AMonline - #16
SmokeyTheBlunt 4 heat pts

d 
space
$13,193 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Michael_Moore
you know CNN gave D.L his own show right?

and God that stupid "where is Ja" is so ####in annoying and played out....

that being said D.L's 100% wrong in this Democrats & Republicans are one in the same,what the hell is the point of voting if you'll be stuck with the same way of living that you just had the previous 4 years?
 09-15-2012, 10:22 AMaway - #17
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$23,265 | POWERFUL
I agree with anyone talking #### about Lupe.
 09-15-2012, 10:36 AMonline - #18
Arson 82 heat pts82

d 
space
$28,205 | POWERFUL
its 100+M legal citizens in this country that don't vote
 09-15-2012, 10:42 AMaway - #19
Martel 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$11,524 | POWERFUL
i hate people like this. since when does not voting make you dumb? Smh. Then if you do vote but not for the person (Obama) that they want you to vote for, you're even dumber. #### happened to me in the 2008 elections. Bunch of hypocrites. #### voting in presidential elections.
 09-15-2012, 11:45 AMaway - #20
RokkyRok 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$5,100 | POWERFUL
Study politics, study the people running, don't just say republicans and democrats are all the same and all just politicians and politicians don't do anything but lie.

The policy these politicians put forth are extremely relevant to our community
Take the affordable care act (Obamacare) relieving the stress on college students by letting them stay on their parents health care plan, It makes insurance cheaper for the masses and requires that folks with pre existing conditions be fairly covered by insurance companies.

It also puts a strain on businesses in that they are forced to provide insurance or face a penalty. It also places a penalty on individuals that choose not to obtain insurance, however not paying the penalty is not punishable by law.

There are also efforts like the keystone pipeline, a work that could have provided hundreds of American jobs to build it and it could have made gas cheaper. It also could have contributed to worsening global warming.

These things affect us all and they are vastly different and have opposition from either of the two parties.

If you don't vote in the presidential election at least vote for your local congressional seat, since they are largely responsible for the legislation that is put forth.

And the electoral college is just another example of why you should vote, because last time I checked delegates were elected officials too.

I'm just sayin.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Whats the BX "Player" verdict for Destiny?
57 comments
Article inside  Destiny is Bungie’s Worst Reviewed Game Ever
67 comments
NFL SHOTS FIRED: Chargers Keenan Allen on Richard Sherman "H..
69 comments
 NBA Kevin Durant Says Allen Iverson 'pound For Pound The B...
New reply 55 seconds ago - 57 comments - by italiansteve
 Article inside Rick Ross Announces "hood Billionaire" Album...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 106 comments - by Steve
 NFL Monday Night Football: Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) Vs In...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 1030 comments - by Loso Luciano24
 Video inside Dj Mustard On How To Make A Hot Beat :dead:
New reply 33 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Stillhyphy
 Video inside The Official Destiny Thread
New reply 9 minutes ago - 672 comments - by BX HD
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Disses Tony Yayo Over Instagram Post About Flo...
New reply 34 minutes ago - 122 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 audio inside Rick Ross - Elvis Presley Blvd (feat Project Pat) (fir...
New reply 18 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Steve
 Video inside In Honor Of Bobby Shmurda: 10 Hip Hop Classics With No...
New reply 38 minutes ago - 91 comments - by Scan

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.