This is BX @ Boxden.com

Controversial/Interesting Discussion: Was 2Pac More Than Just A Rapper & What Did He Mean 2 U?

Controversial/Interesting Discussion: Was 2Pac More Than Just A Rapper & What Did He Mean 2 U?
topic by puffmypiff2k9 - 04-19-2013, 04:27 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

> Controversial/Interesting Discussion: Was 2Pac More Than Just A Rapper & What Did He Mean 2 U? - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Was 2PAC More Than Just A Rapper & What Did He Mean 2 U?

I've been meaning to make this discussion for quite some time now. I've just been trying to get my thoughts together to put them well together because this discussion means so much to me, I didn't just want to give a question and have all hell brake loose.

Tupac been doing his thing since before i was born, and by the time his time was coming to an end, I was prolly still in diapers ####ting on my self. What drew me to 2Pac at a young age when i was about 10 or 11 was of course his praise in the Hip-Hop community, but more importantly his representation of STRENGTH and SURVIVAL. He left so much information with us, that when i was 11 i was intrigued by all the different aspects of pac. whether it was the being alive rumors, his beef with biggie, his music, the praise. I had really become into 2pac. reading his poetry books, watching documentaries about him, reading books on him, listening to his music. Although i was young when i heard songs like "Changes" & "Dear Mama" those songs touched me and sparked ideas that no other songs would.

By the time i was a teenager my curiosity, interest, love, understanding, and praise for 2pac grew. I would watch all his interviews, and was really intrigued by his philosophies on society, de@th, spirituality, religion, race, manhood, etc. There was so many aspects of pac, he definitely sparked my interest in all of those topics and made me want to educate my self on them. I admired that he could protect himself intellectually, despite being a guy from the streets and growing up in lower income communities like i did. I also admired his fearlessness and his desire for change. I was sadden when i first heard an interview with pac saying he wanted to start his own political party for all us "LOST TRIBE MOTHA####AZ" he wanted to get all of us who had the same problem, experiencing poverty, racism, and inequality in america together and initiate change. Those of us in those lower income communities, the working class of america who's voice was not heard. Black, Hispanics, Arabs, Indians, Asians, Native Americans and all the minorities in this country. I was sadden by it, b/c i knew he was special and could of probably pulled it off and made something happen.

When watching documentaries like Thug Angel, i was intrigued by the depiction of 2pac's intellectualism. It definitely inspired me to look up those books that was mentioned that he read. The Prince, Words of Wisdom, Telepathy, and all these other books, that i was surprised he even read. Tupac Inspired me to want to read books, educate myself, and be able to protect myself intellectually.

I already loved 2pac as a person, but his music and his talent stuck a cord with me too. His passion, and his ability to convey his thoughts and feelings to other people is definitely something special. He didn't just touch those who went through what he went through or was going through what he was talking about. But he touched people like me. I've never experiences having a mother who did drugs, Although living and growing up in the hood, i've never experienced having my lights cut off and having nothing to eat. I've never experienced growing up in the streets and being a street dude. But through his music and what he conveyed he took me on a journey and he let me see what it's like and i felt that. So did many people also, who's not even from where i'm from and grew up in middle class or all the way in new zealand or some ####. His approach and talent in music is unmatched. He talked to the people, instead of talking about them.

To me 2Pac was more than just a rapper and a person who made music. He means so much more than that to me. I've learned a lot from him, and continue to do so. He's talked about things that today in 2013 years after he died is still relevant. Even though he's dead, he will always have a place in my heart and I look up to him. He was a great person, and I aspire everyday to obtain certain qualities he had like being real, brave, fearless, smart, ambitious, being able to express yourself well and being caring.

How do yall feel, and for those who feel the same. What is your argument against those who might feel he was not more than just a rapper.

Thank You if took time to read and participate in the discussion. It's much appreciated. I hope you enjoyed it.

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

165 comments for "Controversial/Interesting Discussion: Was 2Pac More Than Just A Rapper & What Did He Mean 2 U?"

04-19-2013, 04:42 PMaway - #2
Bedewe22 1 heat pts

d 
space
$8,184 | POWERFUL
Nope. That ni##a was just a rapper to me.
 04-19-2013, 11:45 PMaway - #3
knowlege bass 

d 
space
$2,368 | POWERFUL
People need parenting, the very fact that people look to rappers as their life inspiration is sad to me. I am not saying music should not inspire emotional response but looking at an artist as a primary source of inspiration is insane.
 04-19-2013, 11:48 PMaway - #4
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$16,919 | POWERFUL
Hov making moves...

Keep the irrelevant Pac threads coming
 04-19-2013, 11:50 PMaway - #5
peeyump 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$18,875 | POWERFUL
yes he was more than just a rapper.....he was also an actor
 04-19-2013, 11:50 PMaway - #6
Yung Chance 103 heat pts103

d 
space
$12,269 | POWERFUL
nothin.gave rappers all that stereotypical bad guy persona after he tried to be something he isnt
 04-19-2013, 11:50 PMaway - #7
mattdogg444 

d 
space
$13,649 | POWERFUL
just an overrated rapper to me
 04-19-2013, 11:56 PMaway - #8
kurtd225 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$7,726 | POWERFUL
Didnt cry but i was hurt.. like damn
 04-20-2013, 01:03 AMonline - #9
Mr Fujaveli 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$10,098 | POWERFUL
Much more than a rapper to me....he's pretty much my idol....he's honestly the main reason I'm doing what I'm doing in life now...He just has this magnetic something about him....he touches people like no one I've ever heard(all genres)....dude was barely 25 years old, that's amazing to me right there....If people stop letting the media paint Pac for them they'll realize that he is (in my opinion) the greatest person ever born.....lol seriously, to me atleast....just watch some of his interviews....he is the only "perfect" rapper......and that's not all skill, its where he came from, who his family is/was....how he grew up....there will never be another.....and 2nite when I pray b4 going to bed(if I don't pass out drunk) I'll do like I do everytime I pray and say goodnight and thank you to the greatest of all time(any genre) Makaveli The Don.....#### y'all hate lol
 04-20-2013, 01:07 AMonline - #10

d 
space
$10,098 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bennnylava
who RAISED you ni##as b?????????
that's obviously excluding THE GREATEST person ever born, my mama, that's who raised me biatch
 04-20-2013, 01:24 AMaway - #11
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$5,121 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mr Fujaveli
Much more than a rapper to me....he's pretty much my idol....he's honestly the main reason I'm doing what I'm doing in life now...He just has this magnetic something about him....he touches people like no one I've ever heard(all genres)....dude was barely 25 years old, that's amazing to me right there....If people stop letting the media paint Pac for them they'll realize that he is (in my opinion) the greatest person ever born.....lol seriously, to me atleast....just watch some of his interviews....he is the only "perfect" rapper......and that's not all skill, its where he came from, who his family is/was....how he grew up....there will never be another.....and 2nite when I pray b4 going to bed(if I don't pass out drunk) I'll do like I do everytime I pray and say goodnight and thank you to the greatest of all time(any genre) Makaveli The Don.....#### y'all hate lol
 04-20-2013, 01:33 AMaway - #12
WCIB 94 heat pts94

d 
space
$14,462 | POWERFUL
Lol @ that Drake quote though. How old was Drake when 2pac died? 7? 8? That ni##a was playing with Barbie dolls at the time so what's that #### supposed to even mean? The ni##a with the Aaliyah tat saying that #### means what now?
 04-20-2013, 01:52 AMaway - #13
Nasty Neighbor 119 heat pts119

d 
space
$17,202 | POWERFUL
1st page

i cried when pac died but thats because i was 5 months old
 04-20-2013, 01:55 AMonline - #14

d 
space
$10,098 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by YI-Drizzy
1st page

lil ####
 04-20-2013, 01:59 AMaway - #15
WCIB 94 heat pts94

d 
space
$14,462 | POWERFUL
1st page

#### was you crying for ni##a?

Wait a minute. You were born in 1996?

That explains you.
 04-20-2013, 05:45 AMaway - #16
DsRueHz 

d 
space
$746 | 937496
Simple for me. Waaaay more than a rapper. More than money, cash, hhoez. More than just
a throw away track to say I said: "Go to school yall". THAT takes courage, and it was natural for him cause he was a cerebral street cat. He's also a poet like Nas and Common.
And I'm all about dat street sh.t minus the coonery and nignance---- real brotherhood
 04-20-2013, 05:51 AMonline - #17
Mocking Mind 1 heat pts

d 
space
$7,254 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Yung Chance
nothin.gave rappers all that stereotypical bad guy persona after he tried to be something he isnt
 04-20-2013, 05:53 AMaway - #18
pocketchange 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$5,374 | POWERFUL
Actor, motivator.
 04-20-2013, 09:18 AMaway - #19
Root Of Evil 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$11,362 | POWERFUL
1st page

05-04-2013, 07:27 AMonline - #20
puffmypiff2k9 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$674 | 15446656
Seems like BX been showing pac alot of love the past few days, especially with the a$sata shakur thing.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Nov 22 - Cleveland police shoot 12-year-old boy holdi..
81 comments
Video inside  New Jurassic World teaser just leaked
50 comments
NBA Raptors & Dray improve to NBA best 11-2, beat Cavs as Le..
67 comments
 NBA Lebron Getting Frustrated With His Teammates "you...
New reply 1 minute ago - 94 comments - by Moony Jackson
  Trinidad James Gets His Teeth Fixed...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 57 comments - by ajeana
 Image(s) inside Caption This Pic
New reply 5 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Zoo Blocc Savage
 NFL Snf: Dallas Cowboys (7-3) @ New York Football Giants (...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 837 comments - by Kooper
 Video inside Migos & Fans Response To Dc Goons For Doing The In...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 125 comments - by JNumbaNC
  The Case Of Big Krit
New reply 25 minutes ago - 123 comments - by JimmyThe3rd
 NCAAF Nfl Head Of Officiating Says Jameis Winston Should Hav...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 125 comments - by theFREAK
  Top 5 South Rappers...of Recent...not All Time
New reply 25 minutes ago - 66 comments - by TrillTalk404

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,860 fans of BX | none new today 4,810 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.