Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

50 Cent Hosts Pool Party With G-Unit

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
170 viewing
Image inside The Clinton Body Count  
10 comments
most viewed right now
122 viewing
Image inside The Internet Already Making A Mockery Out Of Jay Z..
297 comments

top in section
79 viewing
Hov cuts Tidal Premium Subscription in half
top in hiphop
top in section
88 viewing
 Mar 30 - 3 men become first in New York history to be sentenc..
top in news

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 50 Cent Hosts Pool Party With G-Unit
Unread 08-08-2005, 04:46 PMJoined Jul 2005 - away - #1
786 pageviews
2 comments

Myelz416  space
MyelzSantana
space
$184 | 107768
Yesterday, 50 Cent held a party at his Farmington, Connecticut mansion playing host to a few hundred revelers, including G-Unit, Mobb Deep, M.O.P., boxing champion Winky Wright, actress Nia Long, Lil’ Jon, Lil’ Scrappy and a host of other celebrities.

The pool party, equipped with a harem of models, doubled as a celebration for the rapper’s upcoming book, The Massacre re-issue, movie and the looming releases of Tony Yayo and singer Olivia.

“You know I wanted to do something for the people, you know. I wanted to throw a party, party,” 50 Cent told AllHipHop.com. The rapper explained that this event also acted as a makeshift birthday party as well.

“I didn’t get a chance to throw like a real party for my birthday. Yeah, my birthday was July 6 so I had different really close people and my staff, my company [at that party],” he explained. “I bought this [mansion] so I have everything put together, so I can entertain like 1,200 people.”

Black Entertainment Television was also present at the party taping an upcoming special on 50 Cent and his many projects. The G-Unit leader and company socialized with party-goers, taking pictures, eating and strolling about the rapper’s lavish compound, which was outfitted with a waterfall, lake, basketball court and pool.

The event, which ended in the early evening, was capped off by a performance by the G-Unit – Olivia, Mobb Deep, M.O.P., Young Buck, Lloyd Banks and 50. Spider Loc, the new West Coast leg of the crew, was present, but didn’t take to the stage.

A fortunate few at the barbeque were able to get a copy of 50’s new book, which was co-written by journalist Kris Ex. The semi-autobiography, "From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside, Queens," is a joint venture with MTV Books. The rapper will conduct the only book signing event related to the book at 11 a.m. on Tuesday Aug. 9 at the Virgin Megastore in Union Square, New York.

Similarly, the rapper’s the semi-autobiographical “Get Rich or Die Tryin’” will chronicle his rearing in Queens, New York. The Jim Sheridan-directed movie hits theaters in November.

Finally, The Massacre re-issue is equipped with a DVD that includes videos for all 21 songs. The opus is available on Sept. 6.

50 Cent purchased the 48,000-square-foot mansion from former boxing champ Mike Tyson for $4.1 million.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/

2 comments for "50 Cent Hosts Pool Party With G-Unit"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 08-08-2005, 04:47 PMJoined Jul 2005 - away - #2
Myelz416  space
MyelzSantana
space
$184 | 107768
tryin to get dat 20 street cred milestone
Unread 08-08-2005, 04:51 PMJoined Nov 2004 - away - #3
jrich_23  space
space
$1,194 | 622230
hmmm yeah i dont really give a sh*t :thumbsdow

Home > all sections > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
31 viewing
Video inside Tamar Braxton crying cuz Chris Brown gave her light..
142 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
29 viewing
Video inside What exactly is in our Oceans ?  
51 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Image inside Hov making history again  
535 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Image inside and i get high with my baby  
167 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Image inside any of you seen dame dash's movie?  
51 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
15 viewing
NBA 2K15 will be $10 on Amazon if James Harden + John Wall..
335 comments
@games
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Video inside Passed Out in the Middle of the Freeway
79 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Image inside Air Jordan 5 Retro Remastered "White/Metallic"
31 comments
@gear
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Mar 29 - March to martial law? Undercover Special Forces t..
66 comments
@news

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time