b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

50 Cent Hosts Pool Party With G-Unit

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 50 Cent Hosts Pool Party With G-Unit
topic by Myelz416 - 08-08-2005, 05:46 PM

Yesterday, 50 Cent held a party at his Farmington, Connecticut mansion playing host to a few hundred revelers, including G-Unit, Mobb Deep, M.O.P., boxing champion Winky Wright, actress Nia Long, Lil’ Jon, Lil’ Scrappy and a host of other celebrities.

The pool party, equipped with a harem of models, doubled as a celebration for the rapper’s upcoming book, The Massacre re-issue, movie and the looming releases of Tony Yayo and singer Olivia.

“You know I wanted to do something for the people, you know. I wanted to throw a party, party,” 50 Cent told AllHipHop.com. The rapper explained that this event also acted as a makeshift birthday party as well.

“I didn’t get a chance to throw like a real party for my birthday. Yeah, my birthday was July 6 so I had different really close people and my staff, my company [at that party],” he explained. “I bought this [mansion] so I have everything put together, so I can entertain like 1,200 people.”

Black Entertainment Television was also present at the party taping an upcoming special on 50 Cent and his many projects. The G-Unit leader and company socialized with party-goers, taking pictures, eating and strolling about the rapper’s lavish compound, which was outfitted with a waterfall, lake, basketball court and pool.

The event, which ended in the early evening, was capped off by a performance by the G-Unit – Olivia, Mobb Deep, M.O.P., Young Buck, Lloyd Banks and 50. Spider Loc, the new West Coast leg of the crew, was present, but didn’t take to the stage.

A fortunate few at the barbeque were able to get a copy of 50’s new book, which was co-written by journalist Kris Ex. The semi-autobiography, "From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside, Queens," is a joint venture with MTV Books. The rapper will conduct the only book signing event related to the book at 11 a.m. on Tuesday Aug. 9 at the Virgin Megastore in Union Square, New York.

Similarly, the rapper’s the semi-autobiographical “Get Rich or Die Tryin’” will chronicle his rearing in Queens, New York. The Jim Sheridan-directed movie hits theaters in November.

Finally, The Massacre re-issue is equipped with a DVD that includes videos for all 21 songs. The opus is available on Sept. 6.

50 Cent purchased the 48,000-square-foot mansion from former boxing champ Mike Tyson for $4.1 million.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/

2 comments for "50 Cent Hosts Pool Party With G-Unit"

08-08-2005, 05:47 PMaway - #2
Myelz416 

d 
space
$184 | 107768
tryin to get dat 20 street cred milestone
 08-08-2005, 05:51 PMaway - #3
jrich_23 

d 
space
$1,194 | 622230
hmmm yeah i dont really give a sh#t :thumbsdow

Image inside  Dec 19 - Monster Three-foot “Rat” found in New York C..
70 comments
Dec 19 - STUDY: Men choose Internet pron over marriage for sex
52 comments
NBA Kyrie Irving putting in work after a loss as LeBron watc..
53 comments
 Video inside Amber Rose Twerking For Bhris Brown
New reply 1 minute ago - 134 comments - by Carlton Black
 NBA Toronto Raptors - Whhhhat Are You Doing?
New reply 1 hour ago - 79 comments - by WhoNextWithPlex
 Image(s) inside Iggy Azalea Slams Azealia Banks, Calls Her A 'miserabl...
New reply 49 minutes ago - 89 comments - by all3rd
 NBA So Where Does Rajon Rondo Help The Mavs Finish At This...
New reply 1 hour ago - 107 comments - by tre0624
 Article inside Full 63 Page Bobby Shmurda/gs9 Indictment
New reply 50 minutes ago - 238 comments - by Nickel
 Image(s) inside Bobby Shmurda & Gs9 Charged With 21 Counts Of Havi...
New reply 1 hour ago - 253 comments - by sdot216
  Hopsin Quits Rapping
New reply 60 minutes ago - 134 comments - by BasedCali
  Dec 18 - Misspelled Sign By Boxden Member Cost Hs Prin...
New reply 1 hour ago - 64 comments - by rshodunke

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,901 fans of BX | none new today 4,848 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.