This is BX @ Boxden.com

1LynguisticMind's Review Of DMX: "Undisputed" (3.9/5)

1LynguisticMind's Review Of DMX: "Undisputed" (3.9/5)
33 topic by Littlefinger1 - 09-11-2012, 12:11 AM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

1. Lookin Without Seeing – Once again X comes with a classic intro. Im kinda depressed that he didn’t make this a whole song. As always you can feel the real in his voice. And on this track, like the majority of the album, this beat is nice. 5/5

2. What They Don’t Know – This that workout type music. Kinda made me want to punch a wall and scream obscenities at my dog. His voice in the verses, and the entire album sounds a little different. It’s not as deep anymore. This song has me hyped for the album though, beat goes to hard. 5/5

3. Cold World – this def has a cool vibe. X should have toned it down on the screaming while this #### was singing though, she was great. The verses didn’t really fit the chorus. But X still did his thing. 3/5

4. I Don’t Dance – Not gonna lie. I hated this song when it dropped. I absolutely hate MGK. But this ####s kinda catchy. I still throw this on when im running or lifting. This has got that get hype X feel. Some AIDS infested homo dudes should gangr### MGK to de@th tho. 3.5/5

5. Sucka For Love – This is a dope Joint. X be on his #### a #### #### right here. This is the type of a song you would play after you just jumped in your whip after having a one night stand with some beat college chick who doesn’t realize she was a one night stand. Damn I wish I was still single sometimes…> 1LynguisticMind's Review Of DMX: "Undisputed" (3.9/5) - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below! 4/5

6. Get Scared – This track isn’t mixed right. You can barely hear X in the verses. This beat is dope and the Chorus is nice but honestly I cant hear #### in the verses. Dont like this beat too much either. 2.5/5

7. Slipping Again – Easily the best cut on the album. This is DMX at his best. The Beat is perfect and X makes it his own. This is Hip Hop. While many artists care nothing about the art, that doesn’t apply with DMX. He is the realest of all time. X has been to hell and back, and you can hear the sincerity and pain in his music. This song is classic DMX. This will make a grown man cry, #### will have you reflecting on the past....> 1LynguisticMind's Review Of DMX: "Undisputed" (3.9/5) - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below! 5/5

8. Prayer (Skit)

9. Im Back – This song is nice. This beat has that late 90’s early 2000’s feel. DMX’s energy is at a high on this one. Sample is perfect. 4.5/5

10. Have You Eva – Another beat with the 90’s feel. X is on that real ####. Almost everyone can relate to this. Its an inspirational joint. 4/5

11. Get Your Money Up – This is a banger. Loud and aggressive, this is a great get hype pre game/work out track. 3/5

12. Head Up – Love the chicks voice on the hook on this one. This is a look to God track, X is definitely on that preacher ####. From an Agnostics point of view X is convincing. You can tell he really believes and im glad the Darkman has some positive in his life, even if I think it’s a fairytale. 3.5/5

13. Frankenstein – This different song. Beats crazy, feels like a joint to play when your warming up for football or something. Personally im not a fan of this song. The beat bumps though 2.5/5

14. Yall Don’t Really Know – X is on his k!lla #### here. This beat his something serious. Got that early X vibe. “Im tired of being the ni##a they keep behind bars” 4/5

15. I Got Your Back – Another banging beat. Good song catered towards the ladies. A song about riding or dieing. X has a really cringe worthy line on this one that had me rolling though “shawty got my back like a jacket” > 1LynguisticMind's Review Of DMX: "Undisputed" (3.9/5) - Photo posted in The Hip-Hop Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below! 3/5

16. No Love – My second favorite cut of the album. X puts his soul into this ####. This hook is perfect. One of the best beats on the album. X talking about loyalty and trust on this ####. Once again X proves that rap music can still have substance. 5/5

17. Already – Even thought this song has been out for four years it still hits. This is classic DMX. High Energy, banging, #### em all lyrics. When I hear this song I want to break my coffe table and go flick off a nun. #### makes me wild out. Great pre gaming music. 5/5

The Bonus Tracks: #### You ####, I Love That ####, Fire. #### You #### def should have been on the album. One of my favorite X tracks in years.

At the end of the day im glad this CD came out. The game needs DMX. This is a reality check, and hopefully other rappers will take note. Just because 90% of the industry is using the same type beat and same type punch lines, “Undisputed” reminds us there are still authentic artists like DMX. He did not try to sell out or switch the style up at all. The women on the choruses were perfect, and im glad there weren't many features. The production really stands out on this album. These are hip hop beats, besides the club sounding "I Dont Dance" you dont have to hear any of that eurotrash BP3 style bull####. This is DMX. And while sure hes not the same he was 14 years ago, who is? I am always exicted to bump some new DMX. I expect better music coming from him then i do from the popstars Eminem and Jay-Z. While he wont win any new fans or get heavy radio rotation, avid DMX fans will most likely this album. DMX remains in my Top 10 of All Time probably Top 5.

3.9/5

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

33 comments for "1LynguisticMind's Review Of DMX: "Undisputed" (3.9/5)"

09-11-2012, 12:55 AMonline - #2
Littlefinger1 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$19,481 | POWERFUL
if you a fan of the darkman dont sleep on this
 09-11-2012, 01:01 AMaway - #3
LOONATIK 1 heat pts

d 
space
$7,115 | POWERFUL
I've been looking forward to one of the GOATS new joint for a while too, will cop.
 09-11-2012, 01:28 AMonline - #4

d 
space
$19,481 | POWERFUL
make sure you guys peep the bonus tracks #### You #### and I Love that ####....I cant understand how these didnt make the album, the production on these too joints
 09-11-2012, 01:43 AMaway - #5
GOD999 129 heat pts129

d 
space
$21,847 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 1LynguisticMind
make sure you guys peep the bonus tracks #### You #### and I Love that ####....I cant understand how these didnt make the album, the production on these too joints
Bonus cuts added more to my rating as well.

Overall, better than Year Of The Dog Again IMO
 09-11-2012, 03:31 AMonline - #6

d 
space
$19,481 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by X-NINE

i agree with that
 09-11-2012, 06:24 AMaway - #7
Giovanni Cassa 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$2,881 | POWERFUL
How the hell did you rate this 3.5/5 when only about 3 songs out of 16 were rated below that? I'm not saying it's not on point, but how did it gave you an average of 3.5 ? Looking at the ratings per song the overall album rating should've been higher.
 09-11-2012, 12:59 PMonline - #8

d 
space
$19,481 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by lucas white
How the hell did you rate this 3.5/5 when only about 3 songs out of 16 were rated below that? I'm not saying it's not on point, but how did it gave you an average of 3.5 ? Looking at the ratings per song the overall album rating should've been higher.
I musth have ####ed the math up because i tallied it up, going to check that now

edit: yeah you were right, i accidently counted prayer when tallying up the scores so i divided the total by 17 instead of 16.

the real score is 3.9/5

Last edited by Littlefinger1; 09-11-2012 at 01:05 PM..
 09-11-2012, 01:04 PMaway - #9
ballin1 2 heat pts

d 
space
$4,573 | POWERFUL
did you buy this or just download it? cuz i just got back from the mall and they didnt have it there in any of the music stores. im gonna try best buy this afternoon, but thats not a good sign
 09-11-2012, 01:09 PMonline - #10

d 
space
$19,481 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ballin1
did you buy this or just download it? cuz i just got back from the mall and they didnt have it there in any of the music stores. im gonna try best buy this afternoon, but thats not a good sign
i listened to it umm...at a friends house.....

def going to gg out to cop it tonight or tommorow
 09-11-2012, 01:31 PMaway - #11
ballin1 2 heat pts

d 
space
$4,573 | POWERFUL
i listened to it umm...at a friends house.....

def going to gg out to cop it tonight or tommorow
lol make sure you cop it, my ni##a has like 10 kids to feed!
 09-11-2012, 03:30 PMonline - #12

d 
space
$19,481 | POWERFUL
def going to buy this, i can tell this will get better with each listen.

X is back
 09-11-2012, 03:36 PMaway - #13
whothebestmc 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$11,198 | POWERFUL
I'd say it's a little high based off what I've heard a 4/5 is a bit much. But I haven't heard the album in its entirety many times yet.

I'd say 3.5, worth checking out though
 09-11-2012, 05:11 PMonline - #14

d 
space
$19,481 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by whothebestmc
I'd say it's a little high based off what I've heard a 4/5 is a bit much. But I haven't heard the album in its entirety many times yet.

I'd say 3.5, worth checking out though
smoke a bowl, chill outside at night, and listen
 09-11-2012, 05:27 PMaway - #15
whothebestmc 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$11,198 | POWERFUL
smoke a bowl, chill outside at night, and listen
wouldn't that make wiz good then?
 09-11-2012, 06:17 PMaway - #16
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389

d 
space
$18,416 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by X-NINE

09-11-2012, 06:19 PMaway - #17
One Gud Cide 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$8,611 | POWERFUL
lots of the beats were cool, but that's pretty much it. couple dope things, one dope bonus track, everything else was pretty bad. 2.5
 09-11-2012, 06:36 PMaway - #18
36 Nine 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$3,739 | POWERFUL
Good review.
 09-11-2012, 06:38 PMaway - #19
draglee 

d 
space
$889 | 462796
I copped it at Target !

Its legit! You rated it fair 3.9 dont go into this album thinking this is gonna be some radio play album. X still got it.... 'slippin again' is my favorite track!!! 'Sucka for love' reminds me of the 'hows it going down' track but this album go hard!

support this album

Last edited by draglee; 09-11-2012 at 06:41 PM..
 09-11-2012, 08:19 PMaway - #20
Mumbletaker 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$3,913 | POWERFUL
3.5/5 for the "preview" i heard.

picked up the cd at best buy today so i'll throw the bonus tracks on my ipod and listen to them tomorrow.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  2014 Fall Television Schedule
56 comments
NFL Brandon Marshall calmly Ethers ESPN
73 comments
BOX Floyd mayweather making major changes to his team
97 comments
 Image(s) inside :kanyewhatisthis: ???
New reply 57 seconds ago - 152 comments - by Solitary Genius
  Tracklist For T.i.'s New Album "paperwork" R...
New reply 28 minutes ago - 82 comments - by CaliSteppin
 NBA Timberwolves Offer Max To Bledsoe
New reply 13 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Trill Livin
 NBA Cleveland Cavaliers Interested In Roy Hibbert
New reply 46 minutes ago - 85 comments - by metatr0n
  Rappers That You Used To Bump Heavy But Then Completel...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 224 comments - by Slickems
 Video inside Jennifer Lopez Booty(remix) Ft. Iggy Azalea
New reply 56 minutes ago - 107 comments - by TheBoss2012
 NFL Who Is The Most Overrated Quarterback In The Nfl?
New reply 15 minutes ago - 139 comments - by prettyklever
  What's Your One Favorite Gwuap Song Of All Time?
New reply 1 hour ago - 60 comments - by Slickems

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.