This is BX @ Boxden.com

10 Rappers Who Quit Smoking Weed

10 Rappers Who Quit Smoking Weed
topic by Brainwave - 04-04-2012, 06:45 PM - Boxden > The Hip-Hop Spot

The Artist: Kid Cudi

When He Quit Smoking: 2011

Why He Did It: Although he made his announcement on April Fool's Day last year, this most certainly was not a joke. Instead, Cudi announced he was quitting because he was "happy being a new me." On his Tumblr, he wrote: "Giva f--- who thinks of me different, you didnt care about me in the first place if you can be proud and happy for me for growing and starting a new chapter. Im not your puppet or your tap dancing drug addict here to be your miserable muse, i always made music for me to help myself find understanding. I have finally learned from the words in my songs. I love who loves me and who really cares about me."

The Artist: Method Man

Why He Did It: Although Meth didn't say he was quitting forever, when we spoke to him late last year he did say that he was going to begin phasing Mary Jane out of his life. "I don't want that every time you hear Method Man's name you a$sociate it with getting high," he said, "because there's so much more to me that that. I'm not actually distancing myself from my marijuana culture people, but it's not in the forefront anymore. I got kids to raise, man. Plus, it was never really that bad. It comes to a point where no matter where you go, they're always thinking you're high. And I'm not always high. I mean, right now, I'm sober as a priest."

The Artist: Yelawolf

When He Quit Smoking: "A few years ago"

Why He Did It: During an interview with the Baltimore Sun in October 2011, Yela revealed that he used to suffer from anxiety when he used drugs when he was younger. And, after quitting for several years, he tried smoking weed again a few years ago but got hit with another bout of anxiety. So he gave it up and doesn't smoke anymore. "The only thing I can do is just drink," he said. "That's the last thing I got."
The Artist: GZA

When He Quit Smoking: 2007

Why He Did It: During an interview with New York, GZA talked about growing up and said that weed has limited the amount of stuff he's been able to do in his career. "I'm done with that," he said. "I could have done so much more in the past...I'm just really, really laid-back-slash-lazy. Last minute with everything. And now, I can't blame the weed."
The Artist: RZA

When He Quit Smoking: 2012

Why He Did It: Like GZA, RZA woke up one day and realized that he wasn't a kid anymore. "Making music and weed went together for me," he told Chelsea Handler. "Many years, I've been in the studio making hits, and weed was always there. But I've transferred myself."

The Artist: Mark Wahlberg

Why He Did It: First of all, are we stretching the term "rapper" and "artist" here? Yes. Deal with it. Marky Mark used to be a rapper and he also used to smoke weed until his kids convinced him to give it up. "I stopped smoking weed for my kids," he said at the Indie Impact Awards in early '11. And he did so because his daughter once confused the weed smell on his clothes for a skunk. "Sometimes Daddy smells like that," he remember her saying. Good reason.

The Artist: Snoop Dogg

When He Quit Smoking: 2002 (er, at least temporarily)

Why He Did It: Although we're pretty sure Snoop's picked the habit up again—he got arrested for pot possession in January—there was a time when he quit. "I'm not trying to be a dead legend," he said. "I'm trying to be a living legend. I care about myself and I love me and I wanna be here. I don't care what you say or what you feel. If you have something negative to say about me not smoking weed, f--- you in your mouth."

The Artist: J. Cole

Why He Did It: After talking about putting the pot down in several songs, HipHop-N-More asked Cole about it. He revealed that he was never really a "big smoker" and said that he really only talks about weed to stay connected to some of his fans. "I just had a phase toward the end of college," he said. "That was my phase, but it was never for me."

The Artist: Cee-Lo

When He Quit Smoking: Sometime in the 1990s

Why He Did It: At the height of the success of Goodie Mob, the rapper/singer suffered from a bad anxiety attack one day while smoking weed and decided to give it up for good. "I never got comfortable with it again," he said in November 2010 before talking about a song called "Marijuana" with Slim Thug a few years ago. "When that song came out, I was like, 'I've got a song with Slim Thug...?' I don't even understand what I'm saying."

The Artist: Lil Wayne

When He Quit Smoking: 2010

Why He Did It: You can't smoke behind bars! And even though he's out now, Weezy's still on probation. So he's not allowed to partake in pot anymore. But we're not so sure this drug-free thing is for good. "I drank syrup and smoked a lotta weed," he told GQ last year. "I wish I could be back on it. That's how it f------ feels. How does it feel to be sober? I'll be like, 'It feels f----- up.' What do you want me to say? 'It feels great'? No."
Puff, Puff, PASS! 10 Rappers Who Have Quit Smoking Weed | Vibe

Latest Hip-Hop Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

94 comments for "10 Rappers Who Quit Smoking Weed"

04-04-2012, 06:54 PMaway - #2
tacuna 320 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$3,838 | 15320467
:smokin:
 04-04-2012, 07:00 PMaway - #3
Tybigbigguy 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$1,955 | POWERFUL
:cool-smiley-009:
 04-04-2012, 07:01 PMaway - #4
Philly B 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$5,314 | POWERFUL
 04-04-2012, 07:04 PMaway - #5
Draped Up 64 heat pts64

d 
space
$2,473 | POWERFUL
*lights joint*

04-04-2012, 07:07 PMaway - #6
H.N.I.C. 

d 
space
$2,658 | 3415329
I quit last year too if anyone was wondering..
 04-04-2012, 07:09 PMaway - #7
Menelek 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,856 | 10249233
I cant front the last time I smoke weed I was tripping. I dont know if the weed was really strong or what.

Some of these ni##as aint stop.
 04-04-2012, 07:10 PMaway - #8
Draped Up 64 heat pts64

d 
space
$2,473 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by H.N.I.C.
I quit last year too if anyone was wondering..
 04-04-2012, 07:15 PMaway - #9
Final Boss 108 heat pts108

d 
space
$5,312 | POWERFUL
lol @ the last one...wayne the realest ni##a out them all

"do you want to be sober? ...#### no"
 04-04-2012, 07:16 PMaway - #10
acclaimedknives 49 heat pts49

d 
space
$5,740 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Final Boss
lol @ the last one...wayne the realest ni##a out them all

"do you want to be sober? ...#### no"
lol yeah that #### made me laugh too
 04-04-2012, 07:18 PMaway - #11

d 
space
$5,740 | POWERFUL
snoop ain't ever gonna quit weed

I see some interview with nore once and he's like I'm the second biggest pothead in the rap game, I met snoop and I gotta admit that guy smokes way more than me
 04-04-2012, 07:25 PMaway - #12
kiddrocay 25 heat pts25

d 
space
$18,216 | POWERFUL
there was a point in time where I couldnt do it for a while, couldnt drink either.

paranoia some ish, if you have been really depressed and try to smoke weed you will get hella paranoid

worsens anxiety like a mother ####er to the point you dont wanna be high and thats when ya high really lasts a long time

Im good with it again now
 04-04-2012, 07:29 PMaway - #13

d 
space
$5,740 | POWERFUL
yeah I go through phases too, right now I'm in my quittin phase might just cut it down though instead of quitting completely but who knows
 04-04-2012, 07:50 PMaway - #14
P DRILLA 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$8,316 | POWERFUL

04-04-2012, 07:50 PMaway - #15
TBX 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$1,972 | 14649854
I need to quit big-####in-time - but it's hard when it moves so well. fml

04-04-2012, 07:51 PMaway - #16
Final Boss 108 heat pts108

d 
space
$5,312 | POWERFUL
ni##a that what da nicotine for and ting...if you catch em bad vibration when gettin high then just have a tobacco cigarette mon
 04-04-2012, 07:55 PMaway - #17
skillahmang 2 heat pts

d 
space
$17,367 | POWERFUL
crackin 8 months with out smokin trees. don't even think about it and i smoked for 14 years straight.
 04-04-2012, 08:01 PMaway - #18
Ghostface08 19 heat pts19

d 
space
$620 | 10943215
Most these dudes are damn near 40, Im sure weed loses appeal by then.

Last year I smoked everyday for 6 months then quit for 4 months. Only changes I noticed were a healthier bank account and I felt more confident in social settings.
 04-04-2012, 08:20 PMaway - #19
JosephDoom 5 heat pts

d 
space
$12,318 | POWERFUL
#### quitters. cant smoke and be productive at the same time??
 04-04-2012, 08:28 PMaway - #20
Ca$h Out 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$24,439 | POWERFUL
mo fa me....

:cool-smiley-009:

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Lil Durk's Baby Mama is a freak
77 comments
The PS4 SharePlay thread: Online Couch Coop and trying out othe..
104 comments
NBA Kobe Bryant Calls Dwight Howard "A bi-ch Ass N***A"
120 comments
 Image(s) inside Floyd Mayweather Wearing Bedazzled Louboutin Boots
New reply 2 minutes ago - 76 comments - by nicoled985
 Image(s) inside Shady Xv Tracklist
New reply 12 minutes ago - 75 comments - by ShadyVsEminem
 Article inside Juvenile Returns To Cash Money Records
New reply 2 minutes ago - 154 comments - by Steve
 Video inside Smack/url Presents- T Rex Vs Charlie Clips [anticipati...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 386 comments - by ZeusSlaps
 Image(s) inside Oct 29 - Aliens Are Real Reveals Former Area 51 Scient...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 141 comments - by Rick Ross
 Article inside Marvel Announces Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 195 comments - by Steve
 audio inside Lil Wayne - Gotti (ft. The Lox)
New reply 10 minutes ago - 147 comments - by Dabc32
 audio inside Future - Monster [anticipation/discussion Thread]
New reply 30 minutes ago - 180 comments - by Marlo Stanfield

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,833 fans of BX | none new today 4,803 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.