This is BX @ Boxden.com

Baked Spaghetti

Baked Spaghetti
Thumbs up topic by BayArea51 - 05-09-2013, 07:56 AM - Boxden > That Eating Good Section

again here, make it however you want to i never followed these, just looked at the temp and minutes.. basically easy af, thank god i met a girl that knows how to cook, i never knew some things are just soo damn easy too cook > Baked Spaghetti - Photo posted in That Eating Good Section | Sign in and leave a comment below!

> Baked Spaghetti - Photo posted in That Eating Good Section | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Ingredients
Original recipe makes 8 servings

1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (32 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups small curd cottage cheese, divided
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.

2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.

3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef and onion until meat is browned and onions are soft and translucent, about 7 minutes. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.

4. Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter in a large bowl. Mix in spaghetti to egg mixture and toss to coat. Place half the spaghetti mixture into baking dish. Top with half the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and meat sauce. Repeat layers. Cover with aluminum foil.

5. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes longer.

Baked Spaghetti Recipe - Allrecipes.com

ANOTHER SOURCE:

> Baked Spaghetti - Photo posted in That Eating Good Section | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Okay, this is crazy good. Think lasagna, but made with spaghetti noodles instead. Thin spaghetti noodles, actually, or vermicelli. A couple of beaten eggs are tossed in with the cooked noodles (along with grated Parmesan, yum!) and layered just the way you would if you were using lasagna noodles. The egg helps bind the noodles in place so you can easily cut out even rectangles to serve without them falling apart.

It’s the perfect thing to serve a hungry teenage boy who is visiting for spring break, who somehow manages to eat his weight every day, who loves to skateboard and can play Minecraft for hours without getting bored. Not that I know anyone like this at all.

Baked Spaghetti Recipe

Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 1 hour, 45 minutes

If you don't like mushrooms, please feel free to leave them out. If you love mushrooms, I recommend using shiitake because they are so wonderfully flavorful. Or you could augment creminis with dried porcinis that have been reconstituted in hot water.

Save time on prep by chopping the onions and mushrooms while the sausage is cooking, and grating the cheese while the pasta is cooking.

INGREDIENTS

3/4 lb vermicelli pasta or thin spaghetti
1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
1/4 pound shiitake or cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 medium onion, chopped, about 1 1/2 cups
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 cups or 24 ounces of marinara or meatless tomato sauce*
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp olive oil plus more for greasing the casserole dish
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup ricotta cheese
2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

*You can make your own or use a good quality jarred sauce. To make your own, make a double recipe of our basic tomato sauce, blend it smooth to use in this baked spaghetti recipe.

METHOD

1 Put a large pot of water on the stove on high heat. Add salt to the water, about 2 Tbsp for 6 quarts of water. While the pasta water is heating, continue with the next steps.

> Baked Spaghetti - Photo posted in That Eating Good Section | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Baked Spaghetti - Photo posted in That Eating Good Section | Sign in and leave a comment below!

2 Break up the sausage into clumps into a large sauté pan. Turn the heat on, to medium. Slowly cook the sausage, breaking it up into smaller pieces with the a wooden spoon. The slow cooking will help the fat render out. Cook until the sausage is cooked through, no longer pink anywhere, and lightly browned. Remove the sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain the fat from the pan (not into your sink or you may clog it!)

> Baked Spaghetti - Photo posted in That Eating Good Section | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Baked Spaghetti - Photo posted in That Eating Good Section | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Continued below...

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

23 comments for "Baked Spaghetti"

05-09-2013, 07:56 AMaway - #2
BayArea51 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$5,186 | POWERFUL
3 Add the chopped onions and mushrooms to the pan. Increase the heat to medium high. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions become translucent and the mushrooms have given up some of their liquid. Add the minced garlic and red chili pepper flakes, and cook a minute more.

4 Add the marinara sauce and the 1 1/2 cups of water to the pan with the onions and mushrooms. Add the sausage back to the pan. Add the Italian seasoning and chopped parsley. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to a very low simmer on the lowest simmer setting on your stovetop. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or so while you make the pasta.

5 By this time your pasta water in step one should be boiling. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook, uncovered, at a rolling boil, for 5 to 6 minutes, al dente. Note that the pasta will continue to cook and absorb some of the sauce when it is in the casserole dish in the oven, so the pasta should be al dente. When ready, drain the pasta and rinse in cold water.

6 Place the cooled pasta in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, then the Parmesan, then 2 beaten eggs. It's easiest to do this with your (clean) hands.

7 Preheat your oven to 350°F. Rub the inside of a 13x9 inch casserole dish (a Pyrex dish works great) with olive oil. Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of the casserole dish.

8 Place half of the pasta in an even layer in the casserole dish. Cover with half of the sauce. Then dot the sauce with all of the ricotta cheese. Sprinkle half of the Mozzarella over the ricotta layer. Layer again with the remaining pasta, the remaining sauce, and the remaining Mozzarella.

9 Cover with foil and bake for 40 min at 350°F. Remove the foil and bake an additional 20 minutes uncovered. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares and servin

Yield: Serves 8 to 10.

Note: i use Mexican Style Cheese or Marble

Last edited by BayArea51; 05-09-2013 at 08:11 AM..
 05-09-2013, 07:57 AMaway - #3
BayArea51 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$5,186 | POWERFUL
What finished product should look like

05-09-2013, 12:49 PMonline - #4
S1xth 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,457 | 5518505
my pops has made this for me on my birthday since i was like 5, i love this ####.
 05-09-2013, 12:58 PMaway - #5
Spiffy 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$20,022 | POWERFUL
I came
 05-09-2013, 01:15 PMaway - #6
DesertEagle 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$7,160 | POWERFUL
 05-09-2013, 01:17 PMonline - #7
youngsiz 

d 
space
$3,487 | 6159706
baked is that truth
 05-09-2013, 01:24 PMaway - #8
titanreese 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$10,451 | POWERFUL
This #### is the way to eat spaghetti right here...
 05-09-2013, 01:39 PMaway - #9
bunnz17 100 heat pts100

d 
space
$1,584 | POWERFUL
You wanna take that #### up a notch, take one egg and mix it with the parmesan cheese, and a cup of cottage cheese. #### will seriously blow your mind. Baked Spaghetti is great, but with the cottage mixture in it better than ####.
 05-09-2013, 01:43 PMaway - #10
TiestoFriendly 5 heat pts

d 
space
$10,978 | POWERFUL
Bookmarked
 05-09-2013, 01:43 PMonline - #11
Frasier 156 heat pts156

d 
space
$11,094 | POWERFUL
#### that egg #### son. Cmon. Whats the purpose? I hate eggs....looks good though, but
 05-09-2013, 01:49 PMonline - #12
Killa KMS 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$4,047 | 13944331
leggo
 05-09-2013, 04:00 PMaway - #13
ecomog 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$2,773 | POWERFUL
Bookmarked, and I'll be trying this soon. #### looks amazing
 05-09-2013, 04:55 PMaway - #14
BayArea51 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$5,186 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by titanreese
This #### is the way to eat spaghetti right here...
YES! EXACTLY WHERE I COMING FROM!!

i always complained when my mom made it watery when i was younger, smh i could of been eating that good all my childhood with this if i knew !!

Originally Posted by Fras1788
#### that egg #### son. Cmon. Whats the purpose? I hate eggs....looks good though, but
i never used that ish, i think it helps in someway so it stays together? forgot what i read

had me like when i seen it say egg

EDIT:

Originally Posted by bunnz17
You wanna take that #### up a notch, take one egg and mix it with the parmesan cheese, and a cup of cottage cheese. #### will seriously blow your mind. Baked Spaghetti is great, but with the cottage mixture in it better than ####.
yep!! i thought of differnt ways in my head and those were some of them

LOTS of different ways to make this even better

Last edited by BayArea51; 05-09-2013 at 05:05 PM..
 05-14-2013, 06:57 AMaway - #15
bunnz17 100 heat pts100

d 
space
$1,584 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Fras1788
Nah for real, the eggs act as a binder, the #### cooks up more solid. You can slice it like lasagna and it comes off in bricks. #### will make it so powerful. Do it once...and thanks me later.
 05-14-2013, 05:53 PMaway - #16
BayArea51 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$5,186 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by bunnz17
Nah for real, the eggs act as a binder, the #### cooks up more solid. You can slice it like lasagna and it comes off in bricks. #### will make it so powerful. Do it once...and thanks me later.
yep i thought i read something about it being a binder nice!! going to try this next time i make it for sure sounds perfect
 05-15-2013, 11:58 AMaway - #17
NoName 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$1,155 | 20872238
Wife makes this ####. She uses cream cheese instead of cottage cheese
 05-15-2013, 12:02 PMaway - #18
ruff 6 heat pts

d 
space
$23,279 | POWERFUL
 05-27-2013, 11:13 PMaway - #19
BayArea51 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$5,186 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NoName
Wife makes this ####. She uses cream cheese instead of cottage cheese
yeah i gotta try that with mine!! that thought went across my brain once
Originally Posted by ruff
 06-13-2013, 03:37 PMaway - #20
Garnet & Gold 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$28,809 | POWERFUL
Making this right now, better come out b0mb

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > That Eating Good Section

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Samsung Galaxy S5 Beats iPhone 6 In New Benchmarks
85 comments
Ios 8 now available
111 comments
Image inside  Sep 17 - Pizza Hut testing 'Skinny Slice'
63 comments
 NFL Brandon Marshall Of Chicago Bears Being Accused Of Pun...
New reply 23 seconds ago - 122 comments - by ant30ant33
 Image(s) inside Sep 17 - White Guy Taunts Immigrant Family By Plasteri...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 52 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Article inside 50 Cent Is Bipolar, Torae Says
New reply 2 minutes ago - 84 comments - by ajeana
 NBA Lebron's Hairline, Has Also Come Back Home. (pic)
New reply 7 minutes ago - 133 comments - by TnTbadman
 Image(s) inside Kendrick Lamar-i Love Myself Artwork
New reply 3 minutes ago - 122 comments - by RoyceDa59
  Big K.r.i.t.-see Me On Top Vol 4 Anticipation/discussi...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 148 comments - by RoyceDa59
 Image(s) inside Smash Or Pass: Mexican Bbw Singer Janney Marin Aka Chi...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 103 comments - by OchoLoco
  Name The 3 Biggest Mysteries In Hip Hop
New reply 19 minutes ago - 150 comments - by DASKCREW1

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.