b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Why the English Language is So Hard to Learn

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > The Hip-Hop Spot > Wild videos, news, and other media

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Why the English Language is So Hard to Learn
 07-06-2012, 09:05 PMaway - #41
cold_young_thug 38 heat pts38

d 
space
$6,768 | POWERFUL
Most of these are half-sentences, or ones that makes no sense or never would happen.

A soldier deserting his desert in the desert?!
 07-06-2012, 09:34 PMaway - #42
xplizit 1 heat pts

d 
space
$940 | 4294424
Originally Posted by Optimus Crime
Latin is waaaay easier to learn than Attic Greek. And there are only a few people that speak it fluently because it's a dead language... Not because it's difficult.
modern greek is a lot easier than latin, trust me, i learned both (and speak neither)
ancient greek might be harder than latin, not sure about that

i learned latin for 3 years and the exams i did were all about translating 4 sentences with help of a dictionary.. and half the class failed. that's right, after 3 years you'd think you have the basics down but no.. in latin, nouns have declinations, therefore the only way to learn the language properly is to speak it all the time which is why nobody is fluent at it

and my mother tongue isn't english so some of the languages in the chart are easier to learn for me

Last edited by xplizit; 07-06-2012 at 09:38 PM..
 07-06-2012, 09:41 PMonline - #43
Kontrast0 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$22,909 | POWERFUL
 07-06-2012, 09:47 PMaway - #44
tweedle 

d 
space
$188 | 331132
Originally Posted by WhoNextWithPlex
figured it would be somethin like this

english is the hardest language on earth to learn if you arent native to it. its simply because its a "bastard" language. we borrow from french, latin and german to make up most of our words. add the fact that we have things like onomatopoeia and homonyms, its tough #### mayne.
No its not. Its one of the easiest languages to learn. Stop talking nonsense, youve probably never left your own country, so stop talking on #### you dont know.

Originally Posted by utdpridah
smfh

Dove is a bird, but when referring to diving, dove is not even a word. It is dived.
Wrong. Dove is absolutely a word. It is the past tense of dive. Read a dictionary.
 07-06-2012, 09:55 PMonline - #45
Soprano ATL 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$8,508 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tweedle
No its not. Its one of the easiest languages to learn. Stop talking nonsense, youve probably never left your own country, so stop talking on #### you dont know.

Wrong. Dove is absolutely a word. It is the past tense of dive. Read a dictionary.
No, dumb ####, the past tense is dived. Btw, words in the dictionary don't allude to proper English. See ain't, that's in the dictionary, too.
 07-06-2012, 10:01 PMaway - #46
Shakespeare 65 heat pts65

d 
space
$3,611 | POWERFUL
"I had had enough of it at some point."

What kind of ####boy language makes you repeat words after another?
 07-06-2012, 10:51 PMaway - #47
Draped Up 65 heat pts65

d 
space
$2,491 | POWERFUL
I speak 6 different languages with english being my native tongue, once you master Spanish, Italian or French, its fairly easy to master them all, while English picks and chooses phrases from different languages to form what we know, English is similar to German and Dutch, so if you are completely proficient in the English language they can also be fairly easy to master
 07-06-2012, 11:18 PMaway - #48
RAZER 58 heat pts58

d 
space
$2,624 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Damagegadget
more than half of the world speaks english..it is far from the hardest
stfu its hard to learn my grammar is not up to par with english natives. sometimes it really hard for me to say certain words in english.
 07-06-2012, 11:18 PMonline - #49
Deuterion 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,050 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Draped Up
I speak 6 different languages with english being my native tongue, once you master Spanish, Italian or French, its fairly easy to master them all, while English picks and chooses phrases from different languages to form what we know, English is similar to German and Dutch, so if you are completely proficient in the English language they can also be fairly easy to master
3 of those are romance languages, one is latin influenced, and the others are Indo-European which is why they are so close to one another. I bet if you tried to learn Japanese or Chinese you wouldn't be speaking about how all language is easy to master.
 07-07-2012, 12:46 AMonline - #50
Optimus Crime 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,304 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by xplizit
modern greek is a lot easier than latin, trust me, i learned both (and speak neither)
ancient greek might be harder than latin, not sure about that

i learned latin for 3 years and the exams i did were all about translating 4 sentences with help of a dictionary.. and half the class failed. that's right, after 3 years you'd think you have the basics down but no.. in latin, nouns have declinations, therefore the only way to learn the language properly is to speak it all the time which is why nobody is fluent at it

and my mother tongue isn't english so some of the languages in the chart are easier to learn for me
Attic Greek is [one of] the Classic forms of Greek. And I'm a Classics minor, so I have translated both... HEAVILY ... And every classics program that teaches Attic Greek recommends that you take Latin because it's easier and builds a foundation for learning the Greek. So yes... Between being Roman Catholic, and having a minor in Classics... I would say that Attic Greek is MUCH more difficult. That being said, I think a lot of it has to do with what your base language is... I didn't think German was that difficult to pick up in my limited interactions with it... I hated French, but it wasn't difficult... And Japanese was more... different... as opposed to being hard. (And I've spent at least a year studying all of them) I think some people's brains are wired to better accept multiple language families
 07-07-2012, 02:19 AMaway - #51
Silencer 45 heat pts45

d 
space
$1,155 | POWERFUL
Brought her home from the club after seeing her bussit... She asked for cab fair I told her to buss it...
 07-07-2012, 03:15 AMaway - #52
tweedle 

d 
space
$188 | 331132
Originally Posted by utdpridah
No, dumb ####, the past tense is dived. Btw, words in the dictionary don't allude to proper English. See ain't, that's in the dictionary, too.

Once again, it most certainly is a word. Just because it isn't used in your regional dialect of the English language does not make not a word.
 07-07-2012, 07:58 AMaway - #53
xplizit 1 heat pts

d 
space
$940 | 4294424
Originally Posted by Optimus Crime
Attic Greek is [one of] the Classic forms of Greek. And I'm a Classics minor, so I have translated both... HEAVILY ... And every classics program that teaches Attic Greek recommends that you take Latin because it's easier and builds a foundation for learning the Greek. So yes... Between being Roman Catholic, and having a minor in Classics... I would say that Attic Greek is MUCH more difficult. That being said, I think a lot of it has to do with what your base language is... I didn't think German was that difficult to pick up in my limited interactions with it... I hated French, but it wasn't difficult... And Japanese was more... different... as opposed to being hard. (And I've spent at least a year studying all of them) I think some people's brains are wired to better accept multiple language families
oh word, cool you learned both..i never took a look into attic greek, but modern greek isn't all that hard

german is my native language so i'm fluent at it..the only way to speak german 100% mistake-free is to either grow up speaking it or living there for a very very long time or from an early age on and dedicating your free-time to mastering all the declinations and word genders
i can't tell you how hard it is to learn english because i grew up around it
spanish is very easy to learn once you know some latin (learned latin first, then spanish)
french wasn't hard either but i lost interest
only asian language i somewhat know is persian, and it actually has similar language roots to many european languages..
 07-07-2012, 11:35 AMaway - #54
ham00di 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$1,437 | 17910645
Originally Posted by WhoNextWithPlex
figured it would be somethin like this

english is the hardest language on earth to learn if you arent native to it. its simply because its a "bastard" language. we borrow from french, latin and german to make up most of our words. add the fact that we have things like onomatopoeia and homonyms, its tough #### mayne.
lol, actually its one of the easiest! the hardest languages are Russian and Chinese.
 07-07-2012, 12:09 PMaway - #55
Daddy Black 2 heat pts

d 
space
$5,619 | 13748539
It is a hard language to learn for people who arent native to it and didnt learn how to pronounce certain words. My dad for instance says teach instead of "teeth" and chief instead of "theif" he pronounces words how their spelled.
 07-07-2012, 12:17 PMaway - #56
One Gud Cide 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$8,827 | POWERFUL
that just means your dad is a retard and probably passed it on to you
 07-07-2012, 12:59 PMaway - #57
Magnolia 6 heat pts

d 
space
$2,467 | 6405923
the gay guy is very gay
 07-07-2012, 01:01 PMaway - #58
Urbanchill 4 heat pts

d 
space
$4,919 | 13701676
isnt spanish the same way in that aspect tho ?
 07-07-2012, 01:31 PMaway - #59
MOTTAFOOKAH 2 heat pts

d 
space
$9,218 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Aurora
Nope, Chinese and Arabic are some of the hardest languages to learn.
I didn't think chinese was that bad.. Iv'e been studying Mandarin for about 5 months and it's not that bad... Now Arabic looks ####ing nuts
 07-07-2012, 01:54 PMonline - #60
young mad 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,231 | 11190881
English is an open language...changes constantly and has many rule exceptions...ask anyone who is not a native speaker

NBA Top 5 Most Skilled Players In The League?
61 comments
NBA James Johnson just blatantly disrespected Drummond's ent..
65 comments
NBA This guy Lillard is Agent Zero Jr.
80 comments
 Video inside Ll Cool J And Canibus Performing 4,3,2,1 At Barclays
New reply 44 seconds ago - 110 comments - by RoyceDa59
 Video inside Nyc Streets React To Bobby Shmurda & Gs9 Arrest
New reply 5 minutes ago - 57 comments - by GiftOfGod
 Image(s) inside Azealia Banks Ethers Action Bronson
New reply 51 seconds ago - 161 comments - by Frankybaby
 NBA Grizzlies Assistant Gets His Car Stolen, Players Buy H...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 104 comments - by Agentzer0oo0
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 56 seconds ago - 219 comments - by KingMahaat
 Video inside Bow Wow Looking Real Mad On 106 N Park Final Episode
New reply 14 minutes ago - 74 comments - by VA Prime
 Image(s) inside Chris Brown Losing It Over Karrueche
New reply 2 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Frankybaby
 BOX Roy Jones Jr. Dissing Floyd
New reply 22 minutes ago - 116 comments - by elferoz

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,902 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,847 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.